Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454558 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by diamondsare4eva: 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2014
Can you reapply for an f1 visa after 1st refusal within the same school term ( fall 2014). What are the chances of getting it this time. Has anyone been refused the 1st time and given when they went back a 2nd time and got it at the lagos us embassy. Please share your experience. The reason for denial was because my older brother listed me as his daughter in an application he filled in the past which I have no knowledge of. Am just 18years. But I have proof that he is my brother and my sponsor and I have my birth certificate to proof that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
exxy: Olumide, abeg check ur i20 well on Instructions to student section number 5, it says: a nonimmigrant student is permitted to transfer to a different school provided the transfer procedure is followed.

Graviton and others, rules have changed. Always check new policy. Schools no longer allow transfer or else you do at least one semester with them. Some even say one year for undergraduate. Under that clause, they still went further to state that with good reason and proper arrangement with the school, they may allow you to transfer if you inform them at least 3 weeks before resumption. Do your research.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 5:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
And also, never make the mistake of informing your school of your intent to transfer to another school while you're still in Naija. Inform them only when you have crossed the POE, because they have the power to throw you off status immediately...Those guys could be funny at times.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 5:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

Graviton and others, rules have changed. Always check new policy. Schools no longer allow transfer or else you do at least one semester with them. Some even say one year for undergraduate. Under that clause, they still went further to state that with good reason and proper arrangement with the school, they may allow you to transfer if you inform them at least 3 weeks before resumption. Do your research.

Yes. This is so true...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
diamondsare4eva: Can you reapply for an f1 visa after 1st refusal within the same school term ( fall 2014). What are the chances of getting it this time. Has anyone been refused the 1st time and given when they went back a 2nd time and got it at the lagos us embassy. Please share your experience

It all depends on the reason for denial. If its a reason that doesn't require you to go and acquire additional qualification, you are free to go back to your interview immediately for same semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
iamchux: And also, never make the mistake of informing your school of your intent to transfer to another school while you're still in Naija. Inform them only when you have crossed the POE, because they have the power to throw you off status immediately...Those guys could be funny at times.
Thank you bro..for this explanation.Matter closed.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
olumide098:

God will bless you iamchux...You will never fall disgrace in Life. am telling this people right from the source and they nearly hit me up for here. Thanked God you came to my rescue. You cant try such nonsense with Buffalo university, Northeastern University and some tp skools in yankee.....i have friends that always advice me so that i wont mess things up..we need to be careful in doing things so that at the end of the day we wont blame ourselves..having a Visa is a Good thing but falling out of status can be distrarous....

I say Amen to the first bold...Very disastrous, because Reinstatement is a 50/50 thing. You either get it back or loss it depending on how favorable your application is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

I strongly advise you take your own advice and do your research, man. What you have stated is according to the school's decision not the policy issued by the US government. It is true most schools decide to retain the students for some time, but this is in no way a policy acknowledged by the government.

The policy states that the student is free to transfer if need be, so long as the necessary procedure is seen to, any thing contradicting what is stated on my I-20 is false.

If what you have said above is in an way a direct degree by the US government or is stated on the I-20 then show it, if not then it isn't a factor to be considered.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 5:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
Exxy and others it may concern,

If you have plans of transferring after entry, judge the situation (Your school's system, see if they have any intention of retaining you or being difficult, funds at hand, time of transfer) and make sure it is in sync.

The information on your I-20 clearly stipulates that you are very free to seek a transfer once you have met all requirements and have concluded the transfer process.

So please go ahead.

*Case closed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

I strongly advise you take your own advice and do your research, man. What you have stated is according to the school's decision not the policy issued by the US government. It is true most schools decide to retain the students for some time, but this is in no way a policy acknowledged by the government.

The policy states that the student is free to transfer if need be, so long as the necessary procedure is seen to, any thing contradicting what is stated on my I-20 is false.

If what you have said above is in an way a direct degree by the US government or is stated on the I-20 then show it, if not then it isn't a factor to be considered.

And where in my post did you read that it is a Govt policy? I am telling you most schools have changed their policy and it is very strict now. Your advice is deceitful as he/she may be disappointed to find out that his school doesn't allow transfer until after one year especially considering the fact that finance is his/her concern. Do you know the implication of being stranded over there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:32pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

And where in my post did you read that it is a Govt policy? I am telling you most schools have changed their policy and it is very strict now. Your advice is deceitful as he/she may be disappointed to find out that his school doesn't allow transfer until after one year especially considering the fact that finance is his/her concern. Do you know the implication of being stranded over there?

Okay then. Keep talking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by govman4: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
iamchux:

I smell unaabite here cheesy........ What set & college?
nov. 2010, Colnas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
@ graviton, av not still gotten d mail frm selfstudy... maybe u can help me wit d alternative...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2014
I am happy we are no longer aspirant grin We have VO's here and US dept of homeland security officials grin In fact ehn my visa is assured already.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
VO, someone looking to create home tie. Is it wrong for someone who already have a 5year old child to state it in the ds160, mind you he is not married. Home tie has to come by fire by force. He doesn't have a job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:17pm On Jul 01, 2014
slimmy05: VO, someone looking to create home tie. Is it wrong for someone who already have a 5year old child to state it in the ds160, mind you he is not married. Home tie has to come by fire by force. He doesn't have a job.

Hmmm.. Questions may arise.

1. Are you the one taking care of the child presently?
2. If yes, who take responsibility since he/she is not going with you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 7:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
idee91: @ graviton, av not still gotten d mail frm selfstudy... maybe u can help me wit d alternative...

PM me, so I can forward you the email containing the link.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

Hmmm.. Questions may arise.

1. Are you the one taking care of the child presently?
2. If yes, who take responsibility since he/she is not going with you?
So its to advice him to go through the work mode be that o. cheesy 21 questions to avoid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2014
slimmy05: So its to advice him to go through the work mode be that o. cheesy 21 questions to avoid

No, he has to state it that he has a child. But he should let the VO know that the child's mum is in custody and capable of taking care of him in his absence.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by paparave: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2014
Hey nl,pls is it everybody on here dat has been issued a student visa will actually attend the school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2014
paparave: Hey nl,pls is it everybody on here dat has been issued a student visa will actually attend the school?

Hahahahaha.. funny question. What exactly is your plan with this question?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by paparave: 8:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

Hahahahaha.. funny question. What exactly is your plan with this question?
because am trying to get a student visa and if am able to get it,i dont think i would be able to go to the ach because it's very expensive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 8:24pm On Jul 01, 2014
paparave: because am trying to get a student visa and if am able to get it,i dont think i would be able to go to the sch because it's very expensive
Brother, you be real palava. You want elope abi, you go hear weeeen!!. If you no go school, you go run out of status, you won't have SSN, you go just dey do jobs and get stipends, you won't be entitled to stuffs like medicals etc. In short life go dey miserable, well some have done it in the past and scale through but wetin work for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B. Be careful o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2014
exxy: Olumide, abeg check ur i20 well on Instructions to student section number 5, it says: a nonimmigrant student is permitted to transfer to a different school provided the transfer procedure is followed.

To summarise this transfer issue, the student can transfer without enrolling into the school with which he or she got his/her visa. But you have to know that it is recommended that the student should do at least one semester before opting for transfer, this is not to say that the student cannot transfer if he/she wishes to. Sometimes the transfer out school may refuse to release the student's sevis info to the transfer in school. Even there was a case where the transfer out school terminated the student's sevis thereby making the student to fall out of status, in this case, the student had to apply for reinstatement with the help of the DSO at the transfer in school.

So everything depends on school, some schools frown at it while some don't. Please never inform the school you used to get your visa about your intention to transfer until you arrive US!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:28pm On Jul 01, 2014
paparave: because am trying to get a student visa and if am able to get it,i dont think i would be able to go to the ach because it's very expensive

Ok let me get your point. Is it that you do not want to go to school at all after getting your visa? Do you intend to use the student visa as a disguise to enter USA and do something else?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by paparave: 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2014
zeezahbee: Brother, you be real palava. You want elope abi, you go hear weeeen!!. If you no go school, you go run out of status, you won't have SSN, you go just dey do jobs and get stipends, you won't be entitled to stuffs like medicals etc. In short life go dey miserable, well some have done it in the past and scale through but wetin work for Mr. A might not work for Mr. B. Be careful o
ok thanks..so what do u suggest i do because the sch dat sent my i-20 is abt 35k dollars
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 8:49pm On Jul 01, 2014
It's been a long time I commented last, I am happy to do that today. Congrats to Gravy and all of u that got their visa.

@Gravy, are u in Owerri?

Walspring howfar?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by paparave: 9:01pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

Ok let me get your point. Is it that you do not want to go to school at all after getting your visa? Do you intend to use the student visa as a disguise to enter USA and do something else?
not dat bro,would like to attend a cheaper sch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
Tochium: It's been a long time I commented last, I am happy to do that today. Congrats to Gravy and all of u that got their visa.

@Gravy, are u in Owerri?

Walspring howfar?

Tochium, long time! cheesy

I'll be in Owerri next week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:09pm On Jul 01, 2014
paparave: not dat bro,would like to attend a cheaper sch

OK, I get you now. Get the admission and I-20 from the cheaper school first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by paparave: 9:18pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

OK, I get you now. Get the admission and I-20 from the cheaper school first.
i already have my admission and i-20 from the sch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 9:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

Tochium, long time! cheesy

I'll be in Owerri next week.

Ok. All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.