Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610606 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by PlayPays: 1:35am On Dec 02, 2013
bamshy: If you aren't coming for Masters (Not that it's superior here), think of a 2-year PGD program and have some good cash on you. I have seen a lot of people who wish those two things were done before coming here. TRV is just the beginning... All the best friends

I think the most important thing is for one to do a program that is of high demand. The level doesn't really matter for a start.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jigga01: 1:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Please if you are submitting online after you've scanned the necessary documents and uploaded to your account where do you submit your passport Vfs or embassy? Still kinda confused on the process after filling the application form online.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by FISLAG: 3:27am On Dec 02, 2013
Jigga01: Please if you are submitting online after you've scanned the necessary documents and uploaded to your account where do you submit your passport Vfs or embassy? Still kinda confused on the process after filling the application form online.

You don't submit your passport for online application, you just need to scan the data page and I think a blank page from it and upload. When your visa is ready you would be asked to come to the VFS to have your passport stamped. Shikena
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:49am On Dec 02, 2013
FISLAG:

You don't submit your passport for online application, you just need to scan the data page and I think a blank page from it and upload. When your visa is ready you would be asked to come to the VFS to have your passport stamped. Shikena
....come to CDHC....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:41am On Dec 02, 2013
PlayPays:

I think the most important thing is for one to do a program that is of high demand. The level doesn't really matter for a start.
....8months course without coop nko?....Level matters bro....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by osssy09: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2013
Good morning house, please I will need a detailed advice I am a novice.. My Gf is a RN here in Nigeria, she is planning on going to Canada to further her study, How can she go about this? and also, can someone please tell me some cheap nursing schools in Canada? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Huzzie: 8:09am On Dec 02, 2013
LIST OF MEDICAL HOPEFULS (WINTER - JANUARY2014)
1. Tobst JULY 12 Paper route
2. IJESA83 AUGUST 13 Paper route
3. SAP_Latunde AUGUST 14 Paper route
4. Adim02 AUGUST 19 Paper route
5. Ahmedonia4real AUGUST 19 Paper route
6. Zico07 AUGUST 20 Paper route
7. Tolyem AUGUST 23 Paper route
8. Marksum AUGUST 26 Paper route
9. Sleek5 AUGUST 27 Paper route
10. pirezo96 AUGUST 27 Paper route
11. Clow SEPTEMBER 3 Paper route
12. Equilibrium SEPTEMBER 9 Paper route
13. Kingsolve SEPTEMBER 16 Paper rout2
14. D_Fodio SEPTEMBER 23 Paper route
15. Hehasdoneitb4 NOVEMBER 5 Online route

N.B- If you have gotten your admission for winter and have applied for TRV. Please provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper

Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by silicon: 8:45am On Dec 02, 2013
ChriGo: ....Nna bros u dey send me comot ni?....Oya i no dey go canny again na iraq i wan go ....Responding to emails dis days has been so hard...i get 152 emails per day...lol....biko ask ya question here, if i no fit answer Miss bon will grin.....Gurus yapa for house bro....
IS wnderful to hear you now want to go to Iraq, please forward your TRV make I use am for u grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sparta300(m): 8:54am On Dec 02, 2013
quote author=PlayPays]

YES[/quote]

Mhen... that link u dropped was very insightful, thanks!
Just to be clear, my main purpose of going to canada is to bag an Msc but since I no gree read book when I dey uniport, I'm left with the option of doing a PGD first (Wireless Telecommunication *8 months*) then make the transistion to Msc.
But I still can't wrap my head why Chrigo is insisting that doing a 2yrs coop seems to be a good choice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 9:12am On Dec 02, 2013
PlayPays:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/OI/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_APPLY.html
@ playpays, correct, that is the site... Everyone going to Ontario for a year post graduate certificate or diploma program should ready up this site, its an insightful one.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:36am On Dec 02, 2013
silicon: IS wnderful to hear you now want to go to Iraq, please forward your TRV make I use am for u grin
....Why not cum collect am.....i go put am for crocodile belly...if u fit take am den its all urs.....and yes Iraq is better dan canny grin....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jigga01: 9:43am On Dec 02, 2013
ChriGo: ....come to CDHC....

Thanks for the info.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:47am On Dec 02, 2013
sparta_300: quote author=PlayPays]

YES

Mhen... that link u dropped was very insightful, thanks!
Just to be clear, my main purpose of going to canada is to bag an Msc but since I no gree read book when I dey uniport, I'm left with the option of doing a PGD first (Wireless Telecommunication *8 months*) then make the transistion to Msc.
But I still can't wrap my head why Chrigo is insisting that doing a 2yrs coop seems to be a good choice
.....Spartan 300....The beauty of doing a 2yrs course is that you get a 3yrs work permit....doing a 1 year course only gives u a 1yr work permit...ok now going by the link...its talking about job offer....what if after ur 1yr course u do not get job immediately?....some times peeps wait 6months before getting job....and if u waste 6months looking for job, u have 6months left to work...am sure no employer would wana employ u with 6months work permit....but if u had gotten the 3yrs work permit and u're able to get job within 4-6months of graduation, u still have enough time to work and then file for PR either through PNP or through experience class....thats why 3yrs work permit is just so cool....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:49am On Dec 02, 2013
...@Spantan 300...does ur course have coop?...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 9:51am On Dec 02, 2013
Centennial college people, please did you pay any deposit of CAD 1115 before getting your admission letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2013
Olawale slimfit: Ma oga na for study ooo
....Ok nice....I will implore u to fry ya eyes a bit....read part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4,part 5 and future part 6 grin of this Thread....am sure u would be fully armed with enuff info to do everything ursef.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Olawaleslimfit(m): 10:10am On Dec 02, 2013
ChriGo: ....Ok nice....I will implore u to fry ya eyes a bit....read part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and future part 5 grin of this Thread....am sure u would be fully armed with enuff info to do everything ursef.....
ok cool. Thanks boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 11:03am On Dec 02, 2013
detolaa: Centennial college people, please did you pay any deposit of CAD 1115 before getting your admission letter
Yeah bro I paid mine o before my letter of acceptance came in o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by silicon: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2013
ChriGo: ....Why not cum collect am.....i go put am for crocodile belly...if u fit take am den its all urs.....and yes Iraq is better dan canny grin....
Am about pushing another application. This time around, I have my SOP and am on my sponsor to swell his balance as much as he can. Please is a total of N7m ok to go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by silicon: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2013
ChriGo: .....Spartan 300....The beauty of doing a 2yrs course is that you get a 3yrs work permit....doing a 1 year course only gives u a 1yr work permit...ok now going by the link...its talking about job offer....what if after ur 1yr course u do not get job immediately?....some times peeps wait 6months before getting job....and if u waste 6months looking for job, u have 6months left to work...am sure no employer would wana employ u with 6months work permit....but if u had gotten the 3yrs work permit and u're able to get job within 4-6months of graduation, u still have enough time to work and then file for PR either through PNP or through experience class....thats why 3yrs work permit is just so cool....
Plenty sense
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by cydophobia(m): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2013
Hi @ all.
Please i need the names of cheap schools that i can enroll for a diploma course in a computer related program.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by silicon: 11:30am On Dec 02, 2013
silicon: Plenty sense
Rabbi, Please am unable to access my online application which is in progress.I have clicked on continue application and it is prompting error message. Is there something am not doing right.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sparta300(m): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2013
ChriGo: ...@Spantan 300...does ur course have coop?...

U make a strong point sha! No, my course doesn't have coop.
But what if after graduating, I apply for a work permit (1yr) n as u said, 6months goes by before work show, can I den extend my study permit (Msc now) n do both (work + skol) at the same time? Or I should just hang on, complete both programs (PDG + Msc *2 years plus now*) then now apply for a work permit. All this talk na just over calculating sha, but its best not to dive in blindly abi?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by detolaa: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2013
marksum: Yeah bro I paid mine o before my letter of acceptance came in o
Did you get the mail of acceptance from Serli Musosoğlu? Because, this email seems different from the schools own serli@centennialcollege.com.tr. And friend said it my be fake.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by DrJay02(m): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2013
Hello House,
One thing I really want members of this thread to know, please all be advised doing a PGD in Canada doesnt necessarily qualify you for a masters program. There are other things that come into consideration like your first degree (especially when your PGD doesnt meet the 60 credit unit), specified test as stated by the program requirement, years of work experience demanded, your essay or statement of intent, your grades and standing at the end of the PGD program and lastly the application pool for that year ( you still have to compete for limited spaces amongst Many applicants from all over the world). So taking ChriGo advice is a better option for all, go for a 2 year PGD program at the end of the program look at your grades and standing ( which has to be a B or a 3.0/4) you made from the program check up most universities ( thats if the masters degree is so important to you) if you meet their requirements you can go ahead but in a case you don't, try and secure a job and work towards your PR. either ways your don't get to give up your legitimate stay in Canada which I feel is on a high risk with a year program.
Regards all.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 12:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
detolaa:
Did you get the mail of acceptance from Serli Musosoğlu? Because, this email seems different from the schools own serli@centennialcollege.com.tr. And friend said it my be fake.
No oo its not fake at all,that was the same guy that attended to my application..He is the one respondsible, for Recruiting students from naija..All you need is to pay the money send him the payment details and as soon as the school gets the money.u go receive ur letter tru ups
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phimozs: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sorry this is coming late, I've been in Ghana for the past one month now .... Applied May 24th thru VFS (4 Fall start date but had to defer my admission to Winter due to Visa delay ) .... Medical Call September 17th....... Medical done September 20th @ Consultant Practice ( The Children Place ).... Submitted my 1yr Tuition & Board receipt as requested by CDHC........ Oct.2nd Stormed the embassy on the 29th of October for inquires , ‎​ℓ̊ was later called inside dat same day and my TRV was handed over to me after like 4hours wait. ( Centennial College,Toronto. PGD International Buz. Management ) ................................................................................... Thanks to ya all, ur contribution here as been 1st Class and Massive.........Special thanks to Oga Siga, Fhemmy, Onye ma, Huzzie, Tebenezer, ChrigoMissbon and others..... Sorry this is coming late, I've been in Ghana for the past one month now .... Applied May 24th thru VFS (4 Fall start date but had to defer my admission to Winter due to Visa delay ) .... Medical Call September 17th....... Medical done September 20th @ Consultant Practice ( The Children Place ).... Submitted my 1yr Tuition & Board receipt as requested by CDHC........ Oct.2nd Stormed the embassy on the 29th of October for inquires , ‎​ℓ̊ was later called inside dat same day and my TRV was handed over to me after like 4hours wait. ( Centennial College,Toronto. PGD International Buz. Management ) ................................................................................... Thanks to ya all, ur contribution here as been 1st Class and Massive.........Special thanks to Oga Siga, Fhemmy, Onye ma, Huzzie, Tebenezer, ChrigoMissbon and others..... Sorry this is coming late, I've been in Ghana for the past one month now .... Applied May 24th thru VFS (4 Fall start date but had to defer my admission to Winter due to Visa delay ) .... Medical Call September 17th....... Medical done September 20th @ Consultant Practice ( The Children Place ).... Submitted my 1yr Tuition & Board receipt as requested by CDHC........ Oct.2nd Stormed the embassy on the 29th of October for inquires , ‎​ℓ̊ was later called inside dat same day and my TRV was handed over to me after like 4hours wait. ( Centennial College,Toronto. PGD International Buz. Management ) ................................................................................... Thanks to ya all, ur contribution here as been 1st Class and Massive.........Special thanks to Oga Siga, Fhemmy, Onye ma, Huzzie, Tebenezer, ChrigoMissbon and others.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Phimozs: 12:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
detolaa:
. Serli Musosoglu is an admission agent of Centennial College and she is based in Turkey. You can as well google her name to be sure.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by papakm(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yes I did pay
detolaa: Centennial college people, please did you pay any deposit of CAD 1115 before getting your admission letter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marksum: 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2013
Phimozs: Sorry this is coming late, I've been in Ghana for the past one month now .... Applied May 24th thru VFS (4 Fall start date but had to defer my admission to Winter due to Visa delay ) .... Medical Call September 17th....... Medical done September 20th @ Consultant Practice ( The Children Place ).... Submitted my 1yr Tuition & Board receipt as requested by CDHC........ Oct.2nd Stormed the embassy on the 29th of October for inquires , ‎​ℓ̊ was later called inside dat same day and my TRV was handed over to me after like 4hours wait. ( Centennial College,Toronto. PGD International Buz. Management ) ................................................................................... Thanks to ya all, ur contribution here as been 1st Class and Massive.........Special thanks to Oga Siga, Fhemmy, Onye ma, Huzzie, Tebenezer, ChrigoMissbon and others..... Sorry this is coming late, I've been in Ghana for the past one month now .... Applied May 24th thru VFS (4 Fall start date but had to defer my admission to Winter due to Visa delay ) .... Medical Call September 17th....... Medical done September 20th @ Consultant Practice ( The Children Place ).... Submitted my 1yr Tuition & Board receipt as requested by CDHC........ Oct.2nd Stormed the embassy on the 29th of October for inquires , ‎​ℓ̊ was later called inside dat same day and my TRV was handed over to me after like 4hours wait. ( Centennial College,Toronto. PGD International Buz. Management ) ................................................................................... Thanks to ya all, ur contribution here as been 1st Class and Massive.........Special thanks to Oga Siga, Fhemmy, Onye ma, Huzzie, Tebenezer, ChrigoMissbon and others..... Sorry this is coming late, I've been in Ghana for the past one month now .... Applied May 24th thru VFS (4 Fall start date but had to defer my admission to Winter due to Visa delay ) .... Medical Call September 17th....... Medical done September 20th @ Consultant Practice ( The Children Place ).... Submitted my 1yr Tuition & Board receipt as requested by CDHC........ Oct.2nd Stormed the embassy on the 29th of October for inquires , ‎​ℓ̊ was later called inside dat same day and my TRV was handed over to me after like 4hours wait. ( Centennial College,Toronto. PGD International Buz. Management ) ................................................................................... Thanks to ya all, ur contribution here as been 1st Class and Massive.........Special thanks to Oga Siga, Fhemmy, Onye ma, Huzzie, Tebenezer, ChrigoMissbon and others.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2013
sparta_300:

U make a strong point sha! No, my course doesn't have coop.
But what if after graduating, I apply for a work permit (1yr) n as u said, 6months goes by before work show, can I den extend my study permit (Msc now) n do both (work + skol) at the same time? Or I should just hang on, complete both programs (PDG + Msc *2 years plus now*) then now apply for a work permit. All this talk na just over calculating sha, but its best not to dive in blindly abi?
....Its best u complete all ur schooling before applying for a workpermit....just like dr_jay02 said...PGD doesn't neccessarily qualify u for Masters...alota Factors might be considered e.g UG grades +PGD grads+Work experience+sum oda requirements so my brother its best you opt for another 1yr PGD after your 1yr PGD summing up 2yrs...You can then apply for 3yrs work permit.....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
....@Philmoz....Big congrats to you....Miss bon sends her warm greetings too you grin.....God is indeed great....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.