Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (608718 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
rose-kate:

Nope, I only tried alberta last year
And as for d proj supervisor I dnt think dey assign u one till dey read ur letter of intent nd grant u admission
Which course...cos my friend just got into Alberta....and n.a. him supervisor strengthen his application...Public health!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
kjbobo:
Which course...cos my friend just got into Alberta....and n.a. him supervisor strengthen his application...Public health!
...Phew!! I knew u would show up....check out her previous post....she posted her course and cgpa...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 11:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
kjbobo:
Bros....don't near U.S route......or else....

y sir?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
Quantumfisika:

y sir?
....Transit visa tinz bro...Na real wahala...make u no go hang like hanger.....dem fit deport u in da process sef...buh if u got USA valid visa then u got no yawa.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 11:35pm On Oct 27, 2013
ChriGo: ....Transit visa tinz bro...Na real wahala...make u no go hang like hanger.....dem fit deport u in da process sef...buh if u got USA valid visa then u got no yawa.....

hmmmmm.....even with a valid Canada visa? which oda airline cheap..cos mehn..all d ones I'm cin r chargin btw 2k n 2.5k dollars..no b small moni o..only emirates passin tru US charge almst half of dat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ancient1: 12:09am On Oct 28, 2013
Siga: ....I fly Airfrance all the time... U are entitled to 2 bags weighing 23kg each... and ur hand luggage like 12kg or so...

Thanks man
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 12:35am On Oct 28, 2013
ChriGo: ...Phew!! I knew u would show up....check out her previous post....she posted her course and cgpa...
Okay....Oga Chrigo...hope you don ready grin...snow don start ooooooo

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 12:39am On Oct 28, 2013
Quantumfisika:

hmmmmm.....even with a valid Canada visa? which oda airline cheap..cos mehn..all d ones I'm cin r chargin btw 2k n 2.5k dollars..no b small moni o..only emirates passin tru US charge almst half of dat
Check AirCairo,Ethiopian,Turkish....but please avoid U.S oooooo...transit visa n.a. Wahala o

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Abellybaba: 1:49am On Oct 28, 2013
Quantumfisika:

Asaju sent my medicals to CHDC last wekk Tue me am goin to say hi to CHDC tmrw

Hey i de storm today too, pm me nice to see someone to wait at the gate with smiles.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 6:24am On Oct 28, 2013
rose-kate:

Nope, I only tried alberta last year
And as for d proj supervisor I dnt think dey assign u one till dey read ur letter of intent nd grant u admission

You narrowed down ur chances by applying to only 1 school (and a very competitive one @ that).
I can see your choice lies only in Alberta and Saskatchewan...
Applying to the 3 schools this time around will hopefully boost ur chances of getting an admission with ur hot CGPA. Just try ur best to draft a very captivating SOP (and include all the relevant awards you have received).
Also,confirm very well if a supervisor is needed before securing an admission.
If it is needed, try ur best possible to get one to increase ur chances of getting a positive reply.

You an also give University of Lethbridge,Calgary a try...who knows...

Wishing you all the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 6:37am On Oct 28, 2013
kjbobo:
Check AirCairo,Ethiopian,Turkish....but please avoid U.S oooooo...transit visa n.a. Wahala o

ooook..tank u sir..d tin is dosw flights dont fly into Vancouver. They stop at Toronto . If I book anoda flight from Toronto to Vancouver, there might luggage allowance disaparity as most local flights dont give luggage allowance as much as d foreign ones.... will b lookin for a local airline dat will give me up to 23kg each...dem KLM, Airfrance have direct flights/Connecting flights to Vancouver/from Toronto
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 6:44am On Oct 28, 2013
kjbobo:
Okay....Oga Chrigo...hope you don ready grin...snow don start ooooooo
...Oga mi i don ready oo....may God help us all grin...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kjbobo: 6:50am On Oct 28, 2013
[quote author=Quantumfisika]

ooook..tank u sir..d tin is dosw flights dont fly into Vancouver. They stop at Toronto . If I book anoda flight from Toronto to Vancouver, there might luggage allowance disaparity as most local flights dont give luggage allowance as much as d foreign ones.... will b lookin for a local airline dat will give me up to 23kg each...dem KLM, Airfrance have direct flights/Connecting flights to Vancouver/from Toronto[/quote
And don't forget....to use a different system when you ready....ur I.p address is already known...so each time you open those flights sites again...the prices jump up...so make up your mind then use another system when you ready to book...I dey Alberta so might not be able to help on the local flight to Vancouver ish...
All the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tebenezer: 2:19pm On Oct 28, 2013
Abellybaba:

Hey i de storm today too, pm me nice to see someone to wait at the gate with smiles.
sup brodalies, @abellybaba n @quantumfisika...aw ur to cdhn.i kno its goinb a success.kindly keep d ause inform of ur ordeal.peace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 2:55pm On Oct 28, 2013
Guys!!! Heaven heard my decrees declaration- dias power in d tongue! I don port!!!!! If u blive urs is next, shout a resounding faithfilled Amen!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:20pm On Oct 28, 2013
Quantumfisika: Guys!!! Heaven heard my decrees declaration- dias power in d tongue! I don port!!!!! If u blive urs is next, shout a resounding faithfilled Amen!!
.....BIG AMEN!! grin....am so happy for u bro....u get to relax finally....i believe mine too go show this week.....Congrats...i tap from ur blessing....God aint sleeping.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 3:23pm On Oct 28, 2013
ChriGo: .....BIG AMEN!! grin....am so happy for u bro....u get to relax finally....i believe mine too go show this week.....Congrats...i tap from ur blessing....God aint sleeping.....

Tanks man....Gbam! Can smell urs already!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2013
house abeg somebody helped me enquire..and he said they called my name to come inside and I didnt show up plus they didn't bother callin me on phone. .n/b I haven't done medicals plus my start date already xpired. .abeg wat does this mean biko.? any Xperience. ?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Emblem(m): 4:25pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hi guys....... Just watched this on youtube. The canadian govt "might" allow international students to work right from their arrival in Canada as from January 2014. This was said by the lawyer of the Nigerian girls facing deportation from Canada. Here is the link.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUrj1J25u1g
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2013
kingRoosevelt: house abeg somebody helped me enquire..and he said they called my name to come inside and I didnt show up plus they didn't bother callin me on phone. .n/b I haven't done medicals plus my start date already xpired. .abeg wat does this mean biko.? any Xperience. ?
....I have noticed once u make an enquiry and they tell you to come in it means Medics,Denial,TRV......i pray its medics for u bro....at this point i would advice u go dia to know whats up before its too late....God aint sleeping.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 5:01pm On Oct 28, 2013
ChriGo: ....I have noticed once u make an enquiry and they tell you to come in it means Medics,Denial,TRV......i pray its medics for u bro....at this point i would advice u go dia to know whats up before its too late....God aint sleeping.....

amen thanks ...brother I dey enter Wednesday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2013
Emblem: Hi guys....... Just watched this on youtube. The canadian govt "might" allow international students to work right from their arrival in Canada as from January 2014. This was said by the lawyer of the Nigerian girls facing deportation from Canada. Here is the link. http://
....This is really sad....funny enuff the tins i was able to grab from da video na wait,wait and wait.....mehn!! I fear when they said they have waited for 6months to hear from the minister.....No wonder we dey wait here grin.....chai! Canadaaaaaaa....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kingRoosevelt: 5:14pm On Oct 28, 2013
at this point I think it means just two. .cos they don't give trv without medicals..and also I applied thru vfs..so I thought they would ve gotten to me thru them ? oh well oh well..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2013
kingRoosevelt: at this point I think it means just two. .cos they don't give trv without medicals..and also I applied thru vfs..so I thought they would ve gotten to me thru them ? oh well oh well..
....Medics i pray....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 7:33pm On Oct 28, 2013
Quantumfisika: Guys!!! Heaven heard my decrees declaration- dias power in d tongue! I don port!!!!! If u blive urs is next, shout a resounding faithfilled Amen!!

Congrats and Amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jesunro: 7:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
am happy for you guys that got their study permit. Cant wait to grab and kiss mine, for real o.... Nasjay i dey wait make u first go o, lolz...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidinmaaa: 8:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
Pls did anybody pay tuition using zenith bank wire transfer? How long did it take it to get to canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by britiko: 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
chidinmaaa: Pls did anybody pay tuition using zenith bank wire transfer? How long did it take it to get to canada

Dint use it to pay fees, but always use zenith wire transfers for payment of goods in d US,& canada and It gets there the next bizday noon if d transfer is initiated before 12 noon in niaja.
For schl fees, forward ur telex copy frm d bank here in nig and ask ur schl to reconfirm. Ope dis helps.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uobot: 9:00pm On Oct 28, 2013
please house i am new to this forum and and i am just starting my application to York uni in Toronto. please do u have any direct link for me to pass discussions that can guide me through the whole process till i get my trv?

i would really appreciate ur help alot.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:07pm On Oct 28, 2013
uobot: please house i am new to this forum and and i am just starting my application to York uni in Toronto. please do u have any direct link for me to pass discussions that can guide me through the whole process till i get my trv?

i would really appreciate ur help alot.
.....ask every of ur questions here.....u would get good responses.....buh you can flow with dis link sha www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/338
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tkay11(f): 9:37pm On Oct 28, 2013
Hello people pls I wanna knw the best bank to pay my fees nd d best method nd abt my board can I show evidence of paying off campus! Thnk u! Nd God help us all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by onuawuchi: 9:49pm On Oct 28, 2013
After what seemed like eternity, my passport was finally returned refused with the reason that:

1. I don't have enough funds to pay my tuition.

2. I didn't satisfy them I'll return after studies, cos of

A, my travel history- Never been out of the country all my life. Does it mean if you've not travel b4 you won't get a chance to study in Canada?
B,your family ties in Canada and country of residence- I don't have any relative in canada and I remember giving them copies of my sibling Int'l pp and birth Cert, even my mother's
C,Your current employment situation- Provided them with my previous job employment letter and salary account. Gave them a letter from employer for my current job. Though not a big place
D, your personal asset and financial status- this I can understand cos I had non to show them.

I have gotten a new admission letter from my school for 2014F and I will like to reapply. How best do I close these VO gaps? Your help will be appreciated

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.