Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey - Fashion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey (314607 Views)

Growing Nigerian Hair Long- Relaxed Or Natural / My Hair Journey :from Relaxed To Natural ( With Pics) / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by rubi96(f): 12:46pm On Jul 10, 2014
how i can i make my little niece's hair sidelines grow. it hair just seems to be growing only at the center. she's five.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Sissie(f): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2014
Coconut, almond, mustard, sesame, olive, castor, jojoba, black seed glycerin are available for sale.
Braggs apple cider vinegar with the mother, Organic ACV.
Jamaican black castor oil.

Shea and cocoa butter

Essential oils.
Carrot, lemon, Jasmine, rose, aloe, fennel, gum myrrh, frankincense, saffron, onion, garlic, clove oil email. ETC.

100% pure argan oil.
Snake oil (for Indian oiling method or hot oiling method)
Email Sissienatural@gmail.com
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by pkg4eva05: 1:59pm On Jul 10, 2014
Hey ladies, there's a page(@kinikinks) on instagram that is for nigerians with natural hair. Is anybody on here following them? They give tips on hair care and post really nice hairstyles for natural hair. I've been featured there and i think they are pretty cool.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 4:55am On Jul 11, 2014
rubi96: how i can i make my little niece's hair sidelines grow. it hair just seems to be growing only at the center. she's five.

Hi dear, I have a niece with a similar problem. She's four. We had to cut her hair and start a daily application of Nappygirl Pudding which I make. Now it's growing out evenly. You can substitute with a daily application of castor oil. It should be applied on clean scalp for effectiveness.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by rubi96(f): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2014
NappilyNigerian:

Hi dear, I have a niece with a similar problem. She's four. We had to cut her hair and start a daily application of Nappygirl Pudding which I make. Now it's growing out evenly. You can substitute with a daily application of castor oil. It should be applied on clean scalp for effectiveness.
we considered cutting the hair but she cries whenever we mention it at home. where can i get the pudding and castor oil?
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Chayoms: 1:13pm On Jul 23, 2014
NappilyNigerian: do you have any questions about growing Nigerian hair long? Ask here!
hello dear, i must commend ú for úr dedication to dis forum. Cos i know its not easy. Well done sister.

2 Likes

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by esthybam(f): 10:33pm On Jul 27, 2014
all i av got to say is tha am greatful to to thread maker: God bless u. my question is dt the edges of my hair especially @ the front part is not long as the rest why is it so and what can i do to stop it
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by ijlista: 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
pls which one is Nappygirl pudding?And pls where can I buy black Jamaican castor oil in lagos.I live at Badagry..
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Ciscaelle: 12:25pm On Sep 10, 2014
hi @nappilynatural, how long have you been growing your hair
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Sissie(f): 2:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
ijlista: pls which one is Nappygirl pudding?And pls where can I buy black Jamaican castor oil in lagos.I live at Badagry..

I sell JBCO and it can be delivered to you send an email to Sissienatural@gmail.com
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Yes you can switch up your coils on your natural hair with bendy rollers.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2014
Good morning pls how can I grow my front hair?
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2014
pls what can i apply to my natural hair to make it soft.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by mitchyy(f): 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2014
Liciase:
pls what can i apply to my natural hair to make it soft.

Make sure you do the basics first. Always moisturize and seal with oil. Know when your hair needs food and water. Deep condition often and don't forget to sleep in satin caps. Get a leave-in conditioner that works for your hair. If this doesn't keep your hair soft and healthy, then find addditional solutions
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
mitchyy:

Make sure you do the basics first. Always moisturize and seal with oil. Know when your hair needs food and water. Deep condition often and don't forget to sleep in satin caps. Get a leave-in conditioner that works for your hair. If this doesn't keep your hair soft and healthy, then find addditional solutions
thanks
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by bloomingbuds(f): 6:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
NappilyNigerian:
Yes you can switch up your coils on your natural hair with bendy rollers.
Please where can I get Marley hair ? & can I hav an idea of d price please?
Thanks
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by elyzonbay: 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Now in stock!!!
ACTIVES n ADDITIVES!!!!

Kojic acid,salicyclic acid,lactic acid,l-ascorbic acid,vit e oil,baking soda, pure teatree oil,jojoba oil,apricot oil,clove oil,carrot oil,honey,ACV!!!!! Would be sold on first come basis! Call 08069115847, 08124233363, pin 215f7cbb
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by stunning4real: 11:33am On Oct 13, 2014
This is a wonderful thread. Pls how can I grow my front hair? pls pls pls its urgent. I resolve to fixing always because of my front hair and i dont like it.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 7:41pm On Oct 20, 2014
stunning4real:
This is a wonderful thread. Pls how can I grow my front hair? pls pls pls its urgent. I resolve to fixing always because of my front hair and i dont like it.

Hi dear, fixing will only worsen issues and cause the hairline to recede even further. Try to purchase Hair Trigger Elixir available on sizzelle.com and apply to hairline as directed. Invest in a good wig so you can care for your hair easily.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by stunning4real: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
like how much is d product
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nessa12(f): 2:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
NappilyNigerian:
A lot of people don't think Nigerian hair can grow long and soft unless they are mixed or their hair is relaxed...that isn't true.

Nigerians can have soft and long hair too whether relaxed or natural.

The problem is that we don't really know how to care for our hair type.

The Indians know how to care for their coarse straight hair (coarse being that their hair strands are thick ...people confuse coarse with 'the feel of the hair' not the strand thickness...your hair can be coarse and feel soft).
The Brazilians, the Chinese, the Caucasians all know how to care for their hair type but unfortunately many Africans don't know how to care for their hair.

They'll use products and methods suited for the hairtypes of other races ....and when their hair revolts by being hard, dry, break and such....they blame the hair....not the products or methods!

The key to growing soft, long Nigerian hair is this "NOURISH THE SCALP, STRENGTHEN THE HAIR".

Avoid products and methods that clog or dry out the scalp.
Avoid products and methods that damage the hair strands.

Most Nigerians have hair (in it's natural state) that is
-very coily
-fine stranded
-porous

which make it prone to dryness (reason for the hard to touch) and breakage (reason we don't have long hair).

Even if your hair is relaxed, it can't change the fact that our strands are much thinner and flatter than the straight hair of other races and the chemicals make our hair even more fragile.

Here are simple tips to grow Nigerian hair long and soft.

1.Nourish the scalp

-Natural oils and butters contains nutrients that nourish the scalp.
The scalp is the soil from which hair grows.

-Scalp massages with oils know to stimulate hair growth is beneficial not only to growing hair but also to growing stronger, healthier hair that can withstand styling and be less prone to breakage (which is the reason why one is stuck with one length forever!!!!)..

- Washing the scalp with harsh products dry it out leading to scalp problems and poor hair growth. So use good quality products.

The Indians know it. The Brazilians know it!

2. Strengthen and protect the hair:
- The hair that grows out of your scalp is relatively is not living tissue.Healthy, soft hair starts from the scalp.

- Because our hair is super coily, the natural oils on our scalp cannot flow down to the ends of our hair. (same thing even when you're relaxed. You can't get all the kinks out without damaging the hair).
So a light coating of natural oil daily helps lubricate and protect the strands and retain moisture.

- Speaking of moisture, dryness is the reason our hair feels hard to touch and the reason it breaks.
It's important to use hair products that draw moisture to the cortex of the hair strands keeping it supple, flexible, soft and less prone to breakage. (meaning more visible growth).

- Also don't rip through tangles with a comb (never use those blue rat tailed comb!)
Use a wide tooth comb and detangle from bottom to top as carefully as you would detangled your treasured Brazilian/Peruvian/Indian weave.

- If you're relaxed, make sure your hair is completely dry and oiled (I love coconut oil) before detangling. If you're natural, damp or wet detangling with slippery conditioner will save your length.

Here's a picture of my hair using the right methods and products for my Afro textured hair and I hope to grow it even longer!
always long story. Jst cut d story short
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
No one said you had to read all of it na so why the complaint?
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by chidexxy007(m): 12:16am On Nov 18, 2014
you're doing a nice work @op....av a question to ask
am a guy and a love growing my hair as in afro but my problem is i have strong hair naturally when its full it's usually hard to comb.. any advice on creams or shampoo to use to soften it?
awaitin ur positive reply
thanks
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by sisiadah(f): 7:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
Good day people. I've had my hair relaxed since I was little, I've always had short and no front hair, my mum has no front hair too so I thought it was in the family but I recently came across pictures of her with full frontal hair. My hair really embarrasses me. Someone advised me to go natural and I'm considering it, haven't relaxed my hair since july and I'm planning to chop off the relaxed ends come january. I really need to know the hair products that'll be suitable, and the hair regime for beginners. Thank you smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by messiwhyte: 7:50pm On Jan 24, 2015
embarassedhi, am messi am new here pls how can I make my hair long I cut it it am nt liking it again please
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by messiwhyte: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2015
shocked oh my God, ur hair is so beautiful I love it. I just cut my hair and am very sad now about it pls wat can I use to grow it back
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by rubi96(f): 4:33pm On Jan 25, 2015
I want go natural now , I've stopped relaxing my hair . what do I do? nappily girl pls suggest good treatments to use. thanks
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by messiwhyte: 8:23pm On Jan 25, 2015
please am nt getting any reply on how to make my hair long, I will be so glad if u could help me by giving me a call or text me up here's my number 08185691578 please I will be so so so happy if u can just give me a call or u text me. I Dont want my dad to meet my hair cut when he comes back. embarassedplease am nt getting any reply on how to make my hair long, I will be so glad if u could help me by giving me a call or text me up here's my number 08185691578 please I will be so so so happy if u can just give me a call or u text me. I Dont want my dad to meet my hair cut when he comes back.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2015
It's possible to grow Naija hair long and healthy.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 9:27pm On Feb 24, 2015
messiwhyte:
please am nt getting any reply on how to make my hair long, I will be so glad if u could help me by giving me a call or text me up here's my number 08185691578 please I will be so so so happy if u can just give me a call or u text me. I Dont want my dad to meet my hair cut when he comes back. embarassedplease am nt getting any reply on how to make my hair long, I will be so glad if u could help me by giving me a call or text me up here's my number 08185691578 please I will be so so so happy if u can just give me a call or u text me. I Dont want my dad to meet my hair cut when he comes back.
Hi, pls send me an e-mail on nappilynigeriangirl@gmail.com for details.
Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by NappilyNigerian(f): 7:27pm On Mar 28, 2015
Let's MEETUP!!!

Re: How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey by kimannie222: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
@nappilynigerian those hair products you listed that you use, i found most of them on Jumia, especially the ORS products, so I'm purely Nigerian of course and one of my aunty's that had really short hair used the ORS products and her hair grow really long!, i have very long hair to and I'm trying to grow my hair naturally now using this just for me product lol, so now i want to switch back to ORS products but i have very sensitive hair, do you think i can still use these products?. Kai that eh keracare or whatever i checked it online and it is expensive!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ankara Styles / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) / stylish kareena kapoor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.