Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America (80244 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Ask Any Questions About China, Taiwan , Hongkong Etc / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by nannymcphee(f): 11:11am On Oct 30, 2013
Pls I'm trying to track a friend in the us, Ohio to be precise, he got involved in some shit, he was caught while trying to flee to Nigeria, that's the last I heard from him.

No one had heard from him, not even his folks in Nigeria, if his name is googled all you see his his arrest but nothing has come up as to his sentencing, it's been over a month

assuming he has been sent to prison, how can one find out?? Any public records to show this or what??

am based in nigeria
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by toshmann(m): 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2013
pickabeau1:

this lad is almost in final year.

doesn't matter. . . . .
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by lymelyte(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2013
nannymcphee: Pls I'm trying to track a friend in the us, Ohio to be precise, he got involved in some shit, he was caught while trying to flee to Nigeria, that's the last I heard from him.

No one had heard from him, not even his folks in Nigeria, if his name is googled all you see his his arrest but nothing has come up as to his sentencing, it's been over a month

assuming he has been sent to prison, how can one find out?? Any public records to show this or what??

am based in nigeria
Just 2 things involved here.is either he has been killed or he is behind bars.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by pickabeau1: 5:03pm On Oct 30, 2013
toshmann:

doesn't matter. . . . .

Ok....if u say so....
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by nannymcphee(f): 6:21am On Oct 31, 2013
lymelyte:
Just 2 things involved here.is either he has been killed or he is behind bars.

So how does one confirm the above, killed is ruled out, what he is being accused of does not carry the death penalty & his arrest at the airport was void of struggle.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by genlion: 11:14am On Oct 31, 2013
pls does anyone know if a permanent resident of america needs a visa to travel to uk
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 31, 2013
nannymcphee: Pls I'm trying to track a friend in the us, Ohio to be precise, he got involved in some shit, he was caught while trying to flee to Nigeria, that's the last I heard from him.

am based in nigeria

You can try www.instantcheckmate.com
or http://jail.publicrecordschecks.com/

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
genlion: pls does anyone know if a permanent resident of america needs a visa to travel to uk

Visit this site and answer the 3 questions in the questionnaire.... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/do-you-need-a-visa/

You will know if you will need a visa or not.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Lucasbalo(m): 1:30am On Nov 01, 2013
Yinkathomas:

Visit this site and answer the 3 questions in the questionnaire.... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/do-you-need-a-visa/

You will know if you will need a visa or not.
Yes.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by practicalclass: 2:24am On Nov 01, 2013
Hi. I'm interested with the issue of transferring credits from schools in Nigeria to schools in US. Please can someone shed more light on this. thanks. Also, assuming one arrived in usa without knowing someone, how does one settle to find a part-time job. Thanks.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by practicalclass: 2:56am On Nov 01, 2013
immortallity: thank you very much everyone for this wonderful thread. I'm a medical student and would be graduating next year. I really want to get further trained in the u.s and if possible get a job and reside there. I would like to know 1. How advisable is this 2. When is the best time to leave 3. How realistic is this 4. How easy is it to get into residency or get a job 5. What are the requirements and how would i go about it. Thanks a lot. I would really appreciate an honest answer.

Also in your shoes. I know one can study for the usmle (United states medical licensure examination) and pass, but my question is how do one go through surviving in the period of studying for the exams.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by practicalclass: 2:58am On Nov 01, 2013
ayodeji752: @Babyosisi,u are a wonderful woman. @everybody,pls i need ur advice cos u guys know more dan i do. I am a 600L dentistry student of ui.i'm thinking of relocating to either Canada or US after leaving school but i'm still confused which one would be better for me. I mean d beta country between d two countries dat supports my profession.

@ayodeji: please I'm sending a personal message to you and will appreciate if you reply. reason being that I'm in the same school with u, and studying an almost similar course.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by nannymcphee(f): 8:19am On Nov 01, 2013
Yinkathomas:

You can try www.instantcheckmate.com
or http://jail.publicrecordschecks.com/

thanks, the second link is giving an error message while the first requires some form of payment
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 01, 2013
nannymcphee:

thanks, the second link is giving an error message while the first requires some form of payment

Check http://www.ancestorhunt.com/prison_search.htm

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/LocateInmate.jsp

Most sites require payment.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by nannymcphee(f): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 01, 2013
nannymcphee:

Thanks man

Let me know what your findings are.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Ddy(m): 6:22am On Nov 02, 2013
please i need an urgent answer. my sister is an american citizen and she wants to invite me for a visit. Please can u advise me on how to go about it cos am scared of being denied visa. can u help mw with possible procedures or approach i will follow to get visiting visa. tnx
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by akingenge: 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
babyosisi:

Atlanta is a fine city and Tech is a top notch school
Yes the school is in the heart of downtown atlanta with the crime found in all down town areas despite the police presence
But these hoodlums hide in alley ways to attack
Just don't walk alone late at night
Most of the mugging and purse snatches that have occurred are usually on lone walkers past midnight
They advise students not to have their Fancy phones or IPods out that late whole walking down the street
That is what attracts the attackers
The school has a great African Students organization too with many Nigerians
You will like it
I know some people there

Goodday OP
Can you discuss career in IT sector in the USA expecially in ATLANTA and OHIO
Im interested in that sector, thanks ahead
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by babaajala: 7:28pm On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=Ddy] please i need an urgent answer. my sister is an american citizen and she wants to invite me for a visit. Please can u advise me on how to go about it cos am scared of being denied visa. can u help mw with possible procedures or approach i will follow to get visiting visa. tnx[/qu
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Melancholy(m): 10:31am On Nov 05, 2013
Started from the bottom now am here.I must thank Op for giving a pratical way of survival in the u.s.Am feeling as if have been there done that, due to helpful responses, so when the time comes for me i would know the right steps to take,only for my family(host) to drive me to those places.gbam!
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 05, 2013
practicalclass:

@ayodeji: please I'm sending a personal message to you and will appreciate if you reply. reason being that I'm in the same school with u, and studying an almost similar course.

Just wandering around on here and I think it would be good to say this:

This response is targeted at AYODEJI, and others that might be in his shoe.

Getting a residency position as a foreign trained doctor is almost impossible in the US. (it wasn't like that decades ago). Passing the USMLE does not really guarantee a residency position, sincerely your best shot would be getting yourself into the country as a student or other means, even Caribbean student doctors (whose schools are affiliated to a US school) are having a hard time getting a residency position.

My advice to you is this: Apply for a graduate studies (MPH or Epidemiology or whatever pleases you), take your MBBS certificate along with you and familiarize yourself with the system and all that. And don't get your hopes too high, you would probably end up doing your residency in family medicine and become a general practitioner. Sorry if my post seems pessimistic, it's just the truth.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
I don't know why @nemesis was attacked here. She unintentionally made a mistake, she was corrected and accepted it, she even acknowledged her mistake by quoting her own post.

Some people sha
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by walelat: 9:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dear visa officer, thank you for your time and your honest advice. I was in The a States a few months ago for 3 weeks. I have always wanted to live in America as a legal resident . What do I need to do to be able to live and work in the States?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by walelat: 11:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
walelat: Dear visa officer, thank you for your time and your honest advice. I was in The a States a few months ago for 3 weeks. I have always wanted to live in America as a legal resident . What do I need to do to be able to live and work in the States?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by bashong44: 8:56am On Dec 30, 2013
hi, I've got a problem. Here's how. I have an interview this coming January 2, 2014. Now on my ds 260, there is a mistake on one of my daughter's birth month. It should be September, not December. My petitioner, my daughter who's in the US the one who fill it up for me the form ds 260 online. She later just discovered the mistake. So my question is, how is gonna make it correct, do I still need an affidavit, or what anything to do? I don't know. Does this will affect my application for an immigrant visa? Please help me. Thank you...
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by umeshbabu: 12:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
HI,

Im an indian and working a software company in india.. on requriement i have been travelled to iran on work permit for 2 years and returned.. now im planning to apply for H1B visa from india, will there be any rejection if indian passport contains Iran visa.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by otosa(m): 11:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
Please I need help. I have somebody who said he can help me to get six months visa of America and with that six months visa I can survive living there without any problem. please is it true?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by rafcrown(m): 2:17am On Jan 05, 2014
WHAT KIND OF JOB CAN ONE QUICKLY GET AND WHERE/WHAT PART OF USA?
WHERE ARE THE BEST PLACES A NEWCOMER CAN STAY AND SURVIVE?
ARE SINGLE BLACK AMERICAN LADIES AVAILABLE
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by savemysoul: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2014
Please can somebody work with F2 visa?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ifegy: 3:19am On Jan 09, 2014
otosa: Please I need help. I have somebody who said he can help me to get six months visa of America and with that six months visa I can survive living there without any problem. please is it true?

Short answer: No. The person just wants your money. You can't work in the US without an appropriate work permit or a green card or citizenship, NONE OF WHICH that person talking to you can give you.
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by akpan123(m): 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
bayosis. check these site arrests.peopleverified.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (Reply)

Sad Truths About Living Abroad / See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / My Visit To Oron Crayfish Market Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.