Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41628 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 8:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
asco15:

no b me talk am o! Na d bible wey una compile talk am. The person dat has d spirit of God can't go on committing sin like drunkenness, idolatory, immoral dressing etc as i observed in d cath ch.

Christ has this to say to you asco 15:

Matthew 7:3-5

New International Version (NIV)

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5  YOU HYPOCRITE , first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 02, 2013
woky: you have already don what you ask me not to "by reading their discussion with bias". Now re-read it again without bias and come and tell me what you observe..

hahahaha, you are funny guy.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 10:29am On Nov 02, 2013
JMAN05:

hahahaha, you are funny guy.
Abii
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 12:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
Asco15 has dissappeared.

He is ashamed to mention the sins of his "holy" church members...

...and he cannot say they are sinless.

Another one bites the dust! smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by asco15(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2013
italo: Asco15 has dissappeared.

He is ashamed to mention the sins of his "holy" church members...

...and he cannot say they are sinless.

Another one bites the dust! smiley
i knw my sins and d sins committed by d cath ch, and dats y i left to where i cn't continue in dose sins because dey preach against it.
there are tins dat r so glaring. Nt dat my ch is sinless but d ch keep preaching against all forms of unrighteousness and d member who sin r nt true followers of d ch preaching.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:35am On Nov 03, 2013
asco15:
i knw my sins and d sins committed by d cath ch, and dats y i left to where i cn't continue in dose sins because dey preach against it.
there are tins dat r so glaring. Nt dat my ch is sinless but d ch keep preaching against all forms of unrighteousness and d member who sin r nt true followers of d ch preaching.

Do they preach against apron worship in your church?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:15am On Nov 03, 2013
italo:

nobody worship apron. U are just bias.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2013
asco15:

Accuser of the brethren

Luke 18:11 CEB

Common English Bible

The Pharisee stood and prayed about himself with these words, ‘God, I thank you that I'm not like everyone else—crooks, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ukuts gp: nobody worship apron. U are just bias.

Why should I believe you?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2013
try69:

Accuser of the brethren

Common English Bible

The Pharisee stood and prayed about himself with these words, ‘God, I thank you that I'm not like everyone else—crooks, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector

And who went home justified?

The "sinner!"
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by asco15(m): 4:01pm On Nov 03, 2013
italo:

why sud they wen they dn't worship it but use it 4 advertising 'Jesus is Lord' written on it.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by asco15(m): 4:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
try69:

Accuser of the brethren

Common English Bible

Tnk God i dn't compare myself with anybody wen praying.
Preaching against unrighteousness is nt Judging or condemnation but 2 show love 4 dat person soul.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
asco15:
Tnk God i dn't compare myself with anybody wen praying.
Preaching against unrighteousness is nt Judging or condemnation but 2 show love 4 dat person soul.

oga please tell us the unrighteousness that the catholic church does not preach against or stop this spite?

And please see this:

Matthew 9:13.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

The Pharisees had never learned the meaning of this passage, which teaches that kind hearts and helpful deeds are more pleasing to God than outward ceremonial. Sacrifice is right, but mercy is first in importance. I am not come to call the righteous, etc. My mission in the world is to save sinners.

Most of these places you go to practise exactly what the pharisees did in bible times.. They know sinners from righteous people by mere sights grin grin and some would not associate with the people they judge as sinners.

Oga can you see now, that you are a 21st century pharisee? cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2013
Catholic brothers, can you pls, stop haunting asco15? He has already been set free.
Observing your conversation with him, it seem you're trying to force him to say words you wanna hear so you'll speak against him and thats why you ask cunning qstns.
Well, God has freed him and he's forever free.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by asco15(m): 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2013
adsonstone: Catholic brothers, can you pls, stop haunting asco15? He has already been set free.
Observing your conversation with him, it seem you're trying to force him to say words you wanna hear so you'll speak against him and thats why you ask cunning qstns.
Tnk u. They 4got Jn.8:36. Am even beginin 2 sin by debating spiritual matters in a canal conv. I rest my case.
Italo u r own ur own and so i am 2. Ezek.18:20.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:13am On Nov 04, 2013
asco15:
why sud they wen they dn't worship it but use it 4 advertising 'Jesus is Lord' written on it.

Why should I believe that you dont worship your aprons simply because "Jesus is Lord" is written on it?

Can't you worship something on which Jesus is written?

Why do you expect others to take your word on whom you worship but you refuse to take their word on whom they worship?

You insist on imposing whom or what you think they worship and what they practise on them...but you dont allow them impose their own thoughts on you.

Are you their God?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:20am On Nov 04, 2013
asco15:
Tnk u. They 4got Jn.8:36. Am even beginin 2 sin by debating spiritual matters in a canal conv. I rest my case.
Italo u r own ur own and so i am 2. Ezek.18:20.

Oh! So you still sin?

I thought those of you that have the Holy Spirit that you say Catholics lack that makes them sin...shouldn't sin.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 8:27am On Nov 04, 2013
One hypocrite - the enemy of truth - says it is the "Catholic brothers" that are haunting asco15. Even though he knows that it was asco 15 who first started attacking Catholicism...and continues to do so. He knows that asco15 has been accusing us of all sorts, even going as far as saying we worship the god samiramis.

It just tells you the kind of people we are dealing with.

People who will see white...and call it black in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
adsonstone: Catholic brothers, can you pls, stop haunting asco15? He has already been set free.

:O
Can you see that you are just biased? Smh

The problem I have with some you deeper life people is your judgemental attitude, naming people sinners and castigating or isolating from them exactly as the pharisees did. Kumuyi's daughter did her wedding, your people nearly killed her with your holy tongue for ridiculous reasons.

I remember a deeper life pastor that decline to conduct a wedding just because the groom laughed before they were joined and touched the bride grin and some refusing to wed some couple because the lady was pregnant cheesy see, you don't condemn the sinner but the sin. Now a lady that wants to avoid not declined wedding will if pregnant, abort it (taking life) so that peace reigns.

I hate attacking people's belief system as it suits them but when you feel you know too much, I'd teach you the truth as revealed and continuosly being revealed in the mother church your fathers in protestianism choose to delve from that has caused more divide amongst them while the mother church still remains ONE, CATHOLIC and APOSTOLIC.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 11:56pm On Nov 04, 2013
Sincerely speaking, when asco15 came on this thread, he testified that he was set free from the catholic church and he urged catholic brothers to 'see and embrace light' and now, Italo has tagged that 'attacking the Catholic church'. He sees asco15's accusation of samiramis' worship but doesnt see his (what level of hypocrisy). Now, He has mentioned 'an enemy of truth' -the truth we all know that he has said only half-baked truths on this thread and expects us to believe--how hypocritic!
SMH for those who have ignored the whole truth and see/say only the ones that favours them. What a pity!
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 12:19am On Nov 05, 2013
adsonstone: Sincerely speaking, when asco15 came on this thread, he testified that he was set free from the catholic church and he urged catholic brothers to 'see and embrace light' and now, Italo has tagged that 'attacking the Catholic church'. He sees asco15's accusation of samiramis' worship but doesnt see his (what level of hypocrisy). Now, He has mentioned 'an enemy of truth' -the truth we all know that he has said only half-baked truths on this thread and expects us to believe--how hypocritic!
SMH for those who have ignored the whole truth and see/say only the ones that favours them. What a pity!

What is the truth?

Where is the truth?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 12:37am On Nov 05, 2013
try69:

What is the truth?

Where is the truth?

can you please tell me the complete history of the whole bible? That's where we can find reliable truth.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 12:40am On Nov 05, 2013
adsonstone:

can you please tell me the complete history of the whole bible? That's where we can find reliable truth.

I don't know that why I have asked you great teacher.. School me pls

And please how do you know the bible is the truth?

And who gave you the bible?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 2:37am On Nov 05, 2013
asco15:
You honor her by making her images, bowing down to her images, kissing and hugging her images, offering novenas to her, dedicating the month of May nd Oct. 2 her, by praying 200 hail mary (20 decades) to her daily and by wearing her images in form of chaplets, medals and scapula on ur body, and u claimed to be honoring her. U gave her all titles in ur various litanies and sing her songs daily and u call all dat honor?
By words u may be honoring her but by actions u r worshiping her. What different are u with wat is written in Jer.44:17-19, Rom.1:23,25.
Why practise wat d bible condems in Ex.20:4-7, Deut.5:7-9, etc. The roman catholic church has been hijacked by d roman god samiramis aka queen of heaven.
Run 4 ur life as i did.

I challenge the enemy of truth who accused Catholics of "haunting" asco15 to provide a quote by any Catholic that "haunted" or attacked asco15 before this attack of his on this thread.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 2:40am On Nov 05, 2013
try69:

I don't know that why I have asked you great teacher.. School me pls

And please how do you know the bible is the truth?

And who gave you the bible?

I think i should break it down (the bible) into the scriptures and other epistles to answer the questions....
The scriptures are given by the prophets and other Inspired men and the epistles are given by the apostles.

How do I know it is the truth?
In itself, it writers present it as the truth moreover, overtime, technology, archeology, science and even people have confirmed it to be true and thats how I know.

Does that answer and educate you?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 4:11am On Nov 05, 2013
@ try69,

Let me advice you: that guy will not admit even the glaring truths you'll present him.

You'll just be wasting your time.

That's someone that says "The Church in Rome (probably Catholic) compiled the Bible in the 4th century.

That's some who insists that men like St. Jerome weren't Catholic despite all the evidence in their writings and works that the were.

That is someone who claims he and his Deeper Life Church are infallible and they see the Bible as the final authority yet they cannot agree on what the Bible is.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by try69: 6:16am On Nov 05, 2013
italo: @ try69,

Let me advice you: that guy will not admit even the glaring truths you'll present him.

That's someone that says "The Church in Rome (probably Catholic) compiled the Bible in the 4th century.

That's some who insists that men like St. Jerome weren't Catholic despite all the evidence in their writings and works that the were.

That is someone who claims he and his Deeper Life Church are infallible and they see the Bible as the final authority yet they cannot agree on what the Bible is.

Very true
I have seen those from previous posts..I would heed to your advice and let him
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by adsonstone: 10:14pm On Nov 05, 2013
italo: @ try69,

Why has it become so easy to say these lies against me...
You cant admit your own wrong (you dont even see it) yet, you keep seeing others who dont agree with you as 'wrong'.

I never claimed we are infalible (on our own), I claimed we are infailible with the Holy Spirit's guidance.
You said you (the catholic church) compiled 73 books for the bible (after removing deuterocanonical books you considered apocrypha) and you want everyone to follow what you compiled cos you feel thats right. You said myself and Kumuyi cannot agree on what the bible is (of course, we both agree on 66 books of the bible that does not contain all the deuterocanonicals including the ones you accepted and rejected-considering them apocryphal).

Regarding the bold,
I never insited they were not catholics after Chukwudi44 labelled two catholics out of about five church fathers I listed.
The same Jerome you claim is a catholic, is the same the orthodox claim he is (he even spoke against the said books you mentioned the catholic compiled).

If I may ask, why are you hypocritical on these issues?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 06, 2013
[/quote ]Chukwudi44 labelled two catholics out of about five church fathers I listed.
The same Jerome you claim is a catholic, is the same the orthodox claim he is (he even spoke against the said books you mentioned the catholic compiled) [quote]

Bros I did not just label two.all the people you listed were catholics.That Jerome opposed the deuternocanons does not make him protestant or orthodox as both forms of christianity did not even exist during his life time.Jerome lived during the period of development of canon and so many other people disgreed about the authenticity of not just those 7 books but several other books in the bible.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2013
adsonstone:

You cant admit your own wrong (you dont even see it) yet, you keep seeing others who dont agree with you as 'wrong'.

I never claimed we are infalible (on our own), I claimed we are infailible with the Holy Spirit's guidance.
You said you (the catholic church) compiled 73 books for the bible (after removing deuterocanonical books you considered apocrypha) and you want everyone to follow what you compiled cos you feel thats right. You said myself and Kumuyi cannot agree on what the bible is (of course, we both agree on 66 books of the bible that does not contain all the deuterocanonicals including the ones you accepted and rejected-considering them apocryphal).

Regarding the bold,
I never insited they were not catholics after Chukwudi44 labelled two catholics out of about five church fathers I listed.
The same Jerome you claim is a catholic, is the same the orthodox claim he is (he even spoke against the said books you mentioned the catholic compiled).

I have observed that. he likes making accusations when you never said such things to anoy u i guess when he has no point.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 06, 2013
adsonstone:

Regarding the bold,

I have observed that. he likes making accusations when you never said such things to anoy u i guess when he has no point.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:58am On Nov 06, 2013
italo:

Why should I believe that you dont worship your aprons simply because "Jesus is Lord" is written on it?

Can't you worship something on which Jesus is written?

Why do you expect others to take your word on whom you worship but you refuse to take their word on whom they worship?

You insist on imposing whom or what you think they worship and what they practise on them...but you dont allow them impose their own thoughts on you.

Are you their God?
we dnt pray to apron and bow down to it ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park / Reverend Father Visits Fulani Herdsmen While Grazing / Clergyman Kneels Down To Beg FRSC Officials (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.