Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,104 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had (34801 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by MacT33(m): 12:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
If You hav gone though this thread and still do not knw wat it is aimed at... U better think again (and deeper dis time)
Everyone nids to see dis thread... [though i*and others too* read amidst tear n grief it makes me see myself on a more reflective mirror] ...so that every1 sobber reflects on their lives!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Adedoks(m): 1:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
My heart is heavy... JESUS ure all i av
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by newacca: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
My young sister. 400L Unilag student. Died in auto-crash along airport road,Ikeja. 31st June,2013. cry
So shocking. Being the last relative that stood by her grave side, I felt she was calling me,but I couldn't hear her,cos her body isn't with me anymore but her spirit sees me. May Allah grant you Al'Jannah Fridaos.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nenum(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Got a call from my Dad 8am 21st of sept 2013. "Jiro is dead". I immediately started my journey home. So many unanswered questions. Wen I got home n saw d crowd, went straight 2 hug my mum.... She kept saying...... "Pls let The Lord take me and let my daughter live"........ Jiro Orere u touched so many lives n I am grateful to The Lord dat we came from d same womb, with tears n smiles I say rest in peace till we meet again
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Larrylarex(m): 1:18pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ujujoan:

wow . . . that must have been very traumatic for you! sad

Mine was my DAD . . . he was laid to rest on my birthday, 6th oct (eight years tomorrow)!

I still feel raw pain when I think about him . . . sad sad
Like you, I also lost my Dad on 6th October, 2012... It was very very painful, cos he was my best friend(no gainsaying here). And as a tribute to him one year after(today) I dedicated a poem to him, It's right now in the family section titled: An Elegy To My Dad
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Glocee(f): 1:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mine was my only elder sibling ( my lovely sister ). She came home ds January with her second baby. On d 9th of d same month i left for my PPA cos my clearance . She left after some days ,promising to be home ds Christmas for our family thanksgiving . The last time we spoke on phone was on d 16th of February 2013 when she told hw prepared she was for d birthday (19th ). It really hurts dat my sis did nt live to mark it. She slumped on d 17th being Sunday ,after bathing her baby n passed on d 18th . I still find it hard to admit dat u r no more , Adannem .
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by emmabest2000(m): 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ngenge: The most painful death of a loved one I have experienced hapened in august 2008.He is my aunt's husband,an orthopaedic consultant with federal medical centre Owerri,acting HOD in department of Protesis & Orthopaedic tech(FUTO), Surgeon to many private clinics in Owerri & Port harcourt. He slumped and died while walking to his office after going for ward round for his patients. Aged 51. A man of little words but brave in action. I couldn't cry when I heard the news cos in my wildest imagination,he is not suppose to die even in d next 30 years. Medical science,finance nd gentility would have saved him but they couldn't. Chai,may d soul of Dr.R.N. Ikechukwu rest with his creator. What's your own most painful death of a loved one?
May the souls of all the faithful that departed through the mercy of God Almighty rest in perfect peace
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by kaykomo: 1:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
otijah: bros I sympathize with u, but ur english is something else, soo disastrous
Ur own English is not perfect, how can you begin English in small letter.

5 Likes

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by kemtol(f): 2:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mine was d death of my loving and caring husband. 29th of march 2010 was a day I would never forget which happened to be my 29th birthday. The wond is still fresh. He died following a 3day sickness at age 34 Ife, I love you but your creator loves u more. Rest in d bosom of our lord. Your son Ayomide misses u.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by AbuDhabiGroup(m): 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Caracta: The death of my friend in 2011. She complained of sore throat, i told her to go get warm water. She stood up to go into the kitchen, slumped and died right in front of the door.
Damn ! That is crazy, it is as horrible as watching a video of how Boko Haram, behead their victims. Damnnnnnnnnn !!!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by shawrygal(f): 2:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
Funpeter: So many story if you say yours is worst wait until u hear others story. May the God lord comfort us
me lost my Dad in 1993 returning from Abuja after the parade and my brother 2001 December few days to xmas we love you but God love most. May God protect us that are remaining
Amen
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by sophy2g(f): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
So sorry for your lost dear but dat is so common of Drs mostly when they know they are good,they just acept evey offer given to them to practise or to consult without taking their own healt into considerations.you will agree with me dat these Dr have little or know time to rest their brains all in d name of making more money. I work in a Federal hospital an if these issues is not promptly addressed,we will sure have more issues like these in no distant time to come.
Ngenge: The most painful death of a loved one I have experienced hapened in august 2008.He is my aunt's husband,an orthopaedic consultant with federal medical centre Owerri,acting HOD in department of Protesis & Orthopaedic tech(FUTO), Surgeon to many private clinics in Owerri & Port harcourt. He slumped and died while walking to his office after going for ward round for his patients. Aged 51. A man of little words but brave in action. I couldn't cry when I heard the news cos in my wildest imagination,he is not suppose to die even in d next 30 years. Medical science,finance nd gentility would have saved him but they couldn't. Chai,may d soul of Dr.R.N. Ikechukwu rest with his creator. What's your own most painful death of a loved one?
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by sophy2g(f): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
So sorry for your lost dear but dat is so common of Drs mostly when they know they are good,they just acept evey offer given to them to practise or to consult without taking their own healt into considerations.you will agree with me dat these Dr have little or know time to rest their brains all in d name of making more money. I work in a Federal hospital an if these issues is not promptly addressed,we will sure have more issues like these in no distant time to come.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by sophy2g(f): 2:51pm On Oct 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
peppy luv: Been going through this thread and holding back tears but you finally forced it out..... cry cry
My lost loved ones even those I never knew including the Aluu 4! Continue to rest in peace cry

Amen

Tears streaming down my Face...
Many Of these deaths are Avoidable...
When anybody wants to travel..
I just cling to myself n keep praying..
God keep them..

I would be travelling soon back to Lagos from Owerri..

But After the plane Crash...
Plus the comments here on Bus Crashes
Nna ehn!!!

I swear 'm so scared
Which is safe ??
God keep Us..

This thread reminds Us that we are Still Humans..
Cherish every moment n b good so whenever u meet ur Creator u wouldn't av any Shortcomings..

May the ALUU 4 RIP too
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Lakayanah: 3:01pm On Oct 06, 2013
I had a baby 13years after my last baby the baby came with the loop in his hands prematurely I stayed in the hospital for 3months. All was well until 3weeks to his 1st birthday he fell ill for just 3days and died the last thing he said was mama.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by cnsprince(m): 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2013
I lost my room mate and best friend, Victor Unugo Eleh, which sad event occurred via a ghastly motor accident while he was coming back from Adoration Crusade. He was to leave for NYCS Orientation camp that same day. It left me devastated.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Slimcurtis1(m): 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
i know you've reached a better place,and i will give the whole world to see your face again.everyday life is like, 'i wish i'd talk talk to you for a while', 'i wish i'd find a way not to cry as time goes by'.is really hard to say goodbye and i will neva say that to you..lost my twin bro last year.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by floxyjerry70: 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
the death of my husband after 2 years and six month of marriage may his soul rest in peace
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Akukaria: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
lost ma uncle last 2yrs. He died of kidney issues. His death left me n shock. He was bigger than life, so vivacious and outgoing.
MGBOO ReturnIfPossible.....#always at heart#
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by olymurphy(f): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
I lost my 2nd daughter on 8th of july dis year. Whenever I rmb her i always cry
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by kkkap: 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
mine was when I lost my darling wife during child delivery. feb 25 2011. the baby survived but loosing her was unthinkable cos she was a very strong, brave and loving woman. she left me with 4 loving kids. but looking after them has been very demanding. God will continue to shower you with mercy wherever you are. RIP Ayotunde salau olayiwola
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nwajiogeri(f): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
Death of grandma,father n fathers sister within the space of 6months. Its was bad seriously.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by opeyemi2012(m): 4:09pm On Oct 06, 2013
Life is indeed a journey!!!

Lost my dad on October 3 2010. He was healthy when I left him to collect my statement of result in Maiduguri. I had just collected my statement of result and couldn't wait to travel back home to see how proud of me my dad would be. But I received a call that he died from prostrate enlargement complication. The worst part was nobody told me my dad was due for a surgery, he had the surgery and it became complicated. When I heard of his death, I tried to make withdrawals and board the next flight that leaves maiduguri in the afternoon, bt due to some network ish at the bank, I missed the flight by few minutes. So I had to opt for road travel. I didn't see my dad till he was buried according to muslim rites. I am a christian and tried to persuade my dad's family to please let me see my dad once again before burying him but I wasn't given that opportunity. At some point, I felt like shredding my statement of result. I wanted to buy my dad an SUV (he loved SUVs) but I didn't have the opportunity to. I prayed endlessly to see him in my dreams or for him to appear to me for a conversation, but it never happened!

My dad really went through a lot to offer us the best. He was such a fine gentle man and a role model to many. I hope to start a foundation in his name, through which lives will be touched positively. That was his penchant. He loved helping people. I know he'll be happy at how hard I work to become the person he wanted me to be. I miss him so much!

2011, Wumi died from food poisoning, she was like a sister!......Suleiman died from stomach pains..........Shadow died in auto crash while travelling to orientation camp in Kaduna......mai' Swagger died july this year! All these ppl were dear to me. How I miss them!

All these taught me to be more simple in my approach to life. I try to be at peace with every1 cos the person U quarrel with today might be gone 2moro or vice versa.

God is still God!

3 Likes

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by gracy83: 4:11pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mine was the death of my elder brother who passed away on 4th May,2013. Up till date I can't really believe he is gone.
But I believe that time is the greatest healer and I will overcome. This great loss
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Ogojohn(m): 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
The death of my twin brother on 5th of May 2007. He died on a plane crash at Cameroon. I still wake up with a start crying in my dream on to realize that I was actually crying out loud even though I was asleep. it was really a dream and a night mare I have not getting over of.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by whitedove(m): 4:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
The most painful death is my late wife's ;believe me i have not recovered since 2011! Sun re Tolani.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by lolaxavier(m): 4:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Texykool:

Seems I know your bro. Grad from FUTA, right?

yes, he graduated from Futa.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
scobaba: Castro....his mum promised to give us(his friends) job in good firms if we helped him keep his cool thru school, we tried, but Castro was way too rugged for the entire military force in enugu 2 handle. he was beheaded by rival frat in 2004.
Mum.......died same day I did Best man for my hommie Stanley Ibekwe 2yrs ago.

Ise idongesit, my colleague whom I told to join a friend's car for my flatmate(colleague also) to join mine after my Branch Manager's Bday party 30th June 2008...dat friend( vwede) crashed his car and Ise died on the spot.

2yrs later...2010, dat vwede, got shot severally on his way back from club and died on the spot.( heard it was frat related also).

My classmate, hoodmate, colleague and bestie, Don Clet, crashed his car @ chevron round about and died on the spot. 1 year and 6 months after I'm still angry with Julian for showing me pix of clet's mangled corpse.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God rest in peace...amen.

same Chevron roundabout I (and my wife) drive everyday? Now, making me fearful.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by lolaxavier(m): 5:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
lolaxavier: Just like yesterday. I lost Bayowa, my younger brother, our last born. He travelled home on a saturday to pick up his secondary school credential as part of what he is to tender at KPMG after passing their test and first interview. He complained of headache when he got home and my mum and dad took him to a hospital and he was attended to.
My parent came back from church on Sunday and he asked my mum for a cup of tea. He drank it and vomitted. My dad took him to the bathroom and from there, he slumped. Rushed to the hospital, there was no response from him. His heart kept beating but no tiny, single response from him. My elder brother, a doctor at UCH Ibadan, rushed down that same day to Ondo state and got an ambulance which was used to convey him to UCH. At 1:00 am in the morning of Sunday, they got to UCH and was immediately placed on life support machine in their Intensive care unit.
With my mum, dad and siblings all present, all making journey down to Ibadan from our various destinations, we kept hoping and praying. Well, believe me, the eyes that Bayowa closed from the bathroom was the last. He never opened those eyes. Bayowa passed away about 2.30am on the following Tuesday, barely 13 days after his birthday. He died right in my presence. This memory has stuck with everyone and truly, his demise has shattered a lot.
CT scan done before he died revealed that he has bled seriously into the ventricles in his brain and that all the time he was complaining of headache, he was already bleeding seriously in his brain. At the end he was diagnosed to have leukaemia (a form of cancer of the blood). No visible signs or symptoms.
This happened on May 2, 2012, barely three months after finishing NYSC. He studied Elect Elect from FUTA.
Bayowa, I miss you, we all miss you. The exit of a genius. He was 24 years old.

I miss you Bayowa. I can't believe you are gone. Dad still shed tears yesterday when we talked about you. It's an everyday pain...So fresh in the memory...

1 Like

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Don1Dee(m): 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
What is d essence of life then? A high percentage of death through road accident, d Nigeria Govt should help its populace. So afraid of my next trip!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by efilefun(m): 5:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Wow not sure I have ever read anything online that made me this sober.... Really touching reading just the first page of this thread, not sure I can continue without shedding some tears, it actually made the death of my friends and grandma look fresh.
Continue to rest in peace AJIRI, BRIGHT, IDRIS, ALHAJA OLABIYI and all others mentioned on this thread may God almighty forgive ur sins while u were alive....... And those of us alive may we live long in good faith, good health and wealth. #amen

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Ladies Stop Marrying Men That Are Not Already Rich / Nigerian Woman Recreates Her Mother's Photo With Her Own Daughter / Woman Delivers Four-Year-Old Pregnancy In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.