Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41631 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 31, 2013
adsonstone:

No, his first epistle was to them and other churches.

Now, pick up your kjv version of the bible and lets run through some things to clear this issue.

Note who preached in Galatia in Acts 15:40 and read through till Acts 16:7 and also note that they did preach in Bithynia.
Now study the Letter of Peter, in verse 1, he regarded them strangers (Because he did not bring the gospel to them.) (though he affirmed they are saved).
Study verse 12 of that epistle, it shows he did not preach to them. He mentioned 'them that have preached the gospel unto you.'
when you study that epistle, you'll discover that the epistle was urging them to continue in what has been preached to them and teaching them some other things.

The question is not who first preached to them.peter preached to the galatians even though he might not been the first to preach the goodnews to them.Likewise Paul preached to the romans even though he was not the first to preach the gospel to them.The koko of the matter is that the churches of Rome,galatia,etc were not differant denominations but rather differant branchers of the same church where Peter and Paul served as pastors shikena.Peter,Paul and the other apostles did not open up differant churches but rather opened up branches of the same church in diverse locations.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 31, 2013
adsonstone:
Yes, it is.
Why? It teaches what they taught in their epistles and refers to the books of the prophets just as they also did.

Fafafaaa fowlllll.deeper life bible church is not in communion with the original church.You are a pathetic liar
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 7:28am On Oct 31, 2013
italo:
Paul never founded any Church. There's only one Church. The one that met in a council in Acts 15.

When that Church spoke, it was binding on all in Jerusalem, Rome, Galatia, everywhere.

Your Kumuyi and his personal "church" are outside of that Church.
That means the catholic church that was built down my street last year is also outside that church, right?

italo:
There's no anarchy within the Catholic Church. We canonized 73 books in the 4th century. You call that "final authority." Martin Luther removed 7 books, Kumuyi calls that "final authority."

You and Kumuyi are confusing yourselves and God's children.
The septuagint compiled more books than you have for the ot. You removed some and setteled with the rest, called that 'authoritative'
Luther removed those books cos he considered them deuterocanonical (not part of the hebrew bible). You removed some deuteurocanonicals (not all) and considered them apocrypha. The othodox accepts all
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 31, 2013
nnagozie: Every church MUST have an AUTHORITY, Jesus founded his church and When he left someone took over as LEADER/HEAD, Please can we be told where that CHURCH/AUTHORITY/LEADERSHIP is as of today? Or did the Church/Leadership founded by Jesus non existent anymore?

So who is the head of your church now? Pope Francis?

well, the head of my own is Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 7:30am On Oct 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

Fafafaaa fowlllll.deeper life bible church is not in communion with the original church.You are a pathetic liar
Bro, go and rest, you havd nothing else to say.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 7:34am On Oct 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

The question is not who first preached to them.peter preached to the galatians even though he might not been the first to preach the goodnews to them.Likewise Paul preached to the romans even though he was not the first to preach the gospel to them.The koko of the matter is that the churches of Rome,galatia,etc were not differant denominations but rather differant branchers of the same church where Peter and Paul served as pastors shikena.Peter,Paul and the other apostles did not open up differant churches but rather opened up branches of the same church in diverse locations.
strongly agree.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 31, 2013
adsonstone:

Bros stop lying and give your life to christ.First you claimed deeper life was part of the church that compiled the bible only for you to be disgraced by canon 22 of the church council that compiled the bible.Now you are now part of the original churches of galatia and rome.I wonder which lie you will spew next.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:38am On Oct 31, 2013
adsonstone:
strongly agree.

So how come Kumuyi and his fellow protestants have gone ahead to form new denominations
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 8:32am On Oct 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

Bros stop lying and give your life to christ.First you claimed deeper life was part of the church that compiled the bible only for you to be disgraced by canon 22 of the church council that compiled the bible.Now you are now part of the original churches of galatia and rome.I wonder which lie you will spew next.
Bro, stop laying false allegations against me and dont twist what I said...it makes you a liar! I never said Deeper Life was part of the church that compiled the bible. I said deeper life is part of the christian church Christ found.....by the reason of what the church teaches....exactly in line with what Christ and the apostles taught in the scriptures.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 8:38am On Oct 31, 2013
chukwudi44:

So how come Kumuyi and his fellow protestants have gone ahead to form new denominations
even from the scriptures, we know that some will fall away cos not all 'christians' will make it.

If there be any denomination that teaches contrary to the scriptures, it has deviated from the true church therefore, no longer part of the church.

Deeper life teaches in line and if theres any contrary thing you find, highlight them and lets review them.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by nnagozie(m): 9:24am On Oct 31, 2013
JMAN05:

So who is the head of your church now? Pope Francis?

well, the head of my own is Jesus Christ.
Oga that doesn't answer my question, by the way what's the name of your church? Your church has a LEADER/HEAD abi? Or is there no HEAD/LEADER in yours? And I didn't Mention I was Catholic and why did you call the head of my church POPE FRANCIS?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:09am On Oct 31, 2013
adsonstone:

Tradition Jesus taught; The Eucharist, we follow that.

Other traditions contrary to scripture, we Ignore. Two opposing things cant be correct and God is never the author of confusion
You clearly adhere to only the tradition handed down by letter.

The Holy Spirit says otherwise.

He says hold fast to the ORAL traditions handed down from the apostles to their successors. He also tells those successors to hand it to their own successors.

Your Kumuyi is ignorant of this oral tradition because he Is not a part of this apostolic succession of Jesus' Church.

You are even more knowledgeable than him. You know that the Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church in the 4th century with 73 books. He is ignorant or hypocritical about that.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:23am On Oct 31, 2013
Arrogant and obstinate ignoramus!

Martin Luther removed 7 books to make his own 66.

He tried removing the book of James too because it proves your protestant doctrine of "faith alone" a lie.

adsonstone:

I stated exactly what I know, those books were compiled before Luther was born right?
There was no debate on those 66 books.

Martin Luther disputed them right?
Did he try to remove them? Yes (in the 16th century)
Could he remove them? No. (He doesnt even have the right to remove them)

I have those books in my bible, do you have them in yours? (I guess yes).
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:43am On Oct 31, 2013
You are the one who declares that it teaches what scripture teaches. But it doesnt.

You make yourself the final authority. Where does scripture say "Kumuyi and adsonstone are the final authority on scriptural interpretation?"

adsonstone:
Yes, it is.
Why? It teaches what they taught in their epistles and refers to the books of the prophets just as they also did.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 10:53am On Oct 31, 2013
adsonstone:
That means the catholic church that was built down my street last year is also outside that church, right?
No. Because one businessman named Kumuyi did not just wake up and start build on his own authority. It was built by men under the authority of the Catholic Church world-wide.
adsonstone:
The septuagint compiled more books than you have for the ot. You removed some and setteled with the rest, called that 'authoritative'
Luther removed those books cos he considered them deuterocanonical (not part of the hebrew bible). You removed some deuteurocanonicals (not all) and considered them apocrypha. The othodox accepts all
Isnt it you that admitted that the Bible was compiled in the 4th century by the Church on Rome? That book had 73 books.

Kumuyi says the Bible has 66 books. Both of you are anarchists.

Pope Francis & I agree: 73 books.

Kumuyi and you? Workers of lawlessness.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:01am On Oct 31, 2013
Where in the Bible did God make you the authentic interpreter of scripture for the whole world?

Which scriptures are you talking about? Your 73-book Bible which you got from "the Church in Rome (probably Catholic)" or Kumuyi's 66-book "bible" which he got from Martin Luther?

adsonstone:
even from the scriptures, we know that some will fall away cos not all 'christians' will make it.

If there be any denomination that teaches contrary to the scriptures, it has deviated from the true church therefore, no longer part of the church.

Deeper life teaches in line and if theres any contrary thing you find, highlight them and lets review them.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:04am On Oct 31, 2013
It is you who has nothing to say. You who cannot even decide what the Bible is.

adsonstone:
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 11:29am On Oct 31, 2013
italo:
No. Because one businessman named Kumuyi did not just wake up and start build on his own authority. It was built by men under the authority of the Catholic Church world-wide.

Isnt it you that admitted that the Bible was compiled in the 4th century by the Church on Rome? That book had 73 books.

Kumuyi says the Bible has 66 books. Both of you are anarchists.

Pope Francis & I agree: 73 books.

Kumuyi and you? Workers of lawlessness.

@Italo

pls leave dis dude, there is nothing u wil tell him dat wil make him blv the truth for he has already made up his mind not to accept the truth.(even when its obvious)

argue with him from now till 2moro, it wil neva arrive at a compromise
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:44am On Oct 31, 2013
I kukuma know. It's just the temptation.

I think I'll take your advice.

woky: @Italo

pls leave dis dude, their is nothing u wil tell him dat wil make him blv the truth for he has already made up his mind not to accept the truth.(even when its obvious)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 11:58am On Oct 31, 2013
italo: I kukuma know. It's just the temptation.

I think I'll take your advice.

GOOD!
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by asco15(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2013
italo:

How do you know he has been beclouded and is not good in Catholic Church? Are you the Lord?
Becos i have practised some of them and they only thought me self righteousness and not the righteousnes by the holy spirit, dats why i cudn't ovacum some bondages and obstacles no matter my novenas, masses etc.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 12:49pm On Oct 31, 2013
I am a practising Catholic and I am experiencing the work and fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Why are you saying that this cant happen?

Are you the custodian of the Holy Spirit?

asco15:
Becos i have practised some of them and they only thought me self righteousness and not the righteousnes by the holy spirit, dats why i cudn't ovacum some bondages and obstacles no matter my novenas, masses etc.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
italo:
You clearly adhere to only the tradition handed down by letter.

The Holy Spirit says otherwise.

He says hold fast to the ORAL traditions handed down from the apostles to their successors. He also tells those successors to hand it to their own successors.

Your Kumuyi is ignorant of this oral tradition because he Is not a part of this apostolic succession of Jesus' Church.

You are even more knowledgeable than him. You know that the Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church in the 4th century with 73 books. He is ignorant or hypocritical about that.
is ur miserable pope wu is teaching heresy nt ignorant? Compile d bible my foot. Rubbish.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:37pm On Oct 31, 2013
woky: @Italo

pls leave dis dude, their is nothing u wil tell him dat wil make him blv the truth for he has already made up his mind not to accept the truth.(even when its obvious)

all u hv been saying is lie, lie and lie.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:42pm On Oct 31, 2013
italo: Where in the Bible did God make you the authentic interpreter of scripture for the whole world?

Which scriptures are you talking about? Your 73-book Bible which you got from "the Church in Rome (probably Catholic)" or Kumuyi's 66-book "bible" which he got from Martin Luther?

everyone knows dat catholic is nt a true church. Stop deceiving people. I repeat, stop deceiving people. It wont take u anywhere.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Syncan(m): 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
^^^here comes the clown.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2013
Can someone forward this to the Uruguayan Government? So they'll think twice about legalizing Marijuana.

Ukuts gp: all u hv been saying is lie, lie and lie.
Ukuts gp: everyone knows dat catholic is nt a true church. Stop deceiving people. I repeat, stop deceiving people. It wont take u anywhere.
Ukuts gp: is ur miserable pope wu is teaching heresy nt ignorant? Compile d bible my foot. Rubbish.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by asco15(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2013
italo: I am a practising Catholic and I am experiencing the work and fruits of the Holy Spirit.

Why are you saying that this cant happen?

Are you the custodian of the Holy Spirit?

The bible says that by their fruits you shall know them. what i see and observed in the cath ch shows lack of the spirit of God in the members.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 2:24pm On Oct 31, 2013
adsonstone:
Nice write up, its just like a fine piece of short story.

....but all I've seen displayed in it is criticism of a church, I'm not suprised anyway, all churches have critics even the Catholic and Othodox churches.

And that's what you could say? grin after calling catholic teaching paganism?

adsonstone:

Regarding the bold, I never heard about any man who told his followers to 'self-service freely' as you quoted above.

Oh yeah?

adsonstone:

By the way, you mentioned 'the mother church', now, how many mother churches do we have because the orthodox church also claim to be the 'mother church' and the 'one true church' Christ found.

cheesy Even satan quoted scriptures in trying to tempt God (if only you understand what I mean).
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 2:28pm On Oct 31, 2013
asco15:
The bible says that by their fruits you shall know them. what i see and observed in the cath ch shows lack of the spirit of God in the members.

Exactly!!! This first is pure deeper life attitude.. Mr asco 15 is now God the ultimate judge.

Have you heard the word "theoria" and how it concerns theology in the early church?

Your problem is that you don't even read.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
If any catholic member can answer this, i wud rest my case. The question is, did anybody in the bible ever ask mary to pray for him or her? Waiting 4 ur answer.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2013
Ukuts gp: If any catholic member can answer this, i wud rest my case. The question is, did anybody in the bible ever ask mary to pray for him or her? Waiting 4 ur answer.

Did anybody in the bible ever ask #olodo ukuts gp to wear trousers?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Clergyman Kneels Down To Beg FRSC Officials (Video) / Pope Benedict XVI Buried In Vatican Tomb After Funeral Led By Pope Francis / Native Doctor Appeases gods With Orange Juice, Biscuits And Other Items. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.