Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,197 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea (27082 Views)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 12, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
you are a fool. how many women? ok! ur mother day among useles husbandles women who were dancing gongosu at followcome mumu 1st lady's rally in abuja! i cc

Hmm, someone has issues! Calm down and express yourself better than my 3year old cousin would

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Adrenaline123(m): 11:27pm On Oct 12, 2013
0monnakoda: Mrs ,First Lady,Her Excellency Please don't be rude!!
thats not rudeness, i hate being rude, she's old enough to be my mother, besides i saw this on TV; Dame (Dr). Thats what gave me the courage to post mine. Though I added something sha.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by oladoya(m): 11:30pm On Oct 12, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
YOU ARE A FOOL. how many women? ok! ur mother day among useles husbandles women who were dancing GONGOSU at followcome mumu 1st lady's rally in abuja! i cc
Gbagahun *lobatan*
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Koikoi(m): 11:32pm On Oct 12, 2013
@johnsonjosbles:
you are a fool. how many women? ok! ur mother day among useles husbandles women who were dancing gongosu at followcome mumu 1st lady's rally in abuja! i cc

check your language and see who the bigger fool is. You can't make a single sentence without insults and abuses. I can bet that you are a danfo driver. Irresponsible lot!
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by sunex: 11:35pm On Oct 12, 2013
So no b only Nigeria dey sell degree....lol can't stop laffing.. Wonders...lo.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by oladoya(m): 11:37pm On Oct 12, 2013
Koikoi:

check your language and see who the bigger fool is. You can't make a single sentence without insults and abuses. I can bet that you are a danfo driver. SURE, you are a danfo driver SURE!
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by richP: 12:03am On Oct 13, 2013
Idiots everywhere
first they say she holds no position , next they say we should respect her cause she's the 'first lady'
nonsense
shepopo dey pop
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by chronique(m): 12:07am On Oct 13, 2013
A message to the silly Nigerian illiterates always posting and typing stupid comments on every thread on Nairaland:

Y'all should learn/try to find out more about certain issues before posting your stupid opinions on this forum and embarrassing other Nigerians(before foreigners on this forum start having the impression that Nigerians are mostly illiterates),or better still,go back to school to get proper education.

According to wiikipedia:

An honorary degree or a degree honoris causa (Latin: "for the sake of the honor"wink is an academic degree for which a university (or other degree-awarding institution) has waived the usual requirements, such as matriculation, residence, study and the passing of examinations. The degree is typically a doctorate or, less commonly, a master's degree and may be awarded to someone who has no prior connection with the academic institution.

The degree is often conferred as a way of honouring a "distinguished" visitor's contributions to a specific field or to society in general. It is often given to graduation speakers at a university or college. The university often derives benefits by association with the person in question. The degree is not recognized by employers as having the same stature as a corresponding 'earned' doctorate and should not be represented as such. It is sometimes recommended that such degrees be listed in one's CV as an award and not in one's education section,and some institutions of higher education have policies on the use of the title "Dr" in formal correspondence.

According to the little I know,and the procedures of some American universities I know:

An honorary degree is one of higher education’s most significant accolades. It is the policy of a University to award honorary degrees on a selective basis to distinguished individuals who merit special recognition for genuine achievement and distinction in a field or activity in line with the mission of the University. Only the Board of Directors may authorize the award of an honorary degree.

An honorary degree may be awarded to a person who satisfies the following criteria:

Eminence, in the course of a career, in some field of scholarship, in public service, or in an artistic, literary, governmental, religious, financial, or other endeavor; and
An adequate reason for recognition by that specific University, in the form of an association or relationship with the University or a nexus between the individual’s achievements and the mission or life of the University.
In recognition of the University’s commitment to gender equality and social, economic, national, racial, and cultural diversity, the Board of Directors is committed to the award of honorary degrees to recipients who reflect the diversity of interests, backgrounds, and concerns reflected in the University community and the society and world served by the University.

Those of you talking about how she must have paid for it,or how substandard the awarding institution is,or how she managed to get it with her poor command of English,etc., need to bury your heads in shame. You guys are a disgrace to whatever institution you currently attend/finished from.

Education is a legacy everyone should have but unfortunately,most Nigerians don't have it(despite the fact that they attended higher institutions). It's not just enough to come out with first class or distinction;get educated and let it reflect when you talk in public.

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by satellitedaisy: 12:28am On Oct 13, 2013
Doctorate? Wen did come go secondary school nah? Na WAEC result them for give her first
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by keyke(f): 12:31am On Oct 13, 2013
chronique: A message to the silly Nigerian illiterates always posting and typing stupid comments on every thread on Nairaland:

Y'all should learn/try to find out more about certain issues before posting your stupid opinions on this forum and embarrassing other Nigerians(before foreigners on this forum start having the impression that Nigerians are mostly illiterates),or better still,go back to school to get proper education.

According to wiikipedia:

An honorary degree or a degree honoris causa (Latin: "for the sake of the honor"wink is an academic degree for which a university (or other degree-awarding institution) has waived the usual requirements, such as matriculation, residence, study and the passing of examinations. The degree is typically a doctorate or, less commonly, a master's degree and may be awarded to someone who has no prior connection with the academic institution.

The degree is often conferred as a way of honouring a "distinguished" visitor's contributions to a specific field or to society in general. It is often given to graduation speakers at a university or college. The university often derives benefits by association with the person in question. The degree is not recognized by employers as having the same stature as a corresponding 'earned' doctorate and should not be represented as such. It is sometimes recommended that such degrees be listed in one's CV as an award and not in one's education section,and some institutions of higher education have policies on the use of the title "Dr" in formal correspondence.

According to the little I know,and the procedures of some American universities I know:

An honorary degree is one of higher education’s most significant accolades. It is the policy of a University to award honorary degrees on a selective basis to distinguished individuals who merit special recognition for genuine achievement and distinction in a field or activity in line with the mission of the University. Only the Board of Directors may authorize the award of an honorary degree.

An honorary degree may be awarded to a person who satisfies the following criteria:

Eminence, in the course of a career, in some field of scholarship, in public service, or in an artistic, literary, governmental, religious, financial, or other endeavor; and
An adequate reason for recognition by that specific University, in the form of an association or relationship with the University or a nexus between the individual’s achievements and the mission or life of the University.
In recognition of the University’s commitment to gender equality and social, economic, national, racial, and cultural diversity, the Board of Directors is committed to the award of honorary degrees to recipients who reflect the diversity of interests, backgrounds, and concerns reflected in the University community and the society and world served by the University.

Those of you talking about how she must have paid for it,or how substandard the awarding institution is,or how she managed to get it with her poor command of English,etc., need to bury your heads in shame. You guys are a disgrace to whatever institution you currently attend/finished from.

Education is a legacy everyone should have but unfortunately,most Nigerians don't have it(despite the fact that they attended higher institutions). It's not just enough to come out with first class or distinction;get educated and let it reflect when you talk in public.
tell them oooh my brother, we all knw its a strategy used by s/korea to achieve somethin, buh weda its a strategy or not, its just a honourary degree. It can b given to anyone dey tink deserves it, just lyk countries give honorary citizenship
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by EMMANTOP1(m): 12:43am On Oct 13, 2013
Doctorate degree in which field? That is the first question I think you people should ask....
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by vipers: 12:48am On Oct 13, 2013
the v.c bleep shepopotemus b4 awarding her d certificate
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by sonymerlot: 12:52am On Oct 13, 2013
Even Adedoyin University in Ile-Ife (Junior Poly) grin grin Is far better than this so called HANSEI UNIVERSITY. A simple Google search on the university says a lot!
No curriculum, no functioning webpage! (not surprised as all our Government ministries/departments in Nigeria does not have a functioning webpage)! Mind you, it takes just about few hundred dollars to be connected to Microsoft exchange server o! And of course Far less than fifty dollars to host your page for one year o!

However, we have HANSEI University- A place where you can get DISCOUNT for your daily monetary transaction (YES DISCOUNT ) for speaking English Language!!!
Kai Africa don suffer. Anyway, God dey o.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by zeal22(m): 12:52am On Oct 13, 2013
This cataclysm of online deliberation would be attributed to op of this thread. She got a hon deg so what? How does it improve the condition of the country? Smh
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Ndoz(m): 12:55am On Oct 13, 2013
Fuc.k her angry
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by e2nuoluwa(f): 1:21am On Oct 13, 2013
grin
Promhize:

Is she your president? Dumb people like you forget that she holds no political office.
shocked
Promhize:

Is she your president? Dumb people like you forget that she holds no political office.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 1:30am On Oct 13, 2013
DEFENDER of the poor ko, STRIKER of the poor ni.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Youngtekkey(m): 1:50am On Oct 13, 2013
Nicepoker: this 1 wil remain poor 4 ever. Burning wit anger and ful of hate. Can we c ur mum's waec result? If at all she got that.
we know ur type,ur mama dey village with no certificate at all not even primary school certificate that's why u think that every other mother is like ur mother am not even sure if u have a mum at all,u must be one of the kids that their mother abadoned sorry ehn,i feel ur pain.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by roland2rule(m): 2:06am On Oct 13, 2013
Am speechless o......
If I comment to support mummy PEJ. The reply is FOOL...
If I comment to go against her. The reply is FOOL..
I reserve my comment 4 a better post.
9jerians..full of criticism.

One thing I know 4 sure is that ASUU will call off strike one day. Lobatan
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by stannydon(m): 2:11am On Oct 13, 2013
babseg:

Hey keep quiet and stop spoken bad English hear.

You were supposed to say

Congrats ma, how much did you bought these one angry
Bros you are wrong to say how much did you bought it, did goes with present tense. How much did you buy it is the correct sentence.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by clint77ng: 2:18am On Oct 13, 2013
shachris:

You've made your point already. Allowed the boy to talk. We know she paid you but please don't attack everyone here just because you are trying to defend you indefensible paymaster. This is a forum. Everyman has a right to his opinion.

@topic, They should tell us in clear terms the things she did to merit the award, and not just bogus 'humanitarian' crap. Personally, i think she bought this title.
Even if she bought, shes still have an edge over u and ur further generation cos u cant buy it. Good things come only from God and if u dont appreciate God for any good thing, it will never come ur way. Congrats ma and more greese to ur elbow. Even christ was hated by few.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 2:31am On Oct 13, 2013
please can some one help M̶̲̅ε̲ , degree on what please
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by pmc01(m): 2:38am On Oct 13, 2013
VoodooDoll: That University is run by a dodgy man... Birds of the same feather.. Thieves honouring thieves...

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hansei_University, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Yonggi_Cho#Controversies

#End of discussion!
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by dojumav: 2:49am On Oct 13, 2013
Phd for sumo wrestling i guess
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by PassingShot(m): 3:10am On Oct 13, 2013
oladoya: why cant this useless woman try to get the degree from any of our Universities in Nigeria? She knew people will ask questions and if we should follow protocol with what her husband is doing, am sure she will use twelve years before obtaining anything.

Go understand what an honorary degree means my friend!
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by olatiler(m): 3:25am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize: I must not lie, apart from her english which she has improved on, the First lady has tried for women and children all over Africa.

Sharaaaaap u have already lied here just mention few of her impact that u are talking about, I was highly disadpointed in u for selling ur birth Right cos of a plate Indomy.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by 3ace(m): 4:31am On Oct 13, 2013
Yonggi Cho,
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Joythah(m): 5:31am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

Ask Mr President and by the way ur claim is laughable with no proof.
. I should ask mr President why his wife went to a PRIVATE univ abroad and came back with a honorary doctorate when his PUBLIC univ are on strike? Hmm... I can't see him to ask so am asking you since you support the contraption but am sure you have no reasonable answer? If you do feel free to enlighten me.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by 3ace(m): 5:35am On Oct 13, 2013
nadia_SA: My fat first lady kiss
That was uncalled for. Would you be happy if we insult your first lady? Well, I only blame guys around here leading others to insult the poor woman.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by sokunji(m): 5:36am On Oct 13, 2013
mujiboy: . You re the dumbest of all sir, To every clueless man there is a stupid woman behind him.
blatant disrespect shows serious lack of home training.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by pbling: 6:03am On Oct 13, 2013
doctorate in error or pidgin?wen did she gain admision?
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by link2ok(m): 6:03am On Oct 13, 2013
ADUBA1: I can now see the more reasons why ASUU strike should continue. Is unfortunate that majority of naira landers can't even differentiate between honorary doctorate degree and doctor of philosophy. I weep for our educational system. Just not to forget, honorary degree is given to someone that has contributed positively in one way or the other to the society irrespective of whether u are educated or not. It is d choice of the university to give it to anyone she prefers

"Contirbuted positively in one way or d oda to d society" use ur tongue to count ur teeth. She has alwz been in d media for the wrong reasons, sum lunatics says she holds no political post bt she is fighting wit Amaechi. God wuld judge all of u that wuld see d truth and sweep it under d carpet. These re all political strategy for 2015. Personally am watching PEJ and GEJ. Sumtymz I wonder which of them is actually d first lady.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Suspected Cultist Trying To Disrupt A School's Examination / Sex For Grades: BBC To Air Documentary About Nigerian Lecturers / New UNIOSUN Freshers' School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.