Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610679 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uobot: 9:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
ChriGo: .....ask every of ur questions here.....u would get good responses.....buh you can flow with dis link sha www.nairaland.com/962116/travelling-canada-part-3/338

please i have a specific question, i am going for an undergraduate studies and i am 26, finished sec school in 2004. do you think my age and being a long time since i finished sec school would affect my chances of getting a trv?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 10:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
uobot:

please i have a specific question, i am going for an undergraduate studies and i am 26, finished sec school in 2004. do you think my age and being a long time since i finished sec school would affect my chances of getting a trv?
....Its not gona affect if and only if you can explain the gap bro....oya i wana ask u....what have you been doing since 2004 till date?....if ur explanation solid then it wouldnt affect .....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
onuawuchi: After what seemed like eternity, my passport was finally returned refused with the reason that:

1. I don't have enough funds to pay my tuition.

2. I didn't satisfy them I'll return after studies, cos of

A, my travel history- Never been out of the country all my life. Does it mean if you've not travel b4 you won't get a chance to study in Canada?
B,your family ties in Canada and country of residence- I don't have any relative in canada and I remember giving them copies of my sibling Int'l pp and birth Cert, even my mother's
C,Your current employment situation- Provided them with my previous job employment letter and salary account. Gave them a letter from employer for my current job. Though not a big place
D, your personal asset and financial status- this I can understand cos I had non to show them.

I have gotten a new admission letter from my school for 2014F and I will like to reapply. How best do I close these VO gaps? Your help will be appreciated

@ bruf, so depressed at this moment. Sorry for the denial. Pls can u kindly share with the house documents submitted for ur application so the gurus in the house can shed more light to the loop holes? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
Quantumfisika: Guys!!! Heaven heard my decrees declaration- dias power in d tongue! I don port!!!!! If u blive urs is next, shout a resounding faithfilled Amen!!
congrats, so happy for u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uobot: 11:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
ChriGo: ....Its not gona affect if and only if you can explain the gap bro....oya i wana ask u....what have you been doing since 2004 till date?....if ur explanation solid then it wouldnt affect .....

i have actually graduated but with a low cgpa cry of 2.20 in physics, which wasn't my interest, you know as niaja uni dey do, them give me admission there and i had to take it by force cos i been don dey house 2yrs already by then in 2006. finished 2012. haven't gone for service yet duo. i cant even access my transcript now if i am to go for pgd cos of the strike. and the most important of all is that sincerely i want to totally change my field cos i cant stand another physics related lecture undecided and that is why i am applying to a field i have passion about which is criminology, that is my reason i want to go afresh as an undergraduate to study.

pls advice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 11:13pm On Oct 28, 2013
kingRoosevelt: house abeg somebody helped me enquire..and he said they called my name to come inside and I didnt show up plus they didn't bother callin me on phone. .n/b I haven't done medicals plus my start date already xpired. .abeg wat does this mean biko.? any Xperience. ?
@ kings, everything will be ok, just make sure ur der before 8.am on wednessday morning. Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 28, 2013
uobot:

i have actually graduated but with a low cgpa cry of 2.20 in physics, which wasn't my interest, you know as niaja uni dey do, them give me admission there and i had to take it by force cos i been don dey house 2yrs already by then in 2006. finished 2012. haven't gone for service yet duo. i cant even access my transcript now if i am to go for pgd cos of the strike. and the most important of all is that sincerely i want to totally change my field cos i cant stand another physics related lecture undecided and that is why i am applying to a field i have passion about which is criminology, that is my reason i want to go afresh as an undergraduate to study.

pls advice

9ja system eeh.Very devastating.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 1:19am On Oct 29, 2013
Thanks to everyone who sent me consolation messages. Am back to help in the best way that I can.

I pray many people here will receive their TRV and medical call up this week. grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 1:40am On Oct 29, 2013
uobot:

pls advice

At 26 years; you are still safe to switch career so your age is not really a big deal. The real deal is securing admission into a Canadian school and having the fund to finance a 4 years undergraduate programme!

So in the same 4 to 5 years; you obtain both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
As for the case of securing trv; your Statement of Purpose (To correct academic deficiency) plays a significant role.

From research, it is easier to get into british undergraduate programmes at second year level and finish in 2 years because UK run mostly 3 years degree programmes then you can move on to Canada or the USA for your masters.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Abellybaba: 2:03am On Oct 29, 2013
Quantumfisika: Guys!!! Heaven heard my decrees declaration- dias power in d tongue! I don port!!!!! If u blive urs is next, shout a resounding faithfilled Amen!!

Quantumfisika i storm yest too, what were you wearing? i find your contact if any one know you so we for relate all those waiting times. Anyways good luck man. Me self port yesterday. Thanks everybody. GOD BLESS!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 4:53am On Oct 29, 2013
travel history is just a template. focus on financial aspect and ur educational background ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 4:54am On Oct 29, 2013
kjbobo:
Check AirCairo,Ethiopian,Turkish....but please avoid U.S oooooo...transit visa n.a. Wahala o
eygptair n airmaroc
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 4:58am On Oct 29, 2013
ancient1:

im flying air France to Toronto via Paris, then air Canada from Toronto to PEI.

I hope its 2 bags oh.
try egyptair , i booked at 188K to toronto...and westjet at 50k to winnipeg

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 5:58am On Oct 29, 2013
uobot:

pls advice
......Now this is kinda getting interesting....my brother you do not have problem at all....all you need do at this point is to play ur card well.....what you're simply gona do is apply for a pgd physics related course in a college that requires little or no tuition deposit e.g keyano college, centinnial,etc....use dia admission for your visa purpose so as not to have any problem constructing ur SOP....on the other hand you can apply to the undergrad university of ur chioce for the criminology course....once you get the uni's admission, keep the admission letter.....now that you have both admission letters(college and uni)....proceed to applying for ur visa with the college pgd admission letter.....once u've gotten ur visa and then on getting to canada you can then switch to the university for ur passionate criminology course......this is the best way to go about it bro....if u apply for visa with the undergraduate adm letter at age 26 ....hmmm ur chances of getting the visa would be low bro cuz u wouldn't convince the Visa officer enough as to what u've been doing since 2004 till date..... .since you cant access ur transcript please apply to the Uni first and secure dia admission....ASUU strike will still end grin.....you still have to be patient to be able to get ur transcript out....college admission takes 1-3weeks max....since ur target is fall 2014 pls take ur time to perfect ur plans well bro.....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2013
Abellybaba:

Quantumfisika i storm yest too, what were you wearing? i find your contact if any one know you so we for relate all those waiting times. Anyways good luck man. Me self port yesterday. Thanks everybody. GOD BLESS!!
@ Abellybaba, congrats.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 7:08am On Oct 29, 2013
onuawuchi: After what seemed like eternity, my passport was finally returned refused with the reason that:

1. I don't have enough funds to pay my tuition.

2. I didn't satisfy them I'll return after studies, cos of

A, my travel history- Never been out of the country all my life. Does it mean if you've not travel b4 you won't get a chance to study in Canada?
B,your family ties in Canada and country of residence- I don't have any relative in canada and I remember giving them copies of my sibling Int'l pp and birth Cert, even my mother's
C,Your current employment situation- Provided them with my previous job employment letter and salary account. Gave them a letter from employer for my current job. Though not a big place
D, your personal asset and financial status- this I can understand cos I had non to show them.

I have gotten a new admission letter from my school for 2014F and I will like to reapply. How best do I close these VO gaps? Your help will be appreciated

.....So sorry about the denial bro....God will perfect it this time.....to cover the Loopholes in ur app, you still have to answer the following questions....

1. Who is your sponsor?
2. How much does ur sponsor have in his/her account(SOA)
3. Whats ur sponsors source of income?....working or self employed?
3. If your sponsor is unrelated and married with kids, were u able to draft a sponsorship letter as to why he is sponsoring you?
4.Did you include Sponsors Landed properties? ....
5. Is ur SOP in a very good shape ?...SOP is a very good venum to empasize to the VO u're coming back home

Bro ur answers to these questions will enable the house cover the Loopholes in ur visa app....other question might spring up based on ur answers....God will surely perfect it this time......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uobot: 7:27am On Oct 29, 2013
ChriGo: ......Now this is kinda getting interesting....my brother you do not have problem at all....all you need do at this point is to play ur card well.....what you're simply gona do is apply for a pgd physics related course in a college that requires little or no tuition deposit e.g keyano college, centinnial,etc....use dia admission for your visa purpose so as not to have any problem constructing ur SOP....on the other hand you can apply to the undergrad university of ur chioce for the criminology course....once you get the uni's admission, keep the admission letter.....now that you have both admission letters(college and uni)....proceed to applying for ur visa with the college pgd admission letter.....once u've gotten ur visa and then on getting to canada you can then switch to the university for ur passionate criminology course......this is the best way to go about it bro....if u apply for visa with the undergraduate adm letter at age 26 ....hmmm ur chances of getting the visa would be low bro cuz u wouldn't convince the Visa officer enough as to what u've been doing since 2004 till date..... .since you cant access ur transcript please apply to the Uni first and secure dia admission....ASUU strike will still end grin.....you still have to be patient to be able to get ur transcript out....college admission takes 1-3weeks max....since ur target is fall 2014 pls take ur time to perfect ur plans well bro.....

thanks alot bro ur a savior . . ur too much cos my mama no gree me drink water drop cup cos of my 3rd class ever since . cry i am gonna do as u have said. thanks a bunch

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 8:07am On Oct 29, 2013
Abellybaba:

was on a light brown tshirt on a almost black Jeans n a black palms with laptop knapsack..was gizting wit one fine fair lady like dat...lol...I sat cloze to d entrance near one guy with a BB dat was complainin of d water d tanker guys used to mess whia he sat....u b d dude? lol... met anoda guy wen I went to collect myn inside who applied since May ...u b d dude? Congrats sir...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 8:10am On Oct 29, 2013
guys...diaz a sure agent of Canada visa...he helped someone get a visa in just 7days...he's well educated n travels wide...if u guys r interested send me a PM..he wil guide u on evrytin esp packaging of those who have sponzors cos ryt now dats wat I tink CDHC looks at more...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lillaowow(m): 8:19am On Oct 29, 2013
Quantumfisika: guys...diaz a sure agent of Canada visa...he helped someone get a visa in just 7days...he's well educated n travels wide...if u guys r interested send me a PM..he wil guide u on evrytin esp packaging of those who have sponzors cos ryt now dats wat I tink CDHC looks at more...

This Post has been Hidden. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Sammiejokes(m): 8:46am On Oct 29, 2013
Please house am planning to apply to MUN, is it mandatory to write ENGLISH TEST for visa purpose. Some people are telling me visa are rejected due to unavailability of English score.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by onuawuchi: 8:50am On Oct 29, 2013
My sponsor is my elder sister. I provided her birth and marriage cert. showing her maiden name.
I submitted her SOA (salary account) with 3.7m as the closing balance. I also tendered her CSCS statement with shares valued over 3.5m. Her employer also provided us with a recent employment letter stating her p.a pay of about 10m. She has three kids.

My SOP took me like two months to put together. To me it was a master piece. I felt like making out with it any time I read through it. I guess my love was the VO's nightmare.

I included my late dads sworn affidavit of his inherited land and building plan. Certificates of market stall ownership of my dad and mom.

Whether the VO no like my face. My intention is simply to understand how economics works in the developed world and translate it for my own emerging economy. I seek a generation to impact not a place to immigrate to. If only they could see that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2013
......Haba Quantumfiska....you chop visa but you still never relax....i hope justwise puts u in a compulsory relaxation mode grin......its prohibited to come advertise an agent here bro....u have been on nairaland and have enjoyed wealth of info....why not refer peeps here?....why still come here to advertise agents?.....Quantumfiska fia bagi lampa tu ooo......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 9:15am On Oct 29, 2013
Sammiejokes: Please house am planning to apply to MUN, is it mandatory to write ENGLISH TEST for visa purpose. Some people are telling me visa are rejected due to unavailability of English score.
....as far as MUN is concern, you dont need ENGLISH TEST....and embassy do not reject based on dat....you got d wrong info.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by uobot: 10:05am On Oct 29, 2013
ChriGo: ......Now this is kinda getting interesting....my brother you do not have problem at all....all you need do at this point is to play ur card well.....what you're simply gona do is apply for a pgd physics related course in a college that requires little or no tuition deposit e.g keyano college, centinnial,etc....use dia admission for your visa purpose so as not to have any problem constructing ur SOP....on the other hand you can apply to the undergrad university of ur chioce for the criminology course....once you get the uni's admission, keep the admission letter.....now that you have both admission letters(college and uni)....proceed to applying for ur visa with the college pgd admission letter.....once u've gotten ur visa and then on getting to canada you can then switch to the university for ur passionate criminology course......this is the best way to go about it bro....if u apply for visa with the undergraduate adm letter at age 26 ....hmmm ur chances of getting the visa would be low bro cuz u wouldn't convince the Visa officer enough as to what u've been doing since 2004 till date..... .since you cant access ur transcript please apply to the Uni first and secure dia admission....ASUU strike will still end grin.....you still have to be patient to be able to get ur transcript out....college admission takes 1-3weeks max....since ur target is fall 2014 pls take ur time to perfect ur plans well bro.....

thanks so much for your advice, i had put a call to my exam officer back in school, its a good thing i was close to the man, and i am getting a positive out come regarding my transcript. he says he would find out if they is a way it can be sent to my intending school on time even duo the strike is still on. so am keeping my fingers crossed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Sammiejokes(m): 10:24am On Oct 29, 2013
ChriGo: ....as fas as MUN is concern, you dont need ENGLISH TEST....and embassy do not reject based on dat....you got d wrong info.....
thanks ChriGo

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.