Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455241 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Peaches90(f): 5:53am On Jul 06, 2014
I've been trying to pay my Sevis fee for 2 weeks now, with no headway. Sent money to someone in the U.S but it's been one excuse or the other.

Has anyone used these peeps? Sevis payment.com. Saw their advert here on Nairaland, but they charge high. $80 extra.

Anyone with info please? Help a sister.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:28am On Jul 06, 2014
Peaches90: I've been trying to pay my Sevis fee for 2 weeks now, with no headway. Sent money to someone in the U.S but it's been one excuse or the other.

Has anyone used these peeps? Sevis payment.com. Saw their advert here on Nairaland, but they charge high. $80 extra.

You live in Lagos, right? You can go to Republic of Benin or better still get in touch with Amefrica. He's a member of this unique forum.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by alingo4life: 6:33am On Jul 06, 2014
youngbilly1: hello @all. please I wanna ask a question. is it
true that the American embassy denies Nigerian
who have been to Malaysia? I will explain better
I wanna goto Malaysia soon and I was told that if I
goto Malaysia and I later intend going to the United
states i will be denied.

Which Kain Yeye news be that?OMG..I cant stop laughing..Nothing we no go hear for Naija self..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 6:57am On Jul 06, 2014
[b]For people looking for cheap hotels and how to get to the Lagos Consulate early, you can go about it like this if it's not stressful to you cos this is exactly what I did both times I was at the Consulate.

If you're coming from the mainland, take the BRT bus to CMS and enter those green and white buses calling bar beach, drop immediately after the bridge before you get to Dordan barracks(the journey is not up to 5mins and it's just #50).

After you drop, cross to the other side(the consulate is the white big building in your front) and walk backwards onto the bridge and take the right turn while coming down.

You will see tricycle passing by, enter #50 to Obalende and drop @ the Oando filling station. Adjacent to the Oando is an hotel(white 3storey building) but I will advise you to just walk a little downwards and you will see another hotel(brown 3storey building). The first least room is 3k5(without ac) and the latter is 4k(with ac) and the difference is very clear cos I can't actually sleep in the white hotel. Been trying to remember the hotels name but still can't.

In the morning when going for your interview, from the hotel you can enter tricycle to the Consulate for #50 but I actually trek as a confirmed OSU boy smiley.

All the best.[/b]

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by straneur(m): 7:18am On Jul 06, 2014
younlly1: hello @all. please I wanna ask a question. is it
states i will be denied.

That is not true, l did my degree here in Malaysia and currently doing my MBA.

Its even easier to apply here with good academic records. I did applied for J1 visa and was approved, and almost all my friends that went back home to apply for their masters got their visa.

They are not as tough as naija but Malaysian student visa is always a plus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 06, 2014
Mjseun:

Is it upto 3 weeks you lodged in there? if not abeg try and remember oooo smiley as some of your Nairaland brothers need that information. Better still check your receipt, the name of the hotel should be on it or the hotel don't issue out receipt to customer?
It was around October, last year. I'm not lagos-based, I would have described. Abeg, my ppl no vex!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 7:48am On Jul 06, 2014
youngbilly1: hello @all. please I wanna ask a question. is it
states i will be denied.

I know someone who has lived in Malaysia legally for studies. He wasn't denied a US visa. It is even an added advantage. You can only be denied if you violate immigration laws of another country because it is a sign that you may likely do the same while in USA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 8:49am On Jul 06, 2014
Please house what this mail mean

Your document(s) have been collected from the US Embassy/Consulate

The passport number being returned is ********

You have chosen to have your documents delivered to the following location:

Abuja, DHL, Wuse 2, Abuja

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 8:52am On Jul 06, 2014
Hello, sweet thread. I'm going for undergraduate's study, but I'm yet to pay for my visa fee @ GTB, I hope I can still get an available date this month? My school is resuming 16th august.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2014
unnamdi79: Please house what this mail mean

The passport number being returned is A01735715

If you have any issues or concerns, please contact us at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.

it simply means your passport has been collected from the US embassy by DHL. You can rememeber you do fill if you want your passport to be delivered to your address.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 06, 2014
Amerinancy: Hello, sweet thread. I'm going for undergraduate's study, but I'm yet to pay for my visa fee @ GTB, I hope I can still get an available date this month? My school is resuming 16th august.
You can't get a date for this month as its filled already. Try and pay your visa fee and fill your ds160, book the nearest available date and apply for emergency appointment. You should get a favourable date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2014
Amerinancy: it simply means your passport has been collected from the US embassy by DHL. You can rememeber you do fill if you want your passport to be delivered to your address.
yeah.. I know,its clearly stated..I just want to find out if I can go pick it up
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 9:03am On Jul 06, 2014
unnamdi79: yeah.. I know,its clearly stated..I just want to find out if I can go pick it up
I think they should notify you if its ready for pickup. But you can email them to circumvent your doubts. And please go to church LOL!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 06, 2014
unnamdi79: yeah.. I know,its clearly stated..I just want to find out if I can go pick it up
Its ready for pick up, go to the dhl office stipulated in your collection form. Monday it is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 9:07am On Jul 06, 2014
Amerinancy: I think they should notify you if its ready for pickup. But you can email them to circumvent your doubts. And please go to church LOL!!
LOL..thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 9:09am On Jul 06, 2014
slimmy05: Its ready for pick up, go to the dhl office stipulated in your collection form. Monday it is
yeah. Thank you bro,I anticipate reading your transcript soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 9:14am On Jul 06, 2014
unnamdi79: Please house what this mail mean

The passport number being returned is ********

congrats bro!..thats shows your passport with visa is ready for pick up at your pickup location. Please when did you get this message?...your visa was approved same day as mine (july 2nd) right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2014
Ashigolo: congrats bro!..thats shows your passport with visa is ready for pick up at your pickup location. Please when did you get this message?...your visa was approved same day as mine (july 2nd) right?
yeah...got the message on thursday and also got it this morning
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 9:20am On Jul 06, 2014
Anyone heading towards illinois?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 06, 2014
Amerinancy: Anyone heading towards illinois?
I am undecided yet either Illinois, Carbondale or Tennessee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 06, 2014
unnamdi79: yeah. Thank you bro,I anticipate reading your transcript soon
You're welcome. You'll surely read mine by God's grace

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 9:26am On Jul 06, 2014
Peaches90: I've been trying to pay my Sevis fee for 2 weeks now, with no headway. Sent money to someone in the U.S but it's been one excuse or the other.

i can be of help to you if you dont mind, all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 9:28am On Jul 06, 2014
Go to DHL office your passport and visa is ready for collection.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 9:31am On Jul 06, 2014
unnamdi79: yeah...got the message on thursday and also got it this morning
wow! Thats fast..congrats bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 9:40am On Jul 06, 2014
slimmy05: I am undecided yet either Illinois, Carbondale or Tennessee
If you decide to go to illinois, which school will you be going to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:51am On Jul 06, 2014
Amerinancy: If you decide to go to illinois, which school will you be going to?
SIU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 10:37am On Jul 06, 2014
unnamdi79: yeah...got the message on thursday and also got it this morning

Congratulations bro! Ashigolo and I got out visa approved same day in Lagos, but we are yet to hear anything from them. We sent them an email this morning, and a response came back saying a case file has been created and they would get back to us in 1-2 days.

Amerinancy: Anyone heading towards illinois?

I am! WIU to be précis...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 12:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
A brother is landing in New york thou his school is in atlanta but he wants to visit his uncle in dallas. He only has d flight ticket for dallas but he hasn't gotten the one for atlanta ( his school) because he doesn't know how many days he will chill with his uncle. Will this be a problem at the port of entry ? I never reach Port of entry before so I don't want to give a wrong advice. Advice needed asap because he's travelling on friday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by calmdown: 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
Anyone heading towards Atlanta?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
F1 visa is for studies and not for tourism. He should have his ticket to the right desination, otherwise he'll have problems. It would have been fantastic if the school is in the city where his uncle lives.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 06, 2014
zeezahbee: A brother is landing in New york thou his school is in atlanta but he wants to visit his uncle in dallas. He only has d flight ticket for dallas but he hasn't gotten the one for atlanta ( his school) because he doesn't know how many days he will chill with his uncle. Will this be a problem at the port of entry ? I never reach Port of entry before so I don't want to give a wrong advice. Advice needed asap because he's travelling on friday
No problem at all. If he likes he should go to Chattanooga or Detroit first.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.