Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets (30344 Views)

Multibillionaire Adenuga To Chair Peter Okoye And Lola Omotayo Wedding / Oyin Adenuga To Star In The Real Housewives of Lagos? / Mike Adenuga To Fly In Beyonce For Daughter's Wedding In April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by HezronLorraine(m): 4:34am On Oct 09, 2013
According to a story by Encomium magazine, Bishop David Oyedepo, Alhaji Aliko Dangote and Dr. Mike Adenuga are among the top 10 Nigerian billionaires who will pay hundreds of millions of naira annually as luxury tax due to the imposition of a whooping $4,000 luxury tax by Aviation Ministry on private jet owners and operators per departure.

Some of these super rich Nigerians make use of their jets 3/4 times in a week either within or outside Nigeria and for every trip, it's a cool $4, 000 tax. Continue...

From Encomium magazine

According to our sources, among the four jets owned by Bishop Oyedepo (Gulfstream V and G550, Bombardier and Gulfstream G430), he uses three regularly personally and for his missionary work. Thus, his luxury tax annually will be an average of N399 million. Alhaji Aliko Dangote who has three private jets in his hanger will also pay an average of N399 million per annum. Dr. Mike Adenuga, Jnr, whose Falcon 7x and Bombardier jet are used for personal and business purpose should pay an average of N266 million. Governor Rotimi Amaechi and his Akwa Ibom counterpart, Governor Godswill Akpabio would shell out an average of N166.4 million annually. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor falls into the same category of N166.4 million naira payer. Meanwhile, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, Jide Omokorie and Ifeanyi Ubah would pay an average of N133 million annually, while Jimoh Ibrahim falls within the N100 million category. Furthermore, the richest woman in Nigeria, Folorunsho Alakija would spend N66 million on luxury tax.

Findings by Encomium Weekly revealed that the top 10 private jet owners who would cough millions annually on the new luxury tax are below.

The clash of the titans between the Federal Government and private jet owners reached a crescendo with the imposition of the $4,000 luxury tax on private jet owners and operators per departure. A memo was sent to all private jet operators stating that Nigerian registered private jets would henceforth pay $3,000 for every departure, while foreign registered private jets would pay $4,000.

+ List of top 10 payers

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by alhajimikehell(m): 4:53am On Oct 09, 2013
Errrrrrrrrrrrr ok? undecided
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Infomizer(m): 5:35am On Oct 09, 2013
Let everybody shout 'HALLELUYAH' *in Adeboye's voice*.

*continues*
By this time next year, somebody in this congregation will pay luxury tax. If you are the one, shout HALLELUYAH! wink

56 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Tolexander: 5:40am On Oct 09, 2013
alhaji mikehell: Errrrrrrrrrrrr ok? undecided
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by MrTAnonymous(m): 5:53am On Oct 09, 2013
This days,pastors now enriches their pockets at the expense of their church members,SMH
I wonder what will make me believe in christianity again
angry

Why can't they use those money to help their church members

P.S:This is why I hate them;they go to church on SUNDAY and pray for forgiveness knowing fully well that they are still going to sin on MONDAY,smh
angry

BLOODY HYPOCRITES

Infact,how did I come across this thread

*walks out of the thread angrily*

16 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by tyson99(m): 6:07am On Oct 09, 2013
Mr.T Anonymous:
This days,pastors are now enriching their pockets at the expenses of their church members,SMH
I wonder what will let me believe in christianity again
angry

Why can't they use those money to help the church members

P.S:This is why I hate them;they come to church on SUNDAY and pray for forgiveness knowing fully well that they are still going to sin on MONDAY,smh
angry

BLOODY HYPOCRITES

Infact,how did I come across this thread

*gets out of the thread angrily*
Bros if u think say u dey para,,,I dey para pass you.
Church of nowadays is a good business centre

7 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by ednut1(m): 10:13am On Oct 09, 2013
Dey can afford it na, d pastors own pple will volunteer to pay it self, SMH
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by MrTAnonymous(m): 10:29am On Oct 09, 2013
tyson99:
Bros if u think say u dey para,,,I dey para pass you.
Church of nowadays is a good business centre
So what is the essence of Christianity
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Lionbite(m): 12:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
So many pastors have left their line of calling and mission as a pastor and have started going after wordly and material things. What do you need FOUR JETS for. Even the G.O of R.C.C.G(one of the most populous church in the world) has only one.
I Don Vex

5 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
Why my name no dey that list? Upon say I get three dragon angry

16 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Emelcee: 12:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
How about Psquare and others, how much will they pay?
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by victorcurtis(m): 12:07pm On Oct 09, 2013
dats a lot of money lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by felzylix(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Men of god constitute more of the list, hmm! For christ sake r d members of their churches blindfolded? God u see dem ooo
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by sCun: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Emelcee: How about Psquare and others, how much will they pay?
Na you dash P square private jet? Hahaha

8 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Luxury tax?
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by hrmkz: 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
Nigerian are too gullible and easily deceived.
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Chukwuemeka007(m): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
A pastor paying almost the same luxury tax with the richest black man in the world. Intresting!

19 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Jensenelizz(m): 12:09pm On Oct 09, 2013
And okonji iwela say nigeria go wreck if dem give ASUU #130billion............money dey naija oo......case closed

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by livingstoneony(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
And a pastor's name tops the list# angry
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by enitanpopoola(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
Welcome development. Unfortunately, it is people like you and I that are gonna pay for it.
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by demelza: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2013
We know the people that will pay the luxury tax for Oyedepo.
Winners stand up & be counted!

6 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
is Sunny Okosun's Voice, "Which way Nigeria" ?
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by coogar: 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
jeepers creepers, bishop oyedepo has 4 private jets?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Shollyps(m): 12:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
Who cares?

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Fazhy: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
[size=14pt]THAT IS ONE VERY GOOD MOVE BY GOVERNMENT. I REALLY LOVE THIS.[/size]
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by deelaw4mp: 12:12pm On Oct 09, 2013
Hmmmmmm..... Money speaking.....
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by kingthreat(m): 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
Three pastors on the top-ten list. No Imam, No Hindu Guru, No babalawo. No atheist leader. No beef. Just an observation grin

16 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by sCun: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
Chukwuemeka007: A pastor paying almost the same luxury tax with the richest black man in the world. Intresting!
Pastor / business man
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
Its not about who's paying. It should be about why and what they're paying!

Taxation is a very useful tool for government to generate revenue! In developed countries, Taxes ranging from personal income, company income to property taxes constitute the major source of revenue!
In Nigeria, our tax system is undeveloped and with high incidence of evasion and corruption. If this post is true, then it is a step in the right direction and hopefully there will be growth in the tax system!
When people are made to pay taxes on luxury, it not only generates revenue for the government, it discourages other would-be luxury owners from buying luxuries and instead, they invest such money into other money generating ventures... Its a win-win for the government and for the economy!

Pls ff on twitter @Centdonald1

10 Likes

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by oyedun82(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
i will pay 4 them grin grin grin
Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by victorazy(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Lie like Super Story

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo, Dangote, Adenuga To Pay N400m Luxury Tax On Private Jets by Willgates(m): 12:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
Oyedepo should be ashame of himself, Adenuga n Dangote are genuine business men, The supposed pastor is there milking his poor congregation dry. lazy man! u kids must be really proud of u

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davido In Atlanta To Await The Birth Of His Second Child / Julius Agwu To Open A Christian Nightclub / Tania Omotayo And Her Daughter, Sarai Sumbo In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.