Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,068 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant (65067 Views)

ATM Scam: See The New Method Used By Fraudsters / If You Know Any Filling Station Selling Above Pump Price(n87) Call These Numbers / Come And Learn New Tricks That Cashed Me Over $400 On Fiverr In 5weeks. FREE!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Biggyd2: 4:08pm On Oct 16, 2013
obongtunji: I had similar experience 3 times, but turst me i didn't fall for any, let me tell you how the last one happened in Abuja. I came out of the car as soon as I stopped my car, the attendant asked me "Oga how much fuel" I told him full tank, after resetting the pump he was actually pumping the fuel but gently because he didn't press the nozzle very well, so it was dispensing very slowly, I knew he was up to something before you know it another woman came to ask if I wanted injector cleaner and I told her no but she engaged me in irrelevant stories, after the guy dispensed #100, he removed the nozzle and placed it back to the pump claiming they changed the power source from generator to phcn, I saw it clearly that it was #100. After resetting the pump he later dispensed #4000 fuel he now said including the first one which was #1000, that was where I started shouting on him and told him I was aware of all his tricks, he couldn't say a word, his colleague in crime started begging me to pay what I said he dispensed, but I made sure I talked sense into their heads. Please guys you should watch out when you want to buy fuel........lop

Same thing happened to me at the Conoil filling station as you join the express from the old domestic airport in Lagos. The lady attendant kept denying but from her body language it was obvious she knew exactly what she and her colleague did. We fight our leaders but the main killers are those that kill from amongst us.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by cluewebhost(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
BTT:

You drive a millenium Peugeot!

Lol, you got me!!!

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Kidman03(m): 4:21pm On Oct 16, 2013
Mnewton: One need to be very careful with some of those attendants....i want to suggest something.....firstly dnt sit inside ur car to buy fuel like a boss, make it a point of duty nd responsibility to highlight 4rm ur car weneva u wanna buy some fuel...secondly, always insist they zero d meter before any transaction is made...3rdly do u know dat 1 liter in some fuelng station is as good as 1/2liter...to overcome dis problem always measure either with a 2 liter container to confirm d uniqueness of their litre before u buy in larger quantity....hope it helps..

Bros, abeg... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by emmabest2000(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
otokx: Get rich or die trying some say; most of us including myself yapping here do worse in our various offices. We have to look at the big picture and stop celebrating mediocrity and wealth. What happened to hard work, dignity in labor?

Anyway first of all a large percentage of the petrol stations in Nigeria under-dispense fuel so if you like gaze at the pump machine, the owner has already cheated you so its the small boys that you will prevent from doing same.

Nobody mentioned the one of the meter reading on the reverse side and they will ask you to go and check yet when you check as they enter it, abracadabra will still happen.

You are one of them grin
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Rajosh(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sermwell: Wat shud I do wit dis piece of info since I neither av a car nor buy fuel at d filling station?
don't you hope to get a car someday?

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by SORTER: 4:28pm On Oct 16, 2013
So U had such experience and U neva share same in D forum......Bros U stingy o!
eddiebruk: This is actually true, it happened to me in Warri some early March, i stopped at a filling station just to get petrol of 1500 that will enable me get to NNPC filling station so that i can get my tank filled at a considerable rate and the guy went ahead, ran the machine as if he was putting some petrol in my tank just because i was looking away i didn't notice, unknown to him that my meter was already on reserve, after driving for about 3mins my petrol meter still didn't rise, i had to revise back to the service station, by this time i didn't know my friend who was with me was already furious about the whole thing, but he didn't say a word until we got there, on reaching there i asked the guy that how much petrol did he put in my tank, and he said 500, i was shocked, before i could say another word, my friend has given this guy a very hot slap that threw him to the ground, it was the intervention of the Manager that rescued this guy that day, we had to demand for our money back and they gladly gave it back.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by levelszik(m): 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2013
eddiebruk: This is actually true, it happened to me in Warri some early March, i stopped at a filling station just to get petrol of 1500 that will enable me get to NNPC filling station so that i can get my tank filled at a considerable rate and the guy went ahead, ran the machine as if he was putting some petrol in my tank just because i was looking away i didn't notice, unknown to him that my meter was already on reserve, after driving for about 3mins my petrol meter still didn't rise, i had to revise back to the service station, by this time i didn't know my friend who was with me was already furious about the whole thing, but he didn't say a word until we got there, on reaching there i asked the guy that how much petrol did he put in my tank, and he said 500, i was shocked, before i could say another word, my friend has given this guy a very hot slap that threw him to the ground, it was the intervention of the Manager that rescued this guy that day, we had to demand for our money back and they gladly gave it back.
hot slap(akanti di oku) grin grin grin
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by MUONEMEARINZE(m): 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sepee to u bro 4 d information u pass 4 people wey no no as 4 me, guy man can never guy guyoyo. ZONTALPOINT[color=#006600][/color]
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by NoQualms1(f): 4:55pm On Oct 16, 2013
The funny thing is that it happens almost everywhere. I went to Tantalizers opposite Cathedral, Akure and bought snacks that should not be up to 1k. The lady told me it's #1,130 or thereabout. I paid, she didn't give me receipt. On getting home, I discovered she cheated me. No wahala. Another day, I went with my hubby to Mr Biggs, Alagbaka. The attendant tried the same thing, I and my hubby started asking for the price of each item and added them together. Alas, she had added around 230 Naira or so. Her face dropped when she discovered that she had been caught.

My point: it doesn't happen in filling stations alone. God help us in this country.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 16, 2013
Profidada: The real trick is not the meter, but the flow rate. They programmed the meter in such a way that the flow rate would trailed the metering.
Sure! Only those that did fluid machanics/thermodynamics/both can think towards this angle. Tuale!

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by coolakins(m): 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Another trick I have observed (quite strange but very true) is that the nozzle of the pump is hindered by a blockade of a piece of metal that reduces the amount of fuel dispensed even when the meter is reading right yet, you are not given the value of your money. I just feel that Nigerians are the woes of this country called Nigeria. We are simply criminally minded and seem to be fast-losing our humanness in the course of our strive for survival.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by royale442(m): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2013
lonelydora: A guy tried this with me in PH at Oando b4 Refinery junction along Eleme road. He didn't reset the pump which was at 1200 and started filling my tank. When he stopped at 4k, I just started my car to drive out without paying him. It took the intervention of the Manager b4 I gave him the 2800. Yeye people.
lwkmd! Bros i hail o.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by odume10: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2013
mine was at AP now Mobil filling station Samanda Ibadan, immediately after UI towards Sango, d guy had to reset when I was not looking I just had to warn him but I knew I had fallen for him already for not watching.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by mamagee3(f): 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2013
This is really pathetic!!!

Everything in Nigeria is corrupt, one can't even be sure of buying gas that's worth the money they paid anymore in that country.

Nigeria is slowly becoming the most despicable country in the world. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by SaintTee: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Billyonaire: Just pay with your ATM Card, that way, they wont get 1 naira of your money, their loot will go to the management.

It's a cash system with less people paying with cash.

The attendant resumes/closes using pump meter reading during his/her shift which is noted by the station manager and gives account based on that - cash/ATM receipts. Either way, a fraudulent attendant will deduct excess cash and balance account with ATM receipts if used.

With attendants poorly paid and unfavorably working environment, attendants are prone to cheating to sustain social status!
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Hamsaini: 5:18pm On Oct 16, 2013
Their Salary is 4k to 5k, Stop giving them close macking. They Can't Suvive without Stiling.

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by zaragoza(m): 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Profidada: The real trick is not the meter, but the flow rate. They programmed the meter in such a way that the flow rate would trailed the metering.

is dat really possible? I doubt.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hamsaini: Their Salary is 4k to 5k, Stop giving them close macking. They Can't Suvive without Stiling.
Are u one of them undecided
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by zaragoza(m): 5:27pm On Oct 16, 2013

is dat really possible? I doubt, as long as the meter is properly calibrated.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by begwong: 5:39pm On Oct 16, 2013
dejavume:

I think they salary has contributed to cheating customers.No pump attendant collect up to N12,000 monthly,most of them even total,oando,and other big oil marketers pay their pump attendant nothing more than N8,000,so tell me how wont they cheat customers,and they are all casual staffs.
Those attendants are no different from other top govt officials. If they were being paid #100k monthly would that have stopped them from cheating their customers?No!

Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by leadertext: 5:41pm On Oct 16, 2013
Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ yahoo..lols
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by nkemdilimi: 5:53pm On Oct 16, 2013
I have had same experience @ AK filling station @ Challenge IB thrice. He would stop @ 2000 pretending not to hear 5000. Then, he would willing and obsequiously offer to make it up to 5000. I smelt a rat and have not be there since then.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by eightsin(m): 5:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hehe!! Corruption in high and low places.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by olajide8(m): 6:12pm On Oct 16, 2013
I thought i was the only one falling prey like this - I have decided to blacklist some fuel stations including some so called NNPC mega stations - they blow air hot air for that matter so it makes the gauge climb only to go down later when you start to move- this country ehn- I just tire government would cheat us, security men would bully us, police men, would turn themselves into the judiciary, landlords would increase house rent without remorse, public servants would steal unabated"ly" with no shame, market women would beat the bottom of their mudu/congo thins, in the market, God what kind of life is this in this country sef! Local government so-called workers would harass you- I get as e bi, for this country O! Gross lawlessness
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by JABB(m): 6:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
smartchoice: how?
I believe the these filling stations has special engineers that adjust this metre before opening the filling station and begin sale to the public.They make double dubious profit i.e. to say the management make their own extra sale while the petrol attendant find all means to make their profit by cutting corners.This Naija for you.God help us.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by armadeo(m): 7:19pm On Oct 16, 2013
chucky234: Ah mogbe, those pump attendants go don finish me be dat.
I dey always posy inside car dey form bros each time I want to buy fuel,the worst be say I dey always leave my change for them ooo and dem sef don hail me tire, chei I no know say dem dey use my head.
Everyday I go dey put the blame for my 3.5L V6 engine I no know say those good for nothing fuel attendants no dey put fuel for my motor, ah God don catch dem,all their evil secret don open.

This one got me laughing. Lol
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by armadeo(m): 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
Hamsaini: Their Salary is 4k to 5k, Stop giving them close macking. They Can't Suvive without Stiling.

person no go die for this nairaland. i actually fell from my chair reading this post.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by purplelady: 7:27pm On Oct 16, 2013
I have been a victim a couple of times, now I come out of the car, check the meter before I open my fuel tank, then I ensure the attendant doesn't hold the noodle while filling my car still am done buying.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by SHAAWA: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2013
[quote
author=Sermwell]Wat shud I do wit dis piece of info since I neither av a
car nor buy fuel at d filling station?[/quote]

You shouldnt have open the thread in the first place cox it is meant for people with cars and buy fuel at the filling station.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 16, 2013
Sermwell: Wat shud I do wit dis piece of info since I neither av a car nor buy fuel at d filling station?
u can do alot. Do u sell things? If u do then dont cheat. Put D normal price and sell. Nigerians are too corrupt. I went to buy matches this evening and after abt 2hrs decide to use it only to discover it was barely 20 sticks in it. I showed it to my neighbour and told her were i bought D matches. She asked me to return it, that that is how D seller does. I was too surprise, why will smbdy remove frm ordinary matches box. Again up to 3 days ago, my friend went to D market to buy foods stuff and he bought a rubber of beans( i do buy at home becus if it overstays it gets weevils). And whn he was telling me wht he went to buy i ask how much and he told me #500 per rubber he use to buy. I told him they have cheated him, i had to take him to a store around and ask D girl how much is half a rubber of beans and she said 150 niara. My friend almost cried and told me he ask at abt two places be4 he bought at D third place they sold beans. It is nt D one i have seen whn purchasing things in D market, were i have bought smthing and a man(mostly men) will just come and start buying at any given. prices either due to shame or D way D woman abuse D man about how he bargains.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by andyanders: 8:16pm On Oct 16, 2013
JABB:
I believe the these filling stations has special engineers that adjust this metre before opening the filling station and begin sale to the public.They make double dubious profit i.e. to say the management make their own extra sale while the petrol attendant find all means to make their profit by cutting corners.This Naija for you.God help us.

You are right. Almost all these petrol stations adjusted their meters because I have noticed that from so many stations and what I cannot understand is the regulatory agencies why they have stopped going round to all these stations to check their meters. Most of them even mix water because I have discovered water from Jerry can I used in buying fuel. The first day, I thought it was my fault, but was surprised when I had similar discovery on a second trip. Some of these stations adulterate their fuel in order to make money.
Re: New Tricks Used By Filling Station's Pump Attendant by santanovva(m): 8:20pm On Oct 16, 2013
This happened to me yesterday at NNPC filling station at New Haven Junction Enugu. My car has a 60 litre tank and it was almost getting down to half so I decided to top it up with N2000 fuel.I told the guy attendant to give me 2000 worth of fuel and while he was at it,having noticed I had extra change on me, I decided to fill up my tank and I told him. He completed the 2000 sale, pressed some stuff on the pump and proceeded to fill up my tank. Next thing I saw was 2500 and I gave him the cash but he refused, saying the cost was 2500 plus the previous 2000. 4500 for half tank?!

This is a car I fill up with less than 6k at 97. I don't like creating scenes so I paid and left but right now, I am angry I will go and report him to the manager -if they are not in it together.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms - Vanguard / Is Folarin Alakija & Nazanin Jafarian's White Wedding The Most Lavish Ever? / “Next Cash And Carry” To Open In Port Harcourt, Nigeria’s Biggest Mall (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79