Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Should HND Holders Go To Hell? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should HND Holders Go To Hell? (7151 Views)

HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc? / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 6:31pm On Aug 08, 2006
that is it oo.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 8:04am On Aug 09, 2006
Yes o NCE has been saved, It is now 5 credit to make i to coollege of Education HND must be save from HELL
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 10:06am On Aug 09, 2006
HND must be made to be attractive to the society oo. Why is it that govt are still delaying the establishment of National polytechnics commissions?
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2006
Nigerian Government Should Hnd Holders Go To Hell?
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by oyedemi: 11:30am On Aug 09, 2006
hnd holder shouid try to acquire additional certificate to bost their credential,and praying to God to grant us favour.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 2:09pm On Aug 09, 2006
Thank you, After spending 2 years for ND , God knows how man survive the one year Break another 2years for the HND before the NYSC with no placement. Going for further studies with What. NYSC allowance savings Abbi, I hope you remember that only the POOR normally wait to do HND in the polytechnic, Rich man son must have find their ways to university with over 350,000 Naira. How will poor HND holder pay for other studies. Age may even catch up.  Further studies? How?

Then is like saying that  Hnd Holders Should Go To Hell
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2006
Why you no advice Bsc holders to acquire additional certificates by going for further studies? Abi HND holders no read the same book with Bsc holders? Oyedemi by right everybody suppose get good job with his/her HND/Bsc certificate before thinking of going for further studies. Abi you think say Bsc holders read more than HND holders or know book pass HND holders? Bros, this is a war btw the rich and the poor, so lets stand up and fight it well.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 8:09am On Aug 10, 2006
Should Hnd Holders Go To Hell? Mr Oyedemi So you still think HND can not Do what the Bsc does

oyedemi:

hnd holder shouid try to acquire additional certificate to bost their credential,and praying to God to grant us favour.

Tell me what additional qualification do you want HND holders to have?
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 12:43pm On Aug 10, 2006
i wonder oo, which one be d additional qualification?
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by stchuxobi(m): 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2006
Hnd graduates know more about technicalities in the industry in all fields, it's just a pity tha the country doesn't recognize them much.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 7:44am On Aug 14, 2006
The country believes that it is only Bsc holders that are relevant. Help me ask them what good Bsc holders have done to the economy of nigeria? Yes they have tried; at least they are responsible for all the problems of nigeria; under-development, unemployment, cultism, exam-malpractice etc. Name them!!
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by gem87(f): 12:02am On Aug 28, 2006
No, they shld top it up n get a degree
i mean degree holders dnt even hv jobs
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 7:53am On Aug 28, 2006
No HND holder should top up his/her HND with Bsc oo!! Go straight to post graduate school and do a PGD and Msc. If the society does not recognise you that does not mean that you should not recognise and acknowledge the certificate you have. Whether anybody likes it or not our HND is equal or greater than Bsc.

Mathematically: HND>=Bsc
QED.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 10:12am On Aug 28, 2006
Yes HND is higher than Bsc because you can not have HND untill you graduate it is a PostND
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2006
Please tell dem jo.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2006
post ND = HND wwith ability.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2006
some people think polytechnic is a place where people go to learn trade. Work wey dey polytechnic curriculum pass wetin dey university sef; ask anybody that has tasted the 2 to tell you if u're in doubt. To me university education is irrelevant in nigeria because it brings about negative or no development to the economy. Polytechnic education is what the nation needs presently.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2006
A deputy Governor once said , he knew all what he is using today at the polytechnic that the university was just a rubber stamp.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 2:47pm On Aug 28, 2006
dats true oo.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 2:58pm On Aug 28, 2006
This what Ayozie Ogechukwu told us

It is now an offence to be a polytechnic graduate in Nigeria, if in doubt ask the army of unemployed polytechnic graduates in the labour market. Nothing is as dehumanising and degrading as being asked to leave an interview venue just because one spent five or more years to acquire a diploma from a polytechnic.
Our Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, a couple of years ago advocated a closure of our universities for a period of one year so that a proper stock-taking would be done and appropriate strategies implemented to bring back the lost glory of our ivory towers.
I cannot agree less with our dear professor, only that in my own opinion, I am of the view that all the polytechnics should be permanently closed and converted to secondary schools, and where possible upgraded to satelite campuses of our universities. The reason being that they have lost their substance and glory due to neglect and poor funding.
I am a graduate of one of the best polytechnics in Nigeria, the Federal Polytechnic l1aro and I am proud to be one. But recent activities of private and public employers have compelled me to ask the government to close those polytechnics if we do not need them, and where their products are treated as inferior materials even where they are better without giving them the opportunity to prove their mettle.
The original concept of the polytechnic was to produce middle level manpower. But for over 40 years now, there has been no dynamic effort made to re-evaluate this policy. With pride one can mention some first generation polytechnics that have better facilities and academic staff than most universities in some courses, especially in engineering, management and accounting courses. With pride again one is compelled to mention Yaba College of Technology, Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu, Kaduna Polytechnic and Auchi Polytechnic. The performance of graduates of these institutes in both academic and professional examinations have been very remarkable.
The Minister of Education, Prof. Fabian Osuji will etch his name in gold if he attends to the academic needs of polytechnics in the same way he considers the needs of the universities. Is there no way Nigerians can have a polytechnic of equal standard to the Cranfield Institute of Technology, (now Cranfield University) in UK and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in the USA? The polytechnic graduates are noted for their very excellent performances in both local and foreign professional examinations like the lCAN, ClBN, NlMN, ClM (Lond) etc.
Education prepares one's mind and characters and enables a person to tackle the challenges of life. This is where I feel that the federal and state governments need to properly allocate funds to the polytechnics, to enable them attract the same calibre of academic and research staff as the universities. Alternatively, where this cannot be done, I am of the opinion that polytechnics be closed and converted to secondary schools. Enough is enough of this educational hypocrisy and stagnancy. Polytechnics need to be financially and academically empowered to move forward. It is not out of place if they are allowed to award degrees and postgraduate degrees and attract the same calibre of staff as the universities. The academic and social stigma of being a polytechnic graduate needs to be removed once and for all. Nigeria needs to move forward.
Research grants should be extended to the polytechnics. This is a task for the government. If the polytechnics are to properly fulfill their functions, the conditions of service and the nature of funding should be the same as those of the universities so that they can attract and retain the services of higher calibre academic and research staff. The earlier the federal and state governments address the problems of the polytechnics the better it will be for Nigeria and its quest for technological development and for our labour and educational system.
If nothing is urgently done, the polytechnic system will definitely collapse, and it will be a very bad investment for Nigeria. Once more, if we cannot make the polytechnics a pride of academic place, it will be better to close them all and have them converted to secondary schools and satellite campuses of the universities.

Ogechukwu, is a doctoral research student of the Delta State University Abraka.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 7:34pm On Aug 28, 2006
some polytechnics are even bigger and better equipped than some universities in nigeria, so closing them down will result into great loss to nigeria. let government have a re-think on technical/technological education in nigeria; nigeria needs technology to grow up. our policy makers i guess are all daft people, else they should have been able to come out with better plans to move nigeria forward by ways of encouraging nigerians to enroll into technical colleges and polytechnics, and funding of polytechnics even better than universities. i swear university graduates are responsible for the stagnant growth of nigeria for years now. most of the inventions you see around in nigeria are the handiwork of polytechnic graduates. i beg let the government wake up from its slumber jo. theoretical people can not develop any nation, it is only practical and skillful people that can develop a nation.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Enkrate(m): 10:05pm On Aug 30, 2006
its funny you all are talking of not having jobs with your hnd, have others also gotten jobs?, NO!!!!!! SO WHY CONDEMN URSELFS? YOU ARE WHAT YOU THINK AND SAY YOU ARE, , ANYWAY IF YOU ARE STILL WONDERING WHERE HELL IS ITS HERE ALREADY, IT DOESNT GET WORSE THAN N.I.G.E.R.I.A, SAD BUT TRUE,SO WE ARE ALL IN IT AND YET NOT KNOW, NA GOD GO SAVE US, NAIJA DON NEARLY DELETE
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 9:47am On Aug 31, 2006
What is he talking about?
We are not joking here we are serious
So

FG to remove career ceiling on HND holders
http://www.tribune.com.ng/31082006/news/news8.html

Must be joking then. Abi
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 11:53am On Aug 31, 2006
yes oo, there is no ceiling for HND holders again. with your HND now you can reach the peak and zenith of your career. Please let them send the circular to private employers too.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 12:32pm On Aug 31, 2006
cheesy grin tongue kiss kiss kiss cry all for joy while waiting for the white paper.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2006
My advice to polytechnic students and polytechnic graduates is to stand up, carry placards and do a peaceful demonstration demanding the closure and abolishment of polytechnics and polytechnic education in nigeria. Let the government close down all polytechnics in nigeria; we no longer want polytechnic education in nigeria because it is of no significance. Let them abolish polytechnics and Technical/vocational schools so that every nigerian can go to the university and get a Degree. Please if there is any one that knows who the president of National Association Of Polytechnic Students (NAPS) is, let him be informed about this option. Enough is enough, we no longer want polytechnic education in nigeria, it is university education and Degrees we want.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by Hndholder(m): 10:01am On Sep 12, 2006
That is to say to HELL with the polytechnic education in NIGERIA.
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by ishmael(m): 11:11am On Sep 12, 2006
Yes o, to hell with polytechnic education in nigeria. We want only universities and Degrees. polytechnics and their HND certificates are of no use and significance to nigeria and nigerians; so why should such schools be allowed to exist in the first place??
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by LoveKing(m): 12:45am On May 15, 2011
Very funny title
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by YoruIgbo(m): 10:48pm On May 15, 2011
A brief background about myself, I finished from IMT Enugu in 94 with an HND cert in Mech Engineering, worked for Schlumberger for few years then resigned because I got frustrated with the fact that I can be more than a technician then went for further studies until I acquired a Master Degree in Petroleum Engineering and I currently work for a Multi-National oil company (name witheld) in the UK and also doing a Ph D part time.

My advice for HND holder, HND is a solid foundation but it is time we understand that HND is a path to a solid future so please if you have HND try and go a bit further and acquire a BSc as a worst case as it will even be easier for you to pass the exams as most things will will be stuff you did in your OND and HND. I am a living example,

Finally it's a pity that the Nigeria unemployment situation now is so bad that I won't be surprise if companies start asking for foreign certificates before you can be invited for a test

But best of luck to you guys,
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by RITETRAC: 6:19pm On May 17, 2011
WHY SHOULD THEY GO TO HELL?.I DNT SEE ANY DIFFERENCE BTW HND AND BSC,JUST THE CERTIFICATE AND THE DISCRIMINATION
WE NEED A CHANGE OF ATTITUDE IN NIGERIA.B4 I 4GET THE GOV SHOULD MAKE SURE ALL HND CERTIFICATE ARE CONVERTED TO B.ENG B4 SCRAPPING IT IF AT ALL IT WILL BE SCRAPPED
Re: Should HND Holders Go To Hell? by diva90: 8:33pm On May 17, 2011
i'm sorry to ask this silly question as you would call it but what degree is HND? embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Befitting Architectural Designs / Check Out This Youngest Nigerian Army Personal --- ( Pics ) / Cost Of Air Conditioner Installation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.