Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,150 members, 7,829,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455217 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by twAYz: 7:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
olumide14:

Thank you twAYz. Yes, you can apply now and send your scores later.
. Many thanks bro, I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amazing45: 8:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
Good evening house, i am sorry i am new in this forum. i have some questions which i believe you can help me out. i am awaiting my I-20 next week by dhl. is it possible for me to proceed in applying for visa online and schedule appointment before the arrival of the documents? my reumption is 23rd AUGUST, i need to schedule appointment on time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2014
amazing45: Good evening house, i am sorry i am new in this forum. i have some questions which i believe you can help me out. i am awaiting my I-20 next week by dhl. is it possible for me to proceed in applying for visa online and schedule appointment before the arrival of the documents? my reumption is 23rd AUGUST, i need to schedule appointment on time.
Hold on till your packet arrives Nigeria before you proceed simply because you need to have a critical look at your documents before filling the online form. You need to pay for SEVIS too. So, start making plans now. Good luck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
Gravitonv20: What is wrong with NL. My moniker has changed suddenly, I think my account has been hacked. Is anyone experiencing something similar?
If you notice any changes in your profile, quickly change your password. Do not use simple password. Make it stronger. Hackers are now on Nairaland. One of them tried to hack me yesterday but i warded him off. cheesy I'm sure the guy is so surprised that he did not succeed. You also need to avoid clicking on link you're not sure of. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 8:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joenice: If you notice any changes in your profile, quickly change your password. Do not use simple password. Make it stronger. Hackers are now on Nairaland. One of them tried to hack me yesterday but i warded him off. cheesy I'm sure the guy is so surprised that he did not succeed. You also need to avoid clicking on link you're not sure of. cheesy

My moniker was Graviton v.2.0. previously, now I received an email from Nairaland saying they changed it to Gravitonv20. No explanations, just imagine!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2014
slimmy05: ogakpatakpata agent grin justwise will ban the guy till 2080

lol.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
amazing45: Good evening house, i am sorry i am new in this forum. i have some questions which i believe you can help me out. i am awaiting my I-20 next week by dhl. is it possible for me to proceed in applying for visa online and schedule appointment before the arrival of the documents? my reumption is 23rd AUGUST, i need to schedule appointment on time.

If you have your I-20 scan copy, you can proceed to pay for sevis fee, visa fee and book appointment and fill your ds160 but if you dont have that you will have to wait till it arrive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by herald9: 9:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Gravitonv20:

My moniker was Graviton v.2.0. previously, now I received an email from Nairaland saying they changed it to Gravitonv20. No explanations, just imagine!
they simply upgraded for u cheesy

Shea one guy taunted u dat odas re using v.4.2 u re still bended on v.2.0? grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Gravitonv20:

Ok. Try to log on with your nairaland email as username and notify me after that. I think because nairaland has gone international, so they try to bring it down. Some of these people are from India and Pakistan.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Peaches90: I've been trying to pay my Sevis fee for 2 weeks now, with no headway. Sent money to someone in the U.S but it's been one excuse or the other.

Has anyone used these peeps? Sevis payment.com. Saw their advert here on Nairaland, but they charge high. $80 extra.

Anyone with info please? Help a sister.

Eeyah... sorry about that and dont use them cos people use seme border but if you stay in lagos, i can guide you through and make payment via seme border and your receipt will reflect with 2/3 days...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amazing45: 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
thanks alot Walspring and Joenice. I will mail them now to see if they can send me the scan copy of my i-20. thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
slimmy05: You can't get a date for this month as its filled already. Try and pay your visa fee and fill your ds160, book the nearest available date and apply for emergency appointment. You should get a favourable date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:08pm On Jul 06, 2014
amazing45: thanks alot Walspring and Joenice. I will mail them now to see if they can send me the scan copy of my i-20. thanks alot

Lets give the thanks to God!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
herald9:
they simply upgraded for u cheesy

Shea one guy taunted u dat odas re using v.4.2 u re still bended on v.2.0? grin

Make dem leave my handle like that for me oh! I like am so.

Yeah, I remember that guy. From v.2.0. to v20. Hehehe. NL bring back my moniker abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joenice: Ok. Try to log on with your nairaland email as username and notify me after that. I think because nairaland has gone international, so they try to bring it down. Some of these people are from India and Pakistan.

Same old. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by amazing45: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
i am sorry, i know this must have been discussed earlier in this forum, can you me lead me to the link on the documents i need and the steps in processing the visa after getting i-20? thanks alot
Walspring:

Lets give the thanks to God!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
amazing45: i am sorry, i know this must have been discussed earlier in this forum, can you me lead me to the link on the documents i need and the steps in processing the visa after getting i-20? thanks alot

Passport photograph

MRV payment receipt from GTB

Int'l passport valid for the next 6 months as of the date of interview

SEVIS Receipt

DS-160 confirmation page

Appointment confirmation page

I-20 and admission letter

O'level Transcript/results (WAEC & NECO)

Secondary/University school Certificate

GRE or TOEFL/IELTS or SAT score with examination slip

Sponsorship letter

Sponsor bank statement

Other valuable documents you think you have such as professional certificate

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by herald9: 9:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Gravitonv20:

Make dem leave my handle like that for me oh! I like am so.

Yeah, I remember that guy. From v.2.0. to v20. Hehehe. NL bring back my moniker abeg.

Hehehe grin
even Google no get name for dis new version grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 9:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=Feexo]

Congratulations bro! Ashigolo and I got out visa approved same day in Lagos, but we are yet to hear anything from them. We sent them an email this morning, and a response came back saying a case file has been created and they would get back to us in 1-2 days.

@Feexo, Approved visas on 2nd (Wednesday) are to be picked up on 8th (Tuesday).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
youngbilly1:

Mr man it might be yeye to you but I know 2 people who have been denied a visitor's visa to the states because they've been to Malaysia and they made mention that they asked them why did they goto Malaysia country full of scammers and they got denied.

That's why they always ask the purpose of the your trip to malaysia... If it's education wise or something important, you got no problem.

If you went there to flex, that's when they have a biased mind towards you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Gravitonv20:

Same old. sad
Ask Justwise or Seun what happened. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joenice: Zee, immigration laws keep changing. Please advice your friend to go straight to his school and visit his uncle later or during holiday, unless his school is in the same city or state with his uncle. POE is very tough on travelers rightnow.

I agree with you.. Even if he's taking the "RISK", he needs present a ticket back to his school...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
herald9:
Hehehe grin
even Google no get name for dis new version grin

Na wa for you.angry They made my handle lose swag.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:49pm On Jul 06, 2014
Gravitonv20:

Na wa for you.angry They made my handle lose swag.

Lol... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Walspring:

I think he can still get date for lagos because tomorrow of this coming week lagos will release more dates... which should start from August 6th downward cos i can only see August 5th date

You mean one can still find a date in July?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
McKinzie:

I agree with you.. Even if he's taking the "RISK", he needs present a ticket back to his school...
These POE guys can be so mean sometimes. They almost turned my sister back. Shine your light to help others in darkness. Every state is different anyway.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
domex007:

You mean one can still find a date in July?

But someone can pick date in August and then request for emergency request and the person giving date July
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Walspring:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 10:15pm On Jul 06, 2014
McKinzie, bros how did you know that visas approved on Wednesday, 2nd July, are to be picked up on Tuesday, 8th of July? The standard procedure of 3 working days right? But Unnamdi79 got an email on Thursday- a day after interview- and another one today. Perhaps, the crowd in Lagos is much compared to that of Abuja. Please shed more light if you have more info...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:21pm On Jul 06, 2014
Feexo: McKinzie, bros how did you know that visas approved on Wednesday, 2nd July, are to be picked up on Tuesday, 8th of July? The standard procedure of 3 working days right? But Unnamdi79 got an email on Thursday- a day after interview- and another one today. Perhaps, the crowd in Lagos is much compared to that of Abuja. Please shed more light if you have more info...

I'm talking about the Lagos Embassy. Someone who got approved same day was told to pick up this coming tuesday..Likewise every other person (Most people misinterpreted it for "Pick up in two days"wink.. ... A guy was exempted though, his case was emergency and he was told to pick up this past friday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=McKinzie][/quote]Thanks bro, but @Nnamdi got his visa approved 2nd and got an email on thur(3rd) and as well this morning(6th), that his passport is ready for pickup at DHL.. Though he had his interview in Abuja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Walspring:

But someone can pick date in August and then request for emergency request and the person giving date July

I don't understand.. Can you please explain..

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.