Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,359 members, 7,815,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Awka: Anambra's Capital - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka: Anambra's Capital (24525 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen In Awka Town / Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures / Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Noneroone(m): 9:33am On Oct 06, 2013
APGA puga apuga...
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 9:34am On Oct 06, 2013
For Oringo people, this is a club own by a Camerounian born Nollywood actor in my hood @ Iyi-Agu estates..

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 9:38am On Oct 06, 2013
Obi through ANIDS is affecting all the sectors and not only painting and planting of flowers. Here are over 500 security vans for the Police and AVS.

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 9:43am On Oct 06, 2013
In education, Obi has bought over 600 buses for all the schools in Anambra

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2013
In health, Obi has bought over 400 factory fitted ambulances for hospitals in Anambra

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 9:52am On Oct 06, 2013
Development should be all inclusive. I keep saying it, if you want to assess the level development in any state start from the rural areas and assess all the sectors of the state and not just the cosmestic measures some govs does in order to deceive the gullible readers.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 9:58am On Oct 06, 2013
This is one of the schools in the rural areas, this is what Obi did to it..

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by spade: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2013
bushwailo: Chineke grin grin grin
See desperation, so u have resorted to posting pictures of people's houses. cheesy
One house for that matter. grin cheesy

I swear my village is better that Awka. grin grin grin
We even have better houses.

Look at the embarrassment even here on nairaland
Even your fellow Igbos are laughing at you grin grin grin
I know you are trying to hide you shame but you don't have to grin

Ndi Anambra please vote wisely.

I swear, that is so embarrassing.

Posting pictures of people's houses (conveniently cropping out the access roads) and calling that development.

Make im post urban core for us to see naa, and I promise you, you no go chop anything like akamu for a while. Disgusting is an understatement.

I was recently invited to a function at one of the hotels opposite a cathedral adjacent to one of the markets at Awka. I was in Uyo at the time, so the driving went something like this: Uyo-Aba-Owerri-Orlu-Ekwulobia-Awka.
And I swear to you, the second we got to Ekwulobia? Come and see narrow roads, dirty free-roaming bingo dogs, and potholes all over the place.
When we finally got to Awka kwanu? Okwu ebigonu! Open sewage systems and open gutters reeking of rotten eggs and mosquitoes swarming all over them, battered and half-crumbled road demarcators, ugly derelict houses with very questionable architecture (in short, na death trap I go call am), not a single tree in sight to atleast aid the environment, stagnant air reeking of fumes from rotten 50-year old car engines, the roads are unmarked, no single pedestrian sidewalks anywhere.

In short, if you think I'm ffuucking lying, visit the city village urinal yourself.

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 10:08am On Oct 06, 2013
More on rural schools. All the rural schools are all using computers and internet connectivity for their studies.

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 10:14am On Oct 06, 2013
Due to massive investment in education, Anambra has been coming tops in WAEC, NECO, JAMB, Unity Schools.

Obi has not restricted development to painting and planting flowers only in the urban centers. All sectors are benefiting at the same time.

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Good effort by Obi, but F9(Fail) for imposing a candidate on Anambarians.

Oya chino come and fight.I am ready for you this morning. tongue
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Proxytalk: 10:23am On Oct 06, 2013
bushwailo: shocked shocked shocked
embarassed embarassed embarassed

Look at my state capital.
Look at the poor quality project.
The whole place looking like a village.

Obi/APGA and his supporters are all shameless pigs.
Now is trying to install another village clown as governor.

You hipocrite, post pics of where u are now. fyi ngige ill not win anambra governor again. what did he do in awka? cos he only worked in idemiri lgs. I no blame u cos only place u know in awka is unizik junct.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 10:25am On Oct 06, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: Good effort by Obi, but F9(Fail) for imposing a candidate on Anambarians.

Oya chino come and fight.I am ready for you this morning. tongue

My dearie ..its not fight but its a matter of continuity. grin

If another person goes in there he may decide to abandon all the ongoing projects and starts his own. I trust that Ngige will spoil everything Obi has laid because of his desperation..
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 10:27am On Oct 06, 2013
I want you all to note that despite all these works going on, Obi has not borrowed a dime. Under Obi Anambra became the least indebted state in Nigeria..
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Afam4eva(m): 10:28am On Oct 06, 2013
I thought this thread was created to show the streets of Awka. All i see are pictures of people's houses, hotels and projects even from outside Awka. I have only seen 3 photos of Awka on this thread.

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: I want you all to note that despite all these works going on, Obi has not borrowed a dime. Under Obi Anambra became the least indebted state in Nigeria..
which works? lwkm. grin grin grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Zonacom(m): 11:58am On Oct 06, 2013
INNO18: Guy, i learnt you guys are resuming on the 14th, is that true?
I dont actually know. The school is kinda confused now. Some lecturers are on strike while others are not.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 12:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
Zona.com:

I dont actually know. The school is kinda confused now. Some lecturers are on strike while others are not.

But UNIZIK have never been a member of ASUU? What is going on..
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
What is this dance step by these jolly jolly women call? tongue undecided

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 12:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1345030_1381471_577803842283932_1171152931_n_jpgf2f17089fba821f76d9ca19b83e3e93d

Chino, there's really no difference between this and before, I would expect the grass to be landscaped or best scenario concrete. The building isn't really that eye catching, still looks dull though, even if it's one floor, build something decent. Nna, this one isn't development at all.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Don't they incorporate landscaping into civil construction contracts in Anambra.....?

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Ayekotoo(m): 12:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back:

But UNIZIK have never been a member of ASUU? What is going on..

I don't know why you are comfortable with these kind of development in 21st century when the world is moving at the speed of usain bolt leaving you lots behind with a very huge margin. so you expect MR. Obi not to do anything at all despite receiving money from Abuja? All what you have shared are normal things that all governors in Nigeria have done. we want you to show us innovative and creative things he did or doing that make him better than a few leaders. If you can't show us, you deserve the kind of governor you have.

2 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 12:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
@Manny

I understand your point, mind you these are rural schools. Compare to what you get from rural schools from other states, then you call the result.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 12:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
ogugua88:

Nna, did you see the building that had EMERGENCY on it? I'm hoping it's for emergency laptop and phone repair. That dare not be a hospital. cry

A lot of work needs to be done, starting with sewage like aforementioned.

I noticed the same thing but I thought it was a wrong sign grin grin grin

Our leaders need to pay attention to minute details like this, this is the effect of local "ashikota ekweonu" contractors. No sane contractor will put an emergency directly to the main road without proper dedicated road access.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Ayekotoo(m): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1345030_1381471_577803842283932_1171152931_n_jpgf2f17089fba821f76d9ca19b83e3e93d

Chino, there's really no difference between this and before, I would expect the grass to be landscaped or best scenario concrete. The building isn't really that eye catching, still looks dull though, even if it's one floor, build something decent. Nna, this one isn't development at all.

Tell him pls. This guy must be a paid agent. eating from the remnants of Mr. Obi's food. what kind of development are these in this age? pathetic

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by oboy3(m): 12:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
i thought the thread was about peter obi's achievements in awka,why are there pics of people's houses there?anybody who sees these as acheivements needs to see his doctor urgently

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy: Don't they incorporate landscaping into civil construction contracts in Anambra.....?

By the time they finish all the rural schools and its landscaping will look like this..

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 12:42pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: @Manny

I understand your point, mind you these are rural schools. Compare to what you get from rural schools from other states, then you call the result.

Bros, I feel you but IMO, let's leave other states and focus on our, if I were Obi, there are very simple designs like the one below that makes a building unique. How can you say you renovated a building, yet no difference? embarassed embarassed

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Ayekotoo(m): 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: @Manny

Just shut up! even if others have this, must your leaders also do it? these are embarrassing, disgusting, eyesore and total rubbish
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChinoIsBack: 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
Okay, manny what do you make of this design in Awka?

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
ilugunboy: What is this dance step by these jolly jolly women call? tongue undecided

Improve your English first undecided

3 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 12:46pm On Oct 06, 2013
I seriously have to be in govt to cause change for my people starting from Nnewi.. grin grin grin grin

Chino I'm sorry but these buildings are not up to par, if this is achievement, then he got it all wrong. I'd rather have 10 school with modernity to it than to have 20 of them still in the old century.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Governor Ortom And His Convoy Transported In A Canoe In Benue State. Photos / Femi Adesina: There Would’ve Been No Nigeria Again If Buhari Didn’t Win In 2015 / Buhari Has Turned Governance To Nollywood —fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.