Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Awka: Anambra's Capital - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka: Anambra's Capital (24545 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen In Awka Town / Flood After Rain In Awka Anambra State Capital-pictures / Bomb Scare In Awka, Anambra State According To STV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Manny see what Obi did with CKC Onitsha..

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by SterlingTowers(m): 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
nnenna.1:

Then get to work on this thread at least. The pictures here are so not it at all. undecided

The guy has gotten h is knickers in a very bad twist. We will wait patiently for him to extricate himself.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

I disagree with you mate. Infrastructures and aesthetics are secondary. Manpower is the basics.

Meanwhile you haven't answered my question as to why kids who study in these archaic structures have to score 139/200 to gain admission in the same exam where pupils from states with more aesthetically appealing buildings and structures have to score significantly lower to gain admission.

First point: Infrastructure and aesthetics are secondary? We get what we paid for, so a child is psychologically able to perform better in terrible learning environment that his counterpart in a clean, well maintained environment? Obviously you off all people do not know that the education environment has a psyche effect on learning... Okay o, if you say so. We cannot argue this

Second point: Provide me proof of the otherwise then I can't tell you the reason why because if I were to provide you mine, students learning in a well clean, infrastructural environment do way more better than their counterparts in the hood. So to answer your question, I don't know... The system of exam and acceptance to higher learning is different. It has no bearing on the aesthetics, my point has always been, students who learn in a decent, clean, modern facility score higher because it has it's mental effects.

Like me, I can't learn in a dirty environment regardless of how best my teacher is, it will distort my learning so will the effect be on the teacher. No matter how good a teacher is, if you subject them to low quality environment, you get what you pay for. Now you reason why students in Nigeria can't seem to get it right, but when they cross the shores of Nigeria, they excel. Ask yourself that question.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
See what Obi is doing @ DMGS

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
@Chino..,Thanks for the pictures. Never mind those who are trying to diminish the whollistic development of Peter Obi in the last 7 years. We know what Anambra was like Pre-Peter Obi era and what it is now. Things can only get better from now onwards.

I only pity those who compare Peter Obi and Chime. Chime did very well in road construction mostly in the city centre but outside that, his performance in all others sectors is very poor or zero. For instance, basic public schools in Enugu are decayed. The govt has done nothing about job creation, industralization, human capital development, etc. Even in the area of health, the performance is poor. Frankly speaking, I'm not impressed with Chime. For me, road construction is good but not enough.

3 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by FreeGlobe(f): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Chino..,Thanks for the pictures. Never mind those who are trying to diminish the whollistic development of Peter Obi in the last 7 years. We know what Anambra was like Pre-Peter Obi era and what it is now. Things can only get better from now onwards.

I only pity those who compare Peter Obi and Chime. Chime did very well in road construction mostly in the city centre but outside that, his performance in all others sectors is very poor or zero. Public education for instance is dead in Enugu. The govt has done nothing about job creation, industralization, human capital development, etc. Even in the area of health, the performance is poor. Frankly speaking, I'm not impressed with Chime. For me, road construction is good but not enough.
you are a god forsaken liar. The same Chime that won best education governor by NUT few days ago? You can't compare Chime and Peter Obi in any angle, while Chime is one of best governors in Nigeria, Peter Obi is the opposite. How can you claim to live in Enugu and type the nonsense above. Get a life!

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by shineeye: 4:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer: See what Obi is doing @ DMGS
WOW DMGS is looking new,not bad for a school built in 1925 before the second world war cheesy

old DMGS and new DMGS

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by agadez007(m): 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
oh anambra my anambra,when will you get better?

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ChimaAdeoye: 4:37pm On Oct 06, 2013

Please make the pictures bigger, so that we can make out something from it.

If its tiny,it looks just the same as the older pictures.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Abagworo(m): 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: @Chino..,Thanks for the pictures. Never mind those who are trying to diminish the whollistic development of Peter Obi in the last 7 years. We know what Anambra was like Pre-Peter Obi era and what it is now. Things can only get better from now onwards.

I only pity those who compare Peter Obi and Chime. Chime did very well in road construction mostly in the city centre but outside that, his performance in all others sectors is very poor or zero. For instance, basic public schools in Enugu are decayed. The govt has done nothing about job creation, industralization, human capital development, etc. Even in the area of health, the performance is poor. Frankly speaking, I'm not impressed with Chime. For me, road construction is good but not enough.

Political bigotry at its peak. Industrialization in what sense are you talking about? And 2ndly which job did Obi create and which industry did he build? Obi has changed nothing in Anambra. Nnewi is still as it was, Onitsha is still Onitsha Awka is still Awka and any new developments remains mostly self-help from successful merchants or civil servants based outside the State.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chima_Adeoye:

Please make the pictures bigger.

I had to compress it, as it is above 200kb
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 4:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
Abagworo:

Political bigotry at its peak. Industrialization in what sense are you talking about? And 2ndly which job did Obi create and which industry did he build? Obi has changed nothing in Anambra. Nnewi is still as it was, Onitsha is still Onitsha Awka is still Awka and any new developments remains mostly self-help from successful merchants or civil servants based outside the State.

Nwokem, what moral ground do you have when your home state is worse off? On what basis do you make your own judgement, when it is on record that okorosha in imo state has borrowed over 70billion without nothing on the ground to show for it except that he painted some shabby roads in Owerri.

It is on record that outside civil servants there is nothing else happening in Imo state. Apart from what you called 'roads' in Owerri other LGAs has become shadows of itself without motorable roads.

Most of your your youthful population are still residing outside of the state. It is a known fact that 1/3 of Imo state population are living in Anambra particularly Onitsha.

So stop talking when you know that okorosha is the worst thing to happen imo state.

3 Likes

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by ikeyman00(m): 4:54pm On Oct 06, 2013
@@@

That fact Oga Chime did roads that will last for years i think that should be commended and respected.

On the other hand Oga Obi isnt as bad as wat people depict to be; Anambra used to be ran by hooligans. Obi bring civility to the town

So if oga Obi build a km of road then we would expect some quality cuz i sure there are lot of improvement needed.

Imagine listening to oduduwa man claiming the reason Lagos road never last is the population of lagos forgetting the amount of truck that ply inter Euro truck A road
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 5:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
What else we got to see?

Abeg leave all this long talk, I want more pictures? Anyone from Nnewi? grin grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by fyneguy: 5:03pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why do the schools look like modern shrines?

1 Like

Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer:

Nwokem, what moral ground do you have when your home state is worse off? On what basis do you make your own judgement, when it is on record that okorosha in imo state has borrowed over 70billion without on the ground to show for it except that he painted some shabby road in Owerri.

It is on record that outside civil servants there is nothing else happening in Imo state. Apart from what you called 'roads' in Owerri other LGAs has become shadows of itself without motorable roads.

Most of your your youthful population are still residing outside of the state. It is a known fact that 1/3 of Imo state population are living in Anambra particularly Onitsha.

So stop talking when you know that okorosha is the worst thing to happen imo state.

Biko, I take God beg you, PLEASE leave Owerri out of this. Let him comment on Anambra if he wants, it's his mouth... To avert Anambra/Imo bantering of words. Biko, let's just leave it as it is...
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 5:05pm On Oct 06, 2013
fyneguy: Why do the schools look like modern shrines?

Chino, over to you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life:

Biko, I take God beg you, PLEASE leave Owerri out of this. Let him comment on Anambra if he wants, it's his mouth... To avert Anambra/Imo bantering of words. Biko, let's just leave it as it is...

His comments on anything Anambra often trigger what he seeks. How can sane person say that nothing has changed when on the other way round it is his state has remained largely underdeveloped.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by achi4u(m): 5:13pm On Oct 06, 2013

guy I use to respect u on this forum but this ur statement is too shallow with no substance.

please edit this shiit. Akwa never started. period!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Abagworo(m): 5:15pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer:

Nwokem, what moral ground do you have when your home state is worse off? On what basis do you make your own judgement, when it is on record that okorosha in imo state has borrowed over 70billion without on the ground to show for it except that he painted some shabby road in Owerri.

Imo State under Okorocha has changed miraculously in the past 2years as evident from at least Orlu city. Orlu was like Nnewi as at 2011 but today Orlu is moving towards Owerri looks with dualized roads, walkways and streetlights on most major roads in the city. It might not be completed but if you imagine how it will be in say 4 years time, you'll understand how Obi wasted 8years. The other issue is schools. Imo government is building 305 schools out of which over 100 is completed. Rural roads are also ongoing with many completed. That's the kind of change we want for all of Igboland and not lies and lies upon lies from you Obi's supporters. All of Igboland is experiencing industrialization and increased commerce because of oil boom but Government needs to invest in basic infrastructure as well as education, health and agriculture in order to have a sustainable growth even when oil prices drop.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 5:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer:

His comments on anything Anambra often trigger what he seeks. How can sane person say that nothing has changed when on the other way round it is his state has remained largely underdeveloped.

You sef should learn to be silent and ignore certain comments, and like I said, he's at will to say what he wants. That's the freedom of speech and expression, what he says may be right or e wrong, let him say it, because he said it doesn't make it a generally accepted opinion (at least that's what I tell people). You know how to put your automatic gear to "grin", learn to put yourself in check "Silent and Ignore". grin grin grin

Now do u have pics of Nnewi...?

How many times I gat to ask, anyone with pics of Nnewi? angry angry angry angry
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 5:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
Abagworo:

Imo State under Okorocha has changed miraculously in the past 2years as evident from at least Orlu city. Orlu was like Nnewi as at 2011 but today Orlu is moving towards Owerri looks with dualized roads, walkways and streetlights on most major roads in the city. It might not be completed but if you imagine how it will be in say 4 years time, you'll understand how Obi wasted 8years. The other issue is schools. Imo government is building 305 schools out of which over 100 is completed. Rural roads are also ongoing with many completed. That's the kind of change we want for all of Igboland and not lies and lies upon lies from you Obi's supporters. All of Igboland is experiencing industrialization and increased commerce because of oil boom but Government needs to invest in basic infrastructure as well as education, health and agriculture in order to have a sustainable growth even when oil prices drop.

Show us present state of orlu and owerri. All the roads okorosha started since 2011 has been abandoned. Contractors are not paid. Show us roads in rural imo state. Show us what okorosha is doing on health sector, show us what he doing on education, show us what he is doing on employment generation. All the roads okorosha painted were built by Mbakwe.

Lemme tell you imo state is still in the woods. Until they get an Obi they will remain stagnant as far as development is concern. Obi has touched all the sectors: education, health, urban/rural development, employment generation etc. Obi achieved all these without borrowing a dime, and the state remains the least indebted state in Nigeria. Can you beat that!

Open a thread and show us what okorosha achieved with the 70billion loan+federal allocation+13 derivation. Show us now!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 5:24pm On Oct 06, 2013
Abagworo I give you 20mins to open a thread and show us what okorosha achieved with the 70billion loan+federal allocation+13 derivation. On the expiration of that 20mins I will create a thread to that effect!
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by manny4life(m): 5:26pm On Oct 06, 2013
I swear, I don't know where you get the strength for this argument... grin grin grin
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2013
Chino, it will be better you tell us what motive is: APGA should be voted in the coming election; for we to debate whether or not they deserve to produce the next governor. Stop beating about the bush. Biko n ji chineke yo gi.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Ayekotoo(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2013
nnenna.1:
@Bestview/Chino,

Please can we get an area view of Awka...skyline, streets, people...something that makes you feel like you are looking at city-wide photos?

More importantly, can we do the same for Onitsha:

https://www.nairaland.com/1461765/pictures-onitsha

Come on now! undecided Pictures of single houses, school buildings, are NOT enough.

thank you very much. this is one thing we have been telling him instead defending the indefensible and making some embarrassing boasts
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2013

I'm not surprised, PDP and APGA are the same.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 5:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
manny4life: I swear, I don't know where you get the strength for this argument... grin grin grin

Strength? I have been bombarded with delicacies today..you can imagine.. cheesy
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Does Monkey Go to School?
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Ayekotoo(m): 5:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
bestviewer: Abagworo I give you 20mins to open a thread and show us what okorosha achieved with the 70billion loan+federal allocation+13 derivation. On the expiration of that 20mins I will create a thread to that effect!

have written this before. nobody should take you serious cos you are not different from Musiwa, FSU, Willywilly, freewilly, atouke,keleproten etc with no iota of truth and intelligence
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by Ayekotoo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Does Monkey Go to School?

can you imagine? showing shrines and calling them schools is pathetic.
Re: Awka: Anambra's Capital by bestviewer: 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
Ayekotoo:

have written this before. nobody should take you serious cos you are not different from Musiwa, FSU, Willywilly, freewilly, atouke,keleproten etc with no iota of truth and intelligence

Does it matter, if it has been written before? What matters is the answer to that is provided because it is pertinent questions for the poor people of the state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Cost Jonathan Power In The End / Purge Yourselves Of Corruption First Before Challenging APC - Ribadu To PDP / SSS Ejects Kayode Are From Home In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.