Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,119 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30213 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by petgaji: 10:42am On Oct 15, 2013
Goshen360:

First, I believe you start out with good intension but I took time to understand what you saying. I understand what you said out of good heart and I also understand what you said based on ignorance and what you said based on religion and what you said based on 'follow-follow' mentality and what you said based on emotion.

The above I agree with you not calling them all names but that is not to say they cannot be spoken against or called out when they teach what is not sound doctrine. Also, you must understand not everyone of us will address issues with the same level. Please, let this understand be in you.

Now, this is the issue of religious sentiments and churchianity. Broad is the way that leads to destruction and many walk in it. I know you might want to read the religious mind into that text but it is what it is - many people will be doing what seems to be right but that God never approved. The fact that many Nigeria churches are doing it doesn't make it right.

The Lord said, for sometime you won't see me and after some time, you will see me again. These are the days we're are seeing the Jesus-kind of Christians. People who will not come to Christ because they want blessings, people who are challenge any religious teachings going on before, just like Jesus wiped the thieves in the temple. People who focus on Christ without mixing Judaism. These are all what Nigeria religious church is all about. But the good news is, there remain a remnant according to election of Grace.

You just said no matter the fight, it is an exercise in futility. You failed to understand the awakening is just beginning. First, by myself, I have delivered one RCCG pastor that used to be and is still my mentor. I discussed with him, calling him from the States here and as I began to delve into the word, he knew I was saying the truth. I told him to go study the subject of tithe again. Lo and behold, he called me back and said I was right. This might be a shocker to you - he resigned from RCCG and I wasn't the one that instructed him to resign.

Again, I'm believing God to start a teaching ministry in Nigeria and hope you will be alive to here of one brother Godwin (my real name) some day in the future. All false teachings (including tithe) going on before shall be dismantled. All Judaism shall be removed out of Christianity and the reality of the New Covenant in the finished works will be presented. I will not collect tithe directly or indirectly because ministry as the Lord is teaching me, is to care for the flock of God not collecting from them and it's a big responsibility. Ministry had been hijacked by men who are Judaizer but thinking they are practicing Christianity. If it is not Christ-like, it is not Christianity!!!

Very simple - Because it negates the Grace of Christ, the message of the Cross and the Apostolic doctrine.

And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. Act 2:42

You can't just conclude it is waste of time or exercise in futility, there is a great revival going on right now and knowledge is increasing. Wait a minute, what do you think when Christ said "in the last days, there will be many false Christ and they shall deceive many. . . " You think these false Christ will call themselves Christ? Just like Christ wiped the thieves out of the temple, we will continue these fight and awareness and in time to come, these false teachings to Christians will spread and apparently, those in business will be put out of business.

Lemme tell you what you don't understand. We present the truth as it is concerning tithe and tell whoever we teaching not to take our words for it but they should go, like the Bereans and study every where the tithe and tithing was ever taught in scripture and then we always get result except for those whose mind are religiously blinded because they exalted the words of their pastors more than the word of God. They can't believe their man of God can be lying to them for years. However, many Christians are too lazy to do study for themselves. The pastor is their bible study and they were indoctrinated to believe only men of God have 'special revelation' on God's word.

When someone want to build a house, the first thing is foundation. These men of God have laid foundation for continuous collection of tithe by mixing Judaism with Christianity. They have lifted what was written to Israel as what was written to the Church. Church people are confused, not knowing there left to right. They have created fear in the heart of people but lo and behold, my bible tells me, perfect love of God cast out fear. They have laid foundation in such a way that, they will continue to have customers coming to them for deliverance and visions and special messages\revelation etc which will in turn necessitate seed offerings and 'sow into the anointing' or 'point of contact' nonsense.

^ But, there's a remnant that have gone and be with the Lord and we have found of the tricks of the devil perpetrated by his minister calling themselves ministers of Christ. We have found the lies of the devil used by men on the pulpit to put God's children in bondage. Deliverance is here for God's people and do not think deliverance means casting out devils from a Christians but it means, accepting what had been done, what Christ had done by the One time offering of His blood.

Glory to God.

We have listened to you pro-tithe. What are your teaching? Tithing pre-date the law. You don't dispute that. From the pulpit, e.g Pastor E.A. Adeboye, returns to Malachi and threatens worshipers with curse of devourer? Can you honestly tell us he is preaching tithe that pre-dated the law? Pastor E.A. Adeboye instructed all parishes there will be no ordination or marriage conducted for non-tithers. Lemme tell you the truth in my heart today, I lost respect for him when I heard\read that. That's outright UN-APOSTOLIC!!!

2. Even Bidam your tithe brother agrees that Malachi was written to nation of Israel and the priest then but what do we see on the pulpit, pastors on the pulpit will quote out of context and deceive many to part weekly with their money every Sunday. This is also UN-APOSTOLIC!!!

3. I once asked someone, if I tithe ONCE like Abraham,can it be said that I am a tithe. Guess what, the person said, YES!!! I'm a tither. Why then should we be labeled anti-tithe if we, most against tithing for Christians had tithed more than ONCE unlike Abraham? Abraham wasn't obeying yearly commandment of tithe as commanded under the law of Moses, hence, the once. Many of us had tithed more than once, If God is to judge us or reward us based on more than once act, we should be more blessed than Abraham or what do you think?

4. Abraham did animal sacrifice before the law, should we, Christians also follow this example today? Abraham slept with house maid, should we do that? Abraham went to war, should we do that? Abraham used flesh to help God, should we do that?

5. Abraham's tithing of spoils from the war' is never included as content of tithe under the law. Hence, it is not a continuation or an extension of Abraham's tithe officially commanded in the law. Other things mentioned above that Abraham did were all addressed under the law but items from war were never accepted or included as tithable items under the law. So, why the confusion?

6. Abraham's tithing as he was operate under the 'covenant of promise' then. The covenant of the law (by works, men trying to do something for God instead of God doing some for men) came and everything changed. The law was given so that men will come to the end of his self efforts.

For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. Romans 4:2

You're simply using same tactics as these men of God we talking about. How do you know people will not come here anymore? Through this forum alone, many had been released from the yoke of men and bondage of the law of tithing. I have not tithed for many years, I have a good job, good benefits and pay and yet, I'm yet to see any 'devourer' in my life. Without boasting, I'm far better than many tithers in Nigeria. I know some religious mind will say I'm boasting but far from it - I'm saying what I am today is all by God's undeserved favour on me. I do not tithe but I'm a giver as I'm blessed.

1. I know many pro-tither who have more than 3 I.Ds, are you people not also guilty of same? Have you heard of online tracking softwares? All you have to do is, get one of them and install on your computer and run or open nairaland dot com on that software and you will be shocked how many of your pro-tithers with several I.Ds.

2. The most people I have seen twisting scripture the most are the pro-tithers e.g Olaadegbu, Bidam, Image123, Joagbaje, Gombs, Alwaystrue or abi na AlwaysLIE be that one name sef cheesy. These are chief scripture twisters on this forum as regards tithe. Scripture don't speak in tongues but very clear.

3. Who and who are arguing? Who lost and who won? Are you saying the pro-tithers don't insult us too. Both sides are guilty of insulting one another and I won't support one side against the other. In all, we should all be civic in our communication without resulting to insult.

4. Again, the greatest cunny people I have met in my whole life are, Olaadegbu, Bidam, Image123, Joagbaje, Gombs, Alwaystrue. Ask them questions, they will go in circle and give you scriptures that is far away from the point. They turn the table into something else. They are incapable of reasoning the scripture. Ask them simple logic question, they will attack your person and say you're too proud and using human knowledge to understand the word as if when the Holy Spirit teaches, he put the knowledge in the leg, not in our mind.

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 10:44am On Oct 15, 2013
Elliotwiz1: what actually is your problem? Is it that you don't understand what i posted or you don't want to understand it? The bible gave us a lot of examples of people who paid tithe and they ALL paid to people who were spiritually higher!!! How else do i explain this?

Take some time to read Deuteronomy. The poor and widow also benefited from tithe, were they spiritually higher? tithe beneficiary (the people tithe was paid to) was not about spiritual 'highness'. you have to be 'high' on some wicked stuff to hold that line of reasoning wink

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 10:48am On Oct 15, 2013
Bidam:
To make the article clearer for you candour and others i decided to copy paste the part about the pharisees which the article wrote using scriptural verses not historical records as you erroneously implied.

Lol @ the red highlight grin before nko? as if we expect you to type it out grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by petgaji: 10:49am On Oct 15, 2013
Goshen, i read 2ru ur post on d topic ''anti-tithers'' pls i wuld appreciate it if u culd gve me some biblical ref so i study 4 myself. Tanx.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2013
Pastor Kun:
Are you saying that the Levites were spiritually higher than everyone else just because they happen to come from the tribe of Levi? shocked

their wives, children all received tithe. maybe they are all spiritually higher.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by nep2ra(m): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2013
abbey621: I often wonder if Nigerians should be tested for mental illnesses. For goodness sake, this nation is probably the most religion driven nation in the world. Everywhere we turn, we have churches and mosques yet poverty everywhere, people dying like flies, one disaster after the other, yet we have so called Christians who call their pastors daddy all because he can perform magic tricks, we have people killing each other all because of some ignorant imam or senator. Now back to the topic, I find it interesting that certain aspects of the old testaments are done away with or no longer valid because of Jesus and the new testament, yet when it comes to tithe Christians love to go back to the old testament, we have pastors focusing more on tithes than spiritual healing, some of them eager to tell their congregation that they would not make heaven if they do not pay tithe, we have pastors buying jets, sponsoring politicians, building mansions and universities all out of money received from hard working Nigerians, yet the same people that diligently paid their tithes, cannot afford to send their children to the universities or even fly on an airplane. I believe man made religion and not the other way around, it is not by tithe or offering but by the magnitude of kindness in one's heart, Nigerians go to church or mosque every single day, pay tithe and act holy yet they beef their neighbors, ignore starving children and judge anyone or anything they do not understand, shame on all of you!!!!!!!!!!

You will live long and prosper!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 15, 2013
petgaji: Goshen, i read 2ru ur post on d topic ''anti-tithers'' pls i wuld appreciate it if u culd gve me some biblical ref so i study 4 myself. Tanx.

Do well to read this article http://www.bible-truths.com/tithing.html. You would find as many biblical reference as you would ever need.

May the Grace of God be with you as you study with an open and unbiased mind.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Candour(m): 11:08am On Oct 15, 2013
Bidam: There are sects in islam,yet they hold onto one god and one book the quran,there are sects in Christianity,yet they hold on to one god and one book the bible,so also there were 3 sects in Judaism during Jesus era and they held on to ONE GOD AND ONE TORAH(LAW OF MOSES).Jesus did not belong to the other 2.He belonged to the PHARISEES.get THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL PAL. cheesy

It was after his death that and resurrection that his disciples now formed a SECT CALLED THE WAY and not before,get that

So His disciples only formed another sect of Judaism right? No wonder you and others decided to form another tribe called pastors who now own the tithes.

Congrats on your devotion to the Jesus who was a Pharisee. May he give you peace. The Jesus of the bible who died for my sins disdained them with a passion which he never hid.

Meanwhile the insult you threw up there is very rich coming from you. I thought the OP said its those against compulsory tithes that insult? Hope you can sleep better now you finally got one off your chest?

You also should reason scriptures and not think with your anus, the pharisees were the ONLY SECT that believed there will be a Resurrection.They were the custodians of the LAW.THEY WERE LIKE THE BELIEVERS WE HAVE IN MODERN-DAY CHRISTIANITY.

You are really wallowing in the gutters this morning with all these obscenities......you must have had a real fellowship with the spirit of the Jesus of the pharisees you worship. Make sure to receive more inspiration to get further into the mud and mire to explore more insults and obscenities. Hope your self righteous friends can celebrate your 'sharp wit' with you?

So your logic there makes every Christian believer of the resurrection a Pharisee right? You are really utilising your brain and its only from it you could have come up with this ingenious 'wisdom'. Keep it up, my Christian pharisee.

Maybe you should go back to school and brush up your English because someone THINKS i never went to the university doesn't mean i did not go to the university. cheesy, They thought Jesus never learned the letters,were they with Jesus when he was asking questions at the age of 12? and going back to ask JOSEPH HIS FATHER A JUST MAN WHO KNEW THE LAW AND MARY HIS MOTHER A CHASTE WOMAN WHO OBEYED THE LAWS OF MOSES? Everybody knows it is the Jewish custom and traditions of the father to teach his sons the LAWS AND WAYS OF THE JEWISH PEOPLE.JOSEPH WAS A PHARISEE THROUGH AND THROUGH.

OK so its is father that taught him right? Your bible told you his father was just and it automatically made him a rabbi who could teach others the law right? Do you by any means remember Joseph was a carpenter and the rabbi's took their teaching as a proffesion?

The Jesus of the bible grew up a carpenter and didn't have the opportunity of studying under any rabbi. That is why they marveled. Jesus knew the law because he was filled with the Holy Spirit who is the great teacher. Try and get this. Its not that difficult.

You still did not get the point here.You said the temple was destroyed about 70 AD. The apostles NEVER depareted from the temple,they visit the temple regularly for prayers(ACTS 3) PETER,JAMES,JOHN AND OTHERS KEPT THE JEWISH LAWS AND THE JEWISH FEASTS
in the temple, not amongst themselves.
You err everything the article quoted wasn't even a historical record but the bible,it shows you never read the scripture they quoted and assumed you knew too much.Now inside Me and You, who is fond of digging historical records? grin Let others be the judge of that abeg

So because they met regularly in the temple, it automatically conferred on them the status of Levites who could receive tithes right? Meeting in the temple meant they could also appropriate the office of the priests to take charge of the 10% of tithes too, right?

Keep trying to squeeze collection of tithes into what the disciples did.

Of course I read and utilise historical records because common sense tells me that events in the bible happened at a particular time in history. You're the one who called other sources trash not me so I wonder why you made a recourse to them for help now.

You are still repeating what the article never said here instead of addressing my points. This is what i said digest it before rushing to argue,take your time,don't rush grin
. grin grin grin

Try look for another article. This one is too shallow to convince anybody that Jesus Christ was a Pharisee.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by truthislight: 11:11am On Oct 15, 2013
Bidam: You guys should get your facts right as bible students before crucifying me,because Jesus was in logger-heads with the pharisees doesn't negate the fact that he wasn't one of them.

I agree that the presentation of the Pharisees in the Gospels is generally negative. Jesus is seen to be disputing with them continually, which
suggests that his teaching was the antithesis of pharisaism. Closer investigation, however, does not support this suggestion.

Here is an article so you guys can learn cheesy

That ^ is a nonstarter.

Jesus was not part of the esterblished religiouse system of his day. QED.

Calling Jesus a pharisees is complete nonsensical.

Jesus was not, IS NOT A PHARISEE. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mojeer678: 11:16am On Oct 15, 2013
Candour: Some things not written expressly in scripture but which can be stated without fear of contradiction based on old testament history and laws. reading through the Old testament and the gospels, we can deduce the following

1. Jesus would NEVER have received tithes when he was on earth because he was not from the tribe of Levi.

2. The apostles would NEVER have received tithes because non was a Levite or serving at the Temple.

They all knew what the law says. Remember the law was in full operation then and the Levitical priesthood was in charge. I can confidently say here that if they had tried collecting tithes from any body, the Jews would have STONED THEM TO DEATH because it would have been Sacrilege. The law expressly said Levites collect the Tithes and remit 10% of it to the priest as a heave offering(Num 18:26-28)

The question now comes, how could the early Christians have paid tithe? who would they have paid it to?

Catholic history records tithe as being resurrected at a council in Tours(567AD) and Macon(585AD) and even then, it was strictly AGRIC produce NOT MONEY. Does it mean that all the Christians who lived in that span of over 500 years all sinned and are going to hell? Does it mean that they all broke a command of God? Does it mean they all died with devourers plaguing them all through?

How then did Tithe become a cardinal point of our Christianity today?

Hunger? and then greed and covetousness? and then finally control and manipulation. cool

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by MarkMiwerds(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2013
I encourage Christians to look around them. Look at those who are "tithing", and ask yourselves, "If God promised to open the windows of Heaven and pour out an overabundance of blessings upon these tithers, why is there no evidence that He has done so?"

They all claim to have been blessed for tithing. And no doubt, they may be blessed. But is it because they "tithed"?

The only true answer to that question is "NO"!

How can I say this? Because the promise for tithing is not just blessings, but rather it is an overabundance of blessings. So much blessings that one cannot contain them. An oversupply. Notice:

Malachi 3:10-11 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.

This is speaking of such a blessing that it would be quite noticeable by others that God has truly blessed. Blessings that the one being blessed wouldn't even have enough room for.

Yet, that is not what we see manifest in the majority of "tither's" life at all. It seems only the "Pastor's" have an overabundance. But their overabundance is not coming from God. Rather, it is coming from the pockets of those they preach the deceitful doctrine of "monetary tithe" to.

Why, in more than half a decade of "tithing" her money, did not my mother ever see the overabundance that God promised to give the tither? Simple answer... God never required a tithe of money, so He never promised any blessings for one tithing money.

Conclusion: The command to tithe and the blessings associated with tithing is not given to us today. It was for Israelites who were living in the dispensation of the Mosaic/Levitic Law.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by rhowly(m): 11:20am On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44: @OP

Your stupidity is quite profound!! What really is the essence of this thread? To kill off discussion on tithe? You are still a learner.

People would continue to get enlightened on the true essence of tithing and the principles behind it.Discussions on the topic cannot be stifled not even in a 100 years from now.it is even going to get worse with developments in the social media and other avenues of information disemination.

Our childrens will ask more questions than us.Their inquisitive minds would be open to answers from a various sources
I would liked your comment cos it was insightful but the insult wasn't necessary. Your message is undiluted without it. We must be an example to others. Disagreement are no reason to be verbally abusive. Didn't intend to offend you with my rebuke. Peace bruh
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 11:38am On Oct 15, 2013
petgaji: Goshen, i read 2ru ur post on d topic ''anti-tithers'' pls i wuld appreciate it if u culd gve me some biblical ref so i study 4 myself. Tanx.

A brother on this forum already did a good job on your ^ above request. I will just give you the link to his thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1470181/all-mention-tithe-tithes-tenth

fr evangel:

The purpose of this thread is to get Christians, whether or not you believe in the doctrine of tithe, to go back to the scripture, the Written Word, and check again, every place tithe, tithes and tenth unto, was used in the Bible.

These are just the verses, you may have to read the whole chapter, several chapters and in some cases, the whole book (e.g. Malachi), to get it into context.

It took me several months to complete the study, it might take you less or more, but please PRAYERFULLY study for yourself.
2 Tim 2:15; 2 Tim 3:16;

You may use bible.com for several translations and easy bookmarking.

I hope I didn't leave any out, If I have, please post it, so it can be added.

May God grant us understanding of His word.

Gen_14:20 And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.

Gen_28:22 And this stone, which I have set for a pillar, shall be God's house: and of all that thou shalt give me I will surely give the tenth unto thee.

Lev_27:30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD'S: it is holy unto the LORD.

Lev_27:32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the LORD.

Lev_27:31 And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.

Num_18:24 But the tithes of the children of Israel, which they offer as an heave offering unto the LORD, I have given to the Levites to inherit: therefore I have said unto them, Among the children of Israel they shall have no inheritance.

Num_18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the LORD, even a tenth part of the tithe.

Num_18:28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the LORD of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the LORD'S heave offering to Aaron the priest.

Deu_12:17 Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand:

Deu_14:22 Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year.

Deu_14:28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:

Deu_12:6 And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks:

2Ch_31:5 And as soon as the commandment came abroad, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of corn, wine, and oil, and honey, and of all the increase of the field; and the tithe of all things brought they in abundantly.

2Ch_31:6 And concerning the children of Israel and Judah, that dwelt in the cities of Judah, they also brought in the tithe of oxen and sheep, and the tithe of holy things which were consecrated unto the LORD their God, and laid them by heaps.

2Ch_31:12 And brought in the offerings and the tithes and the dedicated things faithfully: over which Cononiah the
Levite was ruler, and Shimei his brother was the next.

Neh_10:37 And that we should bring the firstfruits of our dough, and our offerings, and the fruit of all manner of trees, of wine and of oil, unto the priests, to the chambers of the house of our God; and the tithes of our ground unto the Levites, that the same Levites might have the tithes in all the cities of our tillage.

Neh_10:38 And the priest the son of Aaron shall be with the Levites, when the Levites take tithes: and the Levites shall bring up the tithe of the tithes unto the house of our God, to the chambers, into the treasure house.

Neh_12:44 And at that time were some appointed over the chambers for the treasures, for the offerings, for the firstfruits, and for the tithes, to gather into them out of the fields of the cities the portions of the law for the priests and Levites: for Judah rejoiced for the priests and for the Levites that waited.

Neh_13:5 And he had prepared for him a great chamber, where aforetime they laid the meat offerings, the frankincense, and the vessels, and the tithes of the corn, the new wine, and the oil, which was commanded to be given to the Levites, and the singers, and the porters; and the offerings of the priests.

Neh_13:12 Then brought all Judah the tithe of the corn and the new wine and the oil unto the treasuries.

Amo_4:4 Come to Bethel, and transgress; at Gilgal multiply transgression; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years:

Mal_3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me. But you say, In what have we robbed You? In the tithe and the offering!

Mal_3:10 Bring all the tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house. And test Me now with this, says Jehovah of Hosts, to see if I will not open the windows of Heaven for you, and pour out a blessing for you, until there is not enough room.

Mat_23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luk_11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Luk_18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

Heb_7:2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;

Heb_7:4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Heb_7:5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Heb_7:6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

Heb_7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Heb_7:9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

https://www.nairaland.com/1470181/all-mention-tithe-tithes-tenth

The Lord bless you and everyone else who will make up their mind to study this subject for themselves and found the truth in God's word.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by abakiki(f): 11:46am On Oct 15, 2013
I usually don't get involved in such thread but had a strong inclination to get involved in this one believing that one or two people would learn something from this.
I would take the issue of tithing from two angles;
First of all, am a faithful tither and do not need to be cajoled to pay my tithe. I believe we've all been at a point in our lives when we asked ourselves what was the necessity of tithing. Naturally, humans are selfish and do not want to release thier hard earned money. So I prayed and asked God to help me and this is what he told me.
Gen. 1v 29: Everything that has the ability to multiply has a seed in it for continuity. Every fruit has a seed in it, you eat the fruit and you sow the seed. Now I ask, does money have the ability to multiply? If your answer is yes, then there's a seed in it. The 10% is the seed while the 90% is the fruit. Eat the fruit (90%), but sow the seed (10%]. The more you eat your tithe, you are eating into your future. Now, this was a personal revelation I received from God and it's been working for me.
Secondly, Lev.18v24-26: The Levites (PRIESTS) where never given an inheritance among the children of isreal, instead, the tithes of all isreal where given to the Levites to inherit for the furtherance of God's work. They were meant to concentrate on service to God. Likewise, your tithe is meant for the furtherance of the gospel. For example, at the end of the month, you pay tax to the govt for the dev. of the nation. Likewise, you pay your tithe for the furtherance of the gospel. Let me ask, what do you think will happen of all Christians no longer pay tithes and bring their offerings? Can't remember the exact place in the Bible, but the Levites abandoned the work of God and went to make other sources of livelihood. My Pastor who is a qualified lawyer would probably dust his wig and go into full employment. The endpoint is that the churches will die slowly and that is the plot of the enemy..
With this, I rest my case.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mojeer678: 11:55am On Oct 15, 2013
Elantracey: Ah dont seem to get wat dese anti tithers issues re,is it dat payin tithe is biblically rong or dey re dont just want pple to pay tithe because dey feel pastors re extortin pple wit it ah just dont get it...pls one of dem should give me a verse in d bible were we were told not not to pay tithe if not dis is solely baseless.. It's quite understandable dat we re no longer under d law but remember tithing was never among d laws it was just a practice Ah rest ma case

Didn't you read some if not all of the posts before yours? So, what case are you resting? undecided
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mojeer678: 11:56am On Oct 15, 2013
Elantracey: Ah dont seem to get wat dese anti tithers issues re,is it dat payin tithe is biblically rong or dey re dont just want pple to pay tithe because dey feel pastors re extortin pple wit it ah just dont get it...pls one of dem should give me a verse in d bible were we were told not not to pay tithe if not dis is solely baseless.. It's quite understandable dat we re no longer under d law but remember tithing was never among d laws it was just a practice Ah rest ma case

Didn't you read some if not all of the posts before yours? So, what case are you resting? undecided

You have a brain in your head, use it. Don't rely on someone else to do your thinking for you, not even your pastor grin
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
Zikkyy:

Take some time to read Deuteronomy. The poor and widow also benefited from tithe, were they spiritually higher? tithe beneficiary (the people tithe was paid to) was not about spiritual 'highness'. you have to be 'high' on some wicked stuff to hold that line of reasoning wink
please please, There's a difference between the beneficiaries and the real recipients.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:02pm On Oct 15, 2013
chukwudi44:

Too bad you quoted all this scriptures without anything in them to justify xtian tithing too bad!!
What do you know about tithing ?

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
abakiki: I usually don't get involved in such thread but had a strong inclination to get involved in this one believing that one or two people would learn something from this.
First of all, am a faithful tither and do not need to be cajoled to pay my tithe. I believe we've all been at a point in our lives when we asked ourselves what was the necessity of tithing. Naturally, humans are selfish and do not want to release thier hard earned money. So I prayed and asked God to help me and this is what he told me.
Gen. 1v 29: Everything that has the ability to multiply has a seed in it for continuity. Every fruit has a seed in it, you eat the fruit and you sow the seed. Now I ask, does money have the ability to multiply? If your answer is yes, then there's a seed in it. The 10% is the seed while the 90% is the fruit. Eat the fruit (90%), but sow the seed (10%]. The more you eat your tithe, you are eating into your future. Now, this was a personal revelation I received from God and it's been working for me.
Secondly, Lev.18v24-26: The Levites (PRIESTS) where never given an inheritance among the children of isreal, instead, the tithes of all isreal where given to the Levites to inherit for the furtherance of God's work. They were meant to concentrate on service to God. Likewise, your tithe is meant for the furtherance of the gospel. For example, at the end of the month, you pay tax to the govt for the dev. of the nation. Likewise, you pay your tithe for the furtherance of the gospel. Let me ask, what do you think will happen of all Christians no longer pay tithes and bring their offerings? Can't remember the exact place in the Bible, but the Levites abandoned the work of God and went to make other sources of livelihood. My Pastor who is a qualified lawyer would probably dust his wig and go into full employment. The endpoint is that the churches will die slowly and that is the plot of the enemy..

I would rather give everything i have for the furtherance of the gospel than a meager 10%, because he owns all that i have. Serving God should not be a business arrangement whereby you agree with him to give him 10% of your income so he can give your your blessings.
Tell me, how were the early churches sustained without tithe? How was Paul able to do all his exploits, which i bet your pastors can never dream about, all without anybody tithing anything to him?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2013
abakiki: I usually don't get involved in such thread but had a strong inclination to get involved in this one believing that one or two people would learn something from this.
Thank you my brother for ur write up. But i ask all who say i should no longer tithe. 'If Jesus collected tithe,commended it and NEVER at anytime asked us not to tithe any longer,how then should a mere man ask me not to tithe ?

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 15, 2013
Elliotwiz1: please please, There's a difference between the beneficiaries and the real recipients.

grin please brother, educate us more on the difference.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:11pm On Oct 15, 2013
shachris:

I would rather give everything i have for the furtherance of the gospel than a meager 10%, because he owns all that i have. Serving God should not be a business arrangement whereby you agree with him to give him 10% of your income so he can give your your blessings.
Tell me, how were the early churches sustained without tithe? How was Paul able to do all his exploits, which i bet your pastors can never dream about, all without anybody tithing anything to him?
I think you are wrong bro ! People tithed,sowed seeds,gave gifts,made contribution for the furtherance of the gospel in Paul's days !
You said you would rather give all than give a meager 10 percent,but how then you still struggle with the 10 percent that was collected and is still received by Christ today ?

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:12pm On Oct 15, 2013
shachris:

grin please brother, educate us more on the difference.
Jesus receives the tithe and the church benefit's from it ! You can be one of the beneficiaries as a body of Christ if you desire !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 12:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
grin
shachris:

And this is all we keep hearing. The 'mere' Tithe is not only what is used to further the gospel. We have not spoken about offerings, giving for welfare of all forms of needy people as I have earlier stated in prior posts. Which further the gospel. Tithe is not the end of giving. It is not about saying my all is God's yet claiming one is mere..it is about DOING.

Jesus clearly spoke about thinking like this in Matthew 23:24. The 'mere tithe' as you call it is like a gnat yet you claim to swallow a camel.

Hearts that truly love are always willing to give to God in different forms not constantly strain ing at the acclaimed 'mere'.
It is nothing but hypocrisy, simply. smiley
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:21pm On Oct 15, 2013
m.k.o2005:

I think you are wrong bro ! People tithed,sowed seeds,gave gifts,made contribution for the furtherance of the gospel in Paul's days !
You said you would rather give all than give a meager 10 percent,but how then you still struggle with the 10 percent that was collected and is still received by Christ today ?

God help us

Please can you show me a bible verse that justifies your claim that early CHRISTIANS, not people, paid tithe?
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mojeer678: 12:22pm On Oct 15, 2013

Your analogy is flawed, your lawyer pastor is not of the Levitical priesthood. Your personal revelation can't override Biblical truths.

The fact that your choice of action 'works' for you doesn't mean you are doing the right thing. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Your inability to remember the 'exact place in the Bible' says a lot about the type of 'spiritual growth and development' you've been getting from your tithe-guzzling establishments.

Know what? It's better for your lawyer pastor to dust his wig and gown and enter into real work & cease perpetuating the lies and deception prevalent in the society in the Name of the Lord.

All of these trees not planted by the Lord would be uprooted and dragged into the fire. The true body of the Lord can't die and the enemy cannot overcome it. If that's your justification for paying tithe, then you're to be pitied of all men.

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by mko2005: 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
shachris: Tithing is Unscriptural Under the New Covenant

Capital error !
Jesus collected tithe,HE commended tithing and HE NEVER in any of HIS teaching admonish us against tithing !
If HE collected it & commended,how then do you expect me to stop giving it !

God help us
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 15, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Thank you my brother for ur write up. But i ask all who say i should no longer tithe. 'If Jesus collected tithe,commended it and NEVER at anytime asked us not to tithe any longer,how then should a mere man ask me not to tithe ?

God help us

Bros abeg can show just show me Just ONE BIBLICAL VERSE where Jesus collected tithe from anyone

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by debosky(m): 12:26pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2013
Alwaystrue: grin

And this is all we keep hearing. The 'mere' Tithe is not only what is used to further the gospel. We have not spoken about offerings, giving for welfare of all forms of needy people as I have earlier stated in prior posts. Which further the gospel. Tithe is not the end of giving. It is not about saying my all is God's yet claiming one is mere..it is about DOING.

Jesus clearly spoke about thinking like this in Matthew 23:24. The 'mere tithe' as you call it is like a gnat yet you claim to swallow a camel.

Hearts that truly love are always willing to give to God in different forms not constantly strain ing at the acclaimed 'mere'.
It is nothing but hypocrisy, simply. smiley

Please remember that people tithing are doing so for selfish reason, so that God would bless THEM abundantly, and are never concerned with the propagation of the good news of Christ. The pastors merely prey on your Greediness to milk you dry, just like a good con artist. Bring 10% and receive heaven and earth. lol.

I would give according to my richness in glory and blessing, as Jacob of old, and not get tied to a Mosaic covenant that my Savior Jesus abolished many centuries ago. tongue
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 15, 2013
m.k.o2005:

Capital error !
Jesus collected tithe,HE commended tithing and HE NEVER in any of HIS teaching admonish us against tithing !
If HE collected it & commended,how then do you expect me to stop giving it !

God help us

shocked shocked shocked

Another blasphemy. First Jesus was a Pharisee, now he collected TITHES??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Superstition, The Bane Of The Nigerian Mind / What Is The Funniest And Most Unnecessary Testimony You Have Heard In Church. / 10 Ways To Enjoy Christmas When You Are Broke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.