Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? (41609 Views)

Catholicism Doctrines And Its Biblical Root(debunking An Argument) / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines? Are We Not Heading Towards One Heaven? / Why Do Churches Pay Their Instrumentalists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 6:54am On Oct 16, 2013
There is nothing about the questions posed to Ukuts to scare a Christian or that is advantageous to the Roman Catholic Church.

It was Not the Roman Catholic Church that named the Bible as the Bible. wink

It was Not the Roman Catholic Church that said that the gospel of Mark is inspired and the Acts of Peter is not. wink

There is nowhere in the Bible that God asked anyone to pray to or through Mary. If some people want to 'Daily Daily sing to Mary, sing her praises due' then that is their problem. cheesy

smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp..you don buy argument with our catholic bros..dem.Thread softly softly.. cheesy
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 6:56am On Oct 16, 2013
Sal C: You have started again! Did my brother Peteregwu invite Chukwudi44 personally
YES! and i will wnt chukwudi to attend d crusade.. U ar also invited
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 7:04am On Oct 16, 2013
Also if people say because churches (NOT "religious institutions", NOT "ecclessial communities" or any such nonsensical Roman Catholic construct), that because churches have different "doctrines" they cannot be the Church or part of the Church, then the same thing can be said of the Roman Catholic denomination or organisation.

The Roman Catholic denomination or organisation clearly has doctrines that are not only contrary to the Bible but are even anti-Christ e.g. its doctrine that no one can be saved unless s/he submits to the Roman Catholic "pope". That particular doctrine is even more idiotic when we know that some of the Roman Catholic "popes" were not even Christians at all, some were never ordained as priest before they were made "pope", some were buying and selling the "pope" thing, some turned the "pope" palace and kingdom into a den of whoredom and debauchery.

These are the people claiming to be the "only Church". Yeah right! Utter nonsense. wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by SalC: 7:13am On Oct 16, 2013
woky: YES! and i will wnt chukwudi to attend d crusade.. U ar also invited
Ok.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2013
Pls remind me the question again. Thanks
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2013
Enigma: Also if people say because churches (NOT "religious institutions", NOT "ecclessial communities" or any such nonsensical Roman Catholic construct), that because churches have different "doctrines" they cannot be the Church or part of the Church, then the same thing can be said of the Roman Catholic denomination or organisation.

The Roman Catholic denomination or organisation clearly has doctrines that are not only contrary to the Bible but are even anti-Christ e.g. its doctrine that no one can be saved unless s/he submits to the Roman Catholic "pope". That particular doctrine is even more idiotic when we know that some of the Roman Catholic "popes" were not even Christians at all, some were never ordained as priest before they were made "pope", some were buying and selling the "pope" thing, some turned the "pope" palace and kingdom into a den of whoredom and debauchery.

These are the people claiming to be the "only Church". Yeah right! Utter nonsense. wink

smiley
It is only those that are ignorant of the bible's teaching that will swallow their doctrines hook, line and sinker.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:37am On Oct 16, 2013
I am not ready to argue with anybody but i am ready to teach those who will open their heart to acquire biblical elucidation that will emancipate them.
from weird doctrine

my bible is already handy.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Pls remind me the question again. Thanks

Ok here there are

Okay so when and where did God ever mention "Bible" in the Bible?

When and where did God say that the book of Mark is inspired and the Acts of Peter is not?

Where did God ever say "dont pray through Mary?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 16, 2013
woky: i can bet wit my last card that he won't/cnt answer those questions
ehhhh.. chukwudi no 4gt peterugwu's invitation o because his hopin to see u dia

Sorry I can't stand the stench of Peter Ugwu's poo
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 8:05am On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: It is only those that are ignorant of the bible's teaching that will swallow their doctrines hook, line and sinker.

Don't mind them! In terms of "doctrine" (and aside from tithe frauds and WoF people) the Roman Catholic denomination or organisation or "church" is the most fraudulent manipulator of the Bible for its own selfish and even diabolical aggrandisement.

Oh and by the way, for the benefit of the ignorant, the word Bible can be found in the Bible --- by those who know where to look and what to look for.

And if anyone wants to know who gave the name 'the Bible' to the Bible, see here https://www.nairaland.com/1254965/eastern-orthodox-church-orthodox-catholic

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:03am On Oct 16, 2013
The bible said that all scripture are given by the inspiration of God. 2 timothy 3:16. It didn't say by the inspiration of the catholics and mind you, it is not Acts of peters but Acts of the apostles.

Pertaining the issue of mary read this and get understanding.

JOHN 14:13-14.
And whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will i do, that the father may be glorified in the son.
14. If you shall ask anything in my name, i will do it.

JOHN 14:6
Jesus says to him, i am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the father, but by me.

ACTS 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

HEBREWS 12:24.
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.

1 TIMOTHY 2:5
For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the man christ Jesus.

Did u see mary in the picture in the scriptures given above? U can see that they all point to Jesus. Read philipian 2:8-10 yourselve. If u want more scriptures, ask and it shall be given you cos i have thousands of them to give if u can accommodate them.
By the way, where did God says that we should pray through mary. Calling her name in prayer. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:05am On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: The bible said that all scripture are given by the inspiration of God. 2 timothy 3:16. It didn't say by the inspiration of the catholics and mind you, it is not Acts of peters but Acts of the apostles.

"All scripture," not "the Bible."

When Paul wrote that, he was talking about the Old Testament. A book like Revelation wasnt even in existence then. So who told you that it is scripture?

Where does the Bible mention which books in the NT are scriptures and which ones arent?

Also, you need to read about Acts of Peter, Gospel of Barnabas and many other 'scriptures' that were available at the time the Bible was compiled.

Who decided that these books shouldn't be in the Bible?

Ukuts gp:

Pertaining the issue of mary read this and get understanding.

JOHN 14:13-14.
And whatsoever you shall ask in my name, that will i do, that the father may be glorified in the son.
14. If you shall ask anything in my name, i will do it.

JOHN 14:6
Jesus says to him, i am the way, the truth, and the life. No man comes to the father, but by me.

ACTS 4:12
Neither is there salvation in any other. For there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved.

HEBREWS 12:24.
And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaks better things than that of Abel.

1 TIMOTHY 2:5
For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the man christ Jesus.

Did u see mary in the picture in the scriptures given above? U can see that they all point to Jesus. Read philipian 2:8-10 yourselve. If u want more scriptures, ask and it shall be given you cos i have thousands of them to give if u can accommodate them.
By the way, where did God says that we should pray through mary. Calling her name in prayer. Thanks

I dont want thousands. I only want ONE that say "we should not pray through Mary."

...and none of these verses say that.

If you say we must not pray through Mary, you are the one inventing a doctrine.

Why do you believe that asking another person to pray for you to Jesus means you are side-stepping Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 11:10am On Oct 16, 2013
@ Ukuts gp, more questions you avoided earlier.

italo:

But your 1 billion "denominations" use the same Bible which speaks for itself.

Why are they still in total confusion?

Is the Bible the pillar and foundation of truth or is it the Church?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 11:45am On Oct 16, 2013
The place where you will find "God say" that people should not pray to or through Mary is the same place where you will find the lines bolded in red below tongue

(From the Roman Catholic song 'Daily Daily Sing to Mary')

Advocate and loving mother,
Mediatrix of all grace:
Heaven's blessings she dispenses

On our sinful human race.

All our graces flow through Mary;
All then join her praise to sing:
Fairest work of all creation,
Mother of creation's King.

Meanwhile as for the Bible, Christians today are happy that other Christians who were mostly NOT Roman Catholics helped them to decide since as early as the end of the First century AD what books to regard as included in the Bible or collection whether even as part of the main canon or as just useful for reading.

1500 years later, the Roman Catholics too decided on their Bible ---- that one is their own business. wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
@ Ukuts gp, more questions for you which you pretended not to see before..

Thanks for offering to enlighten me. God bless you.
italo:

No, it isnt. And it doesn't see itself as one. There is nothing like "denominations" i te ONE Church of Christ. "Denominations" is a tag fabricated by men to glorify their personal places of worship.

If you doubt, tell me when the word "denomination" was first used, by who, and what did it mean?

So you mean you know that your 1 billion "churches" aren't teaching the doctrine of Christ?!

They must be teaching that of the devil then. Hasnt the gate of hell prevailed against them then?

As a Christian, please answer my questions honestly for the good of your soul.

I love you. God love you.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2013
The Church of Christ aka the Christian Church is one. It does not know denominations, whether it is the Roman Catholic denomination or organisation or "church" or whether it is Cutlass Sharp Sharp Ministry. They are all just denominations and things of human making.

The Christian Church consists of all Christians irrespective of which ever denomination in which they can be found.

Members of the Church in Corinth were not members of the Church in Thessalonica or Church in Ephesus or Church in Rome (based on the epistles in the Christian Bible); yet they were all members of the one Church of Christ ------ the same one Church of Christ to which even today's Christians belong. Hallelujah!

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 1:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Meanwhile, has anyone noticed Joagbaje has runaway since I asked him if masturbation was a sin?

...even though he has been posting elsewhere.

This is because his answer will be contrary to that of some other protestants like him.

And we know that God's Church cannot teach that a sin is not a sin. If they did, it would mean that God's Church can teach what will send people to hell.

So instead of answering a question that would show that Protestantism isnt the Church Jesus founded on the apostles, he runs away!
t
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Enigma(m): 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2013
Even the "churches" claiming to be "Catholic" (with the capital C) have been fighting each other for thousands of years such that they even declared one another anathema.

Now some of them claim to be the true or original "Catholic Church" or even to be the "only Church". lol grin

The Orthodox Catholic Church/es aka Eastern Orthodox claim/s to be the true Catholic Church keeping to 'orthodox' doctrine
The Oriental Orthodox Church/es also claim/s to be the true Catholic Church keeping to 'orthodox' doctrine
The Roman Catholic Church claims not only to be the only Catholic Church but also the only Church, simple!. Very laughable, lol grin Meanwhile it does not even make a strong case to be orthodox; since many know that many of its "popes" have historically pulled doctrines from their backsides.

In any case, the Christian Church is not about "Catholic" or "Protestant". It is about faith in Christ and discipleship. In other words, the Christian Church is not Catholic or Protestant; rather it is catholic i.e. universal. That is what Ignatius who coined the word meant mainly and he was building on Jesus' own words that wherever two or three are gathered in His name, He the Lord Jesus Christ is there in their midst. That is the catholic Church; that is the Christian Church. wink

smiley
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:22pm On Oct 16, 2013
"All scripture," not "the Bible."

When Paul wrote that, he was talking about the Old Testament. A book like Revelation wasnt even in existence then. So who told you that it is scripture?

Where does the Bible mention which books in the NT are scriptures and which ones arent?

Also, you need to read about Acts of Peter, Gospel of Barnabas and many other 'scriptures' that were available at the time the Bible was compiled.

Who decided that these books shouldn't be in the Bible?

I dont want thousands. I only want ONE that say "we should not pray through Mary."

...and none of these verses say that.

If you say we must not pray through Mary, you are the one inventing a doctrine.

Why do you believe that asking another person to pray for you to Jesus means you are side-stepping Jesus.
[/quote]I asked u simple question u are telling me super story. From the verses of scripure i showed you, Jesus says 'if you asked anything in my 'name' i will do it'. Tell me what is d use of praying through mary's name when he (Jesus) can give u anything u ask through his name. We can only get access to the father through Jesus alone and no other because he shed his spotless blood for us on calvary. It is even an insult on the only begotten son of God praying in mary's name. Jesus is the only one who dies and rose again d third day for our justification. Mary is dead and long gone but he lives forever.

On d otherhand, when paul said that 'all' scripture is given by inspiration of God, it implies, books from Genesis to Revelation. Are u trying to tell me that books from matthew to revelation are not inspired by God or what? Note d word 'all' in that verse of scripture.

Futhermore, there is nothing like books of peters, i dont know if there are five peters in d bible also d books of banabas is not in my bible u people know where u brought it from. That amount to adding to the books in the bible and u know the implication of that.

You must liberate urself from this chasm of indoctrination and monumental self delusion. It does no one good. I am yet to see ur scriptural references to support ur claims that we should ask mary to pray for us and use her name in prayer. May God help us all. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:26pm On Oct 16, 2013
I asked u simple question u are telling me super story. From the verses of scripure i showed you, Jesus says 'if you asked anything in my 'name' i will do it'. Tell me what is d use of praying through mary's name when he (Jesus) can give u anything u ask through his name. We can only get access to the father through Jesus alone and no other because he shed his spotless blood for us on calvary. It is even an insult on the only begotten son of God praying in mary's name. Jesus is the only one who dies and rose again d third day for our justification. Mary is dead and long gone but he lives forever.

On d otherhand, when paul said that 'all' scripture is given by inspiration of God, it implies, books from Genesis to Revelation. Are u trying to tell me that books from matthew to revelation are not inspired by God or what? Note d word 'all' in that verse of scripture.

Futhermore, there is nothing like books of peters, i dont know if there are five peters in d bible also d books of banabas is not in my bible u people know where u brought it from. That amount to adding to the books in the bible and u know the implication of that.

You must liberate urself from this chasm of indoctrination and monumental self delusion. It does no one good. I am yet to see ur scriptural references to support ur claims that we should ask mary to pray for us and use her name in prayer. May God help us all. Thanks.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 16, 2013
[/quote]rom the verses of scripure i showed you, Jesus says 'if you asked anything in my 'name' i will do it'. Tell me what is d use of praying through mary's name when he (Jesus) can give u anything u ask through his name. We can only get access to the father through Jesus alone and no other because he shed his spotless blood for us on calvary. It is even an insult on the only begotten son of God praying in mary's name. [quote]

Do you mind the essence of asking your pastor anyone else for that matter to pray for you when you can equally pray straight to Jesus? So all your protestant pastors and other members praying for one another have been committing sin all these while

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
[/quote]On d otherhand, when paul said that 'all' scripture is given by inspiration of God, it implies, books from Genesis to Revelation. Are u trying to tell me that books from matthew to revelation are not inspired by God or what? Note d word 'all' in that verse of scripture.

Futhermore, there is nothing like books of peters, i dont know if there are five peters in d bible also d books of banabas is not in my bible u people know where u brought it from. That amount to adding to the books in the bible and u know the implication of that. [quote]

Where in the bible did they tell you that the books of the scripture are from Genesis to Revelation? How did you arrive @ that conclusion? Do you think the bible was written like a novel and publised when completed? Bros abeg stop displaying your ignorance of biblical history.

I expected you to study about the books Italo mentioned before comming here to disgrace yourself.You think the bible just fell from heaven abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
[/quote]On d otherhand, when paul said that 'all' scripture is given by inspiration of God, it implies, books from Genesis to Revelation. Are u trying to tell me that books from matthew to revelation are not inspired by God or what? Note d word 'all' in that verse of scripture.

Futhermore, there is nothing like books of peters, i dont know if there are five peters in d bible also d books of banabas is not in my bible u people know where u brought it from. That amount to adding to the books in the bible and u know the implication of that. [quote]

Where in the bible did they tell you that the books of the scripture are from Genesis to Revelation? How did you arrive @ that conclusion? Do you think the bible was written like a novel and publised when completed? Bros abeg stop displaying your ignorance of biblical history.

I expected you to study about the books Italo mentioned before comming here to disgrace yourself.You think the bible just fell from heaven abi?

How do you know which books should and should not be in the bible?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hw can mary who is no more pray for u. Does it make sense to u, anyway i am talking about using her name in prayer. Did u see other churches using their pastor's names in prayers?

U carefully avoided my question. I asked u that, is the book of matthew to Revelation not inspired by God? I need yes or no answer and not those ur story. By the way, u can ask me to pray for u now ok.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by SalC: 3:36pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Hw can mary who is no more pray for u. Does it make sense to u, anyway i am talking about using her name in prayer. Did u see other churches using their pastor's names in prayers?

U carefully avoided my question. I asked u that, is the book of matthew to Revelation not inspired by God? I need yes or no answer and not those ur story. By the way, u can ask me to pray for u now ok.
You started by quoting "all scripture is inspired by God". You've been told that scripture did not start and end from Genesis to revelation. Like Chukwudi44 told you, study the biblical history first. Also look up the meaning of scripture, then come back with your findings.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by PastorOluT(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2013
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ukuts gp: Hw can mary who is no more pray for u. Does it make sense to u, anyway i am talking about using her name in prayer. Did u see other churches using their pastor's names in prayers?

Did Timothy tell you that Mattew to Revelation is inspired by God or did he use the phrase "all scripture" .Who now told you that the letter of barnabas or acts of peter are not inspired?

To your other point.Yes I have seen other pastors praying for their congregation.Why didn't they allow them all to pray straight to Jesus? Why should he pray for them
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 16, 2013

Did Timothy tell you that Mattew to Revelation is inspired by God or did he use the phrase "all scripture" .Who now told you that the letter of barnabas or acts of peter are not inspired?

To your other point.Yes I have seen other pastors praying for their congregation.Why didn't they allow them all to pray straight to Jesus? Why should he pray for them.

By the way who told you that Mary is no more? Where did you get that from?
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by italo: 4:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
"He who lives and believes in me will never die."--Jesus Christ.

'She who lived and believed in you is no more'--Ukuts gp.

Talk about inventing anti-biblical doctrines.
Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by woky: 4:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
chukwudi44:

To your other point.Yes I have seen other pastors praying for their congregation.Why didn't they allow them all to pray straight to Jesus? Why should he pray for them.

By the way who told you that Mary is no more? Where did you get that from?
bros rapu dis guy..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
Some reasons i think is the cause for different doctrines today are:

1. Activities of false prophets and teachers. 2 peter 2:1-3.
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who secretly shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways, by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you. Whose judgement now of a long time lingers not and their damnation slumbereth not.

1 timothy 4:1-3.
Now the spirit speaks expressly that in the latter times many shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared with hot iron.
3. Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats which God has created to be received with thanksgiven of them which believe and know the truth.

Matthew 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise and shall deceive many.

2. Those that are into ministry for business.
2 peter 2:3.
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you...

Philipians 3:17-19.
Bethren, be followers together of me, and mark them who walk so as you have us for an example.
18.for many walk, of whom i have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of christ.
19. Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

Many people are carrying the bible for their stomach sake and they can twist scriptures in order to get want they want. Those ones can invent doctrines just to make money from members, even when truth is staring at them on the face.
I will be right back.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Buhari’s Ministerial List Shows That He Belongs To Somebody – Cardinal Okogie / Reigners Church Building Collapse: I Don’t Want To Be A Bishop Again - Akan / What I Was Offered By An Occultist While Preaching In A Bus Park

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.