Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,024 members, 7,956,793 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) (17274 Views)

Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Last Victim Of Malaysia Bus-Crash Is A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by SterlingTowers(m): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2013
passion007:
To start with, what you have in quotes up there is Orisun editor's understanding of what the Minister said. She said accidents are an act of God (a phrase that refers to the occurrence of accidents despite preparedness) or a force majeure as Sterling pointed out, not that an accident is God's will (which is different and sounds crazy).

@Sterling:
I can't argue with that.
Her logic is skewed, no doubt.
The sequence makes it appear so.
It sounds safer that FG attempts to avoid accidents at all costs, yet recognizes their influence may not be completely effective aka that acts of God could topple their plans

I had to address Tolexander who is keen on making her appear insensitive.

Finally, we don't even have any evidence this accident was due to human error, so let's wait for the results of the inquiry before doling out blame.

Abyssus abyssum invocat.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by eagleeye2: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2013
"Accidents Do Not Happen To People Who Take Accidents As A Personal Insult".
-Mario Puzo, THE GODFATHER.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by vanstanzy(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2013
Tolexander:

Aviation Minister, Stella Odua, while addressing journalists regarding the withdrawal of Dana Airlines' operating license, described plane crashes as 'an act of God'.
“We do not pray for accidents but they are inevitable. But we will continue to do everything to ensure that we do not have accidents. But an accident is an act of God.

“Again, we do not speculate on the cause of accidents. Until they happen, you cannot say this is the cause or that is not the cause. But what is obvious and is the truth is that, in aviation, there are shared responsibilities, starting from the man that carries your luggage to the man that makes sure that your boarding pass is issued to you".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgJflD1nRXU&feature=player_embedded

Here we go again!!!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by vanstanzy(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2013
Tolexander:

Aviation Minister, Stella Odua, while addressing journalists regarding the withdrawal of Dana Airlines' operating license, described plane crashes as 'an act of God'.
“We do not pray for accidents but they are inevitable. But we will continue to do everything to ensure that we do not have accidents. But an accident is an act of God.

“Again, we do not speculate on the cause of accidents. Until they happen, you cannot say this is the cause or that is not the cause. But what is obvious and is the truth is that, in aviation, there are shared responsibilities, starting from the man that carries your luggage to the man that makes sure that your boarding pass is issued to you".

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Jakumo(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2013
True to form for Nigeria's fat, greedy and connected, this woman hopes to be offered cash bribes from officials of the airline running that crashed museum-piece of a passenger plane, so that blame for the "accident" can quickly be assigned to God, who may not be inclined to publicly refute those terrorist charges leveled at Him by the money-grubbing lady aviation minister.

A "High Powered" Panel of Enquiry will be set up at great expense by the enterprising minister, and the White Paper from that loot-sharing exercise will also blame God for all past and future air crashes. I suppose the Blame-God-Game does make sense in a demented sort of way, when you think about it. Putting myself in His shoes, and chilling up above the clouds in Heaven, I would also feel tempted to swat down the occasional passing airliner, just to protest the incessant noise they make up there. Its enough to drive a God crazy.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Pataki: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2013
Some months back, another Minister informed the world that epileptic power supply in Nigeria was as a result of witches flying at night in Nigeria.

Now another ill-bred Minister doles out another fresh air stewpeedity. We truly deserve the leaders we have in this country.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by godsI(m): 9:50am On Oct 08, 2013
If all power truely belongs to God then she is right.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by eagleeye2: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2013
Burger01:

Abeg who made this mofo a minister?
sad
Answer
the man who doesn't give a damn

5 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by kbdrim(m): 9:51am On Oct 08, 2013
I wonder why God would always choose Nigeria for his experiments in spite of the fact that we are so religious. . grin..in other climes what needs to be done gets done and nobody gets to point to God when disasters strike. When a plane crashes in Nigeria. .somebody just didn't do his work. .end of story..LEAVE GOD OUT OF THIS ACCIDENT BUSINESS

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by wellmax(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Terrorist attack......"it 's an act of God'
Air crash......."it 's an act of God"
Kidnapping..... .."it's an act of God"
Jailed for corruption..... ..."that's God's plan"
Hmmn.......Indeed, God must be a NIGERIAN
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by crackhaus: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Someone please tell this globe-trotting, red-lipstick wearing, weavon-haired, stuck-up woman that Airplane accidents are not an 'Act of God'. Does she even know the meaning?
Abeg go house go cook food jor!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by vanstanzy(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Tolexander:

SMH! My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Amhappy(f): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2013
Do not use the name of the Lord your God in vain
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nascimento(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2013
Tolexander:

She could have be wise if she had kept quiet. "is an act of God?" meaning God is the cause of all our suffering. This is insane
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by esbjaygmailco(m): 9:56am On Oct 08, 2013
Red-Light:
there we go again... put everything on God, & their inability to do the right thing

God love killing people in plane crashes and road accidents
put everything on God for ther incompetence.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by victorazy(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Burger01: Inevitable Air Accident, right? Well, not for me in Jesus name. As inevitable as it is then you and your family must have a portion of this inevitable air accidents. Can't imagine this is coming from a minister of Aviation. She should be more concerned about how to build a strong aviation system in Nigeria and thereby reducing the inevitability of air accidents. Who doesn't know that death is inevitable but must air accidents be inevitable I see a level of low competency and professional misconduct from this low ebb minister. Abeg who made this mofo a minister. She should be a minister in her kitchen cabinet.

sad

That's rude, arrogance, harsh to say.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by MrMac10(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Madam Stella No comment
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by esbjaygmailco(m): 9:59am On Oct 08, 2013
vanstanzy:

SMH! My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
you must have smoke something that is beyond your brain capacity. y are u wasting page for first to comment crew? mumu
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by solidman59(m): 10:00am On Oct 08, 2013
This woman is fucking clueless. Her statement shows that they are not ready to find out the cause of this crash. Even if they do, nobody will be held responsible. I pity this country, especially those of them in the political class cuz their evils will come haunting them soon. Rubbish!! If you don't know God why can't you just shut up?
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by donphilopus: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2013
I reserve my comment, I pray it shouln't occur to any of her family member, that's when she'd know it's an act of God indeed
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by waternogetenemy: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2013
See the way they are quoting Stella Odua out of context. smh
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by gbishman: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2013
Minister, why would u involve or say that plan crash is an act of God its not rathers it is man made born out of negligence, inexperience and people of no knowledge of aviation finding themselves in positions where they dnt have the requisite capacity to function.
Its only in Nigeria u find mishaps happening and no ones taking responsibilty rather u bring religion or sentiment into the whole matter by involving God, was it God almightyt that manufactured the plane, was it God almighty that carries out the maintainance, is it God almigty who purchases scrappy planes, is it Gold almighty who flies the plane come we should act like responsible people and claime responsibility for our short comings. I only pray and wish that the forensics of the black box be carried out in parallel with that of the AIB.
Thank and i can bet you, it would reveal that 90% of the cause of the plane was man made and had nuffin what os ever to do what our Almighty God who sees and watch day in day out in disgurst how haman beings use and call in his name in vain. Lord God pls have mercy on us for we dnt know what we do.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by malc619(m): 10:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Jakumo: I suppose the Blame-God-Game does make sense in a demented sort of way, when you think about it. Putting myself in His shoes, and chilling up above the clouds in Heaven, I would also feel tempted to swat down the occasional passing airliner, just to protest the incessant noise they make up there. Its enough to drive a God crazy.

Craze man... grin grin

@Topic:
This woman is a PURE DUNCE, a RETARDED MOFO just like her boss.

Tinubu really said we need Professionals at the helm in the Aviation Sector not cretin who thinks painting airports is same as turning the aviation sector around...
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by crackhaus: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2013
Amhappy: Do not use the name of the Lord your God in vain
You are mistaken!
An 'act of God' desrcibes an event caused by natural forces beyond human control, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, storms, floods or volcanic eruptions.

The woman clearly does not know this as well or is playing monkey-politics.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Dee60: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2013
passion007:
Ignorant people on this thread.
First, you should learn not to quote people out of context.
She clearly continued in the very next sentence:

She said notwithstanding this
reality, the Federal Government
would continue to ensure there
were no accidents.

Since you must be spoon-fed, let me explain it to you.
The Titanic, in its heyday, represented the best maritime technology could innovate, so much so that it's motto was "Not even God can sink it"
It capsized, eventually, as we know.

Kindly desist from painting Odua as insensitive.
More importantly, do not quote people out of context.

RIP to the victims of the accident once again.

It is totally out of place to call it an 'act of God'. Better to call it an accident. It is important to also see aviation beyond aesthetics. We need world class professionals and procedures in place and we of course beyond all these need God's mercies. We were told that the pilot of that aircraft may have been stressed before the flight just because of common car park that was not available for him which made him go round and round and ending up begging some people to get his car parked. Pilots in Nigeria are not well treated and they are owed months of unpaid salaries. Aviation Ministry pretends not to know that. They are waiting for pilots to start their own 'ASUU" strike.

The scorecard of Aviation is poor. Madam needs to admit that and get back to the root causes instead of calling it an 'act of God'. In a sane country she would have been removed for that kind of statement!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by lomprico(m): 10:13am On Oct 08, 2013
Ok! Our honorable minister, ur entire family is next. Since its an act of God!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by gbishman: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2013
The Nigerian Accident Investigation Bureau (AIB) is under the Ministry of Aviation and is responsible for the investigation of civil aircraft accidents and serious incidents within Nigeria.

The Fundamental Objective of AIB is to improve aviation safety by determining the circumstances and causes of air accidents and serious incidents and making safety recommendations intended to prevent recurrence of similar accidents in future... It is not the purpose of this activity to apportion blame or liability.
This was lifted from the AIB website its so surprising to know that the AIB is under the federal ministry of aviation, where the minster sits and controls am just thinking to myself do u see any truth coming out from this investigation. For me i dnt think so but would plead that a parallel investigation be carried out abroad in tandem to the one carried out in nigeria.
thanks
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by jmoore(m): 10:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Try and educate yourself and don't quote the minister out of context.
In insurance "act of God" is referred to as inevitable events.

Anyway the investigation has not concluded to determine if the accident was inevitable or not.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by rezzy: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2013
Everything is an act of God even when we put ourselves in a place that can be dangerous. I dont think accident is an act of God, if it is, then why pslam 121
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by rezzy: 10:26am On Oct 08, 2013
Jakumo: True to form for Nigeria's fat, greedy and connected, this woman hopes to be offered cash bribes from officials of the airline running that crashed museum-piece of a passenger plane, so that blame for the "accident" can quickly be assigned to God, who may not be inclined to publicly refute those terrorist charges leveled at Him by the money-grubbing lady aviation minister.

A "High Powered" Panel of Enquiry will be set up at great expense by the enterprising minister, and the White Paper from that loot-sharing exercise will also blame God for all past and future air crashes. I suppose the Blame-God-Game does make sense in a demented sort of way, when you think about it. Putting myself in His shoes, and chilling up above the clouds in Heaven, I would also feel tempted to swat down the occasional passing airliner, just to protest the incessant noise they make up there. Its enough to drive a God crazy.

Wetin this one dey talk sef?, God con complain to you say the noise too much?
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Slickest(m): 10:33am On Oct 08, 2013
Shatap woman..Now u blame God for the decay caused by ur irresponsible and corrupt acts..y don't we hear crashes lyk dat in european countries...sha na because naija ppl are gullible na y u dey alter trash, I trust ma nairalanders, they can't take ur factless claimz...I hail ena ma PPL....
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Sweetlemon(f): 10:34am On Oct 08, 2013
kbdrim: I wonder why God would always choose Nigeria for his experiments in spite of the fact that we are so religious. . grin..in other climes what needs to be done gets done and nobody gets to point to God when disasters strike. When a plane crashes in Nigeria. .somebody just didn't do his work. .end of story..LEAVE GOD OUT OF THIS ACCIDENT BUSINESS
Help me ask them o! smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari: I Am Not Happy With State Of Electricity In Nigeria / APC May Lose Due To Tinubu’s Bloopers On Quran & Buhari’s Indifference - Jaafar / Osinbajo: Christians, South Biggest Beneficiaries Of Buhari’s Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.