Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna (47309 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra / Plane Crash-lands In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by ugochukwumaduka: 9:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
Ojobojo1: Who else should they blame, he is in charge so he iz supposed to order d minister to carry out checks on all airlines in Nigeria.

Guy, minister to carry out checks? I hope u don't mean literarily.What happened to NCAA and the rest of the gang?
Truth is whatever supposed issue d NCAA is having with the ministry of aviation is not enough to make it fail in carrying out its core mandate of regulation and ensuring safety. The high operating cost of aviation bizness and d desire to mk quick profit is what's making these airlines want to reduce cost by cutting corners n undermining safety in d process. Since corruption is already endemic in all spheres of our nation and our social strata, its easy to grease hands n shun safety...d men n women who approve these flying coffins re Nigerians lyk us and go home to families at the end of the day...they ve sold their conscience for leftover porridge. The way forward is a re-orientation of our value system cos even when we eventually get d right person to lead, we still might not be d right people to follow dt leader.

4 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
Who will then fix the crumbling edifice?
Because, things seem not moving well in this country!
Entire sectors of the economy are in state of an emergency.
Today ASUU, tomorrow Boko haram/SSANU/Doctors' strike/Corruption etc
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by besttop(m): 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
something should be done about all this crashing,we have only one life to live, so they should stop playing with peoples life.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
some people be like around here jus to criticize other peoples opinion.......change nd ammend your ways,for CHRIST sake no man is an island
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by tonardo(m): 9:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
the road are calling for repair'-.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
obailala:

How can u say a thing like this?? That a plane developed a 'sudden fault' mid air without a single sign on the ground??... Are u suggesting that none of the engineers on ground knew something was fishy with the hydraulic system of the plane prior to flight??... Maybe this incident might have been a 'sudden fault' case but are u suggesting that all other airplanes that crashed in Nigeria developed 'sudden faults' mid air.

U say no airline enjoys loosing their planes but do u know the financial implication of an airline cancelling a flight?? Have u ever considered that some corrupt/reckless airline management would rather gamble with the lives of their passengers than lose millions to a grounded flight??.. or is this evil concept new to u as a Nigerian??

Now u finally say airlines are to be blamed and not the aviation regulatory authorities but are u aware that the engineers who certify these planes as fit-for-flight are not of the airlines but rather from the government (NCAA)?? ... Do you honestly think those NCAA engineers are so incompetent that they don't know when a plane is faulty and when its ok??.. Do u know its the same Nigerian NCAA engineers that also check and certify foreign (international) airlines also when they land in Nigeria.... Have u ever asked urself why it's only the Nigerian planes they certify as fit that develop 'sudden fault' mid air very often??

The logic is simple, NCAA certifies a plane as UNFIT, airline management pays a bribe to NCAA and the plane suddenly becomes FIT. I dont think the NCAA is totally independent of the aviation ministry so please if u can also use ur head to think, u will understand why I blame the ministry of aviation for not carrying out its oversight functions.

Are you aware that the NCAA and the Aviation Ministry are having some serious issues before now...? If you don't, then i guess i have answered your long written question. Are you also aware that the plane actually didn't crash as this news had it...? i told you the issue was sudden and the pilot made a confirmation to be sure if the Tyres were out, and just maybe because of the series of cases of air mishaps, Nigerians became weary that they are about to crash. But the plane landed successfully, although on the runway.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by maipeople(m): 10:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
Awesome cool
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by tonardo(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
the road are calling for repair'-.
you can't fly forever, after flying you still land freely or forcely..
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2013
donphilopus: Plane plane plane plane, why always you? Although, it was an act of God.
Thank God there was no casualty
do I just heard u say plane crash is an act of God, from what chapter of the bible do u get that. Answer now!
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by lohresloco: 10:06pm On Oct 13, 2013
Lil chilz: I go school = Strike
I no go school = Poverty
--------------- ----------- I travel by air = Plane crash
By sea = Militants
By land = Kidnappers, Bad Roads and
Robbers
--------------- ----------- I go to Mosque/Church = Boko Haram
I go to village = Witchcraft
I stay at home = No Work!
Wetin man go do?

this made me weep,lol
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by lohresloco: 10:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
otss: End of things at this time is happening more in Nigeria. I could remember the prophecy as Nigeria map being at the cock place in africa's map as a gun.
i like the way Nlers keep switching this end time things, mad hilarious.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by donphilopus: 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
klenzjoshua: do I just heard u say plane crash is an act of God, from what chapter of the bible do u get that. Answer now!
do you not understand me? Na D Person wey talk so I dey mock nau
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Urine: 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
mekaboy: You will be surprised that what is happening in the aviation sector is political. People could be paid to create faults in the airplanes to discredit gej and the aviation minister. You cannot believe how far nigerians can go for selfish political gains.

Mate, it's time to upgrade your brain's firmware to the latest version.

2 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by obailala(m): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
eddiebruk:

You still didn't make any sense, because you just blamed everyone involved in the Aviation industry in this your piece of article without actually arriving at a concrete point of understanding

I wonder what is too difficult for you to understand. It is very clear that the NCAA and airline operators love money more than the lives of the passengers. An UNFIT airplane is declared FIT by the NCAA after money changes hands. The aviation ministry is also not left out in this evil gamble. There are 3 main culprits:

1. Airline management
2. NCAA
3. Aviation Ministry

The aviation ministry instead of checking the excesses of the NCAA would rather join in the bribe party and then blame God when planes fall off the sky.

2 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by obailala(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
eddiebruk:

Are you aware that the NCAA and the Aviation Ministry are having some serious issues before now...? If you don't, then i guess i have answered your long written question. Are you also aware that the plane actually didn't crash as this news had it...? i told you the issue was sudden and the pilot made a confirmation to be sure if the Tyres were out, and just maybe because of the series of cases of air mishaps, Nigerians became weary that they are about to crash. But the plane landed successfully, although on the runway.

Oh yes we thank God it landed safely but please, my rants are not necessarily about the incident of today so please don't dwell on that.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Osgilliat(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
[q u ote author=cashkid18]sum apc e-internet warriors wil stil blame gej for it angry[/quote]

If i didnt blame your gej then who should i blame? Ok make i blame madam na act of God....oh i forgot na gej admnistration she dey serve.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by hamzab: 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2013
Work 4rm home and earn at least $10 per day. Jst enter d link below to knw more abt it. http:///API-Employ/?id=Hubicon.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Harmvirus(f): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Greatken007: Mention 1 country that has never experience plane crash since last year...Stop saying our air space is unsafe,which is now safe?
I know but not like this.3 different cases within 2 weeks.Na only God go save person for this country
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
donphilopus: do you not understand me? Na D Person wey talk so I dey mock nau
okay bro
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by ilebaami: 10:32pm On Oct 13, 2013
Redhot111: Dis urt luv 4 GEJ na wa oo. Even wen its obvious dat evry sector is failin nw u want to cum wit dis mumu philosophy. D oda day it ws opposition influencing ASUU strike n my question to dat ws, 'y nt do d ryt tin so dat d opposition won't hv anytin to capitalize on'. Nw here u cum again tellin me dat opposition went remove d tyre frm d plane at nyt abi? I beg use ur head ooo
I know that every sector in Nigeria is best served under GEJ. The Sosoliso and Bellview crashes were very unfortunate but before GEJ. No President has performed better than GEJ.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by ilebaami: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
obailala:

I wonder what is too difficult for you to understand. It is very clear that the NCAA and airline operators love money more than the lives of the passengers. An UNFIT airplane is declared FIT by the NCAA after money changes hands. The aviation ministry is also not left out in this evil gamble. There are 3 main culprits:
1. Airline management
2. NCAA
3. Aviation Ministry

The aviation ministry instead of checking the excesses of the NCAA would rather join in the bribe party and then blame God when planes fall off the sky.
The Aviation Ministry has understandable constraints in setting aircraft regulations.
Nigerian airlines are undercapitalized and the operators cannot buy newer planes. This Minister is working to solve that fundamental problem.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
ugochukwumaduka:

Guy, minister to carry out checks? I hope u don't mean literarily.What happened to NCAA and the rest of the gang?
Truth is whatever supposed issue d NCAA is having with the ministry of aviation is not enough to make it fail in carrying out its core mandate of regulation and ensuring safety. The high operating cost of aviation bizness and d desire to mk quick profit is what's making these airlines want to reduce cost by cutting corners n undermining safety in d process. Since corruption is already endemic in all spheres of our nation and our social strata, its easy to grease hands n shun safety...d men n women who approve these flying coffins re Nigerians lyk us and go home to families at the end of the day...they ve sold their conscience for leftover porridge. The way forward is a re-orientation of our value system cos even when we eventually get d right person to lead, we still might not be d right people to follow dt leader.

Very true. But a clean leader like Buhari has a better chance to lead the people forthrightly (at least for the sake of future generations) than say a "1/2 clean/almost rotten" person like Fashola. We all know that if the head is not right the body wont stand a fighting chance. GEJ is a lost cause and this Govt wont change, so lets just accept that fact and look to the future. Fashola is a good administrator for Nigerian standards, perhaps the best of all the Governors. He could be good Presidential material, but he is corrupt; or at least hes very close to questionable characters. Then theres Buhari whom everyone knows his antecedents. What Im saying is these are the choices Nigeria has right now: Keep flying in coffins and dying on your roads or; 2. Save up enough---and account for--- every penny spent in order to ensure that you have a safe and prosperous life? A corrupt man will not have the will power or balls to ensure that regulations are followed in Nigeria. You are right, Nigeria needs a thorough reorientation of its value system.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by fyneguy: 10:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
How could they land a plane with tyres? Please can someone explain?
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
obailala:

1. Airline management
2. NCAA
3. Aviation Ministry

So who is left..? if these 3 are the main culprits, that means the life of every air use is in danger, including witches and wizards. This also means that the whole of the Aviation industry is corrupt, so can you tell me how come there has been some progress in the aviation sector if not for the recent air mishaps...?
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
obailala:

1. Airline management
2. NCAA
3. Aviation Ministry

Thank you!
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
fyneguy: How could they land a plane with tyres? Please can someone explain?
Its called a "Crash landing". Its when the landings gears fail to perform properly.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 13, 2013
kingoflag:

Very true. But a clean leader like Buhari has a better chance to lead the people forthrightly (at least for the sake of future generations) than say a "1/2 clean/almost rotten" person like Fashola. We all know that if the head is not right the body wont stand a fighting chance. GEJ is a lost cause and this Govt wont change, so lets just accept that fact and look to the future. Fashola is a good administrator for Nigerian standards, perhaps the best of all the Governors. He could be good Presidential material, but he is corrupt; or at least hes very close to questionable characters. Then theres Buhari whom everyone knows his antecedents. What Im saying is these are the choices Nigeria has right now: Keep flying in coffins and dying on your roads or; 2. Save up enough---and account for--- every penny spent in order to ensure that you have a safe and prosperous life? A corrupt man will not have the will power or balls to ensure that regulations are followed in Nigeria. You are right, Nigeria needs a thorough reorientation of its value system.

A Bird at hand is better than 1000 in the sky, I thought Buhari was a former head of state after the coup that led to Shehu Shagari being over thrown? what was his achievement then, and since he is a respected General what has been his contribution to this country since then, and please i need visible evidence, not some long buried history...because i want to learn how we can trust a man that wants to by all means sit on the seat of the Presidency of this country, cant you see reasons for his desperation..? Desperado's are always not to be trusted.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by viktuur(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
Let everyone go and learn to SKYDIVE!!!! & always travel with a "backpack" grin grin grin
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by donphilopus: 10:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
klenzjoshua: okay bro
Yea Thanks
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by cronsberg: 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
'disasters don't just happen. It is a series of events that lead to the disaster itself' in this case

1. The airline management failed to adhere to already set global standards on airplane maintainance time line (including which components to be checked/replaced and at what time interval to take those actions. Probably just so they can save money

2. Since no action was taken in order to maintain standards, component part of the plane start to develop problems e.g THE LANDING GEAR START TO HOOK/CEASE , Tyre pressure and tyre ware and tear, the engines start to malfunction due to a leak from the fuel pipes or electrical wirings, the plane navigation system and altemeter start to glitch thereby giving false readings such that the plane might be heading towards the wrong fligh path, or just 5 meters from crashing into a mountain range, the pilot might still think he is safely cruising at 30000ft.

3. but above all this, the magic word is the root of them all: CORRUPTION . Because even though standards are there to benefit no one but us, we still ignor them. Hey, do you know why in other countries Planes fly safely, roads last forever(even with the heaviest truct loads) , electricity stays on 24/7, e.t.c e.t.c its called STANDARDS people, just hold dearly to already tried and trusted standards and you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by sham8co(m): 10:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
Mr. president are u aware of d out date aircraft operating in Nigeria? Pls do smthng abt d frequent occurance of accident in nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Checkout The Final Outlook of Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta / The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State / Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.