Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (216) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454551 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
paparave: i already have my admission and i-20 from the sch

OK, get your visa with the expensive I-20 first, enter the US 30 days to resumption and try to transfer to the cheaper school. Best of luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by paparave: 9:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

OK, get your visa with the expensive I-20 first, enter the US 30 days to resumption and try to transfer to the cheaper school. Best of luck
ok thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 01, 2014
Is it that students don't look at the fees first before sending in their applications?
Na double wahala be that..cos when other students will be settling down for lectures in their new schools,you'll be running about the school's international students office building seeking for a transfer..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2014
domex007: @stewee,
Before going for your interview, you must first check ur i-20 for the source of funding on it (if its company funds or family funds that's stated on it)
If its company funds, than you can edit the details on your i-20 and use ur mum as co-sponsor, but if its family funds, I advice you ur mum as original sponsor and use the company as co-sponsor..
I won't want you to make the same mistake as I did in my first interview..
Family funds was stated on my i-20 but I went with company funding to the embassy..
This is my advice to you..
Goodluck

My I-20 says "students personal funds" although it was my mom's statement I sent to school.
On the letter from the airline it states that they will fully sponsor for my training for the duration of my training.
Will it still be okay to use my mom as my primary sponsor and the airline as backup sponsor.

...what do you guys think?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:11pm On Jul 01, 2014
Tochium:

Ok. All the best

Yeah. You too

You want to meet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:14pm On Jul 01, 2014
stevecrun: yes go..with all your mom's financial document.
Most times,documents are not requested..what they need is your word of mouth.
Please,produce no documents when not asked to..
Goodluck..Chief

Ok boss!
Thanks!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2014
juntod:

Are you already a staff of the airline? If not, be ready to explain why they want to sponsor you.

I am not a staff.
...Working on that.
Thanks!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:20pm On Jul 01, 2014
stevecrun: Happy new month my nairaland brothers and sisters.
May the month of July,be a month of testimonies.
May we the fall students going for our interviews this month bring back smiles and testimonies.
Amen!!

Amen! Amen!! Amen!!! in Jesus name...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:25pm On Jul 01, 2014
slimmy05: Graviton v.2.0, the code to transfer data *229*PIN*Volume of MB*MSISDN#

Wow... That's great!!! .... I sight that code

Graviton v.2.0.:

Alright, Slimmy. I have been a bad boy with that data. God forgive me!

Lol... but nah for us oooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by electronic(m): 10:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
olumide098:

go through my transcript....digest it and always read it everyday. check who accredited your course, the year and location in that school..make sure you fast for 3 days and give alms to beggars on the street. be focus and confident and most importantly be indifference. c
lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:35pm On Jul 01, 2014
Walspring:

Wow... That's great!!! .... I sight that code

Lol... but nah for us oooo

E don finish cry hehehe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:36pm On Jul 01, 2014
electronic:
lipsrsealed shocked shocked shocked

wink Rhapsody of Reality daily devotional grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iamchux(m): 11:13pm On Jul 01, 2014
govman4:
nov. 2010, Colnas

Great!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:40pm On Jul 01, 2014
Stewee:

My I-20 says "students personal funds" although it was my mom's statement I sent to school.
On the letter from the airline it states that they will fully sponsor for my training for the duration of my training.
Will it still be okay to use my mom as my primary sponsor and the airline as backup sponsor.

You have a big problem here. Kindly request for another I-20 from your school. Your I-20 cannot indicate personal funds and you are presenting mum and airline to the VO. At least get an I-20 that has your mum (Family) and then explain the airline sponsorship verbally to the VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

wink Rhapsody of Reality daily devotional grin

I sent you pm, Kindly pls check and reply ASAP!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idee91: 12:21am On Jul 02, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

PM me, so I can forward you the email containing the link.
hw was ur day bro... hav pm u.. kindly reply pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ProfEze: 1:46am On Jul 02, 2014
Hello House,

I am very sorry for just posting how my interview went. I give all glory to God for its success. I also thank these people who are already studying in the States: Wale in Florida and Moni in Kansas.

My Profile: GRE; 170 Quant, 150 Verbal; TOEFL iBT; 109; Assistantship; RA (with ~$2,000 more than the required fund for a year).

Pre-Interview: My interview was on Thursday June 5 in Lagos. On Wednesday June 4th, I was at MFM headquarters to pray for divine presence. I had read this thread from part 1 up to the eve of my interview. Some of my friends who are in the states had already told me that I should just go and pick up my visa since the department is providing full funding, even in excess of $2,000. Still, I prayed and read this thread very well (even though it's time consuming).

Interview Day: I woke up 4:00 a.m. at my friend's house in Somolu and eventually got to the embassy at 5:18am in the heavy raining. My appointment was for 6:30am. My 1-20, GTB visa payment receipt, DS-160 confimation page as well as appointment confirmation print out alongside my int. passport were collected. After the biometric data capture, my number prompted up for the proper interview. My interview spanned about 30sec. Here is it;

VO: (No greetings o) You are Mr XYZ going to the University of xxxx for MSc in xxxxx
Me: Yes
VO: Who will sponsor you
Me: I am on scholarship(checked my 1-20
VO: Anyone going with you
Me: No
VO: (handed a paper to me marking DHL Isolo) Pick your visa at the address circled.
Me: Thank you (No single document was requested...Not even GRE and TOEFL)

I never knew God will honour me this way. Brethren, join me in praising Him. I pray that "for as many as those who have been destined to study in the US, nothing shall stop you in Jesus' name" (Amen). All contributors in this forum, I am grateful to you. Shalom

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 3:00am On Jul 02, 2014
Prof Eze: Hello House,

I am very sorry for just posting how my interview went. I give all glory to God for its success. I also thank these people who are already studying in the States: Wale in Florida and Moni in Kansas.

My Profile: GRE; 170 Quant, 150 Verbal; TOEFL iBT; 109; Assistantship; RA (with ~$2,000 more than the required fund for a year).

Pre-Interview: My interview was on Thursday June 5 in Lagos. On Wednesday June 4th, I was at MFM headquarters to pray for divine presence. I had read this thread from part 1 up to the eve of my interview. Some of my friends who are in the states had already told me that I should just go and pick up my visa since the department is providing full funding, even in excess of $2,000. Still, I prayed and read this thread very well (even though it's time consuming).

Interview Day: I woke up 4:00 a.m. at my friend's house in Somolu and eventually got to the embassy at 5:18am in the heavy raining. My appointment was for 6:30am. My 1-20, GTB visa payment receipt, DS-160 confimation page as well as appointment confirmation print out alongside my int. passport were collected. After the biometric data capture, my number prompted up for the proper interview. My interview spanned about 30sec. Here is it;

VO: (No greetings o) You are Mr XYZ going to the University of xxxx for MSc in xxxxx
VO: (handed a paper to me marking DHL Isolo) Pick your visa at the address circled.

I never knew God will honour me this way. Brethren, join me in praising Him. I pray that "for as many as those who have been destined to study in the US, nothing shall stop you in Jesus' name" (Amen). All contributors in this forum, I am grateful to you. Shalom
wow!..This is the shortest interview I'v ever read on here. Congratulations bro and I pray for God's favour as I go get mine this morning.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 3:04am On Jul 02, 2014

Congrats! God did it for you and will definitely do it for all of u.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tayhur009: 3:30am On Jul 02, 2014
I tap from your grace sir! Congrat!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tayhur009: 3:42am On Jul 02, 2014
Go get it bro! The time is now
Ashigolo: wow!..This is the shortest interview I'v ever read on here. Congratulations bro and I pray for God's favour as I go get mine this morning.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56am On Jul 02, 2014
@the thread,

It's good to be back here.

@dahfweshdude69, juntod, calmdown, olumide098, Charis12,

Cheers guys.

@PhD debates,

lols

@Slimmy05,

I'm sorry I couldn't reply you when needed. I've been a bit far from being online.

Though I do come online but the duration isn't enough to answer emails.

However, how are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 3:57am On Jul 02, 2014
tayhur009: Go get it bro! The time is now
@Ashigolo, d grace & strength of God shall b made perfect in all ur weaknesses & u r indeed favored ds morning. Go n receive ur visa!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Doctoroma(m): 4:02am On Jul 02, 2014

Congrats bro! Are u a member of MFM H/qtrs youth church,Unilag?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:34am On Jul 02, 2014
imperiouxx: @the thread,

It's good to be back here.

@dahfweshdude69, juntod, calmdown, olumide098, Charis12,

Cheers guys.

@PhD debates,

lols

@Slimmy05,

I'm sorry I couldn't reply you when needed. I've been a bit far from being online.

Though I do come online but the duration isn't enough to answer emails.

However, how are you doing?
I am fine bro. Its not too late to answer. I will send you email now. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:12am On Jul 02, 2014
Stewee:

What do you mean by student personal funds?
If you gave the school your mum's bank statement, its supposed to read family funds, if you gave them the airline company's bank statement its suppose to read company funds.
I think student personal funds means that its the student that is paying for his/her tuition fees.
If that is the case, bro you can't take your mum's or company's bank statement to embassy, or even think or filling these on your ds160.
What you fill on your ds160 has to rhyme with what you have on your i-20.
Unless that student personal funds means something else that I don't know about..

Please, gurus assist this my bro here, I don't want him to make the same mistake as I did initially..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2014
[quote author=Prof Eze]Hello House,

This is the shortest interview ever.m. Congratulations bro. You had time for God and He didn't abandon you.. God is ever faithful.. Enjo US

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 02, 2014
Ashigolo, you're in my prayers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:27am On Jul 02, 2014
zeezahbee: Qatar is cheap, I book 2weeks ago for $738 (121k) to JFK. Checking qatar for those traveling in august is now expensive, you should budget from $900-1000. Lemme know if you need more info.

Nice one but do you book directly from Qatar website?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 8:29am On Jul 02, 2014
Finally,all glory to God..a big thanks to all of you,slimmyt,graviton,imperioux,zeezah,xron,streetmic,rijo all of you infact...my visa was granted this morning at abuja embassy.Transcript coming soon

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2014

As the Lord liveth and His Spirit is alive, I key and tap into this anointing and divine presence of God that worked for you during your interview. Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 02, 2014
unnamdi79: Finally,all glory to God..a big thanks to all of you,slimmyt,graviton,imperioux,zeezah,xron,streetmic,rijo all of you infact...my visa was granted this morning at abuja embassy.Transcript coming soon
congratz bro, happy for you. #transcript grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) (219) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.