Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) (17165 Views)

Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode / Last Victim Of Malaysia Bus-Crash Is A Nigerian Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Muscomide: 11:54am On Oct 08, 2013
Natural disasters, e.g tsunami, earthquakes and hurricanes, are acts of God or nature. A plane crashing minutes after take-off is not an act of God. Do the decent thing and resign as the buck stops with you, Minister.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 08, 2013
Okay. She would have an accident soon and die in it...and it would be an act of God.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by dbride: 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
cold: Of course,it is God's will. I wonder why all these so called religious folks are trying to shy away from the statement. God created everything,designed everything,knows everything,even before it happens but does nothing to stop it. Rightly claims in Isaiah 45 7 that he alone created good and evil. So what gives..?

What kind of reasoning is this? Don't brush your teeth and when they decay you call it an act of God. Visible crack observed by a passenger on the plane BEFORE TAKE OFF, it crashes as a result, you call it an act of God? Of course, a crack after take off is beyond man's control. Your application of the word of God shows lack of wisdom, understanding and knowledge of God on your part and what do you say to: "My people perish for lack of knowledge". @cold allow the Holy Spirit teach you God's word experientially, head knowledge of God's word kills and robs you of His wisdom.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by MrMcJay(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: It was a slip of tongue. She shouldn't have said accidents are inevitable. She later tried to make up for that error by saying "the Federal Government
would continue to ensure there
were no accidents".

Wow! Na u be dis, finally accepting mistakes? Oh, I forgot, 2015 is around the corner. However, we are not deceived!

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
geeez: When you put a woman who only knows about spas and necklaces in charge of flying machines, you will get disgusting comments like these

Anyway I'm not surprised, didn't her principal once say that terrorism is a global phenomenon and that it is perhaps Nigeria's turn?

dat she made such statement does not mean every other woman would say such because u r trying to say,dat a woman is incapable of manning flying machines.smh
chauvinism at its peak
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wow. The aviation minister calling plane crashes an act of God? Further evidence Nigeria is doomed. As if we needed anymore.

2 Likes

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Muscomide: Natural disasters, e.g tsunami, earthquakes and hurricanes, are acts of God or nature. A plane crashing minutes after take-off is not an act of God. Do the decent thing and resign as the buck stops with you, Minister.

Amen!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wsdm:
...Instead of attributing their failure to God and others.
The president also said after expending more than a quarter of our annual budget on security; " bombing is what we must Learn to live with".
When are all these people going to accept simple responsibility for their failure? It is as if the only responsibility they know is selves enrichment. Very shameless!

ahn ahn!! o shocked
Kilodey..angry
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by dbride: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2013
[quote author=ceejayluv]Actually Accidents DO happen. Trains derail, spaceships explode, ships sink.
if any unforeseen accident is the fault of the minister, then why haven't people clamoured for the resignation of the minister of transportation when thousands of people die yearly on roads and waterways?
Let's not get too emotional. THE MINISTRY AND REGULATORY BODIES CAN ONLY ENSURE SAFETY COMPLIANCE but cannot erase the occurrence of mishaps totally. They're called "accidents" for a reason. The insurance companies will handle that.[/quote

Did the ministry and regulatory bodies ensure safety compliance even with the visible crack observed by one of the passengers who survived the crash? Crack on an airplane is DISASTER, plane takes off but quickly loses stability and the law of gravity happens! Who certified such plane air worthy? Theirs is to collect bribe and expect God to prevent accident or stand the risk of been blamed!

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by skyfall: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nigerian politicians should stop calling God's name. They sound very fooolish when they do.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by fyneguy: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
passion007:
To start with, what you have in quotes up there is Orisun editor's understanding of what the Minister said. She said accidents are an act of God (a phrase that refers to the occurrence of accidents despite preparedness) or a force majeure as Sterling pointed out, not that an accident is God's will (which is different and sounds crazy).

@Sterling:
I can't argue with that.
Her logic is skewed, no doubt.
The sequence makes it appear so.
It sounds safer that FG attempts to avoid accidents at all costs, yet recognizes their influence may not be completely effective aka that acts of God could topple their plans

I had to address Tolexander who is keen on making her appear insensitive.

Finally, we don't even have any evidence this accident was due to human error, so let's wait for the results of the inquiry before doling out blame.

What Preparedness are you on about? I boarded this plane in 2011 and it was a harrowing experience!

Let's call a spade, a spade- this's a case of laxity, corruption and incompetence. How could such a plane fly our airspace, and the agency responsible couldn't ground the plane?

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by creativemusic: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
may that is the way is use to happen in the US AND UK grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by McLuhan(m): 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
What a nauseating example of gratuitous and grandiloquent nonsense! Incompetence decked in makeup and mascara. Gold chains adorning a neck that has gobbled millions of tax payers' money, while at the same time uttering useless platitudes and blasphemous avowals of pretended piousness. Spitting on the graves of the unfortunate dead. Can't you shut up if you have nothing to say? Thank your stars that this is Nigeria, because in saner climes, your pathetic butt would have been kicked out of that citadel of corruption that you call your office!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by cocoduck: 12:37pm On Oct 08, 2013
Whatever a person like Stella says or does people must talk. for or against.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Trippledots:

Eye witness account said the plane exploded mid air under 5mins of TO....so did d pilot light a cigar on board or what?? Nobody is saying people board planes so that they can have a taste of what it feels like to crashland, but why havent we gotten any positive experience from any air passenger while flying dat airline before? Why?! abi na God cause dat one too?...mstcheww. Abeg lets call a spade a spade jare.
: we are saying the same thing, yes. Eyewitness account said an explosing shortly after take off, but what caused the explosion is what we don't know, it maybe sabotage or «4»rm they aircraft or something else! No one knows, so let's see the outcome of the investigation
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by nkpommpko(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
passion007:
Ignorant people on this thread.
First, you should learn not to quote people out of context.
She clearly continued in the very next sentence:

She said notwithstanding this
reality, the Federal Government
would continue to ensure there
were no accidents.

Since you must be spoon-fed, let me explain it to you.
The Titanic, in its heyday, represented the best maritime technology could innovate, so much so that it's motto was "Not even God can sink it"
It capsized, eventually, as we know.

Kindly desist from painting Odua as insensitive.
More importantly, do not quote people out of context.

RIP to the victims of the accident once again.
she made an unguarded statement , let her tell that to the families that lost loved ones,Nigerians should start suing these people for incompetence if found out to be so
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by iGeneral: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
Jonathan - a president without balls.

Fani Kayode - a commentator without sense

Abati - a peasant without breeding

Stella - a minister without brain

Next?
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by linearity: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
chinchek: The Titanic, in its heyday, represented the best maritime technology could innovate, so much so that it's motto was "Not even God can sink it"
It capsized, eventually, as we know.

Be it known to u that that 'motto' was a disrespect to God Almighty Who created the 'creator' of the Titanic.
Be it also known to u that it was THAT ignoble and BLASPHEMOUS motto that led to the inevitable sinking of Titanic in 1912.
But 101 yrs later, mankind still wil not learn any lesson from the story of the Titanic.
I rest my case.

As much as I will like to agree with you i.e. anyone that gives God a thumb down, should be visited by his wrath and fire just like in the days of Elijah....the truth is, the motto of the Titanic was not what sinked it.

The Titanic hit an iceberg, three hours later...the combining of cost cutting corner rivets, weather, optical illusions, human errors sink it with hundreds of people on board.

The Titanic motto was borned out of man's myopic knowledge then, that because the Titanic was made of water tight containers, it must be unsinkable, they never anticipated a big iceberg leaving a big hole underneath the ship. Even with that big hole and water gushing in, you will agree that that, staying afloat for three complete hours was a miracle and it was light years compare to the time they needed to evacuate all passengers.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by nkpommpko(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
waternogetenemy: See the way they are quoting Stella Odua out of context. smh
we can't all in nairaland be quoting her out of context, she can't come out and make such unguarded statements if your family was involved how would you feel hearing that crap come out of a minister, act of God indeed , "sorry we will look into it and if found out that it is due to incompetence those involved will be sanctioned" FINISH
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by rezzy: 1:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
Pataki:
Obviously, his witty sarcasm flies way over your head.

If u understood what i said, u wouldnt av replied me.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by tnktosin(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
kingbang:

Haven't you heard the saying that God's ways are not that of man's? God can use such accidents to teach some lessons or achieve something. Anyway, this is not an excuse for not sanitizing our Aviation sector.
What are you saying? The God I serve will not sacrifice people's lives to teach you a lesson. Accidents are not natural disasters and can always be prevented.

1 Like

Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by shitshappen(m): 1:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
God will punish her for this thoughtless remark. For painting God cruel and blaming him for man's sheer negligence. For failure to do her duty as the minister of aviation and shifting the blame of the almighty. People suffer mishaps for three reasons:
1. Satan the devil who is the ruler of this system of things. James 4:4
2. Being at the right place at the wrong time (unforeseen occurrence) ecclesiastes 9:11
3. Man's inhumanity to man, mankind wickedness. Ecclesiastes 8:9

So madam minister I know u cant bear the blood of the victims in your head. But truth be told as am aware u know ur responsibilities as the aviation minister before u took the job. So if you have ever collected bribe instead of doing ya duties, then the blood of the victims are on your head. I wish it will also be on those of ur children
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Forwetinnah: 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2013
Una dey hear ru.bbish talk? I pray she's on the next flight 'God' acts on..Some airlines are delibrately using damaged planes to fly Nigerians and you're there telling us what? You expect God to come down to do your job for you? See cra.ze!
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Ngwakwe: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
See what ignorance is leading you into.

"Act of God" simply means Action that negates logic or scientific explanations.

In other words, an instance of uncontrollable natural forces in operation.

It has nothing to do with spirituality and religion in this context.

shits_happen: God will punish her for this thoughtless remark. For painting God cruel and blaming him for man's sheer negligence. For failure to do her duty as the minister of aviation and shifting the blame of the almighty. People suffer mishaps for three reasons:
1. Satan the devil who is the ruler of this system of things. James 4:4
2. Being at the right place at the wrong time (unforeseen occurrence) ecclesiastes 9:11
3. Man's inhumanity to man, mankind wickedness. Ecclesiastes 8:9

So madam minister I know u cant bear the blood of the victims in your head. But truth be told as am aware u know ur responsibilities as the aviation minister before u took the job. So if you have ever collected bribe instead of doing ya duties, then the blood of the victims are on your head. I wish it will also be on those of ur children

You think she is the flight engineers that approved the worthiness of the Aircraft that morning or the pilot that approved the checklists before taking off.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ifyalways(f): 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
Troynow: Okay. She would have an accident soon and die in it...and it would be an act of God.
you dear would get double of what you wish her
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by ifyalways(f): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
tnktosin:
What are you saying? The God I serve will not sacrifice people's lives to teach you a lesson. Accidents are not natural disasters and can always be prevented.
You need to read your bible more often.
Who told you accidents can ALWAYS be prevented?
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
McLuhan: What a nauseating example of gratuitous and grandiloquent nonsense! Incompetence decked in makeup and mascara. Gold chains adorning a neck that has gobbled millions of tax payers' money, while at the same time uttering useless platitudes and blasphemous avowals of pretended piously. Spitting on the graves of the unfortunate dead. Can't you shut up if you have nothing to say? Thank your stars that this is Nigeria, because in saner climes, your pathetic butt would have been kicked out of that citadel of corruption that you call your office!
You have killed me with English! grin grin

For making such blasphemous statement and ridiculing God, she should be fired immediately! You can not attibute an accident like that to be the will or act of God. That is a clueless statement she made.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by kaypound(m): 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2013
our dear presido also once said terrorism is not a new thing maybe it is the turn of nigeria to experience its own (UN building bombing)..... also Professor CHINEDU NEBO with all his education will stand before senate screening committee to claim that witches, demons are hindering electricity supply in Nigeria & yet he was appointed as minister of power so I do not blame her.... our leaders are all dumbasses.
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Biggyd2: 1:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
While dismissing criticisms trailing the suspension as “bar (beer parlour) comments from drunks and addicts,...” Princess Oduah

The caustic tongue of a minister! shocked shocked. These people have no decorum sha.

And what did she base her conclusions on? The report of from experts who are supposed to start investigating the cause of the crash? O ga o. angry undecided
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
kaypound: our dear presido also once said terrorism is not a new thing maybe it is the turn of nigeria to experience its own (UN building bombing)..... also Professor CHINEDU NEBO with all his education will stand before senate screening committee to claim that witches, demons are hindering electricity supply in Nigeria & yet he was appointed as minister of power so I do not blame her.... our leaders are all dumbasses.
you forgot to add Governor Jonah Jang of Plateau State who said God appointed him to be the chairman of NGF? God don suffer for our leaders hand! cry
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
so much for all the spam from team gej and their noise over the 'amazon' transforming the sector

she is showing her true colours in a crisis - incompetent, callous , poorly spoken diesel hawker playing politics with the lives of nigerians
Re: Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) by andyanders: 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
Is something wrong with her? How can she said, God is responsible? Our God is not the God of destruction. Every bad thing that happens is a result of demonic forces.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader / Kunle Toogun: South-West Traditional Rulers Are Selling Land To Foreign Herdsmen / Troops Neutralized Insurgents, Recovered Weapons And A Vehicle In Borno (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.