Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (169129 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by chinoxdaniels(m): 9:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
imag5: not a good move bro,chemical engineering is tight and you can still work on the rig,just get yourself ready when you graduate you go for mud engineering course then you are balance and pls work hard minimum of 2.1,durning. My days in school I made 2.1 in geophysics and that was my first step in being a consultant......
. Um Mr image 5 9c job hia I must...I gota questn 4 u tho. if in a situation one is offered admission 2 study physics with applied geophysics as the option and at d same time environmental engineering...which wld b d beta to chus from,and y is dt pls...xpectin ur reply tanx...replies 4rm odas wld b grtfuly acpeted as wel tanx
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Khodry(m): 9:03am On Nov 26, 2013
Hello aus,please PDMS or Autocad which is more relevant to oil firms
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 26, 2013
chinoxdaniels: . Um Mr image 5 9c job hia I must...I gota questn 4 u tho. if in a situation one is offered admission 2 study physics with applied geophysics as the option and at d same time environmental engineering...which wld b d beta to chus from,and y is dt pls...xpectin ur reply tanx...replies 4rm odas wld b grtfuly acpeted as wel tanx
both are nice and interesting to study..what you should be thinking about is the grade you will come out with....1st or 2.1
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 26, 2013
Khodry: Hello aus,please PDMS or Autocad which is more relevant to oil firms
PDMs is more though AutoCAD is in small scale....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Flurluv: 10:14am On Nov 26, 2013
good mrn great minds,my name is flourish a geology student in oau please i need a mentor in this field..........
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 11:07am On Nov 26, 2013
Flurluv: good mrn great minds,my name is flourish a geology student in oau please i need a mentor in this field..........
welcome aboard, wat part please?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 26, 2013
Thinking of organising geology and geophysics Get together....comprises of undergraduate, graduate..professionals will be coming to give you tips and other relevant body.such as Nebosh trainer,mud expert and many more..maybe next year if you buy this idea click like...so that will can start planing towards it....imag click like if you agree

17 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Flurluv: 7:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
I_am_strata: welcome aboard, wat part please?
....im in part one
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 8:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Flurluv: ....im in part one
interesting...... Jez focus on ur white house courses for now. It gets pretty tight from second year upwards but u can leverage up with your cgpa from 100 level. Choice is yours. Are u in geophysics or geology?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Flurluv: 10:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
I_am_strata: interesting...... Jez focus on ur white house courses for now. It gets pretty tight from second year upwards but u can leverage up with your cgpa from 100 level. Choice is yours. Are u in geophysics or geology?
geology
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2013
Flurluv: geology
ok, i finished from geophysics myself. Your welcome aboard once again. Feel free to mingle and learn while also catching fun.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Flurluv: 7:52am On Nov 27, 2013
I_am_strata: ok, i finished from geophysics myself. Your welcome aboard once again. Feel free to mingle and learn while also catching fun.
thankz alot
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 9:56am On Nov 27, 2013
pls for those that are still naive in Geology and Engineering field and have not known much about course certificates.

Can someone quickly explain these programms for the benefit of young students here, because after browsing it in google, i still could not get an explicit answer.

(1) HSE COURSES
(2) NEBOSH
(3) MUD ENGINEERING
(4) OFFSHORE TECHNOLOGY
(5) DRILLING OPERATIONS.

which of these courses is highly needed in the oil and gas companies and what is the average normal duration to complete learning these courses?
And which of the courses is necesary for a Geologist to learn.

when i browsed about those courses they kept on telling me to come and do the said program in their institute without taking time to atleast explain what the programme is all about.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by tomtyte02(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2013
Im a newly admitted student Of Geology (0AU). Bt i have my Diploma in Geology already From The Polytechnic Ibadan. I must say that Geology is a great course and im deeply interested in it. Please i'v been hearing dif stuffs abt Geology in OAU claiming its deadly ova dere and stuffs. Pls hw true is this? Also is it possible to graduate with first class? Also,why is Geology 5years and not 4years?? Thanks you loads
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
tomtyte02: Im a newly admitted student Of Geology (0AU). Bt i have my Diploma in Geology already From The Polytechnic Ibadan. I must say that Geology is a great course and im deeply interested in it. Please i'v been hearing dif stuffs abt Geology in OAU claiming its deadly ova dere and stuffs. Pls hw true is this? Also is it possible to graduate with first class? Also,why is Geology 5years and not 4years?? Thanks you loads
first of all, geology is 4 years in ife and not 5 (we usually say 4+x years with x depending on you or the system). To excel there, you just have to beat the 'system'. Yes, you can make a first class from there. I personally know the likes of fadugba and gbadamosi who both finished with a 1st class in 2010 and of course ayeni who i consider a role model for every geophysicist from that place. Nothin good comes easy bro

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by tomtyte02(m): 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2013
I_am_strata: first of all, geology is 4 years in ife and not 5 (we usually say 4+x years with x depending on you or the system). To excel there, you just have to beat the 'system'. Yes, you can make a first class from there. I personally know the likes of fadugba and gbadamosi who both finished with a 1st class in 2010 and of course ayeni who i consider a role model for every geophysicist from that place. Nothin good comes easy bro

Thanks alot sir. Im glad to knw dev been having First class bt its rear sha. Please what do you mean by beating the system? Explain better please. Thanks
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by bamiDee1(m): 5:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
ohhhh! This NL is so beautiful and educative. How I wish I had been informed since 2008 when I gained admission 2 read physics. But it's alot beta and relieved now that I'm fully aware and involved.

Please all, is their anyone who read Physics as first degree and now well grounded in the oil sector? I mean ppl who knows the nicks and criterias to get to the top in this field......'' I really need tutors to brace me up.

Also, I'd love to do my youth service in an oil firm.... Pls somebody help me out.

God bless you all

Thanks. Awaiting your good responses
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
Once again thanks for the like it shows that we are going to Host the biggest and the first ever Geoscience get together...next year Gods willing,...pls I need your contributions as where our location of the meeting will be...enough and also volunteers that will assist us in getting this project done...My mission and purpose in lives is to put smiles in peoples face within my power,thank you NL for such privilege... Will be watin for your suggestion...I need organising committee

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by bamiDee1(m): 8:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
@Imag5. I'm interested in joining the organising commitee pls.

As per d venue, I suggest we use an hotel in the heartbeat...Island/Mainland of lagos that wont cost us too much....
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
bamiDee1: @Imag5. I'm interested in joining the organising commitee pls.

As per d venue, I suggest we use an hotel in the heartbeat...Island/Mainland of lagos that wont cost us too much....
noted
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2013
imag5: noted
suggestions
venue- shd be be close to where most of the Resource persons are staying except otherwise
time- period of the year when most people would be free probably holiday
publicity- every possible medium
sponsors and resource person??. . .
but let look at cutting cost to the nearest minimum.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2013
ideology:
suggestions
venue- shd be be close to where most of the Resource persons are staying except otherwise
thanks for the info..yeah thinking about Lagos,pH or delta and also theme of of the meeting,advertisements and so on...and also probabily in may,am off to Angola for a project when am back we discuss more...let chat on whatsap
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 12:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
imag5: thanks for the info..yeah thinking about Lagos,pH or delta and also theme of of the meeting,advertisements and so on...and also probabily in may,am off to Angola for a project when am back we discuss more...let chat on whatsap
ok
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by psychu: 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
imag5: Do u know that the future of geology and geophysics in nigeria is getting brighter everyday,if u have cash here is another tip,if u love processing u can go to Oman and learn a course called signal processing or converting signal to noise for one month and bet u u will be a selfmade billonaire....with 700k u dont need to work with shell,chevron to be recognised in Geoworld.....guys are making it big...the future belongs to those who are well prepared......umf

please I am interested in processing, kindly give me the link so I can check it out.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 9:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
Am interested in being part of the organizing committee! It's time we join hand together and achieve a better goal! Any contibution one is capable of, let the person not hesitate! This will help us advance in our careers alongside our nation.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Juvante(m): 10:30pm On Nov 30, 2013
As per publicity, I can do my little part as per contacting some of my connections on LinkedIn,to see if they will be interested in doing their little part in areas like presentations, career fairs,etc. I am in. As per venue, I might be biased but I think it will be easier for many people to take part if it is held in any of the Niger Delta states,perhaps Delta or Rivers!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2013
Juvante: As per publicity, I can do my little part as per contacting some of my connections on LinkedIn,to see if they will be interested in doing their little part in areas like presentations, career fairs,etc. I am in. As per venue, I might be biased but I think it will be easier for many people to take part if it is held in any of the Niger Delta states,perhaps Delta or Rivers!
alright lets see how it goes, image is out of the country now, till he returns from Angola before concrete plans will start, pls drop your phone numbers
mine
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
In Him, we have lived. In Him, we have moved.
In Him, we've had our being. From January till December, He did it all!! Keep counting the blessings, amen. Welcome to December!!

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Maths125(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
@imag5, I am very insrested but the only obstacles is am a fresher of Uniben 2013/14(industrial mathematics) though my dream to work in oil company. am I also welcom?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Maths125(m): 1:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
imag5: thanks for the info..yeah thinking about Lagos,pH or delta and also theme of of the meeting,advertisements and so on...and also probabily in may,am off to Angola for a project when am back we discuss more...let chat on whatsap
. We ar looking forward to dat day.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2013
Maths125: @imag5, I am very insrested but the only obstacles is am a fresher of Uniben 2013/14(industrial mathematics) though my dream to work in oil company. am I also welcom?
welcome on board...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Maths125(m): 2:45pm On Dec 01, 2013
ideology:
suggestions
. Please, update us when you and others have choose the venue. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.