Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea (27080 Views)

Photos From FUTO Convocation As Okorocha Bags Doctorate Degree / Yale University: Withdraw The Honorary Doctorate Degree Given To Ngozi Iweala Of / 10 Youngest People Ever To Achieve A Doctorate Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Pinkybush: 8:29am On Oct 13, 2013
Jglad: Since she no fit speak english wella, i hp say she don learn dia language... Atleast make she jst knw 1 well well sha.. Abeg wetin b congrats 4 korean language?
People like u shouldn't be d one to criticise others for wrong English or sentence they made. Imagine the rubbish u'v jst put up there. Common correct sentence u cannot make.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by klas(m): 8:31am On Oct 13, 2013
dewale2k: Nigeria’s first Lady, Patience Jonathan pose for pictures with President of Hansei University, Sung-Hae Kim

Wife of Nigeria’s president, Patience Jonathan, on Thursday added one more Honorary Doctorate degree to her gallery after a South Korean University honoured her.

It is Mrs. Jonathan’s fourth doctorate since becoming Nigeria’s First Lady.

The awarding institution, Hansei University, said they honoured Mrs. Jonathan because she had worked “hard for many good causes.”

“She’s a humanitarian who has dedicated her life to working for the less privileged in Nigeria and Africa especially for women and children,” president and Chancellor of Hansei University, Sung-Hae Kim said.

”Her vision as the defender of the poor in Nigeria fits into Hansei University’s motto of a practising Christian. Now she’s part of our community,” Prof. Kim added.

The university also said it chose her for the degree because of her dedication to prayer.

”I was surprised that she travelled here for the Church Growth International conference years back to pray for Nigeria. For her selfless work, Hansei University confers this degree on her,” Yonggi Cho, co-founder of the Hansei University.

“I was just doing my own thing not knowing that in far away Asia everything was being noted. I want to assure you all that with God’s help I will do more,” Mrs. Jonathan said, thanking the Koreans.

”My grandma used to say: `Whatever little you have, share; If you have a thousand and you can’t share, you won’t share a million if you have’.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that the ceremony was attended by wives of the governors of Benue and Ebonyi, wives of the Chief of Army Staff and the Chief of Naval Staff, among other dignitaries.

source http://premiumtimesng.com/news/146462-patience-jonathan-honoured-doctorate-degree-north-korea.html

The bolded portion is the reason for the award? shocked
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Jobig(m): 8:36am On Oct 13, 2013
how will this affect 9jirians in general.moderator mind urself
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by pesty100(m): 8:40am On Oct 13, 2013
She could have bought the certificate in Nigeria and pump money into our economy but all universities are under strike...... So she still went abroad and bought the certificate this are the same people that would be telling us to pratonise Nigeria
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Panter215: 8:42am On Oct 13, 2013
shachris:

You've made your point already. Allowed the boy to talk. We know she paid you but please don't attack everyone here just because you are trying to defend you indefensible paymaster. This is a forum. Everyman has a right to his opinion.

@topic, They should tell us in clear terms the things she did to merit the award, and not just bogus 'humanitarian' crap. Personally, i think she bought this title.
She prayed for Nigeria.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by blocker: 8:45am On Oct 13, 2013
tongue Oke aha n'egbu nwa nkita.mtsheeoow....
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by comrChris(m): 8:50am On Oct 13, 2013
if men were God eeeehcheesycheesycheesy fortunately n most fortunately we r not God n God being the most supreme favours those who deserves his favour,so haters keep delaying ur time cos u cant hate gudtins n espect it 2 come ur way
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by zobasky24k(m): 8:52am On Oct 13, 2013
babseg:

Hey keep quiet and stop spoken bad English hear.

You were supposed to say

Congrats ma, how much did you bought these one angry
English no easy.kai..congrats ma,how much did you buy these one is the correct statement.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Mcowubaba: 8:53am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

Guess your mum isn't good enough to be respected, that's why you could call someone else's mother useless for no obvious reason. I can bet anything that your mum can't speak good simple english.
Naija sef...u Just insulted d. Idoit's Mother too...
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by yfo: 9:18am On Oct 13, 2013
Now most times I try to stay clear of threads concerning PEJ but I have to say my mind here...
We have two factions here (pro and anti PEJ) and the pro seems to be saying one should have respect for her cuz she's an elder and is in a position of power....excuse my manners, but that's total BS.
Though I don't agree with abusing the first lady (in public perhaps) but the pro-PEJ are just using the same methods to pass their points across i.e insults, so its basically two sides of the same coin.
I admit I dis-like the first lady with passion and I don't care bout the opinions of her faceless supporters and here is why:
She disgraces the nation with her poorly spoken english accent and grammar.
She had a land tussle with the former first lady (and I don't support either) but just shows she's power hungry.
Went abroad for treatment and yet kept on denying it (while people accused yar-adua of doing the exact same thing)...she came back and never addressed the issue while gullible nigerians soon forgot she was away for months I think and yet no one could tell us why (she gave an indirect hint through a testimony I believe but never directly spoke to her people bout the issue)
She caused the political unrest in rivers (while people keep saying she's just a first lady and not into politics)
And with a twist to those saying she's not a political figure, why did she ask for retirement benefits for first ladies after evacuating office just like their spouses' have...(just shows her true nature doesn't it)
And the one that still hurts me till now, why is she a perm-sec when she hasn't resumed office and perhaps getting her salary...this is the height of greediness I've seen and yet people choose to throw blind-eye her way.
That's why our nation would never move forward as the leader's transgressions are always overlooked and u still have people who would fight for them...I weep for this nation.

Now I dare the pro-PEJ section to quote me and denounce all I've written, then we'll know if u are true nigerians or blind PEJ followers.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Judek2(m): 9:19am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Judek2(m): 9:19am On Oct 13, 2013
[size=48pt] Doctorate Degree?? [/size] *faints*
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by kemtol(f): 9:30am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize: I must not lie, apart from her english which she has improved on, the First lady has tried for women and children all over Africa.
if I may ask, in what ways has she used her office to try for women and children in nigeria. Give 5 examples
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 13, 2013
Y ?
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Jman06(m): 9:38am On Oct 13, 2013
Lol @correction...hope that was a joke? Anyway congrats to the 1st lady and i wish her more feathers to her cap.
babseg:

Hey keep quiet and stop spoken bad English hear.

You were supposed to say

Congrats ma, how much did you bought these one angry
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by lacicrips(m): 9:47am On Oct 13, 2013
Ejike.chinedu:
I just hoped dat she will be able 2 speak coherently wit the doctorate degree she nw posses....i wnt be suprised if in a year time is been address as prof.patience jonathan

Stop embarrassing yourself. She speaks better english than what you wrote up there.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by adwem2003(m): 10:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

Is she your president? Dumb people like you forget that she holds no political office.

Did you say she does not hold any political office? What then is the office of 1st lady doing in Aso-rock and allocations been alloted to it? Seems you have been brainwashed.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Youngpo413: 10:01am On Oct 13, 2013
Jglad: Since she no fit speak english wella, i hp say she don learn dia language... Atleast make she jst knw 1 well well sha.. Abeg wetin b congrats 4 korean language?

young po
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Ryda(m): 10:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Ok Ok Ok...WE HEARD

But has she improved in her vocabulary?
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by shejane: 10:12am On Oct 13, 2013
See hw u children are disgracing nd insulting each oda here ova a woman who didt kw dat u exist

Leaders of tomorrow indeed

Abeg d old pple shd continue ruling dis co3

Cos d youths are nt ready

I wonda wot korea wat in nigeria? Der kw patience love recognition nd power

Jus wondering
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 13, 2013
Nicepoker: who made u poor

Can you or ur family afford 2square meal a day. Mind you, i didnt mean '2 GOOD SQUARE MEAL', just anyhow meal but @least twice a day, can ur family afford it?
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Rejoice5000(f): 10:23am On Oct 13, 2013
am happy 4 u ma let all ur haters go and hug transformer. period. rejoice with those that rejoice so that ur own will get to u.CONGRATULATION MA
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 10:25am On Oct 13, 2013
michazy: Hmmm! What a Nation? What baffles me most is the fact that some of those that are insulting number 1 citizen and number 1 lady of this great Nation, their cgpa can't flash an airtel number

grin grin grin *Falls from Mamma Nkeche table with a plate of pepper soup** But wait o, una no dey go church? grin
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 13, 2013
kemtol: if I may ask, in what ways has she used her office to try for women and children in nigeria. Give 5 examples

She doesn't have an office. She has a foundation (patience jonathan foundation or something)

http://lindaikeji..co.uk/2010/09/patience- jonathan-donates-bags-of-rice.html
Donates foodstuff to kenyan refugees
http://www.statehousekenya.go.ke/First_Lady /news/june2013/2013270601.htm
"The resolution on visitation to refugee and internally displaced persons’ camps informed the freight of relief materials to Mali in March 2013 and on June 27 this year to Kenya. These effort was an initiative of Nigeria’s First Lady and President of the African First Ladies Peace Mission, Dame (Dr.) Patience Goodluck Jonathan as this is the first time the AFLPM is taking action on the suffering of the refugees and internally displaced persons’ population in Africa.
Thus, in March this year, in fulfilment of the resolve of the AFLPM to assuage the pains of victims of violence in Africa it undertook a freight of relief materials to Mali, the West African country where several insurgent groups have been fighting the government for independence or greater autonomy.
Nigeria’s Dame Patience Jonathan facilitated the delivery of relief items to the First Lady of Mali Madame Mintou Traore for onward distribution to victims of violent conflict in that country.
The materials which include food items, clothing, drugs, beddings and other essential items were delivered to the Malian capital, Bamako at a brief ceremony witnessed by the First Lady of Sierra Leone, Mrs. Sia Bai Koroma.
At that event, the First Lady of Sierra Leone, relieving the memories of a similar conflict in her country and the devastating impact on women and children, commended Dame Patience Jonathan for her purposeful leadership of the Mission and for facilitating the release of the huge relief materials to the people of Mali. She noted that Sierra Leone had tasted the bitter pills of wars and therefore understood the importance of the gesture to the people of Mali.
While receiving the items then, the First Lady of Mali, Madame Mintou Doucoure Traore expressed the sincere gratitude and heartfelt appreciation of the people of Mali to the President of AFLPM for the magnanimous gesture and exemplary support to the people of Mali, especially women and children in their time of need.
Again, on June 27, 2013, the AFLPM donated 87.55 tons of foodstuffs to refugees in Kenya. The items were presented by the Nigerian First Lady and President of the AFLPM to the Kenyan First Lady, Mrs. Margaret Kenyatta during a brief ceremony held at the National Museums of Kenya, in Nairobi.
Presenting the food items, Dame Patience Jonathan said the AFLPM has a mandate of promoting peace and harmony in the continent, adding that the foodstuffs donation by the Mission was the second after the March 2013 donation to victims of conflicts in Mali."
http://thewillnigeria.com/opinion/21768.html
"Wife of President Goodluck Jonathan, Dame Patience has donated N500,000 to five new born babies in relief camp in Kogi state."
http://www.naijapundit.com/news/patience-jonathan- donates-half-a-million-to-flood-victim-s-baby

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 13, 2013
adwem2003:

Did you say she does not hold any political office? What then is the office of 1st lady doing in Aso-rock and allocations been alloted to it? Seems you have been brainwashed.

Go and ask Michelle Obama what she's doing in the White house, you dumb schmuck.
Concerning the allocation, where's ur proof. You are d brainwashed one.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 13, 2013
Adrenaline123:
which size pin or brush big or small

Adrenaline; where una go carry that kind 'awuf' basin of 'spoilt rice' wan come kill unaselvs? If na chop that thing finish, if una no die make i know why. See another basin for behind. Smh!
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Jman06(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2013
My dear,most of those criticizing GEJ and his wife are doing so out of hatred and envy and not based on any logical ground.These same people choose to turn their eyes away from the various developmental strides being recorded by the president in many sectors of the economy,but criticize every action of his.The truth remains that those critics have nothing better to offer than the president and his wife.Ofcourse they show it here on NL when they type wrong English even while criticizing PEG's use of English.I understand that criticism is an important tool to keep leaders on their toes,but let it be reasonable and constructive.To answer your question,PEG deserves the award she got but like the saying goes, a prophet is not honoured in his own town.
Tinkybabe: OK!I want to get something straight
This woman is being honoured outside her country while her country people do nothing but criticize her.

So why the discrepancy?Are we failing to see something or are those countries failing to see something or does she prefer to effect change outside the shores of her country?

Abeg help a wondering mind out cheesy

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

U don't pay people to have manners sire
MUST YOU ATTACK EVERYBODY. Leave them.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by ashdre: 10:57am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

Is she your president? Dumb people like you forget that she holds no political office.
unconstitutionally, she holds one.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Jomark(m): 11:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

Even ur english isn't perfect. U made mistake in just 3 lines.
...If you think he made mistake plz correct him and I will do the same on your comment. It's a challenge!
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 13, 2013
richP: Idiots everywhere first they say she holds no position , next they say we should respect her cause she's the 'first lady' nonsense shepopo dey pop

Totally agreed with u bro! I concretely do not believe this woman deserves any academic award cos she's so bad-spoken and bad- mannered in academic perspective be it in humanitarian or otherwise. Besides, if the korean uni. was on strike as her husband has allowed nigerian own to be for months now, would she have collected the award? All those saying they shld applaud her for the award, let's face matters on reality and stop hypocrisy aka azz-licking grin . I cant but to agree with others she influenced the conferment of the award.
#misplaced priority.
Re: Patience Jonathan Honoured With Doctorate Degree In South Korea by Jomark(m): 11:02am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

...But so bad that you the smartest one has never heard of the power behind the crown. Why are you always stupid with your quarter-thought comments?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Police Arrest Suspected Cultist Trying To Disrupt A School's Examination / Sex For Grades: BBC To Air Documentary About Nigerian Lecturers / New UNIOSUN Freshers' School Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.