Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,808 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah (21903 Views)

Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result / PDP Chairman Tender Letter For Resignation [Unconfirmed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by redsun(m): 11:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
I think the senators themselves should also resign and commit suicide,because they too are abysmal failures,ruthlessly robbing nigerians of their hard earn resources in the name of wages and allowances for looting,fighting,terrorism and paedophilia.They are one of the epitomes of nigerian diseases like fani and of course a minister that can not maintain safe airways and crafts.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by kettykin: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
Femi Fani Kayode was a minister of Aviation from Kayode 2006 to may 2007 for a meagre 6 months a short period under which the worst type of Nepotism was witnessed in Nigeria where the Aviation industry was flooded by people from ile ife in osun state who had no training or basics to work in the industry, under the same period a whopping sum of N19b was missing and mismanaged to the chagrin of nigerian Senate.
This period also was fraught with all manner of politics where 3 airlines had plane crashes while 2 of them sosoliso owned by an igbo and ADC owned by an Efic were banned Belview whose crash recorded 100% casualty was allowed to fly the nigerian airspace under the guise that investigation was not complete.
Today the capitalisation of Airlines orchestrated by the same FFK has turned out to be another money laundering gimmick used to fool gullible Nigerians.
Air Nigeria that benefited and pocketed the sum of N38b has closed shop with the owner on self imposed exile while EFCC and self appointed watch dogs like wole soyinka, femi falana, FFK look the other way.
The Belview airline which FFK allowed to fly despite inflicting hundreds of nigerian families unwanted sorrows has equally closed shop and has been bought over by tinubu as first nation.
How on earth can someone compare and assess the performance of Femi Fani Kayode a minister of aviation for 6 months at a time when nigerians stopped flying as a result of loss of confidence in the aviation industry and compare it with the performance of esther Odua at a time when confidence is high in the Aviation industry with new general aviation terminals built and new international airport built and an all time high flying experience of nigerian private jet owners more than 400 in all.

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by kshowhanif: 12:23am On Oct 11, 2013
dmalam:

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/top-stories/7222-senators-call-for-resignation-of-aviation-minister
broda & sister, who dey clamb plane? Na them them(minister, senetor, governor, president, commisioners etc). How many million people don die for road accident wey them go fit avat if them no chop the money for the road contract. i just pray say 1 day make ol of them clamb 1 plane, make the plane crash weda we go see chance drink water.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 11, 2013
kshowhanif:
broda & sister, who dey clamb plane? Na them them(minister, senetor, governor, president, commisioners etc). How many million people don die for road accident wey them go fit avat if them no chop the money for the road contract. i just pray say 1 day make ol of them clamb 1 plane, make the plane crash weda we go see chance drink water.
ha ha ha ha ha....one day u go bcm one of the above mentioned and smbody smwhr wl be prayin dt u crash too
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by agbameta: 1:08am On Oct 11, 2013
kettykin: Femi Fani Kayode was a minister of Aviation from Kayode 2006 to may 2007 for a meagre 6 months a short period under which the worst type of Nepotism was witnessed in Nigeria where the Aviation industry was flooded by people from ile ife in osun state who had no training or basics to work in the industry, under the same period a whopping sum of N19b was missing and mismanaged to the chagrin of nigerian Senate.
This period also was fraught with all manner of politics where 3 airlines had plane crashes while 2 of them sosoliso owned by an igbo and ADC owned by an Efic were banned Belview whose crash recorded 100% casualty was allowed to fly the nigerian airspace under the guise that investigation was not complete.
Today the capitalisation of Airlines orchestrated by the same FFK has turned out to be another money laundering gimmick used to fool gullible Nigerians.
Air Nigeria that benefited and pocketed the sum of N38b has closed shop with the owner on self imposed exile while EFCC and self appointed watch dogs like wole soyinka, femi falana, FFK look the other way.
The Belview airline which FFK allowed to fly despite inflicting hundreds of nigerian families unwanted sorrows has equally closed shop and has been bought over by tinubu as first nation.
How on earth can someone compare and assess the performance of Femi Fani Kayode a minister of aviation for 6 months at a time when nigerians stopped flying as a result of loss of confidence in the aviation industry and compare it with the performance of esther Odua at a time when confidence is high in the Aviation industry with new general aviation terminals built and new international airport built and an all time high flying experience of nigerian private jet owners more than 400 in all.

Unfortunately for you and your cheap rant, FFk is not the current aviation minister, he's not even a public official and this plane crash has nothing to do with him so why are you ranting on and on about FFK? The same silly distraction and dodging accountability game right?

At the end of the day, the blood of over 200 dead Nigerians are on stella`s hands, not FFK`s hands.. what about that for reality. ?
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by sonymerlot: 1:46am On Oct 11, 2013
@Warri Pikin in post ……..You asked some very good questions somewhere in your posts there!!!!! All these people should be sacked forthwith without any questions asked!!!! The Fola Akinkuotu guy must be sacked no matter what ( if his job is linked in some way to oversee certain things that has to do with airplane flying in Nigeria.
We should never mind or entertain a person of Femi Fani-Kayode or whatever he calls himself. He is Yoruba and I am Yoruba myself………..and if anybody wish to know..i was raised in his (FFK’s Ile Ife).

We should always strive to ensure that if something goes wrong within the branches..........then, the fault lies in the head!!
The head must have given an okay (expressly or in person, implied or whatever angry angry) to anybody's appointment in his or her ministry!

YES-the Oduah Woman made efforts in ensuring that Nigeria has some form of nice Image (in terms of facial developments in our airports). However, SERVICE and COMPLIANCE is where the problems is angry > She should work on that no matter what! These things go hand in hand........It is never enough when you provide a PRODUCT and not provide the SERVICE ( that is needed) to drive your efforts to the end angry
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by dbride: 5:38am On Oct 11, 2013
All defenders of Stella Oduah agree that the fault is with NCAA, yet the one they defend is convinced the accident was an act of God. Defenders, I ask, why are you defending Stella who clearly does not recognize there is a fault and where that fault lies? This is the issue in question. You see the fault in NCAA, Stella sees the fault with God (absolves NCAA from blame)! She is protecting NCAA, you are blaming NCAA. Stella and her defenders are even at loggerheads! Tribalism sucks!

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Decryptor(m): 5:42am On Oct 11, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: [size=15pt]All these useless Yoruba/ APC bigots.

In all of Nigeria's history even when Ministers like Fani Kayode licensed planes for their girlfriends to fly airline businesses, when was an Aviation Minister ever asked to resign because of an aircrash? But because Madam Stella Oduah is Igbo, now she must resign,even when NCAA and not the minister is responsible for licensing planes.

If they are not doing their campaign of calumny against Dr. Okonjo Iweala,it will be against Diezani K. Alison-Madueke or Stella Otti.

Why not ask Omobola Johnson, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade, Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide, Akinwumi Adeshina and Olusegun Aganga to resign for their lacklustre performance in government?

Anyhow, like Okonjo Iweala told them recently " I serve at the pleasure of the President who appointed me and who shall relieve me of the appointment when my performance falls below his expectation" Simply put, SORRY, I WILL NOT RESIGN FOR SHAMELESS TRIBALISTS AND BIGOTS!
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 LIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Nairaland's comment of the year grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Decryptor(m): 5:48am On Oct 11, 2013
berem: I will continue to defend FFK because he did so much for the aviation sector within his short stay in office. I admire competency and have absolute no regard for clueless antics. You can continue wallowing in your bigoted sentiments. That's your phucking business. If the present Aviation minister was from another ethnic group,you and other bigots would have been the ones screaming and making noise on this forum. But its all good because she is our sister. Very pathetic! angry

Just because your governor is an Agbero Party Congress member, you have decided to turn yourself into an ohemmanu butt-licker abi? Please complete your ignoramus-cious behavior by divorcing your husband and marrying a yoruba man. Capital MUMU!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 5:54am On Oct 11, 2013
Did she really say that?! I would have ran up to her & given her a kiss if I were there - at times you just have to tell these bigots to their faces that they cant do squat; except blow hot air of course.

Anyhoo... igbophobia is not new shaa... they wouldn't give credit to whom and as when due when great acheivements are made.... at times I feel the performers sacrificing for the good and development of the country whom are not appreciated really should have played the same dirty game their predecessors did.... GEJ is making a breakthrough in the power sector, he easily could have helped himself to10 billion or more as Obasanjo did.... but what does he get? Name calling and blind tribalism....

But anyway, God dey shaa... I pray he blesses them and crowns their efforts with success, rewarding them according to their deeds... both the good, the bad, and the ugly/evil...

Chima_Adeoye: [size=15pt]All these useless Yoruba/ APC bigots.

In all of Nigeria's history even when Ministers like Fani Kayode licensed planes for their girlfriends to fly airline businesses, when was an Aviation Minister ever asked to resign because of an aircrash? But because Madam Stella Oduah is Igbo, now she must resign,even when NCAA and not the minister is responsible for licensing planes.

If they are not doing their campaign of calumny against Dr. Okonjo Iweala,it will be against Diezani K. Alison-Madueke or Stella Otti.

Why not ask Omobola Johnson, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade, Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide, Akinwumi Adeshina and Olusegun Aganga to resign for their lacklustre performance in government?

Anyhow, like Okonjo Iweala told them recently " I serve at the pleasure of the President who appointed me and who shall relieve me of the appointment when my performance falls below his expectation" Simply put, SORRY, I WILL NOT RESIGN FOR SHAMELESS TRIBALISTS AND BIGOTS!
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Decryptor(m): 5:57am On Oct 11, 2013
berem: I will continue to defend FFK because he did so much for the aviation sector within his short stay in office. I admire competency and have absolute no regard for clueless antics. You can continue wallowing in your bigoted sentiments. That's your phucking business. If the present Aviation minister was from another ethnic group,you and other bigots would have been the ones screaming and making noise on this forum. But its all good because she is our sister. Very pathetic! angry
Now i see...this could be a ploy to become a moderator in Nairaland abi? I am highly ashamed of you. You are among the persons responsible for the perpetual stagnation of ibos in this country! Seun, you've heard her....pls make her a moderator just like Afam. Saboteur!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 6:04am On Oct 11, 2013
wasn't it FFK? Try again.
Symphony007: before you decend into your tribal demeanor. Note that the first person to call for her resignation is eke ekweremadu. The deputy senate president and a fellow igbo.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 6:20am On Oct 11, 2013
Omo Yoruba, people that reason you have on this issue are best ignored, but I will try anyways, try to help you see or understand that when she says "act of God" (she assumed she was talking to intelligent people it seems, i'd have used a more simple sentence/phrase), what she meant is that it is not possible to have a perfect system. You can do all the best you can, but doesn't Murphy's law state that if there is a possibility that something will go wrong, that it will?

Granted there may be one, too many accidents, but in such a situation, finding where something went wrong in each case is what you do - and you sure cant tell me that a minister ministers action or lack thereof, is always the case of these mishaps....

say the pilot who is an expert and licensed etc... has a slight error in judgement.... there, an accident cold happen....

the bottom line is that ... the insurance people refer to an "act of God" as cases that are very unpredictable and beneat their control... s I am sure she meant that she can not, and should not, be the one blamed for something that went wrong in an area or section that is not meccessarily in her direct supervision...

I hope my effort pays off... read it over again...

odabo...
berem: I am highly disappointed at your comments. I can't believe you and some other Igbo bigots will be so tribalisitc about the appointment of Stella Oduah as minister. You should know on records that Igbos have lost more lives in the air crash than any other ethnic group during her tenure. The Dana air crash is a perfect example. What do you say about that? Not because you didn't lose a loved one in any of the crash makes you care less about those who did. Sentiments aside, Stella should be fired immediately and another competent fellow be appointed. I don't really give a damn where the new minister should come from.All we want is no more crashes and loss of lives.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Kingspin(m): 6:21am On Oct 11, 2013
Ok some persons feel unhappy because she is the one Nigerians are Praising for her good work. That chamber is almost useless. It senseless for the senators to call for her resignature and what are they doing busy doing nothing, they should hurry up and resign first before othe public holders join them. They all have cause public mishap.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by dbride: 6:45am On Oct 11, 2013
remark D: Omo Yoruba, people that reason you have on this issue are best ignored, but I will try anyways, try to help you see or understand that when she says "act of God" (she assumed she was talking to intelligent people it seems, i'd have used a more simple sentence/phrase), what she meant is that it is not possible to have a perfect system. You can do all the best you can, but doesn't Murphy's law state that if there is a possibility that something will go wrong, that it will?

Granted there may be one, too many accidents, but in such a situation, finding where something went wrong in each case is what you do - and you sure cant tell me that a minister ministers action or lack thereof, is always the case of these mishaps....

say the pilot who is an expert and licensed etc... has a slight error in judgement.... there, an accident cold happen....

the bottom line is that ... the insurance people refer to an "act of God" as cases that are very unpredictable and beneat their control... s I am sure she meant that she can not, and should not, be the one blamed for something that went wrong in an area or section that is not meccessarily in her direct supervision...

odabo...

Oh my God, what are you saying here? What is wrong with your brain? What unintelligent remarks! Tribalism is truly a demon and demons never give up until they suck you in so you defeat them by IGNORING them, talking with demons is counter productive. Goodbye every demon possessed defender of incompetence. I am out.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 7:10am On Oct 11, 2013
[quote author=Italiano1]

Afam that analogy is not bright.

Now that's rich coming from you - the master of wrong and unapplicable analogies...
suddenly you can tell a "bright" and "unbright" analogy... mshewwww....
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 7:21am On Oct 11, 2013
[quote author=hercules07]

Read my posts very well, the NCAA, NAMA and other ogas should also be sacked along with the minister, even the Permanent secretary should go as well, for goodness sake, a provincial health minister here is under fire for allowing an old woman to be discharged at 2:30am from the hospital.

If he should stop digging holes then you should stop telling lies...
Did you even think of what you said before posting it? lol how can a minister be working by 2:30 AM, talkless of (directly) "allowing an old woman to be discharged at 2:30am from the hospital." Not even to add being "under fire"... fire from who? you? lol you're kinda funny, but lies like this piss me off cause i hate people intentionally (or maybe you unintentionally did it) misinforming/deceiving people with outright bold face lies...

Well, at least you didn't say they were calling for the minister's resignation grin gringringringringrin
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by djfaithy: 7:27am On Oct 11, 2013
luvmijeje: Am I the only one that read that 7 air mishaps occured under her watch? And some people still have the effrontery to play the tribal cards.
I don't blame her since those we elected don't have a clue on how to run a country.
. I tire ooooooo, and those guys even got 41, 14 and 13 likes respectively, but I don't blame them since member of their families were not in any of the crashes and since majority of the people that died in the last crash are yorubas,it will be so sweet for them to defend THIER SISTER, they've all forgotten than a rain that refuses to stop will soon become a flood, 7 crashes in 2 and half years and someone said its an act of God, still some people went ahead to defend her ...its heartbreaking
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2013
How can such a bright and intelligent comment come from you now but then some completely ridiculous and weird assertion at another time.... ?

grin gringringringrin
THis same thing can be said about the NCAA boss who was appointed to oversee a specific department that deals directly with what people are accusing the Aviation minister of. I'm not saying either the Aviation minister or even the NCAA boss should be fired. I'm just addressing the hypocrisy of some Nigerians. I'm even forced to agree with Odua's assertion to some extent which asserts that air crashes are "an act of God". This simply means that they can be a natural occurrence because even in advanced countries of the world where attention to detail is worshiped, planes crash. So, in as much as a little more effort from people at authority will help reduce the occurrence of crashes, they should not be sacked solely for that afterall cars crash all the time and at no time has the Ministers of Transport been sacked or has anyone called for their sack. The Aviation ministry goes beyond just airlines.[/quote]
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 7:57am On Oct 11, 2013
dbride:

Feyi Agagu reported he noticed a visible CRACK on the plane b4 take off and he quickly told Femi Akintunde to pray with him. Please go find out the implication of a crack on a plane, that plane cannot gather enough power to fly any higher, it loses control and crashes.

[b]Feyi Agagu noticed a visible crack inside the plane before take off..

Not to dispute his story as I have never been inside a private plane before (espcially an Embriar), but the last time I checked, a crack inside a plane does not necessarily translate into a crack in the Fuselage.

Unless Feyi can tell me the crack in the plane went thruogh the interior of the plane through to the outside (such that he could see the ground), then I'm sorry this story is hard to chew and blame as the cause of the crash..

Note: If Fuselage fatigue caused the crash, then we wouldnt be talking about engine stall as was reported to the Tower in the pilots Mayday call.. Secondly, the plane would have disintegrated in the air not on the ground.

I noticed gum was used to hold up the panel where your oxygen mask is supposed to drop from on that Bellview plane that crashed. I still remember that seat clearly as that was my last flight ever with Bellview. It was the last window seat in business class on left side of the plane and that seat was in permanent recline position. That plane crashed about 3 - 4 days after my flight with it from Accra - Lagos.
However, I cant blame that for the cause of the crash now can I?!

Point is:: Neither You nor Feyi are NTSB investigators.. Let them investigate and tell us wether it was fuselage fatigue, contaminated fuel, the plane wasnt air worthy, an act of God, human error, Regulators error or Shit just happened..

Until then Stella Oduah remains in charge. If you dont trust her competence, use Chisco or Ekene or better yet, take the trains...[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 9:03am On Oct 11, 2013
What is your opinion on the road mishaps on Federal roadsthat are/were in such a bad state .. and consequently took lives of many Nigerians... especially the lives claimed by that Benin-Ore express road.... did the sacking/resignation of any minister demanded? be honest and tell me what you think... let's for sure see if there is that 3rd side on your coin cheesy

3Dimension: Some folks will just pick dir fone and start typing nonsense because of dir tribal inclination...
How on earth will a plane mishap be blamed on God and u want nigerians to keep quiet? What is the no 1 priority of MR president himself if not the protection of lives and property of the populace.
What is the major reason why she is occupying that position if not to ensure safety and modalities in the aviation sector. If according to the senate..about 7 aviation accident (some avoided) had been recorded under two yrs then I don't think she has any idea on how to move the tide forward..

AIR MISHAP IS NOT A NATURAL DISASTER. IT IS HUMAN. IT IS COWARDICE TO BLAME AVOIDABLE PROBLEMS ON GOD. IT IS A SHAME !!!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 9:22am On Oct 11, 2013
As at page six (6) of this thread, the comment I am quoting below has been liked by two (2) people...

It sheds light on the events that the OP posted.... and it is clear Senator Ekweremadu was not demanding her being sacked... but why would the writer of that article paint a false picture of the intention of the Senator and that of his colleagues? isn't that a clear case of misinformation and mis-interpretation... and who is such representation targeted at? Perhaps those that love to play the ethnic game and say they are more concerned with competence...

Why is the truth always ignored and turned on its head when a particular ethnic group is concerned?

Its a bitter pill... one that only 2 people will like, in place of bigotry posts/comments that gets likes from over ten times the number of likes and appreciation for the truth these two posters have identified with

Please, may the two people that liked the post below, stand? A recognition of you two is in order... and depending your location, some materials/gifts might just be sent to your (house) mail box cheesy

May God help us see and identify with the truth... nothing like the truth smiley

You really shouldn't say that.
News reportage is like story telling, everyone tells it their way.
And, context is everything. This particular news deliberately failed to give the full text of what Ekweremadu said, preferring rather to let readers reach the logical conclusion that he is calling for Oduah's sack.
Truth is, he isn't.

Here's the full text:

The issue is that in some places, when something like this happens, people take responsibilities and resign. But as such things do not happen here, we will keep repeating ourselves. The problem here is about safety standards and not just the plane because the standards are same everywhere. There is the need to ensure that those responsible for the regulation of the industry do so,” Ekweremadu said.
Restating the reasons for the summon, Ekweremadu said: “We have tried a number of things including investigation, but the time has come to consider invoking power 67, Section 2 of our Constitution. We are inviting the Minister to brief us on the situation. It is not to indict anybody but to know what is happening in the aviation sector and how we can help to ensure that this does not continue.

We also need to make our roads and waterways safe and all these could be done if we do our works well[/quote]
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 11, 2013
remark D: Omo Yoruba, people that reason you have on this issue are best ignored, but I will try anyways, try to help you see or understand that when she says "act of God" (she assumed she was talking to intelligent people it seems, i'd have used a more simple sentence/phrase), what she meant is that it is not possible to have a perfect system. You can do all the best you can, but doesn't Murphy's law state that if there is a possibility that something will go wrong, that it will?

odabo...
How daft can you get! A plane crash an act of God? An act of God is something you absolutely have no control over, like an earthquake, a hurricane, a tsunami and stuff like that. Not when you allow rickety aircraft to fly while you are busy painting airports.
Tribalism is turning some of you to moro.ns. One more crash, not even Jonathan will be able to defend her.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 10:01am On Oct 11, 2013
remark D: As at page six (6) of this thread, the comment I am quoting below has been liked by two (2) people...

It sheds light on the events that the OP posted.... and it is clear Senator Ekweremadu was not demanding her being sacked... but why would the writer of that article paint a false picture of the intention of the Senator and that of his colleagues? isn't that a clear case of misinformation and mis-interpretation... and who is such representation targeted at? Perhaps those that love to play the ethnic game and say they are more concerned with competence...

Why is the truth always ignored and turned on its head when a particular ethnic group is concerned?

Its a bitter pill... one that only 2 people will like, in place of bigotry posts/comments that gets likes from over ten times the number of likes and appreciation for the truth these two posters have identified with

Please, may the two people that liked the post below, stand? A recognition of you two is in order... and depending your location, some materials/gifts might just be sent to your (house) mail box cheesy

May God help us see and identify with the truth... nothing like the truth smiley

You really shouldn't say that.
News reportage is like story telling, everyone tells it their way.
And, context is everything. This particular news deliberately failed to give the full text of what Ekweremadu said, preferring rather to let readers reach the logical conclusion that he is calling for Oduah's sack.
Truth is, he isn't.

Here's the full text:

The issue is that in some places, when something like this happens, people take responsibilities and resign. But as such things do not happen here, we will keep repeating ourselves. The problem here is about safety standards and not just the plane because the standards are same everywhere. There is the need to ensure that those responsible for the regulation of the industry do so,” Ekweremadu said.
Restating the reasons for the summon, Ekweremadu said: “We have tried a number of things including investigation, but the time has come to consider invoking power 67, Section 2 of our Constitution. We are inviting the Minister to brief us on the situation. It is not to indict anybody but to know what is happening in the aviation sector and how we can help to ensure that this does not continue.

We also need to make our roads and waterways safe and all these could be done if we do our works well

Me I follow "like" the post o!! grin

How far the gift na?! grin
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 10:25am On Oct 11, 2013
Aigbofa:
How daft can you get! A plane crash an act of God? An act of God is something you absolutely have no control over, like an earthquake, a hurricane, a tsunami and stuff like that. Not when you allow rickety aircraft to fly while you are busy painting airports.
Tribalism is turning some of you to moro.ns. One more crash, not even Jonathan will be able to defend her.

Chairman!!

'An act of God'.. Maybe she meant it as 'Circumstances beyond their control'..

Anyways!! here are different causes of some major plane crashes around the world.. Not all plane crashes could have been avoided. Sometimes, shiit just happens..

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by remarkD(m): 11:34am On Oct 11, 2013
Yes yes, yes.... just send me your mailing address and keep your eyes in the mail... cheesy
@ dat yooba boy... abi you no know say storms/weather can be cause for a crash? go read it up, homie, refresh your memory and see that she wasn't blaming God... (in Igbo we say, "I ga-a bara Chineke mba/... I ga agba el'igwe ukwu)...

so an "... act of God" is a very unfortunate event... but I think she should have used a different phrase... or said nothing at all until the investigation/reports are submitted... yapping back and indulging FFK would not have been my advice to her as a PA lol...
[color=#990000][/color]

Okija_juju:

Me I follow "like" the post o!! grin

How far the gift na?! grin
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Vavavoom(m): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

Bros.. How do you think the aviation industry flight certification works? So you think its every take-off and landing that the Authorities will run out and start examining the aircrafts?

I don't know so I'm asking you?

I think there are standard routine inspections that must be done every X hours of filght time and there must be a standard checklist that they look at.

An aircraft is made up of a thousands of parts and I doubt they can check every one per flight. I have seen NTSB reports where the cause of a crash was a single loose screw in a hard to see part of the plane.. One I saw about an asian plane was a loose screw that was inside the tail rudder. Normally after a crash, all parties involved in the manufacture of the aircraft send reps to investigate the cause of the crash and if its a mechanical or electrical fault, they send iut a memo to everyone operating those same planes to check that part of their plane for any abnormality and in some cases they change that part on all planes..

All airlines grounded their A380 airbuses that were using General electrics engines after the Quantas airline blew the engines on one of theirs. Not all air misharps should be blamed on negligence of the minister.

Causes of a crash range from human error to mechanical failure to unsuitable natural ooccurences like lightening..

All we Ndi igbos are saying is if you can't fire Stella until you prove that she was complicit in some way for the cause of the crash assuming it was caused by corner cutting.

Chief, going forward I'd like to state clearly that I am neither Pro or against Stella Oduah. Am just a Nigierian seeking answers - not a tag along.

While I concede it will be unrealistic to do a total component check on each airline after every flight the questions I have put forward are germane and realistic based on the allegation going forward.
If the desire we seek is to better our nation then as part of a holistic change in our tackiling the menace of corruption bedevilling us we must as a matter of relevance ask the right questions that will unearth the Root Cause of this or any other previous mishaps.

Therefore a thorough RCA should seek to know why as alleged a plane that had not been flown for over 3 months was licenced to fly people commercially as part of its test flight process. This is not a standard test process the world over...that it allegedly happened with the AA flight should be cause for worry, don't you think?

Is it possible other airlines in cahoot with the regulating authorities are enganged and get away with this sort of practice in the past?

Yes, planes are one huge metallic contraption with a host of components that with time are bound to fail mechanically. But we shouldn't lose sight of the human error in compounding the issue under discourse.

As alleged there were test flight engineers on the plane outbound to Akure...people would like to know why were they on board? A plane is not a car you park by the road and fix glitches as you notice them, so why combine a commercial with a test flight thereby exposing more people to a higher risk?

For me there are lots of learnings we can draw from crash expereinces over the years but we choose instead unfortunately to blackmail and ethnicize issues.

The countries that have developed their industries to our envy passed through these phases but chose differently to identify both mechanical and HUMAN errors in the process. We can choose to hid our heads in the sands and play out ethnic cards whenever we are faced with critical challenges requiring analytical thinking.

Or buckle down and see that it's a steps 1 - 10 thing that we can surmount with critical analysis. I leave it there.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by tunwe(m): 11:43am On Oct 11, 2013
To restall confidence in the flying patrons, somebody need to pay. The buck stops at the minister's desk. A more competent hand is required to analyse the system and replace negligence staffs at fault. If not out right termination, immediate leave of absent is warranted. We will not get objective investigations and resolutions with her there, because of her loyalist in the department. Aviation is safety,safety,safety. Comfort is secondary.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 11:47am On Oct 11, 2013
Vavavoom:

Chief, going forward I'd like to state clearly that I am neither Pro or against Stella Oduah. Am just a Nigierian seeking answers - not a tag along.

While I concede it will be unrealistic to do a total component check on each airline after every flight the questions I have put forward are germane and realistic based on the allegation going forward.
If the desire we seek is to better our nation then as part of a holistic change in our tackiling the menace of corruption bedevilling us we must as a matter of relevance ask the right questions that will unearth the Root Cause of this or any other previous mishaps.

Therefore a thorough RCA should seek to know why as alleged a plane that had not been flown for over 3 months was licenced to fly people commercially as part of its test flight process. This is not a standard test process the world over...that it allegedly happened with the AA flight should be cause for worry, don't you think?

Is it possible other airlines in cahoot with the regulating authorities are enganged and get away with this sort of practice in the past?

Yes, planes are one huge metallic contraption with a host of components that with time are bound to fail mechanically. But we shouldn't lose sight of the human error in compounding the issue under discourse.

As alleged there were test flight engineers on the plane outbound to Akure...people would like to know why were they on board? A plane is not a car you park by the road and fix glitches as you notice them, so why combine a commercial with a test flight thereby exposing more people to a higher risk?

For me there are lots of learnings we can draw from crash expereinces over the years but we choose instead unfortunately to blackmail and ethnicize issues.

The countries that have developed their industries to our envy passed through these phases but chose differently to identify both mechanical and HUMAN errors in the process. We can choose to hid our heads in the sands and play out ethnic cards whenever we are faced with critical challenges requiring analytical thinking.

Or buckle down and see that it's a steps 1 - 10 thing that we can surmount with critical analysis. I leave it there.

[b]If you notice, I have refused to speak categorically about the likely cause of the crash.. Until such a time as it is established in a proper report, everything we hear remains speculative.

Some say 'loss of engine thrust' was reported by the Pilot shortly after take off. Others have said its the crack that Feyi allegedly saw inside the aircraft. Another one says the Plane was not 'air worthy'. Yet another one has claimed that it was on a test flight and corners were cut for a test flight to be used to convey passengers illegally.. Which report do we believe and which do we toss as fake?!

Again.. Lets allow the NTSB|Embraer and other experts conclude their investigations... My number one problem here is that people seem to be heaping all the blames on 'Human negligence' forgetting about other thinsg that can cause a crash..

Lets be patient and wait.. When Kema Chikwe was fired.. I was one of the happiest Nigerians. Cos she was utterly useless.. But Stella has been brilliant thus far and to victimize her like that without cause will never be tolorated..

Imagine some person Senator was even talking about her performing 'Hara kiri' sef.. Like WTF?! angry[/b]
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Vavavoom(m): 11:51am On Oct 11, 2013
dbride: All defenders of Stella Oduah agree that the fault is with NCAA, yet the one they defend is convinced the accident was an act of God. Defenders, I ask, why are you defending Stella who clearly does not recognize there is a fault and where that fault lies? This is the issue in question. You see the fault in NCAA, Stella sees the fault with God (absolves NCAA from blame)! She is protecting NCAA, you are blaming NCAA. Stella and her defenders are even at loggerheads! Tribalism sucks!

That is the mystery...people are not bent on seeking the Root Cause Analysis. That's the shame.
A simple logical query will unearth why certain clearance was given to fly a plane under test flight commercailly. It seems to me we are far gone in our defense of ethnic position that our judgement have become clouded.

The scenario of pity, really. Where fundamental lines of questioning that will gaurantee safer sky have been abandoned under the guise of championing ethnic cause. For all we know both parties - Stella and Akin may have been in on a take to let the AA test flight do so commercially. No wonder we get the kind of leaders we deserve, pity.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
Vavavoom:

If your allegations are actually true, then may I suggest you ask the Agagus' and the Allies why they not only rented, but also boarded a private aircraft with obvious test pilots on board. I am pretty sure they will not miss recognizing such strangers in there mist.
Bottom line is that your story is either cock and bull, or the Agagus' consciously boarded a plane that was not fit for flight. Which leads me to my next question, Having in the past been in charge of Aviation, could the Agagus' have manipulated the system to clear the aircraft for flight.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
For those who actually care to listen and read instead of spreading Rumour.

1. Stella Oduah Did not make any categorical statement about the cause of the particular accident as many educated illitrates are claiming.
she only spoke generally about air accidents. her exact statements as transcript from the video link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgJflD1nRXU are as follows:

. . .
When you talk about the issue of renovations
The terminal itself is the first safety and security facility the any passenger comes across
We do not pray for [size=14pt]accidents [/size]
But it is inevitable
But all we do is to do everything to ensure that we do not have accidents
But it is an [size=14pt]“act of God”[/size]
Again we do not speculate on the cause of accidents.
Until that happens, you cannot say this is the cause or that is not the cause
But what is obvious . . .

For those who refuse to understand English. She simply said that accidents generally can be beyond human control, that is what she means by "act of God". Also note that she was not speculating on the cause of the actual air-crash as insinuated by the poorly educated Femi Kayode- see her immediate statement after using the term "act of God."

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Naira Further Crashes To N245 Per Dollar As Reserves Rise / Sahara Reporters Omoyele Sowore Barred From Leaving Nigeria / PDP: Buhari, APC Jittery Over Atiku’s Acceptance In S/east, Other Zones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.