Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America (80335 Views)

How To Make It As A Nigerian In America In 2014 / Ask Any Questions About China, Taiwan , Hongkong Etc / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 3:37am On Oct 05, 2013
@ ozo emeka: Seriously, there is no need for the insults. I agree that America isn't a bed of roses or a paradise, but try to calm down
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by marvelling(m): 3:37am On Oct 05, 2013
Na WA o! Who we go con believe?

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ozoemeka(m): 3:40am On Oct 05, 2013
Don't listen to false crap. Julliard is a TOP NOTCH school for the Arts. Oh BTW they support Nigerians as well . SO THIS IS A "WORKABLE" (is that a word?) advice to give. If you train at Julliard, you are considered the BEST.

http://www.juilliard.edu/about/newsroom/2013-14/juilliard-2013-summer-grants-awarded-six-student-projects-united-states-and?destination=node/30216

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Juilliard_School_people#Notable_alumni

CFCman:

Who knows, the particular immigrant's modified accent could get him/her job either on the small screen or big screen

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ozoemeka(m): 3:40am On Oct 05, 2013
Believe in facts NOT STORIES
I back ALL my "claims" up

marvelling: Na WA o! Who we go con believe?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 3:41am On Oct 05, 2013
@ozo_emeka

Will you pay his tuition there?
Can an immigrant come in and get grants and loans just for asking
I told you going to google copying and posting nonsense to feel among is not the answer
Practicable workable answers only
That is what they were looking for

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ozoemeka(m): 3:41am On Oct 05, 2013
Did you read hers? or you are singling me out

CFCman: @ ozo emeka: Seriously, there is no need for the insults. I agree that America isn't a bed of roses or a paradise, but try to calm down
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by fernandoc(m): 3:41am On Oct 05, 2013
ozo_emeka: Lol. sorry reality is too harsh for you. Enjoy this female's "soothing words" she will feed you what you want to hear. Good luck!

No one asked u to jump into this thread with ur negative aura and discourage people. Even with ur self acclaimed status u reek of negativity. Guy carry ur rantings to smwhr else and leave the good woman alone. Uninvited advisor.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ozoemeka(m): 3:43am On Oct 05, 2013
Are scholarships fairy tales also? As an American you "forget" that the top constituents of top notch schools include a percentage of people from a DISADVANTAGED background?

You forget people have done it before?

You asked "what jobs await him after Julliard" like Julliard is a waste of time. So you are MISINFORMING your readers.

Now of course if you're advising a complete idiot, sure the marriage way works!

babyosisi:

Will you pay his tuition there?
Can an immigrant come in and get grants and loans just for asking
I told you going to google and posting nonsense to feel among is not the answer
Practicable workable answers only
That is what they were looking for

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 3:45am On Oct 05, 2013
marvelling: Na WA o! Who we go con believe?

It's your choice between a loser and a lady who came to the USA with a little change in her pocket and makes a great income
It can be done
Millions of people from all nationalities have done it including Nigerians
Don't let anyone fool you or discourage you
I will tell it like it is
I have lived in Nigeria
I did college in Nigeria and did college here too

10 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 3:51am On Oct 05, 2013
ozo_emeka: Are scholarships fairy tales also? As an American you "forget" that the top constituents of top notch schools include a percentage of people from a DISADVANTAGED background?

You forget people have done it before?

You asked "what jobs await him after Julliard" like Julliard is a waste of time. So you are MISINFORMING your readers.

Now of course if you're advising a complete idiot, sure the marriage way works!

I said grants and loans Ewu
I didn't even mention scholarships
Marriage,legal marriage not fraudulent marriage is a good way to get green cards and there is nothing wrong with it
The woman gets a lover and a husband,he gets a lover,his papers and a wife
Mutual benefit
Nothing bad in it at all

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ozoemeka(m): 3:55am On Oct 05, 2013
So you got yours through mutual hustle.. HAHA

I thought your husband attended OXFORD, CAMBRIDGE and HARVARD all in one

babyosisi:

I said grants and loans Ewu
I didn't even mention scholarships
Marriage,legal marriage not fraudulent marriage is a good way to get green cards and there is nothing wrong with it
The woman gets a lover and a husband,he gets a lover,his papers and a wife
Mutual benefit
Nothing bad in it at all

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 05, 2013
lymelyte: @babyosisi,thanks for opening this thread.I have been following your post @ ozo_emeka thread.I must say,i really benefited from your post.
I am a graduated from production engineering,university of benin.I am currently waiting for nysc(Nov batch c).Actually,my plan is to come to the US to study for my masters in information or production technology after my service and preferably settling in the US as I vehemently believe I can make it over there .I am currently trying to save up for this move as I struggled to sponsored myself through school back here.
I seriously need your candid advice on how to go about it like
1) cost of schooling in the US atleast affordable for the struggling type like me if you know what I mean grin..
2)Do I stand a chance as I am a footballer and also skilled in computer hardware,software repairs and maintenance.
Thanks and Godbless as I await your anticipated response with all pleasure.

The biggest huddle for you and every immigrant here is the fund to go to school
If you come in with a visitor's visa and have a relative willing to support you,your best bet will be to have a co signer for your school loans if they qualify credit wise.

It is a big thing to ask anyone to undertake because if you default on your loans the person becomes liable too
Most of the time it is usually a sibling that will be willing to take that sort of risk for you.
When you secure an admission,the school will help you get a student visa F1
With an FI visa if you have a wife back home,she can come with an F2 visa
The good thing about F2 visas is that she can apply for a work permit and work legally as long as you maintain your F1 status.

Tuition differs from school to school
Universities in America are either state universities or private
The state universities are usually much cheaper than the private and tuition in state schools are still high.it can be up to 20-25k a year in professional schools like Engineering.
Your computer skills can come in handy even though I think there are lots of people into that field but everyone get their akaraka ( good will)
I hope I have helped

4 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:06am On Oct 05, 2013
ozo_emeka: So you got yours through mutual hustle.. HAHA

I thought your husband attended OXFORD, CAMBRIDGE and HARVARD all in one

FYI my hubby and I came to the USA two months apart ,and we got our green card the same day
He came on a JI visa,I came on a J2
He later got a an H1, I got an H4
Our green card was stamped on our green passports the same day,I hope you read that
And everything was legal
We were married in Nigeria
What is your next question?

I am saying all these things about myself that I have never revealed in my years on NL just to prove to you that not all Nigerians are living from hand to mouth like you paint
Or suffering under the weight of racism
Yes racism exists but it cannot stop anyone who is focused
If you excel in what you do,even those who don't like you because of your skin color will be forced to respect you
They have no choice
It is defeatist to hammer on racism and use that to scare people when Nigerians in Lagos are telling Igbos in Lagos to go home
Is that not stupidity?
There is worse discrimination where you come from
Theodore Orji sacked all the neighboring Igbo state indigenes in his employ solely for being non Abians and nothing happened
Can anyone try it in the USA?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ozoemeka(m): 4:18am On Oct 05, 2013
babyosisi:

FYI my hubby and I came to the USA two months apart ,and we got our green card the same day
Our green card was stamped on our green passports the same day,I hope you read that
And everything was legal

I am saying all these things about myself that I have never revealed in my years on NL just to prove to you that not all Nigerians are living from hand to mouth like you paint
If you excel in what you do,even those who don't like you because of your skin color will be forced to respect you
They have no choice
It is defeatist to hammer on racism and use that you scare people when Nigerians in Lagos are telling Igbos in Lagos to go home
Is that not stupidity?
Theodore Orji sacked all the neighboring Igbo state indigenes in his employ solely for being non Abians and nothing happened

You summed up my thread in the bolded part.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:20am On Oct 05, 2013
ikecinho:
Pls OP I wiud like to talk to u on dis latr,pls another way I can get in touch wit u?

Post it here
Someone else may benefit from the answer

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ojdollars(m): 4:26am On Oct 05, 2013
babyosisi:

And everything was legal

They have no choice
It is defeatist to hammer on racism and use that to scare people when Nigerians in Lagos are telling Igbos in Lagos to go home
Is that not stupidity?

@Babyosisi.... Thank you for the Information you dishing you... But please, take it easy, let's live with love... Adults don't aproach matters like this.. You mean well, Emeka mean well.. I beg make una stop the Insult and live united. One Nigeria!!!

@Emeka.... Please stop the insult, just be more polite, you are a good material believe me.... Educationally sound, but you must learn to respect others, cause you won't want your past to come hunt you later, ignorance is no excuse... Just apoilogize to everyone you have said one bad stuff to or the other and make peace.

6 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 05, 2013
ozo_emeka: Cornell FYI

LMAO @ Bowie State University - is that your alma mater?

I think if someone attended Bowie they won't have the cognitive ability to even talk about anything other than Jordans, Drake's album, Jay Z and street hoes

Am I wrong? you're a hbcu/community college grad, you should know

Your husband is an IVY? Then tell him a fellow Ivy says he is a disappointment marrying a street girl like you who can't forge whole sentences without interjecting with Igbo phrases? This is not a colloquial dialogue, speak up cohesively and MAKE sense. Since "all your kids" are at Princeton.

Cornell?
Ranking no 16 in university rankings
Ranks lower than the ones I was talking about cool cool
Try top two
Cornell
Tokunbo Ivy League
The headquarters for suicides??
I hope you don't become part of the stats with the way you are carrying on
You will soon jump off a bridge

I will not reveal anymore about me or where I schooled
Suffice it to say that it is a first tier university that ranks not too far away from your backyard ivy league
Ivy leaguers go talk,Cornell people will talk too
Mschtwwwww

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 05, 2013
ojdollars:

@Babyosisi.... Thank you for the Information you dishing you... But please, take it easy, let's live with love... Adults don't aproach matters like this.. You mean well, Emeka mean well.. I beg make una stop the Insult and live united. One Nigeria!!!

Thanks
Back to topic
Anymore questions before I retire for the night?
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:36am On Oct 05, 2013
babyosisi:

Thanks
Back to topic
Anymore questions before I retire for the night?

Does azu tilapia fall down and die in America?

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:37am On Oct 05, 2013
CFCman:

Does azu tilapia fall down and die in America?

Ozugbo nje nu

3 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:40am On Oct 05, 2013
babyosisi:

Ozugbo nje nu
grin grin grin
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:41am On Oct 05, 2013
@babyosisi: You said one of your kids is in the university; that means I'm really young

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 05, 2013
CFCman: @babyosisi: You said one of your kids is in the university; that means I'm really young

Yes thou art
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by ozoemeka(m): 4:50am On Oct 05, 2013
You came for me though!

JHU? Which is only good in medicine and flunks at everything else?
IT IS an Ivy.
Penn keeps sucking dick to get on that list, everyone always thinks penn is Penn State

Let's not get into politics of rankings. Everyone knows of course Cornell beats Dartmouth and Brown

babyosisi:

Cornell?
Ranking no 16 in university rankings
Ranks lower than the ones I was talking about cool cool
Try top two
Cornell
Tokunbo Ivy League
The headquarters for suicides??
I hope you don't become part of the stats with the way you are carrying on
You will soon jump off a bridge

I will not reveal anymore about me or where I schooled
Suffice it to say that it is a first tier university that ranks not too far away from your backyard ivy league
Ivy leaguers go talk,Cornell people will talk too
Mschtwwwww
Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Nobody: 5:57am On Oct 05, 2013
Ozo_emeka these pass few days you've worked hard at exposing the myth surrounding America and you went about it hard.

Truth is I don't believe you're 21. Too much depth in your researched flows propably made up of the once bitten, twice shy regret stance.

You're at least in your late twenties.

No lele sha, nothing do you. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Questions About America,straight Talk from a Nigerian in America by Lucasbalo(m): 5:59am On Oct 05, 2013
ozo_emeka: I am not frustrated silly.

I am ALREADY in an Ivy league. Can you say the same about yourself.

Look up NASA, I'm sure google works on your end.

To borrow from your words "America has been good to me and good to many people I know "

If people Migrated to Nigeria solely on the BEAUTIFUL houses they saw in Movies, wouldn't they be making uninformed decisions?

Come on, PMS can't make you reason so low can it?

. Emeka , calm down. All this diatribe is unnecessary . Please calm down. That woman is a married woman . At least respect her husband .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

See How Lagosians Sleep In Buses On Their Way To Work In The Morning (PHOTOS) / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria / 2 people Die As Helicopter Crashes Into Building in Opebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.