Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,118 members, 7,828,985 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (169125 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iaz93: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ezegozie:

making 2.1 (mostly but not always above 4.0)

buy the Msc form (around 20,000)

write the aptitute test and pass.
Come for ora interview and pass.
spending the controversial #2,300,000.00 which i still find very hard to believe even if na the whole uniport i wan buy, like my friend REDBENSON said
i also heard dat you can apply for scholarships (though for those with Almighty Bsc GP probably 1st class)

that is what i am told, though i will still verify during my NYSC period, because i have been having nightmares ever since i heard 2.3 million naira inshort telling my dad about the amount is an easy way to make him laugh so loud, i may use that amount to make him laugh this December.

Gozie=Dad Happy xtmas
DAD=wish you the same my son
Gozie=Dad, i want to do my Msc in Uniport
DAD=alrite, that's very good..i heard it is a very school
Gozie=But Dad, there is a problem, the school fees is...
DAD=I told you that school fees is not the problem, i can single handedly train you even to Ph.D,, so tell me the amount.
Gozie=The school fees is 2.3million
DAD=What!!,hahahahahahahah
Gozie=why laughing Dad.
DAD=No, my Doctor told me to always laugh especially when talking with somebody that is not serious

Bro, you funny! gringringrin

Thanks! I appreciate.
Please, help me with their site.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by oote: 2:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Whatsapp me
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ezegozie:

making 2.1 (mostly but not always above 4.0)

buy the Msc form (around 20,000)

write the aptitute test and pass.
Come for ora interview and pass.
spending the controversial #2,300,000.00 which i still find very hard to believe even if na the whole uniport i wan buy, like my friend REDBENSON said
i also heard dat you can apply for scholarships (though for those with Almighty Bsc GP probably 1st class)

that is what i am told, though i will still verify during my NYSC period, because i have been having nightmares ever since i heard 2.3 million naira inshort telling my dad about the amount is an easy way to make him laugh so loud, i may use that amount to make him laugh this December.

Gozie=Dad Happy xtmas
DAD=wish you the same my son
Gozie=Dad, i want to do my Msc in Uniport
DAD=alrite, that's very good..i heard it is a very school
Gozie=But Dad, there is a problem, the school fees is...
DAD=I told you that school fees is not the problem, i can single handedly train you even to Ph.D,, so tell me the amount.
Gozie=The school fees is 2.3million
DAD=What!!,hahahahahahahah
Gozie=why laughing Dad.
DAD=No, my Doctor told me to always laugh especially when talking with somebody that is not serious

what if he surprises you with the cash on your birthday after your NYSC.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
chibzu: Hello,pls i need good answers to this question. I am an undergraduate in one of the Nigerian Universities studying pet. eng. i really want to have additional qualifications apart from the normal school course. My question is, is it right to have additional while in school or after school? and which one would be relevant to my field that i should take seriously?
I would advise do any course after your project defence in your final year, doing extra courses during school periods will be distracting. inStead you can be active in other extra-curricular activities like fellowships, SPE, others but not palm wine drinkers club. I have a colleague that finished with 4.46 from physics department, he's case is different Sha, he was running some business to sustain himself thru school. we call him prof. the university have offered to retain him, though he has turned down the offer for now, he believes its too early to be a lecturer besides it will slow him down and his vision.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by almaliki: 11:58am On Nov 21, 2013
Job Reference: WS\1047
Job Title: Marine Seismic Processors (All levels)
Job Location: UK, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Open To: All Nationalities
Salary: From: 35K To: 55K (GBP) OTE £40K - £65K

Job Overview:
A recognised leader in the field of cutting-edge seismic imaging technologies, services, and solutions for the global oil & gas industry seeks numerous Marine Seismic Processors at different levels to meet their growing demand for seismic imaging services. Applicants are invited with marine seismic processing experience, preferably in pre-migration conditioning through to state of the art depth migration. Full training provided in technologies used, work practices and processes. The role offers a great deal of opportunities, quickly introducing you to the full range of seismic challenges and leading industry standard and proprietary technologies. Opportunities exists for overseas assignments...

The Company lead the way in developing and using advanced marine imaging techniques, for example de-multiple techniques, velocity modelling, PSTM, PSDM and sub-salt imaging. Their integrated service approach involves the whole seismic process, including seismic acquisition, pre-migration time and depth processing and imaging, 4D, multi-component and attribute analysis of seismic data. They are recognised as offering leading processing consulting services to their clients and have offices, processing centres, and joint ventures around the world.

In this role, you will use your proven experience to work on seismic imaging projects, including pre-migration conditioning through to state-of-the-art depth migration. Working alongside some of the most respected processing geophysicists in the industry, on technically demanding projects, you will quickly gain exposure to a wide range of seismic data, challenges and practices, whilst using leading geophysical technologies.

Job Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader this role encompasses many tasks including:

Become competent in the use of the Company’s technologies, workflows and practices.
Undertake various pre-migration processing and/or imaging tasks. Data processed is from both Marine and Land and increasingly will involve full wave acquisition, which measures both P and S waves.
Process marine 3D seismic data using Landmark’s processing application ‘Promax’ and the company’s proprietary software.
As you progress in your career, undertake more responsibilities and tasks. Manage your work own project tasks and be able to work independently.
Undertake projects relating to land and multicomponent processing.
Be proactive in improving your knowledge base, seeking advice from your senior team members, and applying good work practices.
Support graduate level processors – promoting technically sound processing practices.
Strive to achieve a high level of satisfaction at all stages of your tasks.
Keep abreast of current industry processing trends and practices and share these developments with team members.

This role offers an opportunity to work in a premium team of seismic geophysicist, where you will be trained, challenged and given the scope to progress your career quickly working for a leading seismic imaging Company. As the company has offices, processing centres, and joint ventures around the world, there is potential for international positions as you expand your knowledge/skills base.

Candidate Requirements:
The successful candidate will have:

A Degree in Geophysics, Physics or related Discipline essential. Geophysics preferred.
A minimum of 3 years hands on experience in processing 3D Marine data essential. The Company is looking for a range of expertise.
Exposure to Land and multicomponent processing would be helpful – full training provided.
Exposure to/knowledge of the full seismic imaging process highly desirable – from pre-migration conditioning through to time and depth migration.
The ability to understand client objectives and constraints is important in delivering the best technical solution.
Experienced in using a mainstream industry processing application such as Promax (highly desirable), GeoDepth, Omega, GeoVecteur, Focus, etc. essential.
Excellent team player with the ability to work independently and all levels in the Company to achieve goals essential.
Highly flexible – ability to adapt to new project challenges, technologies and work practices.
Ambition to succeed and advance your career taking on and delivering more challenging processing projects.
Articulate, with the ability to discuss technical finding in a clear and concise manner essential.
Strong appreciation of professional service delivery from requirement definition to delivery to end-client.
Knowledge of AVO, attribute analysis and/or interpretative processing, highly advantageous.
Motivated and enthusiastic with a positive approach.
Good interpersonal skills.
Strong communication skills.
Must be service orientated.
Willingness to travel.

Other Information:
Salary: The Company is looking for a range of expertise and a base salary of £35K-£55K plus commission delivering potential earnings of £40K-£65K plus Company benefits is on offer dependent on skills and experience. There may be some flexibility on salary for a high calibre candidate.

login to www.workingsmart.co.uk to apply
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
ideology:
what if he surprises you with the cash on your birthday after your NYSC.

i doubt if he has such kind of money...
But if he does, i will be the happiest guy on earth

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Job Reference: WS\1047
Job Title: Marine Seismic Processors (All levels)
Job Location: UK, Surrey
Job Type: Permanent
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Open To: All Nationalities Salary: From: 35K To: 55K (GBP) OTE £40K - £65K

thats a nice pay, its average of #830,000 monthly when converted to naira.
but
TAX ALONE will eat deep into you salary....in Norway alone they pay around 32% for income tax, and then you pay for property tax also...
And 32% of 830,000 is 265,600
then you substract #265,600 from #830,000 and that becomes #564400 ,,,,then you substract money for feeding, bills (house rent, electricity, insurance etc) and also for your property tax ,.and if you dare try to hide some property, you end up being sued for tax aversion which is a heinous crime over there.
and sometimes case of racism

Truely, i prefer working here in Nigeria to working in another man's land....atleast i can invest my savings in other business and have multiple source of income without any conspicous tax....

I am just praying for God to give me even a 200,000 naira job after graduation, then with God by my side, i will teach some abroad infested Nigerians that Nigeria is a land of business opportunities.....it only demands your Biz tactis and God's grace.

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
Good afternoon house hope you guys are winning.. remember it not over untill you win...cheers
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by pascal2young(m): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2013
Pls.....hw nice is doin IT in Petroleum Training Institute (PTI)
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
I can't say for sure but while I was still there some other dudes took up the position.

Have you tried any oil servicing company within Warri or Portharcourt? Trust me, it would be far more profitable to do it there than PTI because you will have the chance of meeting with industry experts who would teach you the basics and in simpler form.

pascal2young: Pls.....hw nice is doin IT in Petroleum Training Institute (PTI)
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 10:14am On Nov 23, 2013
prof e.o.o:
. My brother,such is not unique. To unizik alone. Uniport last graduated a first class way back in 1986 ,bt that does nt mean there has nt been a first class material since then. Notwithstanding,when u re gud, u dont nid to be covered with a first class garment,all u nid is a sound 2.1,yr brain nd most importantly God. We can always take some positives from those "sadist lecturers",as they help to shape u 4 a world where people hardly appreciates hard-work. It pays to kw what u're doing

1986 ? Jesus xrist, that is 4 yrs before i was born.

This uniport self.....
They have lots of wonders

(1) wonder of accepting 2.3 million for Msc.

(2) wonder of producing the last 1st class in geology far back as 1986.

Hmmmmmm, anyway sha, i love the school sha....i love a place that is near to oil....where i can be percieving oil as i am doing Msc
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by profeoo(m): 4:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ezegozie:

1986 ? Jesus xrist, that is 4 yrs before i was born.

This uniport self.....
They have lots of wonders

(1) wonder of accepting 2.3 million for Msc.

(2) wonder of producing the last 1st class in geology far back as 1986.

Hmmmmmm, anyway sha, i love the school sha....i love a place that is near to oil....where i can be percieving oil as i am doing Msc
yea,that's y it is called "unique uniport”. Well some things are being corrected nw,such that in 3years to come,a first class student MAY b̶̲̥̅̊
produced from geology
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 6:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
prof e.o.o:
yea,that's y it is called "unique uniport”. Well some things are being corrected nw,such that in 3years to come,a first class student MAY b̶̲̥̅̊
produced from geology

hmm unique indeed, when their uniqueness doesn't yield 1st class students and subsidize the Msc fee for the less priviledged....S:M:H
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
Ezegozie:

hmm unique indeed, when their uniqueness doesn't yieltheir d 1st class students and subsidize the Msc fee for the less priviledged....S:M:H
their departmental sch fees is OK...100k, IPS is a different sch though it located inside uniport
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 7:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
imag5: their departmental sch fees is OK...100k, IPS is a different sch though it located inside uniport
Outside uniport.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by honestpoju: 1:03am On Nov 24, 2013
@you all. I am a graduate of yabatech HND CHEMISTRY.I wana go for a career in oil and gas.i need advice on courses and certificatna i can start off with. I am actually considering safety and env.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Benedictus90: 9:00am On Nov 24, 2013
please fellow geos, I need schlum software or ip2win software to analyse ves data for water prospecting. please help a fellow. thanks a lot
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 24, 2013
Was anyone able to download the Non-technical Guide book I gave? Someone should indicate, please so I know it worked.

Thank you!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 2:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
Benedictus90: please fellow geos, I need schlum software or ip2win software to analyse ves data for water prospecting. please help a fellow. thanks a lot
have you done partial modelling (curve matching)? Then all u need is winresist software to invert the result and get ur geoelectric parameters.
Or u could do forward modelling with ip2win software which can be downloaded on the internet for free. Contact me if u need more help
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Benedictus90: 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2013
@I_am_strata. thanks a lot for your quick response.
I would prefer doing the forward modelling with ip2win software. kindly send me the software please.
I won't mind the schlum too.
again thanks a lot.I appreciate.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 5:06pm On Nov 24, 2013
Benedictus90: @I_am_strata. thanks a lot for your quick response.
I would prefer doing the forward modelling with ip2win software. kindly send me the software please.
sorry boss, i was taught the old fashion way and it seems to work for me. Jez that i can't find companies in lagos where i could put it to use before nysc.
As for the software ip2win, i do not v it anymore. I only got winglink (demo version) and res2mod by my loke (dont use any really)
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 6:05pm On Nov 24, 2013
I_am_strata: sorry boss, i was taught the old fashion way and it seems to work for me. Jez that i can't find companies in lagos where i could put it to use before nysc.
As for the software ip2win, i do not v it anymore. I only got winglink (demo version) and res2mod by my loke (dont use any really)
pls strata, would love to have anyone even though its a demo, thanks @ hopeman4all@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 6:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
2s£xy:
Was anyone able to download the Non-technical Guide book I gave? Someone should indicate, please so I know it worked.

Thank you!
NO! i tried no way! can u mail it to me?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by jazinogold(m): 6:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
Benedictus90: please fellow geos, I need schlum software or ip2win software to analyse ves data for water prospecting. please help a fellow. thanks a lot
bros cant u interprete it manually using a theoritical graph...dats wat i used to interprete my VES data and modelling b4 i used the ip2win or ix1d software to just cross check n make it neat n presentable.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 8:51pm On Nov 24, 2013
jazinogold: bros cant u interprete it manually using a theoritical graph...dats wat i used to interprete my VES data and modelling b4 i used the ip2win or ix1d software to just cross check n make it neat n presentable.
when you said 'theoretical graph' do u mean partial curve matching? and if not, could you explain this 'new' method.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by addictiv(m): 10:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
jazinogold: NO! i tried no way! can u mail it to me?
Me too. Was only able to get the table of content.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Beehandz(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
G'day all,

I was able to download the opendect software and run it successfully on my pc.
Pls can any1 inbox me study materials on it?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 3:08pm On Nov 25, 2013
Benedictus90: @I_am_strata. thanks a lot for your quick response.
http://geophys.geol.msu.ru/ipi2win.htm
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Benedictus90: 3:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
I_am_strata: http://geophys.geol.msu.ru/ipi2win.htm
thanks a lot. I will check out the download link
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Benedictus90: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
jazinogold: bros cant u interprete it manually using a theoritical graph...dats wat i used to interprete my VES data and modelling b4 i used the ip2win or ix1d software to just cross check n make it neat n presentable.
can you please send me the ix1d software.
thanks a lot.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Iamstrata(m): 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
Beehandz: G'day all,

I was able to download the opendect software and run it successfully on my pc.
Pls can any1 inbox me study materials on it?
http://dgbes.com/index.php/support.html
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Beehandz(m): 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.