Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,219 members, 7,957,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:45 PM

Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) (17275 Views)

Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Last Victim Of Malaysia Bus-Crash Is A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
I think its time we start having a budgetary allocation for God in this country.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by shitshappen(m): 2:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ngwakwe: See what ignorance is leading you into.

"Act of God" simply means Action that negates logic or scientific explanations.

In other words, an instance of uncontrollable natural forces in operation.

It has nothing to do with spirituality and religion in this context.
[color=#990000][/color

You think she is the flight engineers that approved the worthiness of the Aircraft that morning or the pilot that approved the checklists before taking off.

I see u quoted me after your comment about ignorance so I choose not to reply you on that.
Buh as par your reference to the flight engineer, I will reply you as an Igboman
Agbaa mbu ya atuo na ogwe
Agbaa a buo ya atuo na ogwe....
Have u ever wonder why all these 'acts of God' happen at a larger scale now that she is the minister of Aviation. Wake up nwanne muru anya ka azu.

I travel a lot by air God forbid if it were me!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by agbameta: 2:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
Our aviation industry doesn’t value human life. We have lost so many people. The sector is being managed the same way for decades”.

Government has promoted mediocrity in the sector. - Asiwaju Tinubu

4 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by oguash: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
She is as clueless as her oga at the top. What do you expect from a kindagateen President and his crèche cabinet. God go punish una one after the other
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by talk2s(m): 2:46pm On Oct 08, 2013
@op, why quote the woman in parts
instead of verbatim? There is no way she didn't express pity and condolences to the affected and bereaved. And again, there is month way too she did not make any policy statements as regards her commitment towards fixing things. Give us the full text. End this bias!
Finally, ask doctors of law what it means when an incident is referred to as an\the 'act of God'.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by buJu234: 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
This is wat u get when u have non professionals running professional establishments

GEJ is a gud man but he only problem is Zero Leadership Skills...

Thats why u have all his cabinet members & Economic council team are either diesel sellers; diesel importers etc.
and we all can the results.

Oga GEJ just put the right professionals there and u will see results over a period of time
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ooshinibos: 3:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Tolexander:
when human beings are unable to understand what is happening and wanna shy away from their irresponsibilities, that is when they say 'it's God's will'

Tolexanderou you are a good Nigerian that have common sense , i have always complain that the statement ''it is the will of God'' ,should be ban from the mouths of politicians , the reason why is that , number 1 , this eradicates the blame from our incompetent Govt and leaders and put the blame on God , so we are indirectly calling God a murderer ...
60 percent of Nigerian are genetically corrupt and religious ..hence they always use the word carelessly ` it is the will of God ', we dont like to take responsibilty for anything ,
You will never hear a developed Nation blame God for accidents and all the mishaps ..there are lots of factor that cause accident - Humman error ( 90 percent ) , evil forces and shear wickedness .

so if it goes well , it is the will of God and if it goes bad ,it is the will of God ...the leaders are free of blame , because everything is the will of God ...hence our perpetual darkness in Nigeria ..we shall see
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ooshinibos: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2013
i have always complain that the statement ''it is the will of God'' ,should be banned from the mouths of politicians , the reason why is that , number 1 , this eradicates the blame from our incompetent Govt and leaders and put the blame on God , so we are indirectly calling God a murderer ...
60 percent of Nigerian are religious ..hence they always use the word carelessly ` it is the will of God ', we dont like to take responsibilty for anything ,
You will never hear a developed Nation blame God for accidents and all the mishaps ..there are lots of factor that cause accident - Humman error ( 90 percent ) , evil forces and shear wickedness .

so if it goes well , it is the will of God and if it goes bad ,it is the will of God ...the leaders are free of blame , because everything is the will of God ...hence our perpetual darkness in Nigeria ..we shall see
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
This got me lol......my own God isn't responsible for such things..dats what she believes in, why blame you god for ur neglegence?
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ooshinibos: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Auntie Stella , since it is the Act of God , you dont need to ban Dana airlines or make enquiries . I can see why Nigeria is the way it is . chei , this people worry me alot ... it like like Obama saying 9 11 was the act of God , no FBI investigation ..NIGERIA ARISE WE ARE BETTR THAN THIS RULERS

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Ramanto(m): 5:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
i watch the woman interact wt press men yesterday,i'm afraid i didn't see any sign of good leadership in her.she lacks oratory and whtever good qualities u need in a leader.Hw come Oga Jona made her a miniister of a sensitive sector as 'Aviation'?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ooshinibos: 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ramanto: i watch the woman interact wt press men yesterday,i'm afraid i didn't see any sign of good leadership in her.she lacks oratory and whtever good qualities u need in a leader.Hw come Oga Jona made her a miniister of a sensitive sector as 'Aviation'?

maybe she was his girlfriend at high school
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by kinharold(m): 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Please, let me ask; I pray I get a good answer cos I really don't understand it myself.

Accident deaths are highly regrettable but sometimes i wonder why there is so much fuss about plane crash and deaths?, NASS will probe it, the president will be involved, Airline is banded, sometimes minister and some high office holders loose their job. Deaths in road accidents in a year is in hundreds and sometimes in thousands. In about the same week of the Associated Airline crash that killed about 13 persons, the boat accidents on the River Niger killed scores of persons including 29 women but nothing much was head about it after that day.

Hope it is not because air passengers/victims are most-likely of the rich class.

Please, I just need explanations.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by gidjah(m): 9:01pm On Oct 08, 2013
how many foreign airlines miss their tracks n sway off d roads?? only our local made in united STATES OF ABA AIR LINES CRASH UNDER A LOCAL VILLAGE, DESTROYING FAEM LANDS N POOR MENS HOUSES.GOD DOESN'T WISH his pple evil Stella, if it were ur two sons abode ds dirty rickety planes wouldu Say ds?!! PLS WAKE UP AUNTY! !!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by PapaBrowne(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2013
It's only illiterates that would not understand what the Aviation minister said.

To those that don't know, that phrase is a legal term

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by 2bosun: 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
PapaBrowne: It's only illiterates that would not understand what the Aviation minister said.

This is the dumbest comment I've ever read. We continue to use these terms and say these things while people keep dying. When will we as Nigerians wake up and take some responsibility.... It's so sad.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Ayetobi92: 11:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
The woman is right, everything dat happens in this life whether good or the other way round does not pass the knowledge of God.he alone knows why it happened
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ninocia18(m): 12:02am On Oct 09, 2013
Sterling Towers:

Your argument is non sequitur, how can it be inevitable yet government want to forestall the inevitability. The minister is just trying to hide under force majeure defence which can never fly. It is even infantile trying to defend herself before the allegation is even made. This madam minister should just throw in the tower and let competent people come on board. Can you imagine telling people accident is a must in nigeria airspace, this will scare off the whole world. Almost tempted to call her corn for brain.

Non sequitur!!!... Chai, oyibo. grin
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Omotolaaraujo(f): 12:14am On Oct 09, 2013
Stella needs to wait tables, or something she is qualified to do. Plane crashes happen for a number of reasons and God doesn't fly Nigerian. angry
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by sCun: 12:23am On Oct 09, 2013
Fani Kayode who was trying to talk thrash on twitter was reminded of a similar staement he made in 2006 when he blamed the plane crashes on demons and occultists. The person who tweeted him provided a Nairaland link to remind him.
www.nairaland.com/147088/fani-kayode-blames-occultists-2006-plane
https://mobile.twitter.com/realFFK/status/387685408030871552?p=v
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by agbameta: 12:28am On Oct 09, 2013
PapaBrowne: It's only illiterates that would not understand what the Aviation minister said.

Illiterate, so lack of proper maintenance, negligence, lack of oversight and gross incompetence = Natural disaster and act of God?

We might as well stop paying the worthless and incompetent clowns if at the end of the day, everything including Nigerians falling off the sky in 7 plane crashes in less than 2 years = Natural disaster and act of God.

Are you really this dumb fvukkk?

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by oge4real(f): 2:25am On Oct 09, 2013
This is the best reason for GEJ to sack this woman. No aviation minister in the world make this statement and still hold that portfolio for the next 24 hours.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by agbameta: 2:55am On Oct 09, 2013
oge4real: This is the best reason for GEJ to sack this woman. No aviation minister in the world make this statement and still hold that portfolio for the next 24 hours.

Mediocre and incompetent people don't fire other mediocre and incompetent people.

Look at the Police college in Lagos, non of the folks in charge was slapped on the wrist and we are talking about fired, in fact, they received National awards and better FG jobs.

This woman is not going anywhere just like tons of useless people like her all around GEJ.

Misery loves company..

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by kabaka1: 5:11am On Oct 09, 2013
passion007:
Ignorant people on this thread.
First, you should learn not to quote people out of context.
She clearly continued in the very next sentence:

She said notwithstanding this
reality, the Federal Government
would continue to ensure there
were no accidents.

U're right, people r just misinterpreting n misunderstood d context in which she used that statement.

It's just like on d case in which Agagu's son who survived d plane crash was alleged 2 have made the comment, "nothing do me," and most people were just all over him 4 being insensitive 2 d dead people from d crash.
Naija people! Smh!
Since you must be spoon-fed, let me explain it to you.
The Titanic, in its heyday, represented the best maritime technology could innovate, so much so that it's motto was "Not even God can sink it"
It capsized, eventually, as we know.

Kindly desist from painting Odua as insensitive.
More importantly, do not quote people out of context.

RIP to the victims of the accident once again.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by tnktosin(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2013
ifyalways:
You need to read your bible more often.
Who told you accidents can ALWAYS be prevented?
You don't have to agree with me....but i'd take that advice, av bin slacking recently wink
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ceejayluv(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2013
jude33084:

Comparing car accident to a plane crash? angry

Our youths are in big trouble angry
Why won't they be compared? Car accidents kill thousands of Nigerians yearly. For the fact that plane crashes are more dramatic and expensive disasters than road accidents doesn't mean we should overlook the bigger killer of the two.
Road accidents claim more lives in a week than what plane mishaps claim in two years or more.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by AkoEja: 11:21am On Oct 09, 2013
What a fool!
So we should accept accidents now?
Most of these ministers are idiots.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Balance111: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ceejayluv(m): 12:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
kinharold: Please, let me ask; I pray I get a good answer cos I really don't understand it myself.

Accident deaths are highly regrettable but sometimes i wonder why there is so much fuss about plane crash and deaths?, NASS will probe it, the president will be involved, Airline is banded, sometimes minister and some high office holders loose their job. Deaths in road accidents in a year is in hundreds and sometimes in thousands. In about the same week of the Associated Airline crash that killed about 13 persons, the boat accidents on the River Niger killed scores of persons including 29 women but nothing much was head about it after that day.

Hope it is not because air passengers/victims are most-likely of the rich class.

Please, I just need explanations.
That's exactly what I highlighted in an earlier post. Don't be surprised some people getting overly sentimental about plane crashes are statisticians who don't even consider that one is far more likely to die on their way to the airport than on the plane itself.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by oaroloye(m): 12:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
This is incredible!

What sort of medication is this woman on- medical marijuana?

There must be some mistake! She must have been taken out of context,
such that the journalist in question accidentally presented the draft for his new novel to his newspaper.

No creature with a 37 degree core temperature can possibly talk like this!

Accidents are avoided by everyone doing their job.

Every disaster is thoroughly analyzed as to cause, with a view to ensuring that it never happen again.
Manufacturers and Owners of airplanes thoroughly research every disaster, to make sure it doesn't happen to them.
Maintenance is carried out scrupulously, and incompetence is punished to the fullest degree.
(Mechanics are not allowed to forget to tighten nuts, because their wife is having a baby, and stuff like that.)

The track-record of Airliners should be clearly displayed at terminals:

"XYZ AIRLINE: 666,000 HOURS WITHOUT ACCIDENT!"
"YXZ AIRLINE: 143,000 HOURS WITHOUT ACCIDENT!"
"ZXY AIRLINE: 419 HOURS WITHOUT ACCIDENT!"

Airliners with bad records would be punished by being forced to charge less, according to the length of time without a crash.

Or they could bribe ministers to say that crashes are normal...
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ceejayluv(m): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2013
For the records, check out the American Air accidents records...

www.airsafe.com/events/us_ten.htm

The inevitable will always happen.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Kanwulia: 2:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
I agree with her. . .
After all, with that una 'CHRISTIAN GOD' of tragedies. . .ALL TINZ ARE POSSIBLE! kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NJC Recommends Sack Of Justice Rita Ofili-ajumogobia & Justice James T. Agbadu / Court Grants APC Right To Participate In Bayelsa Governorship Election / Peter Obi Vehemently Condemns Lagos-Calabar Highway As A Misplaced Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.