Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455242 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 12:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
Feexo:

I am! WIU to be précis...

my school is also in western illinois.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by youngbilly1: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
alingo4life:

Which Kain Yeye news be that?OMG..I cant stop laughing..Nothing we no go hear for Naija self..

Mr man it might be yeye to you but I know 2 people who have been denied a visitor's visa to the states because they've been to Malaysia and they made mention that they asked them why did they goto Malaysia country full of scammers and they got denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
zeezahbee: A brother is landing in New york thou his school is in atlanta but he wants to visit his uncle in dallas. He only has d flight ticket for dallas but he hasn't gotten the one for atlanta ( his school) because he doesn't know how many days he will chill with his uncle. Will this be a problem at the port of entry ? I never reach Port of entry before so I don't want to give a wrong advice. Advice needed asap because he's travelling on friday

Hi zee.......I dnt think there would be any problem with the destination of your friend provided he has ample time to chill before skol resumption. He will be checked-in in NY and the POE officers will take a look at his resumption date. All he needs do is to explain himself to the POE officers. He will be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Joenice: F1 visa is for studies and not for tourism. He should have his ticket to the right desination, otherwise he'll have problems. It would have been fantastic if the school is in the city where his uncle lives.
Says who?! All he needs to do is to explain his mission (visit an uncle before school resumes).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by youngbilly1: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
straneur:

That is not true, l did my degree here in Malaysia and currently doing my MBA.

Its even easier to apply here with good academic records. I did applied for J1 visa and was approved, and almost all my friends that went back home to apply for their masters got their visa.

They are not as tough as naija but Malaysian student visa is always a plus

thanks bro...my friend's went to Malaysia on a visit when he came back to nigeria to apply for an American visitors visa he got denied even the other guy got denied they asked why did they goto Malaysia.they asked one of them are you a scammer?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
youngbilly1:

thanks bro...my friend's went to Malaysia on a visit when he came back to nigeria to apply for an American visitors visa he got denied even the other guy got denied they asked why did they goto Malaysia.they asked one of them are you a scammer?
You mean as old as they are, they can't give a simple reason for visiting Malaysia? They deserve another denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
youngbilly1:

Mr man it might be yeye to you but I know 2 people who have been denied a visitor's visa to the states because they've been to Malaysia and they made mention that they asked them why did they goto Malaysia country full of scammers and they got denied.
Really?! grin I humbly disagree. I have a couple of Malaysia citizens as friends currently schooling in US. Since a citizen of the country can get it, then why not for visitors.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
Amefrica: Says who?! All he needs to do is to explain his mission (visit an uncle before school resumes).
correct.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:02pm On Jul 06, 2014
Amefrica: Says who?! All he needs to do is to explain his mission (visit an uncle before school resumes).

#Fact
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by straneur(m): 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2014
double post
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by straneur(m): 1:06pm On Jul 06, 2014
youngbilly1:

Haba! your friends can lie o. Even my younger brother get 2 years tourist visa and hes schooling here. They simply failed to convince VO.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2014
slimmy05: correct.
Boss, how do you do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

#Fact
I hail oo, oga mi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2014
Amefrica: Boss, how do you do?
Boss mi, I dey follow your steps. I am doing well and you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2014
straneur:

Haba! your friends can lie o. Even my younger brother get 2 years tourist visa and hes schooling here. They simply failed to convince VO.
Why disturbing yourself? In fact his two friends are scammers truly if they cannot defend the reason why they travelled to Malaysia. Truth be told, I have a lot of sec school mates who tolled that line. When I trekked to school, they were cruising on range, not knowing they went and traded their kidney for cash and went deep into yahoo. I still sip vodka, rosse, amarula etc, while they go on malt(1kidney ignoramus). Even with my small change I still dey bugga for club.

A colleague back then in uni got rivers state scholarship to school in Malaysia, he went on J1 visa, so what's the biggie

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:24pm On Jul 06, 2014
Thanks amefrica,Rijo, gravvy, slimmy, juntod. Appreciate. Still expecting more replies sha but it won't make sense to get bounce at the POE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rijo02, so you didn't go with the hackers angry well, welcome once again. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
zeezahbee: Thanks amefrica,Rijo, gravvy, slimmy, juntod. Appreciate. Still expecting more replies sha but it won't make sense to get bounce at the POE
let me ask a friend that travelled last year. He first visited his uncle in New York before heading to Tennessee(etsu)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
slimmy05: You mean as old as they are, they can't give a simple reason for visiting Malaysia? They deserve another denial
Not really. Going to some countries is a red-flag for F1 Visa. Fortunately, Malaysia is not included. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
zeezahbee: Thanks amefrica,Rijo, gravvy, slimmy, juntod. Appreciate. Still expecting more replies sha but it won't make sense to get bounce at the POE
Zee, immigration laws keep changing. Please advice your friend to go straight to his school and visit his uncle later or during holiday, unless his school is in the same city or state with his uncle. POE is very tough on travelers rightnow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
Who has done wes?
How long did it take for nipost to mail your transcripts to wes??

I'm expecting my mail to be with wes this coming week. I certainly hope I'm not being too optimistic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jul 06, 2014
slimmy05: Boss mi, I dey follow your steps. I am doing well and you?
My steps bawo? Me na ur boy oo grin I'm faring well too shaa. Success in your interview!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:46pm On Jul 06, 2014
Amefrica: I hail oo, oga mi.

What do you mean "Oga mi"? angry

I hail you too, brother. How go dey go nau?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:47pm On Jul 06, 2014
Visa granted some minutes ago at the Owerri embassy. cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:

What do you mean "Oga mi"? angry

I hail you too, brother. How go dey go nau?
Oga na 'Boss' for english. You na my boss! All is going well shaa. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2014
Amefrica: Oga na 'Boss' for english. You na my boss! All is going well shaa. cheesy

See person wey I dey look up to dey call me boss. Glad things are great with you. We go chat later.cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by twAYz: 2:10pm On Jul 06, 2014
olumide14:

Thank you Graviton. Oh...thank God I chose to do a PhD grin
. Congrats Olumide, pls house is it possible to apply 1st and then do GRE 'n' send result later or to wait for the result b4 applying? Comments 'n' opinions will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Folarge06(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
Graviton v.2.0.:
Visa granted some minutes ago at the Owerri embassy. cheesy grin
congratulobia...go pick up ur passport at the dhl office in sambisa forest avenue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rubywoo(f): 2:17pm On Jul 06, 2014
Hello House,First time poster here,but long time lurker.You guys are doing a great Job.Thanks so much for all the free info.For everyone who has dropped their interview transcripts thanks so much it has helped a lot of people including non commenters like me. grin Congratulations to all who got their visas.

Please I have a question.As at the time i was filling my DS-160 form i was working for an organization,and its a contract job,such that by the time i would be going for the interview,i would no longer be working with them.I filled the organization as my current job.Would that pose any problem when i go for the interview as i would no longer be with the company?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2014
Folarge06: congratulobia...go pick up ur passport at the dhl office in sambisa forest avenue

Lol. No, thank you. The only visa I will pick up there, is one that leads me to a place I don't want to go. I dash you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rubywoo: Hello House,First time poster here,but long time lurker.You guys are doing a great Job.Thanks so much for all the free info.For everyone who has dropped their interview transcripts thanks so much it has helped a lot of people including non commenters like me. grin Congratulations to all who got their visas.

Please I have a question.As at the time i was filling my DS-160 form i was working for an organization,and its a contract job,such that by the time i would be going for the interview,i would no longer be working with them.I filled the organization as my current job.Would that pose any problem when i go for the interview as i would no longer be with the company?

Thanks.
What do you do right now? Are you self-employed? Who is sponsoring you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 2:27pm On Jul 06, 2014

If na me o, I no go go anywhere make people from village no sit on top my matter. cheesy

He can go anywhere legal to do anything legal as long as it is before the school resumption.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.