Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches (30143 Views)

.:: Non-tithers Are Criminals ::. / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by tpia5: 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Goshen360:

. . . but I will not be brought under the power of any, such as someone telling me must I enter every tithe thread. cheesy

you are already under the power of trolling every tithe related thread.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by DrummaBoy(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
I am restraining myself from asking how old is the OP.

But since there is liberty to open threads we may indulge such ignorance or, as in this case, try to enlighten it.

I do not call myself an anti--tithers ; if however, I am called that, I do not resist it. While there are many issues raised by the OP, i will like to respond to the issue of age in Christian ministry and why one shouldnt disparage older folks in ministry. I agree and in most of my discuss I try not to insult both old or young. But...

Tithing as we have it today is false doctrine and the bible does not have kind words for people who propagate it. At worst, scriptures call them 'accursed', regardless of age.

OP, the gospel didn't start with Adeboye, Oyedepo, Hagin, Osteen, Olukoya, etc. It started some 2000 yrs ago. Have you heard of Augustine, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Martyn Lloyd Jones, Wesley, Whitefield, etc? Google and find out what they preached. It is totally alien to what we hear today.

Gospel isn't age; its TRUTH!

9 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by truthislight: 10:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
bokom: Pls read and think of it ...,Pastors are building Empires for themselves.... These Pastors tell us 'law' came by moses, but 'grace' came by Jesus... They pray with the grace of Jesus, and collect money with the law of Moses. They are Christians, but nothing Christ-like about them anymore... Jesus Christ was a just man, who understood the principle of the 'widow's mite', but our today Pastors don't give a shit about widow's mite... The more you give, the more important you're in today's churches, irrespective of wether the money is ill-gotten or not. JUST GIVE!!!! The bible is now a weapon of mass deception... They twist the bible knowing that people are lazy to read. They collect 10% tithe, they collect welfare offering, they collect building offering, regular offering *all from one month's salary etc.... After which they will ask you to make vows and sow seeds at random! Haha!! Why won't they be billionaires?After collection, they build high profile schools, exotic Hotels and Hospitals for Politicians and their children, not caring about people who have been giving their widow's mite. The bible said "give that there may be meat in my store house"... God never said you should keep collecting after you have an overflow.
Otunba Fayo OgunkanmbiBOWEN UNIVERSITY N650,000 persemester, COVENANT UNIVERSITY N640,000 per semester, BENSON IDAHOSA N500,000 per semester, JABU450,000 per semester, BABCOCK UNIVERSITY N450,000 per semester, REDEEMERS UNIVERSITY N450,000 persemester, AJAYI CROWTHER UNIVERSITY N350,000 per semester, MADONNA UNIVERSITY 350,000 per semester. ALLOF THESE UNIVERSITIES WERE BUILTFROM TITHES AND OFFERINGS OF THECOMMON PEOPLE WHO NOW CAN'TAFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN THERE! where is the morals of thechurch going? These schools were all built with the sweats of their church members who kept sowing seeds; special offering seeds, first fruit seed,redemption seed, thanksgiving seed, harvest seed, tithes, pastor's birthday seed, church building seed, evangelism seed, father's day seed, mother's day seed, children' day seed, pastor's cake seed, olive oil seed, etc. These schls are now elite schools, only for the rich politician children. The gainers then use the profits to buy private planes $ jets to fly up high in luxury. While Warren Buffet who has a company that build jets, still fly around on public commercial jet. Meanwhile, their members sleep hungry & d next Sunday, they will read Malachi 3:6-12. If you think this is unfair, like me, please pass on dis msg because this is reality & we should start the change now! May God deliver us.

https://www.nairaland.com/1476356/nigerian-pastors-must-read#1878144

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
@ D'boy,

It's all about the confusion of church people not knowing under what covenant they are neither do they understand the terms of agreement. Pastors have created so much confusion and the whole thing mixed up. We must continue to do the sorting. I continue to see the need to continue this process of liberation.

@ truthislight,

That write up was my first read this morning when I woke up. It was heart touching and inspired my fight for the truth. I bookmarked that thread.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 5:20am On Oct 14, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Tithing as we have it today is false doctrine and the bible does not have kind words for people who propagate it. At worst, scriptures call them 'accursed', regardless of age.
Kindly show us from scripture where this lie you stated was mentioned.

Gospel isn't age; its TRUTH!
What is truth..?Is tithe not written in your bible? Is the jewish God different from the gentile God? Is Jesus a pharisee?
Was Paul a pharisee? Are you not circumcised before you knew Christ and start reading the bible? Stop deceiving yourself abeg.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 14, 2013
When analyzing scripture I always ask these 3 questions:
1) Who was it written to?
2) On what occassion?
3) Why was it written?

These questions when answered truthfully will help us avoid errors.
Tithing was instituted by God. It was given TO THE JEWS in order to support the priesthood on ground.
The Gentiles (we) weren't given this instruction because we weren't part of Isreal's commonwealth.
Along time we got engraft but according to another priesthood (of which we r all priests).
This new priesthood isn't an extension or continuation of d old.
I'm yet to see instructions regarding tithing to fund this priesthood. U r only asked to give.
I rest my case

7 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 9:07am On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Kindly show us from scripture where this lie you stated was mentioned.

What is truth..?Is tithe not written in your bible? Is the jewish God different from the gentile God? Is Jesus a pharisee?
Was Paul a pharisee? Are you not circumcised before you knew Christ and start reading the bible? Stop deceiving yourself abeg.

There is no where the bible said we should not pay tithe but there is a place it said we should pay tithe. There is a place that the bible allowed the sacrifice of animals for atonement of sin and there is a place it clearly cancelled it. There is a place the bible said we should keep the sabbath holy and there is a place it said that one man can esteem any day as holy while another do not, that both of them do it to the Lord. It went further to say let no man judge you concerning the sabbath day.... These are clear statements and that's how clear the scripture is. In the case of tithe no clear statement cancelling or condemning it rather what I ve been hearing is people telling me its for the levites, its for the priest, its not for christians, bla bla bla... I don't need anybody's interpretation because that's what has brought confusion in christianity. If they can't show me where tithe is outrightly cancelled ( making it a sin or abomination as they claim here) as in the case of the sacrifice of animal that I mentioned then it remains their personal opinion which I can't buy into.

6 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by PastorKun(m): 10:04am On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

There is no where the bible said we should not pay tithe but there is a place it said we should pay tithe. There is a place that the bible allowed the sacrifice of animals for atonement of sin and there is a place it clearly cancelled it. There is a place the bible said we should keep the sabbath holy and there is a place it said that one man can esteem any day as holy while another do not, that both of them do it to the Lord. It went further to say let no man judge you concerning the sabbath day.... These are clear statements and that's how clear the scripture is. In the case of tithe no clear statement cancelling or condemning it rather what I ve been hearing is people telling me its for the levites, its for the priest, its not for christians, bla bla bla... I don't need anybody's interpretation because that's what has brought confusion in christianity. If they can't show me where tithe is outrightly cancelled ( making it a sin or abomination as they claim here) as in the case of the sacrifice of animal that I mentioned then it remains their personal opinion which I can't buy into.

We have showed you were tithing was clearly abolished in the bible even though you refuse to accept it. Hebrews 7:5-19 is very unambiguous, verse 18 in that passage read in proper context makes it crystal clear that tithing has been abolished.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

We have showed you were tithing was clearly abolished in the bible even though you refuse to accept it. Hebrews 7:5-19 is very unambiguous, verse 18 in that passage read in proper context makes it crystal clear that tithing has been abolished.
Can you show us where it was specifically abolished?I checked but i can't see where tithe was written there sir

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by swtchicgurl: 10:34am On Oct 14, 2013
God2man,

God bless you for your post. well done.

@Others, I've decided to advice and look. But the truth remains that there are some 'issues' that will be resolved by God the moment you start paying your tithe. Some of them include health, financial and progress.

May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by DrummaBoy(m): 10:51am On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Kindly show us from scripture where this lie you stated was mentioned.

Galatians 1:8-9

That scripture is a sound word of rebuke to those who confuse law with grace; the very error of tithe advocates.

As for the other issue U raised on my post, a newbee on this forum, Bobbysworld28, has answered you very adequately.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 14, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Galatians 1:8-9

That scripture is a sound word of rebuke to those who confuse law with grace; the very error of tithe advocates.
Yet Paul validate the usefulness of the Law in Rom 3:31,He even used the LAW to validate new testament principles in 1 COR 9:13 and 1 cor 14:34, so who is fooling who? definitely not Paul except you guys who are in the habit of twisting Paul letters an using the grace of God as a license for lawlessness.Peter was apt in calling you lawless and unstable minds.
As for the other issue U raised on my post, a newbee on this forum, Bobbysworld28, has answered you very adequately.
He is ignorant concerning tithing predating the Law and the priesthood of Melchizedek which you guys tried to twist without success, More so he failed to see tithing was regulated under the Law and Christians tithe by Faith and not because the Law says so... cheesy
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 12:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Yet Paul validate the usefulness of the Law in Rom 3:31,He even used the LAW to validate new testament principles in 1 COR 9:13 and 1 cor 14:34, so who is fooling who? definitely not Paul except you guys who are in the habit of twisting Paul letters an using the grace of God as a license for lawlessness.Peter was apt in calling you lawless and unstable minds.
He is ignorant concerning tithing predating the Law and the priesthood of Melchizedek which you guys tried to twist without success, More so he failed to see tithing was regulated under the Law and Christians tithe by Faith and not because the Law says so... cheesy

I have at least 10 New Testament scriptures that abolished tithing. The problem is, when you're shown, you will still argue and run to Abraham tithe. I also have Scriptures that destroyed Abraham's argument. Tell your friend, that opened a thread calling me out to come answer the questions - that is why I intend showing where New Testament abolished tithing and if I don't see you guys there, I will start another thread on that. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Hebrews 7:1-28.
This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him, 2 and Abraham gave him a tenth of everything. First, his name means "king of righteousness"; then also, "king of Salem" means "king of peace." 3 Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, like the Son of God he remains a priest forever. 4 Just think how great he was: Even the patriarch Abraham gave him a tenth of the plunder! 5 Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people--that is, their brothers--even though their brothers are descended from Abraham. 6 This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater. 8 In the one case, the tenth is collected by men who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living. 9 One might even say that Levi, who collects the tenth, paid the tenth through Abraham, 10 because when Melchizedek met Abraham, Levi was still in the body of his ancestor.
Jesus Like Melchizedek
11 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood (for on the basis of it the law was given to the people), why was there still need for another priest to come--one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? 12 For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law. 13 He of whom these things are said belonged to a different tribe, and no one from that tribe has ever served at the altar. 14 For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests. 15 And what we have said is even more clear if another priest like Melchizedek appears, 16 one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is declared: "You are a priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." 18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God. 20 And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath, 21 but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him: "The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind: 'You are a priest forever.' " 22 Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantee of a better covenant. 23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them. 26 Such a high priest meets our need--one who is holy, blameless, pure, set apart from sinners, exalted above the heavens. 27 Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. 28 For the law appoints as high priests men who are weak; but the oath, which came after the law, appointed the Son, who has been made perfect forever.

I ve quoted the hebrew 7:1-28.
Verse 18 never talked about abolishing of tithe rather of the levitical priesthood (which is temporary) being replaced with a permanent one which is Jesus Christ. The core message of this place is not even tithe but its drawing a comparison between the levtical presthood, that of Melchizedec and Christ. Telling us how Christ, whose priesthood is permanent and came with an oat has sacrificed for our sin once and for all unlike that of the levitical priesthood which requires day to day sacrifice of animal twice for sin- one for the priest and the other for the rest of the people. And their priesthood did not come with an oat. Again that the priesthood of Christ is patterened like that of Melchizedec. The tithe that came in there wasn't even the core message and there is no place in this scripture that pointed clearly that tithe is cancelled but there is a place that it said that the day to day sacrifice for sin as it was in the levitical priesthood is no more there in Christ. Verse 25-27 above is clear on this. Kindly show me a clear statement such as that where tithe is cancelled. No stories pls. The bible is clear and simple to understand.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by PastorKun(m): 12:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Can you show us where it was specifically abolished?I checked but i can't see where tithe was written there sir

We've been through this before and you have been taught by several sound bible teachers so either you have english comprehension issues, you are thick in the skull or you are deliberately being ignorant.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

Verse 18 never talked about abolishing of tithe rather of the levitical priesthood (which is temporary) being replaced with a permanent one which is Jesus Christ. The core message of this place is not even tithe but its drawing a comparison between the levtical presthood, that of Melchizedec and Christ. Telling us how Christ, whose priesthood is permanent and came with an oat has sacrificed for our sin once and for all unlike that of the levitical priesthood which requires day to day sacrifice of animal twice for sin- one for the priest and the other for the rest of the people. And their priesthood did not come with an oat. Again that the priesthood of Christ is patterened like that of Melchizedec. The tithe that came in there wasn't even the core message and there is no place in this scripture that pointed clearly that tithe is cancelled but there is a place that it said that the day to day sacrifice for sin as it was in the levitical priesthood is no more there in Christ. Verse 25-27 above is clear on this. Kindly show me a clear statement such as that where tithe is cancelled. No stories pls. The bible is clear and simple to understand.

My brother, you're reading in superlative mood. Digest one verse at a time and ask questions. Besides, what translation is that please?

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by PastorKun(m): 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Alexleo
As I have always said verse 5 is key to understanding that passage. Verse 5 makes it clear that the commandment to collect tithe is based on the law. Now the law and the priesthood as been abolished so why should tithe remain Fact is that tithe did not remain and was NEVER practised or taught by the early church until the catholic church re introduced it in 585AD for their own selfish reason. Tithing was never a christian doctrine established by Christ and the Apostles but an obvious latter day addition by greedy catholic priests.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 12:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

Before you start looking for scripture to prove tithe been canceled, you need to first determine the nature of the tithe itself. If you define tithe as a tenth of income, you will not find scriptures that says tithe of income been canceled, cos tithe of income was never biblical. So, what tithe been canceled? It was the tithe instituted by God himself for the Israelite. Any other tithing practice is man made.

I believe the idea of giving a tenth or 10% of can never be canceled. Why? cos every giving is a percentage of something. While i agree that the act of giving a tenth of income to church or pastor may not be sinful, it can lead to display of un-Christ-like behaviours especially when the giving is not done with a sincere heart. The tithe gospel is a dangerous one cos it has the potential to promote greed, selfishness e.t.c.

alexleo:
... These are clear statements and that's how clear the scripture is. In the case of tithe no clear statement cancelling or condemning it rather what I ve been hearing is people telling me its for the levites, its for the priest, its not for christians, bla bla bla... I don't need anybody's interpretation because that's what has brought confusion in christianity. If they can't show me where tithe is outrightly cancelled ( making it a sin or abomination as they claim here) as in the case of the sacrifice of animal that I mentioned then it remains their personal opinion which I can't buy into.

What tithe are you paying? Tithe commanded/instituted by God or one instituted by Alexleo? It's very true God's tithe was for the Levites. It was never something for the Christian community to adopt as a command or requirement. You must understand that your giving a tenth of your income to your church is not the issue. The problem comes from pastors/tithers justifying the payment by reference to mosaic law. It is the gospel of giving a tenth of your income under mosaic law that is wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

We've been through this before and you have been taught by several sound bible teachers so either you have english comprehension issues, you are thick in the skull or you are deliberately being ignorant.
I taught everyone is a bible student and not a bible teacher here.I can see your carnal pride and arrogance in display everywhere on this forum.If you can't show me where the tithe was abolished then,it's best you shut your trap.

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
another recycled garbage in display again.. cheesy

Goshen..you can open the thread and outline the scriptures that specifically abolished tithing..The word tithe should be on it cheesy

I don't want your lengthy eisegesis,they make me puke embarassed

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

Before you start looking for scripture to prove tithe been canceled, you need to first determine the nature of the tithe itself. If you define tithe as a tenth of income, you will not find scriptures that says tithe of income been canceled, cos tithe of income was never biblical. So, what tithe been canceled? It was the tithe instituted by God himself for the Israelite. Any other tithing practice is man made.

I believe the idea of giving a tenth or 10% of can never be canceled. Why? cos every giving is a percentage of something. While i agree that the act of giving a tenth of income to church or pastor may not be sinful, it can lead to display of un-Christ-like behaviours especially when the giving is not done with a sincere heart. The tithe gospel is a dangerous one cos it has the potential to promote greed, selfishness e.t.c.

What tithe are you paying? Tithe commanded/instituted by God or one instituted by Alexleo? It's very true God's tithe was for the Levites. It was never something for the Christian community to adopt as a command or requirement. You must understand that your giving a tenth of your income to your church is not the issue. The problem comes from pastors/tithers justifying the payment by reference to mosaic law. It is the gospel of giving a tenth of your income under mosaic law that is wrong.

I'm Goshen360 and I endorse this truth!!!

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

Pastor Kun: @Alexleo
As I have always said verse 5 is key to understanding that passage. Verse 5 makes it clear that the commandment to collect tithe is based on the law. Now the law and the priesthood as been abolished so why should tithe remain Fact is that tithe did not remain and was NEVER practised or taught by the early church until the catholic church re introduced it in 585AD for their own selfish reason. Tithing was never a christian doctrine established by Christ and the Apostles but an obvious latter day addition by greedy catholic priests.

5 Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people--that is, their brothers--even though their brothers are descended from Abraham............

.......12 For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.

5 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bidam: Can you show us where it was specifically abolished?I checked but i can't see where tithe was written there sir

The issue of tithe is mentioned from verse 1-10 of the Hebrew 7 where it was said of how melchizedec collected tithe just like the levites. But from verse 11-28 was purely about the priesthood of Christ and its similarity with that of Melchizedec. How it is of much benefit and perfect for our salvation or cleansing of our sins than that of the levites. Verse 18 was obviously not talking about abolishing of tithe. Just that over the years we have always used cut and join quoting of the scriptures to support whatever we want. For me, I no more read the bible that way. I must read the whole content of the chapter and understand what its talking about.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
^ @ Alexleo, read what Zikky posted. The problem has not always been reading scripture, the problem has always been understanding it and understanding it in context.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Goshen360(m): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
alexleo:

Zikkyy:

5 Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people--that is, their brothers--even though their brothers are descended from Abraham............

.......12 For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.

And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a COMMANDMENT to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Who is made, not after the law of a carnal COMMANDMENT , but after the power of an endless life.

For there is verily a disannulling of the COMMANDMENT GOING BEFORE for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

4 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 12:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Zikkyy:

.......12 For when there is a CHANGE of the priesthood, there must also be a CHANGE of the law.
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2013

14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe MOSES SPOKE NOTHING concerning PRIESTHOOD.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a FLESHLY COMMANDMENT, but according to the power of an endless life
17 For He testifies: “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the FORMER COMMANDMENT because of its weakness and unprofitableness,
Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by PastorKun(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Goshen360:

And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a COMMANDMENT to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Who is made, not after the law of a carnal COMMANDMENT , but after the power of an endless life.

For there is verily a disannulling of the COMMANDMENT GOING BEFORE for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

This summary makes it crystal clear. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Na who dey twist scriptures here? grin Did the melchizedek priesthood received tithe or not? The levitical priesthood and the ordinances were CHANGED TO MELCHIZEDEK PRIESTHOOD.THE LAWS WERE CHANGED NOT CANCELLED,DON'T DO BACK DOOR WURUWURU BRING THAT SCRIPTURE INTO THIS MATTER. grin

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by alexleo(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2013

Abraham paid tithe. Under which law was he because you peopLe are talkIng about mosaic law? Did the Mosaic law come into operation during the time of Abraham?

Verse 6-8 of the Hebrew 7. -

6 This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises. 7 And without doubt the lesser person is blessed by the greater. 8 In the one case, the tenth is collected by men who die; but in the other case, by him who is declared to be living.

Now in the place we read, Abraham paid his tenth to a priest whose priesthood was not in the order of Levi. (Read verse 8 ). Now was it the law that required Abraham to give tithe to Melchizedec who was not of the descendant of Levi? NO. Was Abraham condemned for paying a tenth to someone who was not from the descendant of Levi as required by the law? NO. So why are you condemning others who are giving their tenth to Christ whose priesthood is same as that of Melchizedec? Calling them thieves and all sorts of bad names? If you are against the craze for money which has taken over the church that's a different thing. But when you condemn a tither for simply doing what he saw in the scripture then that's not fair.

2 Likes

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Alwaystrue(f): 1:23pm On Oct 14, 2013

Numbers 3:5-12
5 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
6 Bring the tribe of Levi near, and present them before Aaron the priest, that they may minister unto him.
7 And they shall keep his charge, and the charge of the whole congregation before the tabernacle of the congregation, to do the service of the tabernacle.
8 And they shall keep all the instruments of the tabernacle of the congregation, and the charge of the children of Israel, to do the service of the tabernacle.
9 And thou shalt give the Levites unto Aaron and to his sons: they are wholly given unto him out of the children of Israel.
10 And thou shalt appoint Aaron and his sons, and they shall wait on their priest's office: and the stranger that cometh nigh shall be put to death
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
12 And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel INSTEAD of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine

Numbers 18:6-7
6 Behold, I Myself have taken your brethren the Levites from among the children of Israel; they are a gift to you, given by the Lord, to do the work of the tabernacle of meeting.
Therefore you and your sons with you shall attend to your priesthood for everything at the altar and behind the veil; and you shall serve. I give your PRIESTHOOD to you as a gift for service, but the outsider who comes near shall be put to death.

Levites MADE without an oath but Christ Made with an oath....A priest from the tribe of Judah not of the Levite that Moses spoke of...

Hebrews 7:20-21
20 And inasmuch as He was not made priest without an oath 21 (for they have BECOME priests WITHOUT an oath, but He with an oath by Him who said to Him: “The Lord has sworn And will not relent, ‘You are a priest 6forever According to the order of Melchizedek’ ” ),

He who has ears will hear.

I Corinthians 9:13-14....In the same way hath the Lord commanded....

1 Like

Re: Anti-tithers Are Playing On The Intelligence Of Nigerian Churches by Zikkyy(m): 1:24pm On Oct 14, 2013
Alwaystrue:
14 For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe MOSES SPOKE NOTHING concerning PRIESTHOOD.
15 And it is yet far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest
16 who has come, not according to the law of a FLESHLY COMMANDMENT, but according to the power of an endless life
17 For He testifies: “You are a priest forever According to the order of Melchizedek.”
18 For on the one hand there is an annulling of the FORMER COMMANDMENT because of its weakness and unprofitableness,

16 who has come, not according to the law of a FLESHLY COMMANDMENT (e.g. TITHE COMMANDMENT), but according to the power of an endless life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

10 Ways To Enjoy Christmas When You Are Broke / How To Prepare Gun Medicine, Cutlass Medicine & Knife Medicine / What Are Your Favourite Nigerian Gospel Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.