Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna (47306 Views)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane / Ethiopian Cargo Plane Crash-Lands At Kotoka Airport, Accra / Plane Crash-lands In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by vanstanzy(m): 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2013
aproko247: Report just reaching Aproko247 from a source at the Kaduna airport has it that another air disaster was averted on Sunday evening as a plane belonging to IRS Airline made a forceful landing.

It was gathered from the airport source that the aircraft's tyres refused to come during landing, which made the pilot to crash-land the aircraft. "The front tyres didn't come out on time and the pilot had to land the plane without its tyres out," the airport source informed us.

Aproko247 also reliably learnt that the plane was carrying passengers from Lagos to Kaduna.
"There was no casualty," the source confirmed the us.

Some days ago, a chartered Associated Airlines plane crashed in Lagos seconds after take-off, killing over a dozen persons.

Source: www.aproko247.com/?p=685

Do you have a story/gist for us? Kindly send to

aproko247@gmail.com

or call +2348055590141

or BB: 22F89BFE

Follow us on Twitter: @aproko247
Like us on facebook.com/aproko247

If dis is for real. Then the demons r at it again. Nawao!
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
eddiebruk:

A Bird at hand is better than 1000 in the sky, I thought Buhari was a former head of state after the coup that led to Shehu Shagari being over thrown? what was his achievement then, and since he is a respected General what has been his contribution to this country since then, and please i need visible evidence, not some long buried history...because i want to learn how we can trust a man that wants to by all means sit on the seat of the Presidency of this country, cant you see reasons for his desperation..? Desperado's are always not to be trusted.

If you want to know about his achievements then by all means there are numerous books, newspaper archives and online articles that can aide you. I learned the same way. Barely 3 years ago I knew little to nothing myself. You can either dispute what I said on his antecedents or keep it moving, I will not accept innuendos. What do you call "desperation"? With all apologies you sound like you do not even know the history of your own country--- I mean you basically admitted that much. I would advice you to do a lot of reading and not rely on folklore. Buhari is the last clean politician you have in Nigeria. Once hes dead your country will now completely go to the dogs.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by vanstanzy(m): 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
ugochukwumaduka:

Guy, minister to carry out checks? I hope u don't mean literarily.What happened to NCAA and the rest of the gang?
Truth is whatever supposed issue d NCAA is having with the ministry of aviation is not enough to make it fail in carrying out its core mandate of regulation and ensuring safety. The high operating cost of aviation bizness and d desire to mk quick profit is what's making these airlines want to reduce cost by cutting corners n undermining safety in d process. Since corruption is already endemic in all spheres of our nation and our social strata, its easy to grease hands n shun safety...d men n women who approve these flying coffins re Nigerians lyk us and go home to families at the end of the day...they ve sold their conscience for leftover porridge. The way forward is a re-orientation of our value system cos even when we eventually get d right person to lead, we still might not be d right people to follow dt leader.

Morelike, our people av thrown their conscience to the dogs, it nolonger exists.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 13, 2013
cronsberg: 'disasters don't just happen. It is a series of events that lead to the disaster itself' in this case

1. The airline management failed to adhere to already set global standards on airplane maintainance time line (including which components to be checked/replaced and at what time interval to take those actions. Probably just so they can save money

2. Since no action was taken in order to maintain standards, component part of the plane start to develop problems e.g THE LANDING GEAR START TO HOOK/CEASE , Tyre pressure and tyre ware and tear, the engines start to malfunction due to a leak from the fuel pipes or electrical wirings, the plane navigation system and altemeter start to glitch thereby giving false readings such that the plane might be heading towards the wrong fligh path, or just 5 meters from crashing into a mountain range, the pilot might still think he is safely cruising at 30000ft.

3. but above all this, the magic word is the root of them all: CORRUPTION . Because even though standards are there to benefit no one but us, we still ignor them. Hey, do you know why in other countries Planes fly safely, roads last forever(even with the heaviest truct loads) , electricity stays on 24/7, e.t.c e.t.c its called STANDARDS people, just hold dearly to already tried and trusted standards and you'll be fine.
End of story!
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
kingoflag:

If you want to know about his achievements then by all means there are numerous books, newspaper archives and online articles that can aide you. I learned the same way. Barely 3 years ago I knew little to nothing myself. You can either dispute what I said on his antecedents or keep it moving, I will not accept innuendos. What do you call "desperation"? With all apologies you sound like you do not even know the history of your own country--- I mean you basically admitted that much. I would advice you to do a lot of reading and not rely on folklore. Buhari is the last clean politician you have in Nigeria. Once hes dead your country will now completely go to the dogs.

Like i said earlier i am still learning and i would love to know more, it seems like you know a lot right, well since he is still alive, i am going to ask again, what is his contribution to Nigeria thus far even at the point where Nigeria is sitting at right now, you can give account of his achievements in the North, but i do not care about that since the North doesn't make up the whole of Nigeria, so please can i get to know more of Buhari's contribution to this country as a respected General...? not old buried achievements and possible loot. as well as reasons why he should be trusted with viable result proofs

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by boxymccoy(m): 11:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
God will save our country, no matter th situation, Lazarus was already stinking and yet came back to life despite the decay. I believe by God's intervention, Nigeria will become what God wants her to be.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by obailala(m): 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
Greatken007: Mention 1 country that has never experience plane crash since last year...Stop saying our air space is unsafe,which is now safe?

This is one very shallow and disgusting argument gullible Nigerians usually come up with as an excuse for us to keep living with our inexcusable man made woes...

When people say there is corruption, they will argue that there is no country without corruption

When people say we have a high rate of road accidents and fatalities, they will argue that all countries have road accidents

When people say we have a very poor aviation safety record with recurring air mishaps, they will argue that even advanced countries have crashes...

I do not know the level of education of the people that come up with this kind of arguments but these people may feel they are being patriotic. Unfortunately, they glorify and defend the ineptitude of our leaders thereby making the leaders too happy to persist in their failures. If these people understand the concept of 'statistics,' they should know that in a country like the US for instance, there is an average of about 25000 to 30000 flights per day. I dont think Nigeria records that figure in even a year yet someone wants to compare number of air crashes in Nigeria to the US.

7 Likes

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by dustydee: 11:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
The topic is misleading, there was no plane crash, it was an emergency landing according to all the reports I have read/heard. English is obviously becoming a problem.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by obailala(m): 11:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
eddiebruk:

So who is left..? if these 3 are the main culprits, that means the life of every air use is in danger, including witches and wizards. This also means that the whole of the Aviation industry is corrupt, so can you tell me how come there has been some progress in the aviation sector if not for the recent air mishaps...?

I wouldn't want to argue further with you on this topic because it's clear from all indications that you are being partisan (a typical Nigerian politician)

I rest my case. U win
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 14, 2013
dustydee: The topic is misleading, there was no plane crash, it was an emergency landing according to all the reports I have read/heard. English is obviously becoming a problem.

so? we should wait till it become a real plane crash before we take this serious.

@topic, This is an act of God
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 14, 2013
eddiebruk:

Like i said earlier i am still learning and i would love to know more, it seems like you know a lot right, well since he is still alive, i am going to ask again, what is his contribution to Nigeria thus far even at the point where Nigeria is sitting at right now, you can give account of his achievements in the North, but i do not care about that since the North doesn't make up the whole of Nigeria, so please can i get to know more of Buhari's contribution to this country as a respected General...? not old buried achievements and possible loot. as well as reasons why he should be trusted with viable result proofs

Thats up to you to go find out. Dont be lazy. Mental laziness and the inability to think critically and/or logically by your fathers is what made you, more than likely, to be born in a society thats never witnessed constant electricity since the day you were born. If you want to know more about Buhari Ive helped you out with sources you can check out. But its obvious you made up your mind already and for that I really feel bad for you.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by therapisteve(m): 1:20am On Oct 14, 2013
Whenever U walk on d road, always do these;
Look left and right very well for vehicles and motorcycles,always look up for planes,look down for Bombs,look back for kidnappers and tryna walk zigzag to avoid stray bullets. My Two cents
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by otunbamyk(m): 2:19am On Oct 14, 2013
iτ̅ sounds like dis plane crashes usually comes i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ seasons, once †ђξ 1st one happens plenty odas usualy follow suit...... God save ur people
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by kolamilan(m): 2:59am On Oct 14, 2013
idupaul:

Was the aircraft trying to ejaculate sperm ?
lol
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Bitojoe(m): 6:08am On Oct 14, 2013
Hmmm.the crew and the pilot were argue on how to share the shalla ram giving to them.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Abbey2sam(m): 6:19am On Oct 14, 2013
Isn't it an act of God?
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by jaymdee(m): 6:29am On Oct 14, 2013
Wheeew
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 14, 2013
rooftech: pdp needs blood for 2015

IRS Fokker 100 With 92 Passengers In Emergency Landing At The Kaduna Airport
Posted: October 13, 2013 - 16:50
Posted by siteadmin
By SaharaReporters, New York

An IRS Fokker 100 aircraft with 92 passengers on board nearly crashed upon approach to the Kaduna international airport earlier today.

The aircraft was carrying passengers from Lagos to Kaduna when it suddenly developed a hydraulic fault which forced the pilot to activate an emergency landing around 11:00 AM Nigerian time.

Efforts to get the ministry of aviation to explain what happened to the aircraft has proved abortive as aides to the minister has not responded to email inquiries.

However, some of the passengers who spoke to SaharaReporters said they were alarmed at the sudden drop in altitude as the plane began preparing to land in Kaduna

An airport source who pleaded anonymity said all the crew and passengers were safely evacuated, adding however that it was a terrible situation. While the plane remains at the airport.

Security has been beefed at the airport and journalists were barred from entering the airport as the time of filing this report.

The last incident in Kaduna airport was on 20 August 2010, when a Chanchangi Airlines Flight 334, operated by Boeing 737-200 5N-BIF struck the localizer antenna and landed short of the runway. Several passengers were slightly injured and the aircraft was substantially damaged. Chanchangi Airlines later suspended operations following the accident.

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/irs-fokker-100-92-passengers-emergency-landing-kaduna-airpor

IRS Fork.er grin
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by sandee575(f): 6:51am On Oct 14, 2013
There was no crash landing. It could be called a precautionary landing.
Hydraulic fluid loss happens a lot without warning due a broken seal.
Built-in redundancy systems back up the failed system. For example, the
aircraft electrical system could be used in place of the hydraulic system to
assist in achieving the required function.
Gravity could also be employed to drop the landing gear after a manual release
of its uplocks.

1 Like

Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by dustydee: 7:16am On Oct 14, 2013
webdezzi:

so? we should wait till it become a real plane crash before we take this serious.

@topic, This is an act of God
Claiming there was a plane crash when there was none will not solve our problems.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by braxjay(m): 7:21am On Oct 14, 2013
psucc: But we shd not lost sight of the prophecies concerning airr craches.

grin grin grin nice word combination. anything goes tongue tongue tongue
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by absalom11(m): 7:23am On Oct 14, 2013
ITS GOING TO BE GLORIOUS,HEAVENLY,PRAISY,ALL ABOUT GOD.
Its the Seat of God church Choir presenting a-day PRAISE JAM.
Featuring:
*UD PRAISE
*PRINCESS OMENA
*BIG BROTHERS
*EMMA SAX
*OTHER CHURCHES CHOIR
VENUE: JIKWOYI PHASE II BEHIND FOOTBAL FIELD,ABUJA.
DATE:25Th OCT, 2013
TIME:4:00PM
ITS GOING TO BE JUST LIKE HEAVEN HERE ON EARTH
Dont miss it!!!!!
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Herbert680: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2013
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by daclint(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2013
everytime plane plane plane, e be like say na to dey trek better pass dis days ooo, even if say we wan go yankee, na by trekking when we get to Red sea na to Call Moses Number
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 14, 2013
Ok!I think I need to order two camels from sokoto.One to carry my luggage and the other to carry me when I travel.Af
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by dbride: 8:01am On Oct 14, 2013
obailala:

How can u say a thing like this?? That a plane developed a 'sudden fault' mid air without a single sign on the ground??... Are u suggesting that none of the engineers on ground knew something was fishy with the hydraulic system of the plane prior to flight??... Maybe this incident might have been a 'sudden fault' case but are u suggesting that all other airplanes that crashed in Nigeria developed 'sudden faults' mid air.

U say no airline enjoys loosing their planes but do u know the financial implication of an airline cancelling a flight?? Have u ever considered that some corrupt/reckless airline management would rather gamble with the lives of their passengers than lose millions to a grounded flight??.. or is this evil concept new to u as a Nigerian??

Now u finally say airlines are to be blamed and not the aviation regulatory authorities but are u aware that the engineers who certify these planes as fit-for-flight are not of the airlines but rather from the government (NCAA)?? ... Do you honestly think those NCAA engineers are so incompetent that they don't know when a plane is faulty and when its ok??.. Do u know its the same Nigerian NCAA engineers that also check and certify foreign (international) airlines also when they land in Nigeria.... Have u ever asked urself why it's only the Nigerian planes they certify as fit that develop 'sudden fault' mid air very often??

The logic is simple, NCAA certifies a plane as UNFIT, airline management pays a bribe to NCAA and the plane suddenly becomes FIT. I dont think the NCAA is totally independent of the aviation ministry so please if u can also use ur head to think, u will understand why I blame the ministry of aviation for not carrying out its oversight functions.

Thank you for helping me out here. So many are very ignorant and still comment out of ignorance, just like the minister herself. They forget the Minister (Stella) can over rule NCAA's submission too for some...egunje/bribe. It happens all the time! These are things we know and have seen and touched!!!!! The engineers are good but corruption is reigning and our planes are falling. If NCAA is at fault, then the Ministry should rise up to its duty of punishing the faulty. Can they do it? NO. Their hands are equally not clean so faults become AN ACT OF GOD.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 14, 2013
I need waybill for two healthy camels,male and female please.call 08033553355,let's talk business.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by penny01502: 8:38am On Oct 14, 2013
I thank the almighty God for the surviving souls
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by dbride: 8:39am On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=eddiebruk]

Take it easy on yourself bro, the flight developed that hydraulic fault all of a sudden, just as a normal car brake might develop fault all of a sudden without warning, and there is no way the Pilot would have tried to rectify such fault without landing, except you want them to continue flying around hoping that the Tyres will eventually come out, Stella isnt the reason why such things happen, because if you use your head to think, you will understand that the same plane used those same tyres on the runway before it tookoff, so please try to understand that sudden mechanical faults shouldn't be related to the Aviation sector (Although the Aviation sector should check on things like these to verify a healthy flight, but this looks like a sudden fault), rather the Airlines should be blamed, if you ask me, i don't think there is any Airline that enjoys loosing their flights to casualties just as a country wouldn't want to loose her citizens to casualties. [/quote

Do you also believe that your car can develop fault SUDDENLY because you ignored simple REGULAR routine maintenance?
Investigate and you will discover that our planes ALWAYS delay or forgo those routine A,B,C,D checks each after they have flown for a specific number of hours. Why, because the checks are expensive (checks done abroad) and more money must be made, the plane gradually develops faults usually not seen on the surface. They of course misbehave suddenly!

Oh yes, NCAA is guilty but can Stella fight or check them? IT IS HER DUTY TO CHECK NCAA. No, her hands are not clean either! Go ask Stella if she has never accepted money from any airline operator to delay checks? You defend her so you must be close, lawyers are close with their clients. When you are equally guilty, you turn the blame to God to save face. Eddiebruk, you don't want to know what goes on there, ministry of aviation stinks of corruption and trickles down to the agencies especially NCAA. One day the whole truth will come out.

To your last paragraph, I ask: why do people break the law when they know there is a severe penalty? Enough said. Good day.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by aigbeedo(m): 8:41am On Oct 14, 2013
israel007:
, slow down.

Secondly, I said she's in trouble because the likes of ffk would come and bant her and the senate is already on her case. So yes, this adds to it.
i knw she is being investigated bt. ds she has d power 2 stop 2 foolish pilot 2 ignr error pc warning, argue & crash land demselvs & die. or mk d tire cm out of d airplane b4 landin, haba she b witch. evrdy & senate need 2undstnd dis.
Re: IRS Airline Plane Crash-Lands In Kaduna by hikmoj(m): 8:44am On Oct 14, 2013
daclint: everytime plane plane plane, e be like say na to dey trek better pass dis days ooo, even if say we wan go yankee, na by trekking when we get to Red sea na to Call Moses Number
u talk wel&ur brain sharp wel wel even sharp past sword because na dis trek trek our 4 4 4 fathers dey take do dia jony. make everybdy dey bring suggestion na him go solve our problem but if e reach d point where we wan cal mose may b ntwrk fit get problem 4 heaven &we no go fit talk 2 oga Mose.my suggestion b say as industrial strike 2many &e no solve anytin &if we do hunger strike our govt go take us laugh dem go even pray say make we die because dem dey heartless me suggest make we strike go airport make we do STOWAWAY strike any plane wey wan comot at least 3persons go stow wit am.but no b me go start am oo i fit b una comanda i go dey cal name 4 regista who &who e reach make e go stow.
Abi wetin una feel? make everybdy dey bring suggestion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Checkout The Final Outlook of Lagos, Ibadan and Abeokuta / The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State / Ikeja BRT Bus Terminal Dismantled, 7 Months After (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.