Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,358 members, 7,853,591 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:44 PM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30268 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by swtchicgurl: 3:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
debosky:

What are the consequences of not tithing?

Demain_man: @swtchicgurl, Can you answer the question that debosky asked please?

I don't want us to recycle this thread. Mal. 3:8-12

“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’

“In tithes and offerings. 9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,” says the Lord Almighty. 12 “Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says the Lord Almighty.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

Who told you pentecostal christians aren't successful?

After you all will start complaining that 'successful pentecostals' are not helping the needy in the society, that they prefer to use their money to meet their own needs!

How can one satisfy men?! You get money, them go talk, you no get money, them go ask question!

Take note, it's not all about money.

By God's grace and His mercy, I am a living testimony of a successful Tither! cool
God bless you !
Let them continue to hate what is scriptural and swallow hook,line and sinker the traditions and doctrines of men !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 3:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

I don't want us to recycle this thread. Mal. 3:8-12

So the whole of China are under a curse then for not been christians and not tithing according to your own GOD? No wonder China has been devouring Africa mineral resources all this while cheesy!!

This your god must be so wicked to curse his creations just because they don't give him 10% of their money through some men in suits called Pastors!

I do not serve the Nigerians god anyways, so no probs. The bibles say that by their fruits we shall know them. I don't have to look too far to see the fruits of the Nigeria Men in suits. Their fruits are rotten! Thank God for true Servants of God, Candour, Pastor Kun etc that are continually opening people eyes to the fraud called TITHE.

Soon every house in Nigeria will have one 419 church. All because of TITHE & SEEDS

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
m.k.o2005:

The Mystery of Melchizedek !

FEW MYSTERIES of the Bible have attracted more interest than the mystery of the identity of Melchizedek as Hewbert put's it !
Sahchris,you are taking us backwards ! Who is he?
See below from Hewbert :
You will read in Hebrews 6:19-20 that Jesus Christ, after His resurrection, is High Priest "after the order of Melchizedek." The plainer English of the Moffatt translation words it: ". . with the rank of" that is, equal status with "Melchizedek."

Melchizedek Was God's Priest for sure !

First, notice from both Old and New Testaments that the man of mystery, Melchizedek, was a priest of the Most High God. Turn 'low to the account in Genesis 14. During the war between a number of ancient city-states in Canaan and Mesopotamia, Abraham's nephew Lot had been captured. He and his family and goods were carted off.

One of their number escaped and brought the news to Abraham, who armed 318 of his own servants and pursued the invaders to what was later named Dan and beyond. Abraham rescued Lot and his family and returned them safely to the Canaanite cities.

On Abraham's return 'a man of mystery bursts upon the scene'. Abraham was ministered to by Melchizedek.

Here is the account:

"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine; he was priest of God Most High. And he [Melchizedek] blessed him [Abraham] and said, 'Blessed be Abram by God Most High, maker of heaven and earth; and blessed be God Most High, who has delivered your enemies into your hand!' And Abram gave him [Melchizedek] a tenth of everything" that is, a tithe of all, for a tithe means a tenth (Genesis 14:18-20, RSV).

Notice that Melchizedek was king of Salem. That is the city of Jerusalem. "Salem" comes from the Hebrew word meaning "peace." That would make Melchizedek the "King of Peace" (Hebrews 7:2''Then Abraham took a tenth of all he had captured in battle and gave it to Melchizedek. The name Melchizedek means "king of justice," and king of Salem means "king of peace."wink. The Hebrew name Melchizedek itself means "King of Righteousness" (Hebrews 7:2). The same individual is mentioned in Psalm 110:4. Speaking prophetically of Christ, David stated: "The Eternal hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." This verse is quoted again in Hebrews 5:6, 10.
Before we turn to Hebrews for the identification of Melchizedek, remember that this mystery figure is a mystery only to us. Abraham and the King of wicked Sodom knew exactly who he was. They must have seen him before. He could not have been a Canaanite, for they were steeped in pagan customs. And furthermore Canaan was a descendant of Ham, whereas God basically chose the descendants of Shem to accomplish His work.

Then who is the mystery man Melchizedek?

One other hint before we proceed. The land of Canaan from ancient time, before the days of Moses, was known among the Gentiles as "the divine land" the Holy land" the land of the place of worship!" Why? Was there someone in the Holy Land who was divine, holy, worthy of worship?

The Mystery Clears !

Coming to Hebrews 7, we find Melchizedek identified:

"For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace" (Hebrews 7:1-2).

Since God names individuals what they are, that, then is what this man is.. "King of Righteousness."

Think of it! King of Righteousness. !

Jesus Himself said: "There is none good but one, that is, God" (Matthew 19:17). Human self-righteousness is, before God, as filthy rags. None can be righteous but God—or one made righteous by God's power—Christ in a person! And certainly none but One of the Godhead the divine Kingdom of God would be King of Righteousness. Such an expression, applied to any but God, would be blasphemous. Why?

Righteousness is obedience to God's Law. Since God made all laws (James 4:12), He is Supreme Ruler or King. He determines what righteousness is. "All thy commandments are righteousness" (Psalm 119:172). When speaking of one of the points of that Law, Jesus placed Himself superior to it. He is Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28). No man is Lord or King over God's Law. Only God could be! All human beings have sinned and broken that Law of righteousness (Romans 3:23).

To continue with Hebrews 7. Note, too, that this man was King of peace. "Salem" from which Jerusalem was named means "peace." And remember, Jesus is called the Prince of peace! No human being could be King of Peace. Men know not the way of peace. Read Romans 3:10 and 17: "There is none righteous, no, not one.... And the way of peace have they not known."

Observe further: Melchizedek was "without mother, without father, without descent," or as the Phillips translation renders it: "He had no father or mother and no family tree." He was not born as human beings are. He was without father and mother. This does not mean that Melchizedek's records of birth were lost. Without such records human priests could not serve (Ezra 2:62). But here Melchizedek had no genealogy. He must not have been an ordinary mortal. He had no descent or pedigree from another, but was self-existent. Notice Paul's own inspired interpretation of this fact: "Having neither beginning of days, nor end of life" (Hebrews 7:3). Therefore He has always existed from eternity! He was not even created, like angels. But He is now eternally self-existing. And that is true only of GOD deity, not humanity!

Melchizedek is Not the Father Nor the Holy Spirit !

Yet Melchizedek cannot be God the Father. He was the "priest of that Most High God." Scripture says no man has ever seen the Father (John 1:18, 5:37), but Abraham saw Melchizedek. He cannot be God the Father, but rather, "made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually" (Hebrews 7:3).Meaning HE is still a priest even today becos HE is said to be a priest Forever who never died

And there it is! In the days of Abraham, He was not the Son of God, for He had not yet been born of the virgin Mary but He was made like unto the Son of God in His manifestation to the ancients.

Notice again: Melchizedek, this scripture reveals, abides that is, remains permanently, continually, a priest. God the Father is not the Priest of God, but Christ the Son is! Yet, in the days when the Apostle Paul lived and wrote, shortly after Jesus ascended to heaven as High Priest, the scripture states that even then Melchizedek "abideth "—which means does now abide—"a priest continually." The Moffatt translation states it: "continues to be priest permanently" even while Jesus Christ is High Priest!

And notice that the order of Christ's Priesthood is named after Melchizedek. It is the High Priest's name that is placed upon an order just as Aaron's name was upon the Aaronic priesthood. Thus Melchizedek was then High Priest, in Paul's day, and even now, and He will rule forever! [/b]And at the same time Christ was, is today, and shall be forever High Priest!

Are there two High Priests'? No! Impossible! The conclusion is inescapable. Contrary to many cherished man-thought-out ideas, [b]Melchizedek and Christ are one and the same!
Some people have stumbled on the statement that Melchizedek has no "end of life." They contend that since Christ died, He had an end of life! If that be true then Christ is still dead! But Christ is not dead. He is alive. It was not possible for Christ to be held by death (Acts 2:24). Melchizedek would never have fulfilled His office of High Priest if He had not died for the sins of the people and risen again. It is the function of the High Priest to lead the way to salvation.

Indeed, Jesus Christ is the author and finisher of our salvation (Hebrews 5:9; 12:2). He is "called of God an high priest after the order of Melchizedek" (Hebrews 5:10).

And no wonder. Melchizedek and Christ are one and the same Person!''
Shachris and Miwerk,i decided to put up the above for both of you becos the others hav seen this prior to this time but they still refuse to admit openly yet they can not disproof all that i have been saying becos it is nothing but the scripture .
Make a research on theophany and Christophany,it will help u understand more. Please see below :

''A Christophany is an appearance of the preincarnate Christ in the Old Testament, or after his ascension.-Web definition.
''A Theophany is a manifestation of God in the Bible that is tangible to the human senses. In its most restrictive sense, it is a visible appearance of God in the Old Testament period, often, but not always, in human form.
Some of the theophanies are found in these passages:

1. Genesis 12:7-9 – The Lord appeared to Abraham on his arrival in the land God had promised to him and his descendants.

2. Genesis 18:1-33 – One day, Abraham had some visitors: two angels and God Himself. He invited them to come to his home, and he and Sarah entertained them. - a Christophany, a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ.

3. Genesis 32:22-30 – Jacob wrestled with what appeared to be a man, but was actually God (vv. 28-30). This may also have been a Christophany.-Christ

4. Exodus 3:2 - 4:17 – God appeared to Moses in the form of a burning bush, telling him exactly what He wanted him to do.-Theophany

5. Exodus 24:9-11 – God appeared to Moses with Aaron and his sons and the seventy elders.-Theophany

6. Deuteronomy 31:14-15 – God appeared to Moses and Joshua in the transfer of leadership to Joshua.

7. Job 38–42 – God answered Job out of the tempest and spoke at great length in answer to Job’s questions.-Theophany

Frequently, the term “glory of the Lord” reflects a theophany, as in Exodus 24:16-18; the “pillar of cloud” has a similar function in Exodus 33:9. A frequent introduction for theophanies may be seen in the words “the Lord came down,” as in Genesis 11:5; Exodus 34:5; Numbers 11:5; and 12:5.
Every theophany wherein God takes on human form foreshadows the incarnation, where God took the form of a man to live among us as Emmanuel, “God with us” (Matthew 1:23).

IF HEBREWS WOULD SAY ''There is no record of his father or mother or any of his ancestors--no beginning or end to his life. He remains a priest forever, resembling the Son of God.'' How then do you still argue HIS person !
Daniel 3:24-25'' Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished; and he rose in haste and spoke, saying to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the midst of the fire?”They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.” “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God'' This is another Christophany and if i conclude that Christ was actually in the burning furnace with the three hebrew children would that be heresy or blasphemy ? Open ur eyes Shachris or be left with this saying of Apostle Paul :
Hebrews 5:11-14''There is much more we would like to say about this, but it is difficult to explain, especially since you are spiritually dull and don’t seem to listen. You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word.You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.For someone who lives on milk is still an infant and doesn’t know how to do what is right. Solid food is for those who are mature, who through training have the skill to recognize the difference between right and wrong.''

God help us

Go back and read my previous post that you quoted with an open mind, understand it and disclaim or disprove it based on the facts it contains. Don't try to use bible quotes to deceive yourself. No matter what you type, i will never be held in the bondage of tithing any longer, God forbid. If you want to continue giving your pastor 10% of your income, that is your personal decision and please don't use the bible to justify your unbelieve.

Continue your tithing, its none of my business, but please don't drag and deceive gullible new converts with your heresy, because you will be held accountable for that.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by swtchicgurl: 3:48pm On Oct 15, 2013
Someone even mentioned names like dangote, adenuga, bill gates etc...! I laugh you in norwegian! grin

How did you manage to miss the same verse that Alwaystrue and M.K.O. stated:

“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin.
But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Tithing is important, but there are more important things. If one of them is lacking, then something is wrong. If the 'more' important thing is lacking, then don't worry paying tithe.

He that has an ear.....
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

Who told you pentecostal christians aren't successful?

After you all will start complaining that 'successful pentecostals' are not helping the needy in the society, that they prefer to use their money to meet their own needs!

How can one satisfy men?! You get money, them go talk, you no get money, them go ask question!

Take note, it's not all about money.

By God's grace and His mercy, I am a living testimony of a successful Tither! cool

Abeg tell me something!! How come Non-tithers like Dangote,Bill gates and Adenuga are far richer than them? Who among the world's richest people even pay tithes? I wonder what happened to all the riches promised to tithers

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 15, 2013
Candour:

When the disciples went up to the temple to worship, they [b]ALWAYS found the levitical priesthood in charge because Judaism was still the religion of the Jews. The apostles COULD NEVER have supplanted the Levites as tithe collectors. How could they have done it? When they even had to be dragged to the council for preaching and were flogged for that?
[/b]
Every ritual or practice at the temple was [b]FULLY UNDER THE CONTROL of these legalists and it will be fantasy to think they gave up the privilege of tithe collections for the apostles.

The earl y church DID NOT pay tithes to the apostles. The apostles knew they didn't qualify to collect it. What the apostles received were freewill donations which was used for the good of all, not for the church leaders.

Jesus kep[/b] t all those feasts because he was still under the law. Any command to pay the tithe today should also make it imperative to keep all those feasts.
And where did you see me mention ALL THESE in my post you quoted Your sickness about this tithe of a thing is getting the better of you isn't it? And morons still went ahead to like the post without logically deducing what i said.SMH!!!
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 4:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Abeg tell me something!! How come Non-tithers like Dangote,Bill gates and Adenuga are far richer than them? Who among the world's richest people even pay tithes? I wonder what happened to all the riches promised to tithers

Na the Pastors chopping the tithes you can compare to the Dangotes and the Adenugas cheesy
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by MarkMiwerds(m): 4:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
debosky:

the church "not God" puts a curse on you.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
m.k.o2005:

It's like you are new on this one ! Go and ask Christ embassy,candour,'pastor'kun,fr_evangel and Goshen 360 who searched all the scriptures to disprove a prove that Jesus collected tithe ! But i will take you also on this nevertheless and wait for them to join me on this one.All i will do is to bring to you my previous reply on this one so others can learn but not necessarily you !
SEE BELOW FOR UR DIGEST :

Have you heard of the word Theophany or Christophany ? If no,please see below meaning and scriptural backings :

''A Christophany is an appearance of the preincarnate Christ in the Old Testament, or after his ascension.-Web definition.
''A theophany is a manifestation of God in the Bible that is tangible to the human senses. In its most restrictive sense, it is a visible appearance of God in the Old Testament period, often, but not always, in human form.
Some of the theophanies are found in these passages:

1. Genesis 12:7-9 – The Lord appeared to Abraham on his arrival in the land God had promised to him and his descendants.

2. Genesis 18:1-33 – One day, Abraham had some visitors: two angels and God Himself. He invited them to come to his home, and he and Sarah entertained them. - a Christophany, a pre-incarnate appearance of Christ.

3. Genesis 32:22-30 – Jacob wrestled with what appeared to be a man, but was actually God (vv. 28-30). This may also have been a Christophany.-Christ

4. Exodus 3:2 - 4:17 – God appeared to Moses in the form of a burning bush, telling him exactly what He wanted him to do.-Theophany

5. Exodus 24:9-11 – God appeared to Moses with Aaron and his sons and the seventy elders.-Theophany

6. Deuteronomy 31:14-15 – God appeared to Moses and Joshua in the transfer of leadership to Joshua.

7. Job 38–42 – God answered Job out of the tempest and spoke at great length in answer to Job’s questions.-Theophany
8.Daniel 3:24-25 ''Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.''

Frequently, the term “glory of the Lord” reflects a theophany, as in Exodus 24:16-18; the “pillar of cloud” has a similar function in Exodus 33:9. A frequent introduction for theophanies may be seen in the words “the Lord came down,” as in Genesis 11:5; Exodus 34:5; Numbers 11:5; and 12:5.
Every theophany wherein God takes on human form foreshadows the incarnation, where God took the form of a man to live among us as Emmanuel, “God with us” (Matthew 1:23).

Having established the above facts,i think it is neccessary we proceed with Hebrews 7 that clearly shows how Christ received TITHE from Abraham and still doing so today !
But to discuss Hebrews,let us see Genesis 14:18-20
''And Melchizedek, the king of Salem and a priest of God Most High,brought Abram some bread and wine.Melchizedek blessed Abram with this blessing:“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,Creator of heaven and earth.And blessed be God Most High,who has defeated your enemies for you.”Then Abram gave Melchizedek a tenth of all the goods he had recovered.''

Who is Mechizedek ? We will know who this 'being' is when we get to Hebrews the new testament but keep in mind the meaning of Christophany!
Genesis 28:20-22 '' Then Jacob made this vow: “If God will indeed be with me and protect me on this journey, and if he will provide me with food and clothing,and if I return safely to my father’s home, then the Lord will certainly be my God.And this memorial pillar I have set up will become a place for worshiping God, and I will present to God a tenth of everything he gives me.”
From the above two scriptures,it has been established that Abraham who is the father of Christians also whom we MUST receive his blessings through Christ Jesus-tithed and his son Jacob tithed as well before the law ! The Law came after the exodus form Egypt and Abraham had already tithed to 'Melchizedek' before this time(640yrs before the law)And his son Jacob tithed 445yrs before the law and this brings us to the conclusion that tithing never started with the Law and what makes you think it ended with the Law !
Melchizedek,king of Salem and Salem later became Jerusalem,HE brought out wine and bread and blessed Abraham !-Genesis 14:18-22.
Who is the king of Salem(Jerusalem)that brought out bread and wine THE NIGHT BEFORE his DEATH ? Please don't conclude yet untill we get to Hebrew still keeping in mind what Christophany means !
The Law no doubt also commanded tithing but that does not mean that tithing started with the law-Leveticus 27:30-32''A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the Lord; it is holy to the Lord.Whoever would redeem any of their tithe must add a fifth of the value to it. Every tithe of the herd and flock—every tenth animal that passes under the shepherd’s rod—will be holy to the Lord.'' Please note that we are not discussing tithing as unto the law but want to show you that the law also commanded it but only as a shadow of what is to come !Note that Law was never brought about so that we will be under it for eternity but to show us a picture of what will be in the new testament.See Hebrews 10:1a'' For the law, having a shadow of the good things to come, and not the very image of the things,''Remember that the slaying or blood sacrifice was never a bad thing becos it is LAW after all a blood sacrifice also occurred in the new testament-Jesus shedding HIS blood for you and i.So the sacrifices of animals in the OT was indeed a shadow of how to do it better in the NT !

Now let us see what Christ HIMSELF is saying concerning tithing:
Mathew 23:23''“What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest income from your herb gardens, but you ignore the more important aspects of the law—justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.''. He supported tithing immediately by saying yes you should tithe but HE rebuked them for not doing other important things contained in the book !-justice, mercy, and faith !
We all know who Jesus is,if he was not in support of tithing,HE would had condemned it right from Mathew 23:23 as HE did with so many other laws like stoning of the adulterous,divorce,Sabbath,paying of taxes,washing of hands before meal and so many others !
The issue of tithing was not discussed extensively in the new testament and i believe that it was not an issue no wonder there were no cases or issues raised concerning it much,but Hebrews gave us insights of what the pre-Law tithing was and what tithing should be as supported by Christ HIMSELF who receives all tithes !

Tithing as absolutely and positively supported by the book of Hebrews in the New testament....

Reverting

God help us
God bless you jare, for this master piece. Anti-tithers hardly cultivate the habit to settle down patiently and digest post that is inspiring as this.They just come online with their preconceived notions just to argue.SMH!!
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by swtchicgurl: 4:43pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

I can't believe I'm reading this!!! angry

What about the men of God that have jets that you people criticize?!

Why should a christian 'flaunt' his wealth?!

What is it about money that you guys can't take your eyes off?!

May God help us ooooooooo!

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 4:47pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

@Chukwudi44, Think i tell you

Demain_man:

Na the Pastors chopping the tithes you can compare to the Dangotes and the Adenugas cheesy

Also, some of the tithe paying rich men in those Nigeria churches have been found to be fraudsters like the Intercontinental bank man who was also a Pastor at one time.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

You don't mean it? Men of God with private jets indeed!! Do they pay tithes or are tithes paid to them? I thought it was the people paying tithes that were supposed to blessed but it seems it is only those who receive tithes that the blessings fall on.SMH for magas

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by helphelp: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
Dem kuku no force anybody to pay am
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by jeffoe(m): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
op it is honour and not respect when parent are acting wrong it is our duty to correct them while still honouring them any pastor that forces tithe on member is an agent of doom mind u they ride on expensive jet and the tither wallow in poverty. in the new covenant it necessary and not compulsory
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by KA24DETT(m): 5:29pm On Oct 15, 2013
Don't tell them the reason they not
Getting jobs is because of bad government policy .

Don't tell them the reason their life expectancy is 44 is because there is no healthcare .

Tell them that donating 10% of their salary will provide them jobs, solve there medical problems and make them millionaires .

Only a lazy and uneducated man will believe that crap and that's what most Nigerians are.
No billionaire got their wealth from paying tithes. NONE. All they have I common is HARDWORK.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
The Nigeria politicians and the pastors know where they meet. They are all paddy paddy for the occultic world. That is why all the pastors preaching always fall on polithiefcians deaf ears. That is why the likes of Obasanjo can now claim to be a Pastor. They are all birds of the same feather. Their mission is to destroy Nigeria. To deliver Nigeria to their master SATAN himself. That is why upon all the Churches, Fasting and prayers, tithes and offering, Nigeria still remain the same! cry

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by PastorKun(m): 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

This most be the daftest twisted 'logic' that I have ever read on nairaland, can't believe an educated person wrote this

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by lastmessenger: 6:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
That a lie has been in an office for a thousand years does not make it to be true.tithing is not a christain commandment and whether is been said here on nairaland a thousand times does not matter.truth can never be said enough.and i think is time for me to write my own thread on tithing.tithing is not compulsory and GOD is not demanding any from you

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by swtchicgurl: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

You don't mean it? Men of God with private jets indeed!! Do they pay tithes or are tithes paid to them? I thought it was the people paying tithes that were supposed to blessed but it seems it is only those who receive tithes that the blessings fall on.SMH for magas

grin grin grin

You know why I laughed at the bolded? I got the exact reaction I expected when I wrote 'private jets'. grin

Some men of God pay tithe.

Believe it or not, you may not know this, some pastors are enterpreneurs and yet full-time.

There's something about 'tithes and pastors' that irritates many of you. But I really can't blame you because it has been abused in the past. so i understand your frustration.

GIve to God. There's a place of giving to the poor, giving to the needy, giving to widows, giving to men of God....you can't substitute one for the other.

There's a place of offering, tithe, seed etc...you can't substitute one for the other.

God said we shouldn't rob him in tithe and offerings. You like the offering part but frown at the tithe part! Na wa o!

Someone earlier described offering as 'collection' in bible days! grin

And yes, feel free to call me 'maga', i love to be called that. Infact some other people call it 'fools for Christ.' grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by swtchicgurl: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:

This most be the daftest twisted 'logic' that I have ever read on nairaland, can't believe an educated person wrote this

^^^look up sir!
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Demainman1: 6:40pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

You know why I laughed at the bolded? I got the exact reaction I expected when I wrote 'private jets'.

Believe it or not, you may not know this, some pastors are enterpreneurs and yet full-time.

There's something about 'tithes and pastors' that irritates many of you. But I really can't blame you because it has been abused in the past. so i understand your frustration.

GIve to God. There's a place of giving to the poor, giving to the needy, giving to widows, giving to men of God....you can't substitute one for the other.

There's a place of offering, tithe, seed etc...you can't substitute one for the other.

God said we shouldn't rob him in tithe and offerings. You like the offering part but frown at the tithe part! Na wa o!

And yes, feel free to call me 'maga', i love to be called that. Infact some other people call it 'fools for Christ.' grin[/b]

Oyedepo pays Adeboye 10%

Adeboye pays Oyedepo 10%

Equation balanced.

Men in suit are paying tithe grin

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by lastmessenger: 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2013
Bidam: Paul was smart to debunk you by saying Christ in the order of Melchizedek lives forever and collects the tithes. cheesy
Lets be objective here.the tithe that they ask u to pay in your churches is that based on law and not the one abraham paid to melchizedek.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mbulela: 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2013
m.k.o2005:

[b]According to the law,if you are not from the Levetical or Aronical order you can't take tithe but Melchizedek collected tithe from Abraham and this is the reason we give tithe today to Jesus.[/b]Abraham did it to lay the foundation of the tithing principle today not according to laws of exodus,deuteronomy,leveticus or even Malachi.

God bless us

1. We are not under the law.

2. Since only Levetical and Aronical orders are allowed to collect tithes, how does that permit pastors to do same?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mbulela: 7:42pm On Oct 15, 2013
Demain_man: The Nigeria politicians and the pastors know where they meet. They are all paddy paddy for the occultic world. That is why all the pastors preaching always fall on polithiefcians deaf ears. That is why the likes of Obasanjo can now claim to be a Pastor. They are all birds of the same feather. Their mission is to destroy Nigeria. To deliver Nigeria to their master SATAN himself. That is why upon all the Churches, Fasting and prayers, tithes and offering, Nigeria still remain the same! cry
Dude try and talk with facts.
Did you visit the occultic world you refer to,to confirm that they are paddy paddy there?
Let us not get carried away from the topic at hand.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 15, 2013
swtchicgurl:

grin grin grin

You know why I laughed at the bolded? I got the exact reaction I expected when I wrote 'private jets'. grin

And yes, feel free to call me 'maga', i love to be called that. Infact some other people call it 'fools for Christ.' grin

So how the magas are not as blessed as their pastors? How come it is mostly the pastors that get this tithes blessing while a vast majority of their tithing congragations wallow in poverty

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 8:33pm On Oct 15, 2013
Ok, i'm back, where r d tithe fraudsters who claimed that Jesus is melchizedek, dats nt posible, Jesus is our HIGH PRIEST and Melchizek was an ordinary priest just like me, now there are some few points dat made d bible to declare dat melchi was "like unto the son of God", 1. Melchi was king-priest just like Jesus, just like me(rv1:6) 2. Melchi did nt inherit did nt hand over, just like Jesus, just like me, 3. Holds office(priesthood) 4ever, just like Jesus office(highpriesthood) is forever, just like me.. So d truthe is this, Jesus after he offered d perfect sacrifice on d cross, was promoted from d office of a priest to dat of a high priest(philipians 2:5-cool, he was in d same class with (order-of) but he passed his exams and was therefor PROMOTED to this new class, when we then accepted Jesus as our personal lord n saviour, we were also promoted to d next class of priests(rv 1:6) and unfortunately for melchi ,bc he could nt take d exams, found himself in d same class with us, d new set of priests, but, he's nt complaining, he's even happy to share in d same class with us. Dat's y u see today a christian is a 'blesser' , any place we find ourselves, dat place n d ppl there are blessed, we liberate, deliver, heal, give peace even forgive sins etc etc. Any place we find ourselves, we display God's excellencies n perfections(1peter2:9) etc, oh i feel like preaching!!!!!! Tithe collectors/payers u don't know what u r missing, pls cross over to freedom, get away from d law of sin n death n c6e over to d law of d spirit of life in Christ Jesus, bible calls this new law in jm1:25, "perfect law of liberty" (kjv), another translation calls it, "GOD'S law for freemen", yet another calls it, "God's law that sets men free". Tithe is part of d old law of (Moses) sin and death, dats bödage and a cursed life, set urself free from d tradition of men and churchianity. Remain blessed.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 8:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
@mko, ur posts resembles yahoo yahoo sales copy, y? By careful o, tithe fraud is very dangerous o, if u r a pastor, go n work, God has put so much in u, don't b a waste.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
@tithe collector, between God n you, why do u insist on this fraud? After reading tro this thread, what excuse will u give God?

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by christemmbassey(m): 8:37pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pls, sing with me- It is enough that Jesus died, and dat he died for meeeeee. It is enough that Jesus died, and that he died for me-o o o o o o. I av no other argument, l av no other plea -eeee. It is enough that Jesus died and that he died for me e e e e e e e e e.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by DrummaBoy(m): 9:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
@ m.k.o2005

Hebrew 7 shows us that Christ's priesthood can be likened to that of Melchizedek and does not teach that Jesus is Melchizedek. Such conclusion can only be made by a pre conceived mindset and not from what scriptures says.

Jesus Priesthood had to be likened to Melchizedek to help the Hebrew readers appreciate who this Jesus was and to see that His priesthood was GREATER than than that of Aaron, so that the readers may appreciate this new covenant and NOT SO THAT THEY COULD BEGIN TO TITHE THEIR INCOME.

Hebrew 7 also shows clearly that this priesthood proceeds from Judah, a tribe that doesn't collect tithe. How Jesus didn't collect tithes on earth but now needs it in heaven is simply incredible.

The biggest errors of our times proceeds from so called revelations on scriptures people receive beyond what the text of scripture truly says.

BTW, there are no records of Jesus, his apostles, Paul, or any 1st gen leaders collecting tithes. When did this revelation then begin?

7 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2013
DrummaBoy: @ m.k.o2005

The biggest errors of our times proceeds from so called revelations on scriptures people receive beyond what the text of scripture truly says.

I was talking again on the phone yesterday with that my mentor I once talked about who resigned as RCCG Pastor. He made confirmation to ^ the above statement and he said, Nigeria Christians are ignoring the text which leads to understand before application can be followed and are 'spiritualizing' the text claiming to have some 'rhema' and\or 'special revelation'.

This also is an error Paul, the Apostle dealt with in his days, it is called the 'Colossian heresy\error' where some folks claim special knowledge beyond the text of the written word. In deed, there's a big work to do for us, in the body of Christ. I will deal with Jesus being Melchizedek or not, with clear bible verses soon, perhaps before I sleep tonight. Again, the pro-tithe have nowhere to hide anymore, it is now, Jesus is Melchizedek so it means, Jesus HAD ALREADY COLLECTED tithe if he was Melchi and if we are seed of Abraham, we have also PAID TITHE IN ABRAHAM WHEN HE PAID TITHE TO MELCHI OR NA JESUS DEM DEY CALL HIM NOW. Besides, when did this Melchi or na Jesus CONTINUOUSLY collect tithe from Abraham on a monthly basis?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

As A Christian, How Far Should You Go With Your Girlfriend Physically? / MFM Gives N91m To Members With First-Class / Dr. Daniel & Shade Olukoya Celebrate 34th Wedding Anniversary

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.