Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,592 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had (34757 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / At What Point, After Losing A Loved One In Death, Do You Delete Their Number? / Is Childbirth Really The Most Painful Thing Or Is It Exaggerated? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Rooneyboy(m): 7:31am On Oct 06, 2013
ritux:

I so much miss Dr J. One of the most passionate Arsenal fan I knew. We went to Uniben together, stayed in same hostel. I miss him. So gentle, soft spoken, handsome and quiet. RIP Jamo

u also knew Dr J

Really, its a small world .
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by pickabeau1: 7:32am On Oct 06, 2013
My condolences
How is your mum now

portablechizzy: Mine is so so painful lost the four men in the house my Dad and three brothers same day in a motor accident when they were traveling to the village still remember my Mom almost jump into the well then she was heavily pregnat with our last child
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Ferdinandu(m): 7:43am On Oct 06, 2013
When People used to talk or Pray about people going to sleep and never waking,I always feel like "I am healthy and went to sleep so why won't I wake" until exactly one year today my immediate senior brother went to sleep healthy and never woke.It was a real back day in my life.you left so early Austine but we will never forget you as we mark a year of your departure cry cry cry
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by ojigbijigbi: 7:52am On Oct 06, 2013
my dad died 25th match 2013....before then death was some far acquaintance but on that early morn it became a real tragic acquaintance, he died amidst pain and hurt, helpless and in a state of extreme solitude of the mind...I was there all through the period with him in d hospital....he died in the very early hours of d day just a few minutes before I drifted into sleep just to wake him up in the morning for me to check his blood sugar(he was diabetic & in a general hospital) it was hard to accept that he died just after we talked and before I drifted off....d most PAINFUL part was that when we talked in that early morn he accused me of carelessness....guess his life might have flashed before his very eyes... he his survived by myself and three other of my siblings our last born in ss3 now.... that man even while alive we quarrel often yet It was always at d back of my mind I always know he his d best dad I can ever get.....I love u Dad and right there where u are im sure we'll meet if possible...he never gave up on despite d fact that I consider myself a failure to him....
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by pappy4real(m): 7:56am On Oct 06, 2013
My immediate younger brother. Olamilekan ogunbowale. Drowned in ogun river on 14th march 2012 @ age 25. The pain is inexpressible. We loved him wt our lives. Rip bro
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by chanita: 7:57am On Oct 06, 2013
My Dad!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by mdshow01: 8:00am On Oct 06, 2013
Death of my gal friend on 30th december, 2007 tru accident along abuja road. its so painful dat left vacuum in my h@. I missed ha so much, may almighty God 4give ha sin n grant ha aljannah firdouse!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by pickabeau1: 8:06am On Oct 06, 2013
bongila: My big cousin 12th December 2007 after two weeks of severe stomach pains nothing could stop. My dad 27th December 2006 complications due to diabetes.
My best friend,Clara electrocuted 22nd June 2004 while ironing. My mum's elder sister stomach ulcer complications just a day after she was diagnosed still in the hospital.

My father-in-law 21st July 2013 still undergoing treatment for prostate cancer,spoke with him dat morning before leaving for church,only for my husband to call that he gave up immediately after talking to me.

I'm at this point where so many deaths have numbed me. Lest I forget,my mum's elder brother his corpse still awaiting burial.

May God grant you the fortitude n comfort you
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Rooneyboy(m): 8:12am On Oct 06, 2013
Rawdeal: This is a horrible thread. R.I.P Zukkie. Died 11/11/11. i'll blame myself forever. I still think of you everyday Zukks. God bless your gentle soul

Indeed, u really knew him, Zukkie was the name he loved.

....... I miss this bro like crazy.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by yinkeys(m): 8:17am On Oct 06, 2013
Sleepingbeauty: My dad a couple of months ago, i talked to him the day before because i was in school,,and the next day i was told to come home that my dad was sick,,i came and he was already buried according to islamic rites...anyway R.I.P DAD
Am really sorry; may God make this life easy for u dear. By Gods grace good things will come your way
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Rooneyboy(m): 8:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Rawdeal: This is a horrible thread. R.I.P Zukkie. Died 11/11/11. i'll blame myself forever. I still think of you everyday Zukks. God bless your gentle soul

y
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Funpeter: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2013
Seems you know many people
Rooneyboy:

Rooneyboy:

u also knew Dr J

Really, its a small world .
Rooneyboy:

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by SwTonia(f): 8:29am On Oct 06, 2013
Lost my elder sister last month.May her soul rest in peace
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by leonshom(m): 8:36am On Oct 06, 2013
embarassedSo sorry bout dat ! Saddening !
Caracta: The death of my friend in 2011. She complained of sore throat, i told her to go get warm water. She stood up to go into the kitchen, slumped and died right in front of the door.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2013
Demise of ma Gf earlier this year.

One reason why i might not love again.

Lord keep Maria-Goretti safe. cry
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by lolaxavier(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2013
Just like yesterday. I lost Bayowa, my younger brother, our last born. He travelled home on a saturday to pick up his secondary school credential as part of what he is to tender at KPMG after passing their test and first interview. He complained of headache when he got home and my mum and dad took him to a hospital and he was attended to.
My parent came back from church on Sunday and he asked my mum for a cup of tea. He drank it and vomitted. My dad took him to the bathroom and from there, he slumped. Rushed to the hospital, there was no response from him. His heart kept beating but no tiny, single response from him. My elder brother, a doctor at UCH Ibadan, rushed down that same day to Ondo state and got an ambulance which was used to convey him to UCH. At 1:00 am in the morning of Sunday, they got to UCH and was immediately placed on life support machine in their Intensive care unit.
With my mum, dad and siblings all present, all making journey down to Ibadan from our various destinations, we kept hoping and praying. Well, believe me, the eyes that Bayowa closed from the bathroom was the last. He never opened those eyes. Bayowa passed away about 2.30am on the following Tuesday, barely 13 days after his birthday. He died right in my presence. This memory has stuck with everyone and truly, his demise has shattered a lot.
CT scan done before he died revealed that he has bled seriously into the ventricles in his brain and that all the time he was complaining of headache, he was already bleeding seriously in his brain. At the end he was diagnosed to have leukaemia (a form of cancer of the blood). No visible signs or symptoms.
This happened on May 2, 2012, barely three months after finishing NYSC. He studied Elect Elect from FUTA.
Bayowa, I miss you, we all miss you. The exit of a genius. He was 24 years old.

3 Likes

Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Mexzy88(m): 8:51am On Oct 06, 2013
Lost my dad on the 5th of last month..so so painfull.. RIP Sir Eric
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Lbrasi: 8:51am On Oct 06, 2013
My dad.He died on July 8,2003.I was in school but he was sick and in the hospital.
They didnt tell me anything but he was full of life the last time we talked.
I remember vividly that I was so restless in class that day.My friend asked me what was wrong,I told him I ve never felt like that and I left for the hostel.When I got to the hostel it was still the same.
The next day my brother and my sister's driver came to pick me in school.I asked what was wrong and he told me dad wanted to see me.
When we got to the junction of our street he looked at me and said "popsy don die bro".I didnt know what to say but just went blank.it dawned on me when we got to the house and I saw people crying.
We all miss u.Rest on dad!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by bootlegaz: 8:55am On Oct 06, 2013
Very emotional thread.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by AceVentura: 9:01am On Oct 06, 2013
@ topic, I actually have 2.

1st happened 6yrs ago : my dad was shot while he was cruising his daughter's brand new car & he died 3days later. Twas so painful.

2nd happened 26days ago : my wife & I lost our identical twin baby boys 5months pre term (they would've been due in Dec.). This almost took my wife's life but I thank God.

For those that are still grieving, talk about it whenever the opportunity comes cos it helps.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by kristana(f): 9:01am On Oct 06, 2013
death of my grandma ds april. i.was heart broken...i saw her d week b4 she died very healthy... rip.yeye oni
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Meringe(m): 9:03am On Oct 06, 2013
lolaxavier: Just like yesterday. I lost Bayowa, my younger brother, our last born. He travelled home on a saturday to pick up his secondary school credential as part of what he is to tender at KPMG after passing their test and first interview. He complained of headache when he got home and my mum and dad took him to a hospital and he was attended to.
My parent came back from church on Sunday and he asked my mum for a cup of tea. He drank it and vomitted. My dad took him to the bathroom and from there, he slumped. Rushed to the hospital, there was no response from him. His heart kept beating but no tiny, single response from him. My elder brother, a doctor at UCH Ibadan, rushed down that same day to Ondo state and got an ambulance which was used to convey him to UCH. At 1:00 am in the morning of Sunday, they got to UCH and was immediately placed on life support machine in their Intensive care unit.
With my mum, dad and siblings all present, all making journey down to Ibadan from our various destinations, we kept hoping and praying. Well, believe me, the eyes that Bayowa closed from the bathroom was the last. He never opened those eyes. Bayowa passed away about 2.30am on the following Tuesday, barely 13 days after his birthday. He died right in my presence. This memory has stuck with everyone and truly, his demise has shattered a lot.
CT scan done before he died revealed that he has bled seriously into the ventricles in his brain and that all the time he was complaining of headache, he was already bleeding seriously in his brain. At the end he was diagnosed to have leukaemia (a form of cancer of the blood). No visible signs or symptoms.
This happened on May 2, 2012, barely three months after finishing NYSC. He studied Elect Elect from FUTA.
Bayowa, I miss you, we all miss you. The exit of a genius. He was 24 years old.
Take heart bro.

Feel like crying. Wht a lost of a promising young man.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 06, 2013
Rooneyboy:

y

Cos I was crying after reading the first page. Couldn't continue to the next. Brought back raw pain I thought. I was already accustomed to feeling
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 06, 2013
Ace Ventura: @ topic, I actually have 2.

1st happened 6yrs ago : my dad was shot while he was cruising his daughter's brand new car & he died 3days later. Twas so painful.

2nd happened 26days ago : my wife & I lost our identical twin baby boys 5months pre term (they would've been due in Dec.). This almost took my wife's life but I thank God.

For those that are still grieving, talk about it whenever the opportunity comes cos it helps.

My condolences Ventura.

You're definitely a strong man to have weathered those torrent storms.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Ebifeb: 9:12am On Oct 06, 2013
I lost my dad 3months ago on d 2nd of july to be precise..he left 4 work on monday to enugu as usual and he died on a tuesday..no sickness, he just slumped n died, do people die like that? 1month after he returned from canada where he attended his first son's convocation.. My dad was full of life he was just 54 and dead took him away from us. I'm looking at his pix as I write this, he is my hero..I miss u and I love u daddy. God knows best.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by bootlegaz: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2013
I read so.many comments on here and I will say, honestly in a civilized world 98 percent of the cases could be averted. I lost a dear friend a year after I relocated back to states. He died of gun shot and from what I heard it was a mistaken identity. ..RIP a falling Lion *tome*
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 06, 2013
It happened in may 6, 2006 that was when I lost my loving and caring dad
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Biggyd2: 9:16am On Oct 06, 2013
What a cold thread! I am alReady too drained to put down my experience. As sad as it may be, the thread has confirmed to many that 'you are not alone'. And others would get some healing from this. I have come to realise that God and maybe time ease the pain. May we remember to keep in touch with people we love. Peace!
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2013
Its glaring clear, i've never felt this way online - this thread is a magic.

Skimming through the pages, reading the stories on here and casting a whole lot of retrospect to when i lost the only joy i knew - this thread is a magic cry
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Meringe(m): 9:21am On Oct 06, 2013
I open this thread. www.nairaland.com/1467272/what-stay-alive cos so many death here are avoidable.
We can learn from eachother on how to avoid some certain death from our experience of losing a loved one.

Give your advise, some might learn from it.

Thanks.
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by Amberkamsi: 9:24am On Oct 06, 2013
Death of my mum on 25 December 2001,it was so painful nd i wondered y she died on dec 25,d day everyone was happy about and i had no one else to call mum again
Re: Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had by nwaiwuanthony(m): 9:33am On Oct 06, 2013
The death of my father Mr Godwin Ekpewerechi Nwaiwu,he has been on my mind since his departure on 28th March, 2013. May his gentle soul rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Mother And Child Die After Falling Into A Well In Adamawa (Disturbing Photo) / How I Shared Christmas Money Between My Parents And Inlaw / I Suspect My Mom Is Cheating, Help Me!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.