Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:13 PM

Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team (34083 Views)

Nigerian Game Development: What's Happening? / Game Development: Join The Team / Who Wants to Start an Electronic Game Development Company? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 11:00pm On Oct 25, 2013
dueal: Let me break down d implementation of d fighting game to d best of my knowledge. WE will need. human structured models for each character...rigged for d variation of moves. we will need to animate moves for each character at least to a believable standard. we will need to implement an arena camera, and the parser to determine input from a gamepad to an animation sequence...also...combos, effects, gui...e.t.c.......question...do we hv d capacity?

We have the capacity.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 11:18pm On Oct 25, 2013
ok...if dats d case i hv d codes and art. who has d animation?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by worldbest(m): 3:22am On Oct 26, 2013
Lol. You go fear "reference image".
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Frozenxyz: 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lmao thiz kyn game sef....
Goat vs human??
Its not even logical
i dont think thiz storyline is a
good idea, atleast there should be an atom of reality in it.. Abi na animal farm??

Imagine goat with sniper!!! Lwkmd
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2013
dueal: ok...if dats d case i hv d codes and art. who has d animation?
Great to know you can also program. There are several ways to get animations, Microsoft Kinect, pre-made soldier animations online etc. That would do for now. However, that is not a pressing issue now. since, we coming to the end phase of the story concept. We would be getting into the story development where art, modelling and game design skills become more important. Lets focus on that for now.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2013
Mission Update

Acquire Cutlass and Fight.

The humans get to pursue the escapee goat, Goatie with cutlass fiercely.

Release Other Goats, Ram, Cow, Chicken etc.
Armed with a cutlass, Goaty visits several abattoirs to release other animals.

Infiltrate Military Base to acquire tanks - Acquire Advanced Weapons – Ak47, Sniper etc

_Shit just got real. Information has leaked that the goats have rebelled against man and pose a very dangerous threat to citizen's life. In no time, the government deployed troops of mean and hungry soldiers.
General Goatie along with Ewu, Ebili and Gwon Gwon go on a top secret mission to acquire weapons of war fare. In the process, Gwon Gwon got killed. Then, the human Military Commander then said, Omo, see meat. Mek person go prepare Isi-Ewu make we chow.
But General Goaty thought differently. They had to retrieve GwonGwon’s body for appropriate burial rite as a worthy hero and patriot.

Retrieve GwonGwon’s Body, Get the weapons and capture the military commander.

Lets contribute mission ideas.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
I guess escaping the pursuers is the 1st mission, releasing other animals is the second!! We culd use this missions to teach the basics of the game to the players! The third is retriving gwon gwons bodie is the third! The third will lykly take plc @ a military camp and since the soldiers r busy tryin 2 cook gwon gwon we culd giv the players tools to play the mission in a stealthy way!! and its also gonna make more sense since mr goatie doesn't have that much weapons yet!! Buh after this mission player culd choose how they want to approach each mission!, buh I will lyk to add this to the story!! Mr goatie jst can't sai he wants to kill all humans is its only goal how about he is also finding is captured mate (female)!! this game is gonna be funny buh we culd let it be emotional too !, his mate might geht pregnant along the way or his mate might be alredi pregnant giving him the motivation to find her!! #cheers
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by RationalDude(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
Good to know that this project is still moving forward. Seems we have all agreed with the 'goats revolt' storyline, cool!. Lemme think up some missions......
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 6:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
jjk24: I guess escaping the pursuers is the 1st mission, releasing other animals is the second!! We culd use this missions to teach the basics of the game to the players! The third is retriving gwon gwons bodie is the third! The third will lykly take plc @ a military camp and since the soldiers r busy tryin 2 cook gwon gwon we culd giv the players tools to play the mission in a stealthy way!! and its also gonna make more sense since mr goatie doesn't have that much weapons yet!! Buh after this mission player culd choose how they want to approach each mission!, buh I will lyk to add this to the story!! Mr goatie jst can't sai he wants to kill all humans is its only goal how about he is also finding is captured mate (female)!! this game is gonna be funny buh we culd let it be emotional too !, his mate might geht pregnant along the way or his mate might be alredi pregnant giving him the motivation to find her!! #cheers

Yeah, that's right. Maybe, he did not find his wife after releasing other nearby goats because she has been sold.
During the course of the game, intel came on her whereabout. and then, he had to rescue her before she gets slaughtered.

Also, we can give names to character based on the animals popular name or anything close in sound or meaning.
for example
Cow - Melu, Mumu etc
Goat - Goatie, Overseer(Big Eye), Ewu, Gwon Gwon, Ebili etc
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 7:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
@jivi cul though I dnt knw many names!!, so can we start work on the first mission.!? Wait who go dey voice act this characters!!?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 7:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Ehen....this is what I have been waiting to see....

My guy,I de ur back...

I can:

Contribute a gud story lin(as an art student)

Help in d voice ish... as a theatre arts student..

Contribute in character design..

And if the need arises... a web site....

Code-Eater has volunteered to be one of the voice actors
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
That's gud I can voice act to !! Just wanna confirm something is this gonna be 1st person or 3rd person shooter u did sai it will be 1st person in the 1st page jst wanna confirm it !.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 7:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
It should be both. Switchable.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by worldbest(m): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
I was loving the 'Goat Story' but I don't think I would like to play a game where a goat kills humans and tries to save his pregnant mate. I think these goat theme has no historical backing. It has nothing people can relate with (except for the fact that we eat goats). I'm sure you don't want your 'Next Gen' game coming out of Nigeria to be about goats revolting. If you wanna invest 3 years of your time, then I believe the sango, amadioha etc story should be picked. You don't have do go into much details. For example, You could have a plot where 'Sango's sends you (the player) to different villages to help them solve their challenges (bush babies, madam kiokio etc). Those villages are the levels. If you are able to complete just a playable level, release the game to the public, get funding if possible and then improve the story and build more levels. Start simple. Avoid bloated stories. Shikena smiley
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 8:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
worldbest: I was loving the 'Goat Story' but I don't think I would like to play a game where a goat kills humans and tries to save his pregnant mate. I think these goat theme has no historical backing. It has nothing people can relate with (except for the fact that we eat goats). I'm sure you don't want your 'Next Gen' game coming out of Nigeria to be about goats revolting. If you wanna invest 3 years of your time, then I believe the sango, amadioha etc story should be picked. You don't have do go into much details. For example, You could have a plot where 'Sango's sends you (the player) to different villages to help them solve their challenges (bush babies, madam kiokio etc). Those villages are the levels. If you are able to complete just a playable level, release the game to the public, get funding if possible and then improve the story and build more levels. Start simple. Avoid bloated stories. Shikena smiley

lol. First and foremost, its the goat's dream. Secondly, they are fighting for justice not to kill humans(see it as an allegory like animal farm). Thirdly, its supposed to be funny. The humans in the game can be made to seem evil. For example, animal farm. Finally, if a part of the story seems weird, it can always be changed.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by worldbest(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
Jivi:

lol. First and foremost, its the goat's dream. Secondly, they are fighting for justice not to kill humans(see it as an allegory like animal farm). Thirdly, its supposed to be funny. The humans in the game can be made to seem evil. For example, animal farm. Finally, if a part of the story seems weird, it can always be changed.

Okay then. Ride on! smiley
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by jjk24(m): 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
I think y I lyk dis goat story is its cus its different if we build a game about sango its jst gnna b jst lyk eni oda hack and slash gow wannabe 2 me since we dnt rili have that much knwledge about sango and we lack good voice actors that can portray that era !!. The goat story seems different and intriguing.! It sure gonna attract ppl I think!.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hi guyz, my name is Kazuna. Came across this thread. I'm a 3D guy, how do i get involved?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 10:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
kazuna: Hi guyz, my name is Kazuna. Came across this thread. I'm a 3D guy, how do i get involved?
Do you program or do you do modelling / animation? Also, you can contribute gameplay / game design ideas
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Javanian: 6:02am On Oct 27, 2013
@Jivi update the original post with the chosen story line
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 27, 2013
Also I'd like to chip in this,at first the government didn't take the whole thing serious,so they intended using some trained military dogs against d goats battle for freedom. But to their utmost surprise,it all became futile with the dogs as man's best friend using that position to sabotage and limit the arms capacity of the human military(by stealing pretentiously for the military's arsenal).We can also use so silent and creepy animals for stealing arms for the animals cause like chipping MR TORTOISE and his cunning personality portrayed mostly in most Nigerian folktales. Finally the military dogs too want freedom from their master and they join the goats. How do u take this?
How is the settings gonna look like?
I believe it should be a mix of urban and rural settings, in the city TV stations can publicize the goats intent while in the village the town criers rallies info round to the people.
Goats?
We can also have varrying degrees of them,like The west african long legged,west african dwarf goats,malnourished ones depicted by high visibility of their ribs,the mountain goats who are the most rugged ones got a call from their domesticated brothers and they came to their patronage(they should be the most fiery ones cause of their mountain experiences).
Conclusion
I feel in Mr goatee's dream,the international wildlife agency should rise to their help and a new law should be passed against using animals as sources of proteins,rather they should be cloned and the cloned ones can be eaten.
Just my thought
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
coming up with d detailed art. i think d lead characters name as Melu works well. Also, y dnt d goats hv a special kill squad called A.R.M.U (Animal Rights Military Unit).
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2013
Peterjosh: Also I'd like to chip in this,at first the government didn't take the whole thing serious,so they intended using some trained military dogs against d goats battle for freedom. But to their utmost surprise,it all became futile with the dogs as man's best friend using that position to sabotage and limit the arms capacity of the human military(by stealing pretentiously for the military's arsenal).We can also use so silent and creepy animals for stealing arms for the animals cause like chipping MR TORTOISE and his cunning personality portrayed mostly in most Nigerian folktales. Finally the military dogs too want freedom from their master and they join the goats. How do u take this?
How is the settings gonna look like?
I believe it should be a mix of urban and rural settings, in the city TV stations can publicize the goats intent while in the village the town criers rallies info round to the people.
Goats?
We can also have varrying degrees of them,like The west african long legged,west african dwarf goats,malnourished ones depicted by high visibility of their ribs,the mountain goats who are the most rugged ones got a call from their domesticated brothers and they came to their patronage(they should be the most fiery ones cause of their mountain experiences).
Conclusion
I feel in Mr goatee's dream,the international wildlife agency should rise to their help and a new law should be passed against using animals as sources of proteins,rather they should be cloned and the cloned ones can be eaten.
Just my thought
Great Addition, We would find a way to add this to the story.
the dogs probably changed sides when they were reminded that they also get eaten in some places.
The mercernaries would be the mountain goats I guess.

1 Like

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2013
Jivi:
Do you program or do you do modelling / animation? Also, you can contribute gameplay / game design ideas

Versatile with python only because my 3D program is written in it. I use blender.
More into environments design and xter animation
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Nairaface: 5:35am On Oct 28, 2013
This sounds intersting. Is there room for more programmers? Java, c++.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by elvis10ten(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2013
worldbest: I was loving the 'Goat Story' but I don't think I would like to play a game where a goat kills humans and tries to save his pregnant mate. I think these goat theme has no historical backing. It has nothing people can relate with (except for the fact that we eat goats). I'm sure you don't want your 'Next Gen' game coming out of Nigeria to be about goats revolting. If you wanna invest 3 years of your time, then I believe the sango, amadioha etc story should be picked. You don't have do go into much details. For example, You could have a plot where 'Sango's sends you (the player) to different villages to help them solve their challenges (bush babies, madam kiokio etc). Those villages are the levels. If you are able to complete just a playable level, release the game to the public, get funding if possible and then improve the story and build more levels. Start simple. Avoid bloated stories. Shikena smiley
1 million likes.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by elvis10ten(m): 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2013
jjk24: I think y I lyk dis goat story is its cus its different if we build a game about sango its jst gnna b jst lyk eni oda hack and slash gow wannabe 2 me since we dnt rili have that much knwledge about sango and we lack good voice actors that can portray that era !!. The goat story seems different and intriguing.! It sure gonna attract ppl I think!.
you think ?
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Nairaface: This sounds intersting. Is there room for more programmers? Java, c++.
There is still room for programmers.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2013
draft

3 Likes

Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by meshybizzo(m): 12:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
I think this is interesting. The goat story is amusing. I would sure play a game like that.

I just have thing to say for now. An obvious suggestion but I will still make it. In order for this to be achieved you guys have to take this thing beyond the threads of nairaland and form a real team. In here we have heard diff pple bring up diff stories and ideas which many are good but they will only still remain speculations until things become well organised or structured. My own advise to the op is:

1. Gather the team: starting with everyone here interested, know them and find a better way of communication or meeting. Then get a list of all required skill and ensure your team has pple to fit each need skill.

2. Create a plan or process of how the project will be executed. Remember that without proper planning things might take longer and even eventually collapse.

3. Let the Magic begin grin

Without a team, proper planning and structure, 3yrs might end up not been enough time.
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by dueal(m): 2:00pm On Oct 29, 2013
@bizzo...its about time someone said that
Re: Game Development: Next Gen 3d PC Game Team by Jivi: 3:58pm On Oct 29, 2013
meshybizzo: I think this is interesting. The goat story is amusing. I would sure play a game like that.

I just have thing to say for now. An obvious suggestion but I will still make it. In order for this to be achieved you guys have to take this thing beyond the threads of nairaland and form a real team. In here we have heard diff pple bring up diff stories and ideas which many are good but they will only still remain speculations until things become well organised or structured. My own advise to the op is:

1. Gather the team: starting with everyone here interested, know them and find a better way of communication or meeting. Then get a list of all required skill and ensure your team has pple to fit each need skill.

2. Create a plan or process of how the project will be executed. Remember that without proper planning things might take longer and even eventually collapse.

3. Let the Magic begin grin

Without a team, proper planning and structure, 3yrs might end up not been enough time.

Great Suggestion. I will come up with the list of people working on this project as it stands now and we can discuss how to organize ourselves better.
Also, if you have any relevant skill to contribute, you can always join.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Microcontrollers / What Is Computer Programming / First Thing First, Learn To Program!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.