Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,124 members, 7,828,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (169126 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Maths125(m): 2:48pm On Dec 01, 2013
imag5: welcome on board...
. What of my course?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2013
Maths125: . What of my course?
I say welcome on board again
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Leorichy: 12:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Hi guys,thumbs up for the good work here,i was given Geography in a federal university(even though i choose Geology),pls what is this course "geography" all about,although av did some research online,but just needed an answer from an expert here. Thanks in advance.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 6:57am On Dec 04, 2013
Leorichy: Hi guys,thumbs up for the good work here,i was given Geography in a federal university(even though i choose Geology),pls what is this course "geography" all about,although av did some research online,but just needed an answer from an expert here. Thanks in advance.
geography is basically the study of the earth (land forms, physical features, interaction between man and its environment) but mostly concentrated on the earth surface upward to atmosphere, its broad. check online to see the subdivisions.
while earth science includes extensions like atmosphere to space(GIS and remote sensing applications) and from earth surface below(sub surface). except for medical sciences earth science would have been the broadest field of study with close to 50 fields of specialty and still counting.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:03am On Dec 04, 2013
good day pals, literally planning for the program have begun, image suggested voting for venue
we have 2 options port Harcourt city (PH) and Delta. voting ends Saturday, 7/12/2013 at 11:59pm or 23:00hrs thanks in anticipation of your positive response.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:04am On Dec 04, 2013
my vote- Delta state
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:05am On Dec 04, 2013
pls invite your colleagues in related field to join the voting , thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by profeoo(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2013
ideology: good day pals, literally planning for the program have begun, image suggested voting for venue
we have 2 options port Harcourt city (PH) and Delta. voting ends Saturday, 7/12/2013 at 11:59pm or 23:00hrs thanks in anticipation of your positive response.
why limit the options to just two? Ï strongly believe that Lagos should be included. *my thoughts*
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:36am On Dec 04, 2013
prof e.o.o:
why limit the options to just two? Ï strongly believe that Lagos should be included. *my thoughts*
am sorry that's the options we have now, I will speak with image5 anyway. the truth is lagos maybe too expensive in terms of hotel, feeding, besides traffic, distance etc. delta state came in since its like mid-way between east and west. thank you. just vote pls.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2013
pls lets avoid sentiments, personally. am currently in middle belt, that would be either 9hrs to lagos or 10hrs to delta or 12hrs to PH city. pls vote !!!!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 04, 2013
ideology: pls lets avoid sentiments, personally. am currently in middle belt, that would be either 9hrs to lagos or 10hrs to delta or 12hrs to PH city. pls vote !!!!
pls my friend add Lagos...will are all going to make sacrifice, moreover the event is next year and still much very far...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 04, 2013
Good day house,hope you guys are winning..Today's Digest:To get your dream Job as a geologist,geophysicists and petroleum engineers,it requires patient,Time and energy and more importantly God.
I am here to say to young professional, pls start small,don't expect when you finished uni,u get instant oil and gas job immediately, pls anywhere you find your self use it to launch your self to your desire goal.I have seen some guys move from bank to O&G and also from teaching,pls don't limit yourself of finding job only in oil and gas,...and also don't forget whereever you are always upgrade your selfs with relevant skills and course..have a nice day ahead,God bless us All
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by cheapgadgets6: 10:38am On Dec 04, 2013
imag5: Good day house,hope you guys are winning..Today's Digest:To get your dream Job as a geologist,geophysicists and petroleum engineers,it requires patient,Time and energy and more importantly God.
I am here to say to young professional, pls start small,don't expect when you finished uni,u get instant oil and gas job immediately, pls anywhere you find your self use it to launch your self to your desire goal.I have seen some guys move from bank to O&G and also from teaching,pls don't limit yourself of finding job only in oil and gas,...and also don't forget whereever you are always upgrade your selfs with relevant skills and course..have a nice day ahead,God bless us All
nice word,bt ppl dt mvd frm oda fields dnt av experience in O n G,cs I tot experience is key in landin a job in O n G,au did dey go abt it witout d experiece?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=cheapgadgets6] nice word,bt ppl dt mvd frm oda fields dnt av experience in O n G,cs I tot experience is key in landin a job in O n G,au did dey go abt it witout d experiece?[/quote getting skills,self training on courses related to oil and gas
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
send in your votes for the upcoming event holding next year. lagos, delta and PH city
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by cheapgadgets6: 3:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lag
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by cheapgadgets6: 3:26pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lagos
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by profeoo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
Ï'm from Delta state п̥ presently in ph bt Ï vote for Lagos
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 04, 2013
Lagos taken the lead....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
imag5: Lagos taken the lead....
Hahahahaha, its fun lol, voting is still open till sat, 23.00hrs
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
results so far
PH city - no vote
delta - 1 vote
lagos - 3 votes
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by coolslim: 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
OjaP: I am so so following this thread... grin grin

I am a Petroleum Geologist tooo, I had my first degree in Nigeria and recently graduated with my masters degree in Petroleum Geology from the United States. I presently work for one of the largest oil companies in the state of California, USA.

California oil fields are popular because of its old age and heavy oil. I pretty much work in the development group where I use my geological knowledge to identify by-passed zones and recommend drillings. I have also been trained in heat management since most of our recovery modes in the California basins are from steam injections. I have close to 2 years experience in the US oil sector, and have so far drilled over 30 wells.

I am willing to answer any questions ranging from career path, education etc.

I hail my fellow Geologists!!!!!!

Dear Ojap good to have you hear.ill be happy to hear from you. I am HND graduate EE and presently running a post graduate in instrumentation -should have completed by now if not for ASSU.I want to go for a mud engineering training and wish to know if it is a nice move and and other area of expansion in the field .Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 8:10pm On Dec 04, 2013
Some many events had been taking place in Lag even the last AAPG/NAPE conference. I suggest we change venue, so I go for PH.

PH
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 6:23am On Dec 05, 2013
pls where is 2sexy and others, we need thy votes so far.
PH - 1vote
delta - 1vote
lagos - 3 votes

lets keep it going deadline is sat, 23:00hrs. thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by opella(f): 8:29am On Dec 05, 2013
I vote ph city
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 05, 2013
PH
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 05, 2013
ideology: pls where is 2sexy and others, we need thy votes so far.
PH - 1vote
delta - 1vote
lagos - 3 votes

lets keep it going deadline is sat, 23:00hrs. thanks
sorry boss. Been bust with PPA exam and marking.

I vote Delt State
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Udochee(m): 10:59am On Dec 05, 2013
Makin my endorsement...lagos

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 2:27pm On Dec 05, 2013
PH city- 3votes
delta - 2 votes
lagos - 4 votes
I love this lets keep it rolling!!!
deadline sat 11.59pm or 23.00hrs
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2013
lagos......! center of excellence!

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Beehandz(m): 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
Lag

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2013
PH city- 3votes
delta - 2 votes
lagos - 6 votes

deadline sat 11.59pm or 23.00hr

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.