Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,551 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) (16466 Views)

Foreign Tabloids Mock Nigerian Movie "Spider Girl' In Hilarious Movie Review / Trailer Of 'The Four Boys' (An Aluu 4 Movie) / You Know It's A Nigerian Movie When... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by ochukoccna: 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
Page 1 of this thread has spoken to the OP what people feel about the horror they were encouraged to watch so I will not belabour it again
Just need to chip in to the OP that benchmark against global standards if you mean to produce an animation movie cool
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by souleymon(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
This trailer looks like a video game
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by jeok(m): 4:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
ekaromail:
Not trying to blow too much breeze but the truth is, you WON'T be disappointed.
the poster is already looking too cartoon'ish' can't wait to see the stunts, effects, props and so on...wish them all the best though.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by spade: 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jesu! Another embarrassment to my country's entertainment industry.

Where is the originality, I beg you!
Is this World War Z starring Chiwetalu Agu? Or is this I Am Legend starring Mr Ibu?

Did the maker of this movie plan to make an animation or did he just chicken out at the last minute?

Please, I'm sorry if I sound so harsh, but I think you should start with something a little smaller, like an animated short, and then gaining the experience instead of jumping into a full-length feature film.

Sorry, the originality is seriously non-existent.

I give this a Gentleman's F.

6 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by CODEEATER(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Good concept... but graphics is poor...VERY POOR....

1 Like

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Godwinsilas(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
I wonder why so many Nigerians will critize something from people who are trying to make this right whereas they can't even please themselves letalone to please other, you hater will just sit one place waiting for something to condem instead to advise y'all should come out and try something and know how hard it is to get this right.
Read the history of John Woo
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
The graphics is too, too poor. This is another kajola in the making.

1 Like

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by spade: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
xclusive43: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin laugh won kill me ooooo
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

See bomb like knockout. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
See Alien like toy.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
This is no trailer grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It is no trailer, my brother.
It is Keke Napep.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Zammydagreat(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hope say the alien nor go wear rolex watch? Or wear agbada? Cos na tinz wen nor dey happen na we dey see 4 nigerian film

1 Like

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by spade: 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
Okay, reading my past posts on this thread, I can say I'm not too proud of them.

@OP - I'm really sorry if my comments were harsh. And please, do NOT be discouraged by our silly talk.
In honesty, I admire your ambitious efforts. However, what I think you should do is start with something a little smaller, like a 5 minute animated short.

Using just Adobe After-Effects, you can make a decent animation.

Just start from there.

Don't be discouraged cool
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Chrisabig(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
The film no get head, the triller is just cartoon
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
Shit! What nonsense did I just watch?! When is Nigerian going to do something worth calling talented?!
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Looks like a video game to me
No offence.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by texazzpete(m): 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
This is an utterly HORRIBLE 'trailer'. I'm disgusted with the people with the 'let's encourage them' mentality.
There was no need to focus on the totally terrible CG. Where's the acting? You can do zombies with convincing acting + skilled makeup.
Why the inappropriate music, the insistence on showing the credits for half the time in a freaking trailer? Why are the streets so clean for a post-apocalyptic Lagos? Why are the fonts used so terrible?

You don't NEED too much CG. We heard ZERO dialogue in this 'trailer'. If the movie is supposed to be about zombies and the 'dangerous creatures' are supposed to be a plot twist later in the movie, why are we shown an alien?

Why does the movie title have 'Rise of the Aliens'? Isn't that a massive spoiler in itself?

I truly wonder if the people behind this have ever seen a movie trailer before. If you have slow internet, Please take N1500 and go to Silverbird and pay for a movie...watch some trailers until you get it.

Movie comes out Feb 2014? Less than 5 months away. I beg you, put some brains behind your next trailer if you want to get viewers. This one is truly abysmal.

4 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by alotofgrace(m): 5:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
well for me...its cool buh they should have...
1. used normal 9ja settings or
2. started with animation
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by texazzpete(m): 5:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
Xion:

Just to let you know, NL is a testing ground for your tolerance for critics. Many will say shit about your work and dreams just to discourage you. It's up to you to prove them wrong.

And many sycophants who are satisfied with mediocrity like this guy above will try and tell you you're on the right path.

People who are rightly dissing this trailer aren't trying to discourage him. They are trying to save him from an expensive embarrassment. For a Feb 2014 movie, this is terrible.

3 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by daylae(m): 5:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
I hope we are not talking about the same zombies on fela's song, cus we see them everyday.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by UjSizzle(f): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
grin
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by fiizznation: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Ishilove: 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
ekaromail: A scene from the movie. What will you do if there is an alien at your corner ? cool
I will bind and cast it. Jesus is the Lord of all, even aliens grin
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2013

TRASH! MB wasted!

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by redcliff: 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
[size=14pt]LOooooool, my people why? the producer, Animator, Graphic designer(with his poor use of fonts), Director, Still dey learn work. This movie should not be out there. never! If you want to do something go all out and do it. Don't give the work to people who are still learning how to animate and the chroming is so poor. and please nobody should come here and tell me to support my own and that we must start from somewhere. This is not the first of this rubbish i am seeing so i am wondering why the makers of this movie did not develop on the last kind of this rubbish desmond elliot was in. I cant watch this!!! Never![/size]

3 Likes

Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by oncolor1: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
This is the worst trailer I have seen for a movie. Nothing looks realistic at all. It even looks worse than children's cartoons characters.
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by kommiejewel(f): 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
OMG. . Are u serious?!. . Our very own Sci-Fi? This should b interestin. .smiley. . Pls wen is d release date?. . That's all i wanna knw. .
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
speedyboi: Lol. Op lemme advise you like a brother.

I can assure you that no cinema will agree to show this! Kajola was very bad. This is worse!

My advice to you is, kindly replace the humans in this your film with animated characters, and turn it into a first nigerian feature animation movie (cartoon). That will make more sense.

Vfx and Cgi isn't really an easy task and not a man's job. It needs a 'team'. And that needs big budget. Really.....I don't even know how to advise you, Cos this is really below par....Nollywood has passed this a long time ago. And I can't say much Cos the thread is on frontpage (whoever took it to frontpage sef is wicked! grin), and people will bash like there's no tomorrow. So I will just jejely unfollow this topic.

WISE WORDS MY FRIEND
IF I WASTHE ANIMATOR /TRAILER DIRECTOR I WILL KEEP PEOPLE LIKE U CLOSE
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by sammiboy007: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
who dash naija f22 jet
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
@OP
WHAT U SHOULD HAVE DONE WAS MAKE UR ORIGINAL POST READ LIKE THIS
'FELLOW NLERS I AM A ROOKIE ANIMATOR ANDCREATED THIS MOVIE. I KNOW ITS NOT UP TO STANDARD BUT ILL KEEP WORKING TO IMPROVE ON THIS PLS TELL ME WHAT U THINK'
INSTEAD OF ACTING AS IF U CREATED AVATAR
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by gothrones(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Godwinsilas: I wonder why so many Nigerians will critize something from people who are trying to make this right whereas they can't even please themselves letalone to please other, you hater will just sit one place waiting for something to condem instead to advise y'all should come out and try something and know how hard it is to get this right.
Read the history of John Woo

Criticism is not unique to Nigerians. Have you read a review for an American movie? Those critics will tear apart any movie they deem unworthy. The harshest statements I have read about a movie or about a country have always emanated from folks from western countries. However, we Nigerians, always think it is wrong to criticize any thing about ourselves. We are not criticizing because we are haters, but because we want better. That trailer was an embarrassment. What the heck was that?
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by stmanuel: 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
wow"throug life story in disgise...

is already happening in maidugri
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Lilblack2(m): 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
ekaromail:
Sure. I will upload it in youtube and post the link on this thread.
pls i no need trailer nah train me dey wait for!!(On my toes)
Re: Trailer Of "Dead City - Rise Of The Aliens" (A New Nigerian Movie) by Ishilove: 6:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hollywood movie on a Nollywood budget undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Pete Edochie Dead? What's Happening? / Daarsat / Your Favourite Tv Programmes Of The 80s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.