Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna (47308 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra / Plane Crash-lands In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by ShenTeh(m): 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
Anroflane? I crassland? Por Kaduna? Allah kiayen mugu iska
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Chiemeka1: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Glory be to God
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Make nobody come this space sha

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by hikmoj(m): 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Tank God oo d joly we dey jolly say S /eagles hama antelopes no any bad news com spoil am.d occupants cheated death sha
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by nerodenero: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
So much for act of God
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
We have had 10 plane crashes in 20 years. What baffles me most is the fact these crashes mostly happens on weekends. I wonder why?
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by hikmoj(m): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
Lil chilz: I go school = Strike
I no go school = Poverty
--------------- ----------- I travel by air = Plane crash
By sea = Militants
By land = Kidnappers, Bad Roads and
Robbers
--------------- ----------- I go to Mosque/Church = Boko Haram
I go to village = Witchcraft
I stay at home = No Work!
Wetin man go do?
i get fine idea,go enta ocean
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by ochukoccna: 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
And so the decay continues cool cool
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by donphilopus: 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
hikmoj: u no know anytin wetin b act of God na acts of d apostles
buhahaha, Exactly, No be only act of God, na act of Apostle
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by obailala(m): 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
aigbe_edo: mk una leave stella alone, wetin self nor be person conderm D Aviation b4 she enter repair am small.
Our leaders have eyes and ears everywhere even on nairaland. When they see comments like yours, it encourages them to be lazy and corrupt because they know the people they rule are 'idiots'

This is one horrible mentality that keeps us backward as a nation.. so because the rot was there b4 she was appointed then u expect us to go and blame previous governments?? probably u want us to also go and blame Agagu??... if I may ask, why was she appointed if not to clear the existing rot?

Someone is employed to fix a mess but when she fails, the same masses who are actually the victims will still rally support for her and defend her with dumb arguments like "the rot was there b4 her."

The moment we stop our idiotic sycophancy and start aggressively holding our leaders accountable for their actions and in-actions, the better for us as a nation.

3 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by sutsirave(m): 8:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
cashkid18: sum apc e-internet warriors wil stil blame gej for it angry
on point
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Mubby4luv(m): 8:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
victor1: An emergency landing is very different from a crash-landing. It made an emergency landing and not a crash-landing.
You re sick.. an emergency landing is due wen a pregnant woman is in labour or someone got a serious health issue admits air or mayb a faulty warning comes up. but wen a plane is forced to land without its front tires or any other, Its called "Crash land" use ur brains abeg.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
obailala: Our leaders have eyes and ears everywhere even on nairaland. When they see comments like yours, it encourages them to be lazy and corrupt because they know the people they rule are 'idiots'

This is one horrible mentality that keeps us backward as a nation.. so because the rot was there b4 she was appointed then u expect us to go and blame previous governments?? probably u want us to also go and blame Agagu??... if I may ask, why was she appointed if not to clear the existing rot?

Someone is employed to fix a mess but when she fails, the same masses who are actually the victims will still rally support for her and defend her with dumb arguments like "the rot was there b4 her."

The moment we stop our idiotic sycophancy and start aggressively holding our leaders accountable for their actions and in-actions, the better for us as a nation.

Take it easy on yourself bro, the flight developed that hydraulic fault all of a sudden, just as a normal car brake might develop fault all of a sudden without warning, and there is no way the Pilot would have tried to rectify such fault without landing, except you want them to continue flying around hoping that the Tyres will eventually come out, Stella isnt the reason why such things happen, because if you use your head to think, you will understand that the same plane used those same tyres on the runway before it tookoff, so please try to understand that sudden mechanical faults shouldn't be related to the Aviation sector (Although the Aviation sector should check on things like these to verify a healthy flight, but this looks like a sudden fault), rather the Airlines should be blamed, if you ask me, i don't think there is any Airline that enjoys loosing their flights to casualties just as a country wouldn't want to loose her citizens to casualties.

4 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by AdlatWorld(m): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
who shud we nw blame? Tinunbu abi?

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by olumidazz: 9:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
I hv flown that particular plane several times and each time we are about landing the pilots always gives excuses like airport closed to vip movement, heavy rainfall at destination, etc and wht always follows is that the plane continually hovers in the air aimlessness, a lot of times when pilot gives this excuses my instincts instantly tells me the gears hv refused to deploy.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Thebrightest(m): 9:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
In the name of THE FARMER, AND OF HIS SON, AND OF HIS ONLY SECRET,
No plane crash shall happen again.
Let me hear your Amen!
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
olumidazz: I hv flown that particular plane several times and each time we are about landing the pilots always gives excuses like airport closed to vip movement, heavy rainfall at destination, etc and wht always follows is that the plane continually hovers in the air aimlessness, a lot of times when pilot gives this excuses my instincts instantly tells me the gears hv refused to deploy.

But the flight number wasn't given in this Article, so what particular flight are you talking about...?

3 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by festivity123: 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
holy ghost fire for anybody when go say make i enter flight for nigeria
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by dbride: 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
As long as we keep politicizing the aviation industry, we will continue to witness incompetence in that sector. Stella Oduah got that position as compensation for sponsoring "NEIGHBOUR to NEIGHBOUR" a campaign outfit sponsored by Stella Oduah during Gej's campaign. She has to recoup her money and aviation is the real deal, so much money to be made there in form of bribes. Spit fire but it cannot consume this truth. Aviation is a juicy ministry for the corrupt.

How? Every plane MUST do A,B,C,D checks each after a stipulated number of flight hours or risk being certified NOT AIRWORTHY and grounded by the regulatory agency (NCAA). Unfortunately, the airline operators and NCAA do not respect this very important safety measure, money changes hands and planes continue flights as usual and we consistently experience mishaps in that dept. Our problem is NCAA and airline operators who love money more than the lives of passengers! NCAA has turned planes to flying coffins and coffins are meant to be buried underground or burnt.

Worse still, heard NCAA has been complaining that the minister hijacked their job.....and this is serious. Truth cannot be buried, it only takes time to show up.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Anniettieufia(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thank God'
no life was lost,

But who is not doing his / her work here ?
The president or the minister ?
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by obailala(m): 9:21pm On Oct 13, 2013
Olekumaster: nigeria aviation industry is just too bad. The other day, pilots were to blame. This time who is?

Its very easy to blame pilots that are dead and can't defend themselves but as is usually the case in Nigeria, the whole investigation ends by heaping the blame on the pilots.

The truth in our aviation sector is that, those pilots must have been under tremendous pressure from their employers to fly that plane and from their experience, they must have felt they could get the plane safely to Akure and back. Problem with Nigeria is that after heaping the blame on the dead pilots, nobody bothers to ask why/if the aircraft maintenance engineers cleared the plane fit for service. No one also dares ask why the management forced the pilots to fly a faulty plane (I am sure the airline management knew the condition of the plane).

No one dares to ask why no one (not a single person) has been convicted for criminal negligence of duty in the countless air mishaps that happen in Nigeria.
Oh, I almost forgot, just like our able minister mentioned, all the air disasters in Nigeria are an act of God hence there is no need to punish anyone. Strangely, with this attitude, we expect crashes to stop happening. In my opinion, I think the real act of God in our aviation industry is that we still have planes that fly and land safely.

4 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
Who has a latest version of microsoft flight simulator abeg?
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by victor1(m): 9:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Reacting to the incident , The Managing
Director of IRS, Mr Yemi Dada said “ On final
approach to Kaduna today on our flight 3390
with 89 passengers, our cockpit crew got a low
hydraulic in system 1 warning and decided to
take precautionary measures to ask for
ground confirmation that all gears were down
and locked and the aircraft landed normally
after the control tower had confirmed that
the gears were all down normally.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
obailala:

Its very easy to blame pilots that are dead and can't defend themselves but as is usually the case in Nigeria, the whole investigation ends by heaping the blame on the pilots.

The truth in our aviation sector is that, those pilots must have been under tremendous pressure from their employers to fly that plane and from their experience, they must have felt they could get the plane safely to Akure and back. Problem with Nigeria is that after heaping the blame on the dead pilots, nobody bothers to ask why/if the aircraft maintenance engineers cleared the plane fit for service. No one also dares ask why the management forced the pilots to fly a faulty plane (I am sure the airline management knew the condition of the plane).

No one dares to ask why no one (not a single person) has been convicted for criminal negligence of duty in the countless air mishaps that happen in Nigeria.
Oh, I almost forgot, just like our able minister mentioned, all the air disasters in Nigeria are an act of God hence there is no need to punish anyone. Strangely, with this attitude, we expect crashes to stop happening. In my opinion, I think the real act of God in our aviation industry is that we still have planes that fly and land safely.

You still didn't make any sense, because you just blamed everyone involved in the Aviation industry in this your piece of article without actually arriving at a concrete point of understanding
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by mrgreen4real(m): 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
EMBER MONTHS OOO! REMAIN TRAIN O!
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 13, 2013
it was a great relief for we passengers on board,i even attempted jumping out thru the plane emergency exit,there was confusion everywhere,people scrambling for cover,prayers emanating from all corners of the plane you would think you were in the midst of highly devout prayerwarriors,but we thank God that he spared our lives,and i am alive to tell the story.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
ty444: it was a great relief for we passengers on board,i even attempted jumping out thru the plane emergency exit,there was confusion everywhere,people scrambling for cover,prayers emanating from all corners of the plane you would think you were in the midst of highly devout prayerwarriors,but we thank God that he spared our lives,and i am alive to tell the story.

Okay so tell us, since you were on Board, did the plane actually crash or it landed safely..?, because reports had it that the plane landed safely on the runway, but this Article on FP is saying otherwise like the plane had a minor crash, whereas the Minister is saying there was no crash, so please tell us which one is true since you were on board.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by rush2mac(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
Arosa: Should I believe Aproko news? undecided I need to hear from awenbo channels first. lipsrsealed
Oshare na,mavo?
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by eaglechild: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
What do we believe?
Aproko news or the airline?

Some peeps will soon come to tell us how Stella bewitched the landing gear.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by metti(m): 9:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
idupaul:

Was the aircraft trying to ejaculate sperm ?
Eediota! Is this a joke?
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by obailala(m): 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
eddiebruk:

Take it easy on yourself bro, the flight developed that hydraulic fault all of a sudden, just as a normal car brake might develop fault all of a sudden without warning, and there is no way the Pilot would have tried to rectify such fault without landing, except you want them to continue flying around hoping that the Tyres will eventually come out, Stella isnt the reason why such things happen, because if you use your head to think, you will understand that the same plane used those same tyres on the runway before it tookoff, so please try to understand that sudden mechanical faults shouldn't be related to the Aviation sector (Although the Aviation sector should check on things like these to verify a healthy flight, but this looks like a sudden fault), rather the Airlines should be blamed, if you ask me, i don't think there is any Airline that enjoys loosing their flights to casualties just as a country wouldn't want to loose her citizens to casualties.

How can u say a thing like this?? That a plane developed a 'sudden fault' mid air without a single sign on the ground??... Are u suggesting that none of the engineers on ground knew something was fishy with the hydraulic system of the plane prior to flight??... Maybe this incident might have been a 'sudden fault' case but are u suggesting that all other airplanes that crashed in Nigeria developed 'sudden faults' mid air.

U say no airline enjoys loosing their planes but do u know the financial implication of an airline cancelling a flight?? Have u ever considered that some corrupt/reckless airline management would rather gamble with the lives of their passengers than lose millions to a grounded flight??.. or is this evil concept new to u as a Nigerian??

Now u finally say airlines are to be blamed and not the aviation regulatory authorities but are u aware that the engineers who certify these planes as fit-for-flight are not of the airlines but rather from the government (NCAA)?? ... Do you honestly think those NCAA engineers are so incompetent that they don't know when a plane is faulty and when its ok??.. Do u know its the same Nigerian NCAA engineers that also check and certify foreign (international) airlines also when they land in Nigeria.... Have u ever asked urself why it's only the Nigerian planes they certify as fit that develop 'sudden fault' mid air very often??

The logic is simple, NCAA certifies a plane as UNFIT, airline management pays a bribe to NCAA and the plane suddenly becomes FIT. I dont think the NCAA is totally independent of the aviation ministry so please if u can also use ur head to think, u will understand why I blame the ministry of aviation for not carrying out its oversight functions.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Checkout The Final Outlook of Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta / The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State / Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.