Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,575 members, 7,820,066 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah (21898 Views)

Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / PDP Senators Call For Release Of Rivers Re-run Polls Result / PDP Chairman Tender Letter For Resignation [Unconfirmed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by dbride: 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2013
[quote author=IGBO-SON]

^^^What do you mean by 'openly question the NCAA'? You mean they should carry out the investigation and step-by-step fact-finding on the pages of newspapers and the electronic media, with hourly updates as and when they come in?

If she prematurely fires the DG of NCAA now before the full details of the cause of the crash are known, you and your kind would be the first to scream 'Igbo bigot' at the top of your lungs!

She is more than competent for the post she occupies and she's going nowhere! Live with it mate![/quote

Okay, you mean she did the investigation and concluded the accident was an act of God? Yet another investigation confirmed that the pilot and engineer conspired to fly the FAULTY plane for some financial gain. Who certified the faulty plane airworthy? Hear me, the corrupt airline operators + corrupt ministry officials = corrupt pilot and engineer = breakdown of law and order = loss of lives. All this under Stella Oduah and if she now says it was an act of God, then she should give way. Aviation is a serious and highly specialized field. The effects of corruption are easily seen in frequent faults in aircrafts leading to near mishaps and crashes. There's no room for Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa sentiments.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by fluteman: 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
3Dimension: Some folks will just pick dir fone and start typing nonsense because of dir tribal inclination...
How on earth will a plane mishap be blamed on God and u want nigerians to keep quiet? What is the no 1 priority of MR president himself if not the protection of lives and property of the populace.
What is the major reason why she is occupying that position if not to ensure safety and modalities in the aviation sector. If according to the senate..about 7 aviation accident (some avoided) had been recorded under two yrs then I don't think she has any idea on how to move the tide forward..

AIR MISHAP IS NOT A NATURAL DISASTER. IT IS HUMAN. IT IS COWARDICE TO BLAME AVOIDABLE PROBLEMS ON GOD. IT IS A SHAME !!!

It is a real shame my dear
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2013
IbukaDantata:
FAT LIAR LIKE YOU
owk,tnx!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by dbride: 3:47pm On Oct 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Do you agree that the President should be impeached too since he's at the Aviation minister's boss and since the Aviation minister is the NCAA chairman's boss.

YOU said this? YOU reasoned like this? Stella Oduah has just ONE ministry, GEJ has so many. The ministers are supposed to be his eyes over the different ministeries assigned to them. They have full authority. Waoh, can't believe you made that comment. You should understand how organisations function. Free your mind from that tribal bondage and you will reason like you used to. Religion and Tribe truly are demons that attack the real human mind with blindness. Think about it bros, I know you now, wetin come happen...obu zi kwa ngi... na wao

5 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
dbride:

YOU said this? YOU reasoned like this? Stella Oduah has just ONE ministry, GEJ has so many. The ministers are supposed to be his eyes over the different ministeries assigned to them. They have full authority. Waoh, can't believe you made that comment. You should understand how organisations function. Free your mind from that tribal bondage and you will reason like you used to. Religion and Tribe truly are demons that attack the real human mind with blindness. Think about it bros, I know you now, wetin come happen...obu zi kwa ngi... na wao

Come on!!! dude, Stella has so many parastatals and agencies under her watch if that is your argument. Don't tell me she is supposed to inspect the planes herself. She has people like the NCAA boss to handle that agency.

If you discredit the argument that GEJ be impeached cos of this air mishap, then your argument in calling for Stella's sack does not hold water.

5 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
hercules07:

Buck stops at the table of the minister, the call for her sack is the correct one, of course, she can also be sacked along with the NCAA guys or a new minister can sack the NCAA man. The problem with a lot of people supporting her is because she is from their tribe, the NCAA man is from my tribe and I believe he should be sacked, anybody and everybody responsible for the failures should be sacked. Do you know how many CEOs got fired because of ordinary cable ducts during the manufacture of the A380?

This post is right on the money!
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by sleekp1: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Sorry Stella is going no where, y'all tribal bigots can have a group transformer hug.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by dbride: 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2013
ndu_chucks: We really do not need to tribalize this issue. We've had too many fatal mishaps during Stella's term and instead of hearing sober pronouncements and her comprehensive plan for improving air transportation safety, we hear unapologetic comments from her.

I think the President needs to do the right thing and replace her.

God bless you. When are we going to drop this primitive way of thinking? Protecting tribes instead of lives.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by grabdbull: 4:15pm On Oct 10, 2013
How come some very innocuous posts on this thread were hidden, while one of the vilest comments, unprovoked, with the first line totally unrelated to the subject in consideration, abusing an entire ethnic group, made by one Chima_Adeoye has been left open for all to quote, thereby giving it so much prominence.

Even the post by Okija_Juju insisting that we should not take words spoken by some Nigerians (Senators of the Federal republic) seriously because they are "Ndi-Hausa", and the rebuttal that these ones are as much Nigerian as you and I are, were also hidden; yet that odious abomination spewed by Chima_Adeoye is left for the world to read.

Mr. Moderator, you are biased, and have clearly favored tribal sentiments over objective discussions on issues relating to comments made by the Senate.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Vavavoom(m): 4:19pm On Oct 10, 2013
Nairaland! The mini Nigeria - a place that gives insight about how we pretend to be a nation. You wonder why Nigeria don't work? Imagine if we are to replace the current leadership with folks from within Nairaland undecided. It would be folly to think there will be any difference. Truly the leadership of this country is a reflection of who we really are...therein is the dilemma.

We think in TRIBES
Match forward in RELIGION
man to man each defend his REGION
Little in way of PATRIOTISM
Citizens first by ETHNICITY
No common bond for a land so GREEN
We hate-we curse-we WASTE
Blame the other man each time we FAIL
Buck passing our favourite PASTIME
in this land - Turn-by-Turn Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Malawian(m): 4:24pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju: How many Planes have crashed under Stellas Watch biko nu?!

Azazi died in a Military helicopter crash - Are we blaming her for this one?!

Suntai crashed himself as well - Are we blaming her for this one?!

Agagu Crash - Well.. We have not seen the NTSB report on the cause of the crash for this one yet.

Dana Aircrash - Another well.. They never published the NTSB report on the cause of this either..

So on what grounds do they want to pull the best Aviation minister in Nigeria's history?!

Rather than hurriedly call for her resignation, why not wait for the NTSB reports on the causes of these crashes?!

All these people always trying to put down the Igbos in government despite the fact that all the best performers in the Nigerian Government have all been Igbo:: From Soludo to Nnaji to Akunyili to Iweala to Oduah!!

#She aint going nowhere..

dont mind them,
after arunma otteh dealt with one of them, one would have expected them to realize they cant just toy with igbo women without consequences.

we igbos are not the type to domisticate our women to the point of uselessness and incompetence.

if stella were to remove all those incompetent yaribs that was flooded in by mr kay-ode, all those brain dead yaribs will by now have deafened the rest of us with "igbo domination".

nobody is saying the real truths here which are
1. the aircoffine is owned by yaribs
2. a yarib is in charge of aviation safety
3. the incongurent yaribs connived amongst themself to use a plane not airworthy for brisk business at the expense of innocent lives
4. we still dont know the extent of occultic involvement in that crash. why would a dead man need to be flied from lagos to akure? and what a coincidence he ended up taking many souls with him.
5. as usual, they will prey on the hausa fulani through emotions to do their bidding for them. if anybody does not realize the hausa-fulanis have been yoruba intellectual slaves from time immemorial, that person needs proper mental care.
6. and we have the PHDs in igboland in the form of Nyash-Ewero-mmadu.

anybody that bans or hids my post again, may that persons' p.uss,y never get wet again. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 4:34pm On Oct 10, 2013
grabdbull: How come some very innocuous posts on this thread were hidden, while one of the vilest comments, unprovoked, with the first line totally unrelated to the subject in consideration, abusing an entire ethnic group, made by one Chima_Adeoye has been left open for all to quote, thereby giving it so much prominence.

Even the post by Okija_Juju insisting that we should not take words spoken by some Nigerians (Senators of the Federal republic) seriously because they are "Ndi-Hausa", and the rebuttal that these ones are as much Nigerian as you and I are, were also hidden; yet that odious abomination spewed by Chima_Adeoye is left for the world to read.

Mr. Moderator, you are biased, and have clearly favored tribal sentiments over objective discussions on issues relating to comments made by the Senate.

See my guy!

Lets stop kidding ourselves.. Tribalism is real in Nigeria.

If 15 hausa senators are calling for the head of an Igbo Minister, my brother, you expect us to jump and supportthem?! Abi you dont know that we ndi Igbos and Ndi Hausa have a history that goes as far back as 1965?!

My guy chill out jor! na society wey we see we dey manage so!

You dont call for the resignation of a person from her post until you prove that her negligence was responsible for this disaster..

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Malawian(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
sleek_p: Sorry Stella is going no where, y'all tribal bigots can have a group transformer hug.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by IYANGBALI: 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2013
Sec5: Calling for her resignition is not the best thing to do now.She should be encouraged to focus on safety now she has achieved a feat in aesthetics.Reason being that majority of ex-aviation ministers neither made any impact on infrastructural upgrading of the airports nor guaranteed air safety.Now that we have someone who is able to perform in one aspect as attested to by the senators,let us encourage her to fix the safety issues
say whatever you like,she must go,that is what they do in a civilised society that uses aeroplanes
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by IYANGBALI: 4:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
sleek_p: Sorry Stella is going no where, y'all tribal bigots can have a group transformer hug.
sorry bro,stella is a goner,WE are already choping for her replacement
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by IYANGBALI: 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2013
gregtochi:

Come on!!! dude, Stella has so many parastatals and agencies under her watch if that is your argument. Don't tell me she is supposed to inspect the planes herself. She has people like the NCAA boss to handle that agency.

If you discredit the argument that GEJ be impeached cos of this air mishap, then your argument in calling for Stella's sack does not hold water.
the bulk stops on her table,so she should be made to pay for it
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by bolyem(m): 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2013
True true she shud re-sign ßƱŔ Ŧђ£ question i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ who i̶̲̥̅̊s̤̥̈̊ even capable î₪ †ђ3§3
Country †̥☺ take Ŧђ£ task without not being corupt
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by grabdbull: 4:51pm On Oct 10, 2013
Okija_juju:

See my guy!

Lets stop kidding ourselves.. [b]Tribalism is real in Nigeria

If 15 hausa senators are calling for the head of an Igbo Minister, my brother, you expect us to jump and supportthem?! Abi you dont know that we ndi Igbos and Ndi Hausa have a history that goes as far back as 1965?!

My guy chill out jor! na society wey we see we dey manage so!

You dont call for the resignation of a person from her post until you prove that her negligence was responsible for this disaster.. [/b]

Ok, the highlighted words are the reasons for the abysmally lame execution of moderation functions by the moderator, and even unprovoked vile attacks on individuals and ethnic nationalities. These words are the reasons for the fervent defense of anyone who speaks your language, without any objective analysis of the realities on ground.

This is the recipe for continuous man-fueled disasters.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by zeelo2014: 4:57pm On Oct 10, 2013
From Isa Yuguda to BAbalola Borishade to Fani Kayode to Felix Hyatt to Stella Oduah there have been series of air mishaps in Nigeria. The fact that the senate is calling for the resignation of the minister of aviation for the first time in history raises a lot of eyebrows.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by PointB: 5:05pm On Oct 10, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: [size=14pt]We should stop chasing shadows and focus on where the problem lie, which is those who authorized the plane to fly.
The NCAA will ground planes in the Presidential fleet or even a state Governor's jet if they feel it is unsafe to fly!

[/size]
[b]"In Nigeria, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) is the apex regulatory body, overseeing the activities of all airlines and their pilots, engineers and cabin staff, airports, airstrips and heliports, navigation aids, all service providers including the airport authority and the air traffic service provider, aviation training institutions, etc. NCAA watches over the entire industry. Its role can aptly be described as that of "general overseer" or "referee:' For want of a better sobriquet, NCAA has even been address as the "police" of the industry.

One of the key instruments of NCAA's regulation is the issuance or revalidation of licenses such as Air Operator's Certificate (AOC), Air Transport Licence (ATL), Airline Operating Permit (AOP), Permit for Non Commercial Flight (PNCF) and Air Travel Organizer's License (ATOL). NCAA's Aviation Safety Inspectors conduct unscheduled on the spot inspections of the operations of airlines and other service providers to ensure continuous compliance with the regulations guiding their operations"
[/b]
SOURCE: http://www.ncaa.gov.ng/Public/ncaa/SafetyOversight.aspx (NCAA Website)

[size=14pt]Our expert Captain Fola Akinkuotu should tell us why he sanctioned an airplane which was still undergoing test flight according to Smart Adeyemi "investigation" to fly the Agagu's family to Akure. Put the blame where it squarely rest and stop playing politics![/size]

Thank you o jare.

This is the koko of the matter.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2013
grabdbull:

Ok, the highlighted words are the reasons for the abysmally lame execution of moderation functions by the moderator, and even unprovoked vile attacks on individuals and ethnic nationalities. These words are the reasons for the fervent defense of anyone who speaks your language, without any objective analysis of the realities on ground.

This is the recipe for continuous man-fueled disasters.

[b]Erm.. How much more analysis do you want us top give you?!

Or is it until we agree with you that our analysis can become "objective"?!

We Ndi Igbos (and any other sensible Nigerian) will not stand by and watch a minister sacked without justification. It ay mean nothing to you because you are not Igbo.. But we Ndi Igbos take such matters seriously. Especially judging from history of how we as a people have been marginalized and victimized by successive governments..

Until proof of her incompetence is presented to us... We shall stand by her!! Objective or Subjective... #PERIOD!!

And dont go there with me defending Ndi Igbo blindly!! Go and ask my Peoples how many times I have been tagged an Efulefu for not supporting an Igbo cause or person. Ask about how I attacked many of the principles of the Late Ikemba Ojukwu. Go and find out why I was openly rigged out of an Igbo election here on nairaland..

This is not about tribalism, its about the right thing!

Prove Stella Oduah is at fault and we will send a contingent of Ndi Igbos to Abuja to remove her from office ourself.. UNTIL THEN!! Mrs. Stella Oduah (Ada Igbo, Lolo, Odozi Aku, Oyoyo Nigerian Government, GCON, SSCE, GCE, JAMB, NECO, PhD. BSc. LLB, ETC) remains the Minister of Aviation of the federal Republic of Nigeria!! Kpom Kwem!! angry[/b]

5 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
IYA NGBALI: the bulk stops on her table,so she should be made to pay for it

The bulk stops at the table of the highest authority, in this case, the commander in chief.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by doublewisdom: 5:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
No be only sack. Bag nko? Suddenly oily heads are fighting for the good of Nigeria because a non oily head is involved. Pathetic indeed! FYI,all of you better go back to your oily soups and stop wasting your time calling for her head and job. She has come to stay. Either live with it or go consume rat poison like 'youallknow'. tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by wetdspace(m): 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
Chima_Adeoye: [size=15pt]All these useless Yoruba/ APC bigots.

In all of Nigeria's history even when Ministers like Fani Kayode licensed planes for their girlfriends to fly airline businesses, when was an Aviation Minister ever asked to resign because of an aircrash? But because Madam Stella Oduah is Igbo, now she must resign,even when NCAA and not the minister is responsible for licensing planes.

If they are not doing their campaign of calumny against Dr. Okonjo Iweala,it will be against Diezani K. Alison-Madueke or Stella Otti.

Why not ask Omobola Johnson, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubolade, Mrs. Olajumoke Akinjide, Akinwumi Adeshina and Olusegun Aganga to resign for their lacklustre performance in government?

Anyhow, like Okonjo Iweala told them recently " I serve at the pleasure of the President who appointed me and who shall relieve me of the appointment when my performance falls below his expectation" Simply put, SORRY, I WILL NOT RESIGN FOR SHAMELESS TRIBALISTS AND BIGOTS!
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

He be like say dat woman de feed all of una for ur town wit 10kobo as ur daily bread.
We go sidon here dey watch how she go carry all of una to abuja wit an egeremity plane, we go crash 4 river naija.

U need to go back to ur mom's womb and be re born in Afghanistan.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2013
Haba if it is not Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, it is diezani alison-madueke or Stella Odua.

Yorubas should control themselves or die of high blood pressure. They still have another 20years before they will smell Aso Rock again.

Stella Odua is the best Aviation Minister this country has ever produced and any attempt by bigotted yoruba to discount her

transformation agenda in the aviation sector has failed.

4 Likes

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by biomedixexcel(m): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2013
On basis of performance, I think all the senators should resign cos they failed to profer solutions to ASUU strike
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 10, 2013
tiwasiaife: Minister of transport should resign 4 all the rnad accidents, minister of defence should resign cos of people killed by boko haram,etc rubbish they r talkn cos they use plane often. She is goin no where.
If u had any sense or knew ur worth as a human being and what u deserve from ur government ull know thats how it should be.
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by kilode95(f): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
Urine: I've read all the comments and one thing is certain, Nigeria won't be great anytime soon, ethnic loyalty has clouded people's judgement. Even if you must defend Stella on this issue why must it be based on ethnicity? When the United States talked about this country splitting by 2015, they knew what they were saying.

It's now a tough task to have an intelligent argument, it seems most people don't have brians again.

You took this out of my mouth...
The comments b :oy some people here are terrifying...

1 Like

Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:35pm On Oct 10, 2013
kingoflag: If u had any sense or knew ur worth as a human being and what u deserve from ur government ull know thats how it should be.

Oh, Sense and Worth becos GEJ is President?

What happened to dat sense and worth wen OBJ was President?

What happened to dat sense and worth wen Abacha was President or even IBB?

Becos gej is a minority abi or not Hausa? undecided
Re: Senators Call For Resignation Of Stella Oduah by Okijajuju1(m): 5:36pm On Oct 10, 2013
kilode95:

You took this out of my mouth...
The comments b :oy some people here are terrifying...

You never start to fear comment!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"I Will Never Contest Against Buhari" — Tinubu / Defections: The Drama, The Facts / Saraki's Declaration: Senate President Clears The Air On Not Too Young To Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.