Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454561 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
Joenice: No e-fight. It's purely based on knowledge. As a result, she felt a little bit upset yesterday but smartly, wanted to make mockery of me today cheesy I never insulted her. I respect people a lot but reading not too good advice from her made me to comment. She's nice anyway.
Joenice, I hear you. Thanks anyways.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
honeyad:

You can transfer sir without even stepping in the city of your school you got visa with... You just have to alert both schools a week before resumption so they can transfer sevis fee... It's on the i20 page2.. Can you read and understand that aspect before you give a false info? I'm actually not insulting anyway..

Stay blessed

so u are part of them shey? you guyz gonna spoil the whole process
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by govman4: 3:41pm On Jul 01, 2014
bbdd:

Seriously in UI it's cheap too.
Any school that charges more than 1500-2500 for transcript is not considerate to students
UNAAB charge 3k since ova 4yrs ago til nw
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
Joenice: No e-fight. It's purely based on knowledge. As a result, she felt a little bit upset yesterday but smartly, wanted to make mockery of me today cheesy I never insulted her. I respect people a lot but reading not too good advice from her made me to comment. She's nice anyway.

Joe is nice! cheesy Mature, bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton and Zeezahbee,i understand your points.
Am not against transfering to another cheaper schools.Nobody,has it easy..we no be dangote cousins but we still have to ger that visa and make a future for ourselves.
These reasons is why some reputable schools in the united states rarely give admissions to international students..coz they use their name and i20 and get the visa abd then transfer to another school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
honeyad:

You can transfer sir without even stepping in the city of your school you got visa with... You just have to alert both schools a week before resumption so they can transfer sevis fee... It's on the i20 page2.. Can you read and understand that aspect before you give a false info? I'm actually not insulting anyway..

Stay blessed
Honeyad, you get sense. I for snap my i20 but I no dey house but I read that stuff well. Its even on the uscis website. Its not a crime to transfer, everyone should understand. Make una leave your naija mentality, no school can force you to enroll but they can only probe you if you don't transfer because they will report you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2014
olumide098:

Which process are you talking about for God sake?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Joe is nice! cheesy Mature, bro
he wan use me collect star but I only fight with people like slimmy, gravvy, idawbawz etc . Joenice you are welcome to US thread, relax ok.
Gravvy, where is RIjo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
stevecrun: Graviton and Zeezahbee,i understand your points.
Am not against transfering to another cheaper schools.Nobody,has it easy..we no be dangote cousins but we still have to ger that visa and make a future for ourselves.
These reasons is why some reputable schools in the united states rarely give admissions to international students..coz they use their name and i20 and get the visa abd then transfer to another school.
na them sabi. Sebi na to just enroll for one school. Shikena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2014
stevecrun: Graviton and Zeezahbee,i understand your points.

Sometimes it's not all about the money! People can decide to change school for reasons best known to them smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Which process are you talking about for God sake?
gravvy, you won't kill me grin cheesy. Olumide is only naïve, its understandable
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
olumide098:

So do you expect me to advice exxy not to go to school? Or what are u expecting me to say... Oga exxy.. Troy university, Alabama is around 6k with good scholarship if you have sat or perform well after your first semester.. All thanks to zeezahbee for that info.. Got that through her wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeezahbee: he wan use me collect star but I only fight with people like slimmy, gravvy, idawbawz etc . Joenice you are welcome to US thread, relax ok.
Gravvy, where is RIjo

Lol. I think the NL meltdown threw him off course, that or he might have travelled.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:00pm On Jul 01, 2014
olumide098:

Am not there ooo #hehehehe#
Abeg olu tell me about the process? You don work with uscis before
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeezahbee: You have to book online first, it will give you a 6 alphanumeric code, then you can go to there office or go to access, stanbic or first bank to pay into qatar account, then immediately you pay, you call there customer care and they email you the E-receipt. Shikena. Lemme know what else you want to know

Thanks for the prompt response. However, I have been searching for Qatar flight from Lagos to New York between 9th and 10th August and so far, I have seen prizes in the range $1419 - $1599. This is way higher than $1000 that you quoted. Or am I checking a wrong Site? Isn't it https://booking.qatarairways.com/qribe-web/public/showBooking.action?widget=BF
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
honeyad:

So do you expect me to advice exxy not to go to school? Or what are u expecting me to say... Oga exxy.. Troy university, Alabama is around 6k with good scholarship if you have sat or perform well after your first semester.. All thanks to zeezahbee for that info.. Got that through her wink
Blushing, smiling angry, you no tell them say if you SAT con high baje baje, you might not even pay anything.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by thibcyrain: 4:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
domex007: @stewee,
Before going for your interview, you must first check ur i-20 for the
source of funding on it (if its company funds or family funds that's
stated on it)
If its company funds, than you can edit the details on your i-20 and use
ur mum as co-sponsor, but if its family funds, I advice you ur mum as
original sponsor and use the company as co-sponsor..
I won't want you to make the same mistake as I did in my first
interview..
Family funds was stated on my i-20 but I went with company funding to
the embassy..
This is my advice to you..
Goodluck
pls my i-20 means of fund states UNCLE and not FAMILY FUNDS,hope iyam good to go
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
calmdown:

Thanks for the prompt response. However, I have been searching for Qatar flight from Lagos to New York between 9th and 10th August and so far, I have seen prizes in the range $1419 - $1599. This is way higher than $1000 that you quoted. Or am I checking a wrong Site? Isn't it https://booking.qatarairways.com/qribe-web/public/showBooking.action?widget=BF
Olodo, wrong site. Qatarairways.com and click on the full site. It will show you prices for each dates and you pick your choice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeezahbee: gravvy, you won't kill me grin cheesy. Olumide is only naïve, its understandable

Lol. No be my mouth you go hear say Tapioca na cassava.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
thibcyrain:
pls my i-20 means of fund states UNCLE and not FAMILY FUNDS,hope iyam good to go
Thiby since na your uncle you told the school, then you are good to go but be ready to show evidence and convince the VO how your uncle will be able to sponsor you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
govman4:
UNAAB charge 3k since ova 4yrs ago til nw

I smell unaabite here cheesy........ What set & college?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Lol. No be my mouth you go hear say Tapioca na cassava.
Make I pick race go health thread before uscis come pack una
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 4:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeezahbee: Anyways welcome. You will get your visa. You can ask questions and always reply questions. Thanks
Amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeezahbee: Olodo, wrong site. Qatarairways.com and click on the full site. It will show you prices for each dates and you pick your choice

It is still the same site. Look at the link well... I only copied you the link to the current page where I was. Anyway, you may want to help me double check the prize for available flight on the 9th of August so we can be sure. Thanks Oluko! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 4:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
[quote
author=honeyad]

So do you expect me to advice exxy not to go to school? Or what are u
expecting me to say... Oga exxy.. Troy university, Alabama is around 6k
with good scholarship if you have sat or perform well after your first
semester.. All thanks to zeezahbee for that info.. Got that through her
wink[/quote]
thanks honeyad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
calmdown:

It is still the same site. Look at the link well... I only copied you the link to the current page where I was. Anyway, you may want to help me double check the prize for available flight on the 9th of August so we can be sure. Thanks Oluko! cheesy
Like I said earlier in my posts about flight, from late july to sept, flight go high baje baje. You wan con spoil am, you want to travel on a weekend. You can use this webisite to compare price first then decide which to go with
www.wego.com.ng
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeezahbee: Like I said earlier in my posts about flight, from late july to sept, flight go high baje baje. You wan con spoil am, you want to travel on a weekend. You can use this webisite to compare price first then decide which to go with
www.wego.com.ng

Oh! I see.... Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by exxy(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2014
Olumide, abeg check ur i20 well on Instructions to student section number 5, it says: a nonimmigrant student is permitted to transfer to a different school provided the transfer procedure is followed.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
exxy: Olumide, abeg check ur i20 well on Instructions to student section number 5, it says: a nonimmigrant student is permitted to transfer to a different school provided the transfer procedure is followed.

I have checked it too. Just go on with your plans abeg and leave the guy alone. Like I said before, that information he gave does not add up.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 5:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
exxy: Olumide, abeg check ur i20 well on Instructions to student section number 5, it says: a nonimmigrant student is permitted to transfer to a different school provided the transfer procedure is followed.

So true! But some schools here could frustrate someone in the sense that, they insist on you spending at least a semester with them before they can release you or else they'll throw you off status. So you have to pray your school would be so willing to release you as soon as you get here.

seunbunmi in TX had a similar experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 5:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Where is this Boston guy "anthonymighty"? its almost 2 years now he last posted on this thread...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olumide098(m): 5:10pm On Jul 01, 2014
iamchux:

So true! But some schools here could frustrate someone in the sense that, they insist on you spending at least a semester with them before they can release you or else they'll throw you off status. So you have to pray your school would be so willing to release you as soon as you get here.

seunbunmi in TX had a similar experience.

God will bless you iamchux...You will never fall disgrace in Life. am telling this people right from the source and they nearly hit me up for here. Thanked God you came to my rescue. You cant try such nonsense with Buffalo university, Northeastern University and some tp skools in yankee.....i have friends that always advice me so that i wont mess things up..we need to be careful in doing things so that at the end of the day we wont blame ourselves..having a Visa is a Good thing but falling out of status can be distrarous....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.