Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,285 members, 7,850,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:44 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456231 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 7:47am On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: No no no. You ought to have taken standardized tests at least SAT or the combination (SAT and IELTS or TOEFL and SAT) to show that you're serious and energized for your studies cheesy Which school are you heading to? Nothing wrong saying the school. Basically, it's to guide you and nothing else.
Am heading to berkeley college.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 7:48am On Jul 07, 2014
slimmy05: Its not necessary advising people who are not ready to be open. They want to conceal information they've been warned against.

Go with faith. I wish you success.
Am sorry bro.am heading to berkeley college nyc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 07, 2014
decreamaster:
You don't need to say you're sorry bro. You've made up your mind already. So consider the age and why you're going to for an associate degree? No standardized test, the school is not even ranked.

So I guess you need to pray hard to overcome. I wish you success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by xteemd01: 8:51am On Jul 07, 2014
please, peeps in here abeg I am creating a thread..... I need your opinions please....someone just said a nobel laureate price is won based on money, influence and power. and also who is beta chinua achebe or wole soyinka?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 07, 2014
decreamaster:
Am heading to berkeley college.
That's a community college in Calif. I can only wish you good luck. Not taken a standardized test is a huge drawback.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 9:03am On Jul 07, 2014
slimmy05: One step at a time smiley

Sure! But I kw why I am asking, so i need answers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2014
@feexo why not try this link www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and tract your passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 9:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Gravitonv20:

Yes. It depends entirely on the professor. I know someone at Fisk, he is a research assistant and he is an undergraduate.

Sounds great.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:24am On Jul 07, 2014
Tochium:

Sounds great.
Its on a very rare case. Its usually more of graduate student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2014
All thanks to God in the highest... Nd to my paadi zeezahbee God bless u mucho.. Got my visa granted this morning at Lagos embassy after been denied at first... Transcripts coming soon

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad: All thanks to God in the highest... Nd to my paadi zeezahbee God bless u mucho.. Got my visa granted this morning at Lagos embassy after been denied at first... Transcripts coming soon
congratz. I know you would get it. We are destined to get our passport stamped.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 9:36am On Jul 07, 2014
honeyad: All thanks to God in the highest... Nd to my paadi zeezahbee God bless u mucho.. Got my visa granted this morning at Lagos embassy after been denied at first... Transcripts coming soon
congrats sir

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 07, 2014
Honeym(honeyad),i happy for you ooh!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:43am On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo:

I adore the fact that you remain undaunted by the setback. I like determined and stronge-willed people. Let's do it again man! Between, was it a deliberate attack?

Thanks, man. Yeah, we lost the thread owing to the hacking of Nairaland and its subsequent data loss.

I will start up the thread again after things return to normalcy. My NL handle is a mess, I'm trying to get my previous handle back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 9:45am On Jul 07, 2014
unnamdi79: @feexo why not try this link www.ustraveldocs.com/ng and tract your passport

Bro, I just did that and look what I got:

Passport Status :
There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

Perhaps, the package is only trackable after getting picked up at the embassy. I hope to hear from them by the end of the day sha... This tenterhooks they put me on is quite annoying.

Ashigolo, I suggest you track yours too and let's see how it goes...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:46am On Jul 07, 2014
Amefrica: Graviton has said it all ...he's gonna re-create the thread. cheesy

You'd best believe, bro. I will probably have to revert back to my previous handle (The one without v.2.0.). This present one has been messed up by Seun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Adroitbabz: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2014

Congrats and wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 9:51am On Jul 07, 2014
Honeyad-honeymoon, congratulations on your visa approval!

House, a friend scored 440 in the verbal section of SAT, only to later realize her school requires 450. Although she scored 115 in Toefl. She's applying to schools in Kentucky and Indiana. Is there a chance of getting admitted?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2014
decreamaster:

No standardized tests + Community college I-20...you want to be a customer at the embassy?

I thought we have all sounded a clear note of warning to individuals going to the embassy with Community college I-20s. It is a straight denial. You guys should quit trying to limit God. Don't test the Lord.

I'm sorry for being very blunt. I mean you guys no ill will. You have been advised.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2014
Congratulations, Honeyad. Welcome to the United states.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2014
Gravitonv20:

No standardized tests + Community college I-20...you want to be a customer at the embassy?

I thought we have all sounded a clear note of warning to individuals going to the embassy with Community college I-20s. It is a straight denial. You guys should quit testing God.

I'm sorry for being very blunt. I mean you guys no ill will.
brother,he will get the visa..everybody will.
I don't wish ill luck to any body here.I consider this thread another big family.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo:

Bro, I just did that and look what I got:

Passport Status :
There is no status update available for the passport number submitted.

Perhaps, the package is only trackable after getting picked up at the embassy. I hope to hear from them by the end of the day sha... This tenterhooks they put me on is quite annoying.

Ashigolo, I suggest you track yours too and let's see how it goes...
I just did, it was the same thing i got. 'no status update available for the passport number submitted'. I sent an email to 'passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com' and also got the same. I'll still be expecting sha. Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:02am On Jul 07, 2014
stevecrun: brother,he will get the visa..everybody will.
I don't wish ill luck to any body here.I consider this thread another big family.

Like I stated in the post you quoted (you probably did not read it) I never wished anyone ill will. I consider this thread a family too.

Bolded, you should be realistic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:08am On Jul 07, 2014
congrats bro!. I wish all others success in their interviews. Many visa approvals to come by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo: Honeyad-honeymoon, congratulations on your visa approval!

House, a friend scored 440 in the verbal section of SAT, only to later realize her school requires 450. Although she scored 115 in Toefl. She's applying to schools in Kentucky and Indiana. Is there a chance of getting admitted?
Of course, her TOEFL score is very good. She can apply and will surely get admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by aekmanweb(m): 10:09am On Jul 07, 2014
Visa was denied ds morning at Lagos Embassy, dnt knw what"s wrong....this is my 3rd time, 1st this year.......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 07, 2014
Gravitonv20:

Like I stated in the post you quoted (you probably did not read it) I never wished anyone ill will. I consider this thread a family too.

Bolded, you should be realistic.
no beef my brother,i never said you wished anybody ill luck.
Because,Mr.A does not get a visa with a CC does not mean Uncle B won't.

We are not visa officers,some would give visas for a CC i20,he should know why he choose the college and give those reasons to a visa officer.

We should not just conclude he would be wasting his time going for an interview just because he got addmitted into a Comm.College.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:10am On Jul 07, 2014
aekmanweb: Visa was denied ds morning at Lagos Embassy, dnt knw what"s wrong....this is my 3rd time, 1st this year.......

Sorry about that, bro. Please post your transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 07, 2014
aekmanweb: Visa was denied ds morning at Lagos Embassy, dnt knw what"s wrong....this is my 3rd time, 1st this year.......
why? What went wrong? Share the interview transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:14am On Jul 07, 2014
stevecrun: no beef my brother,i never said you wished anybody ill luck.
Because,Mr.A does not get a visa with a CC does not mean Uncle B won't.

We are not visa officers,some would give visas for a CC i20,he should know why he choose the college and give those reasons to a visa officer.

We should not just conclude he would be wasting his time going for an interview just because he got addmitted into a Comm.College.

I have made my point already, Stevecrun. No need overflogging the issue.

Ask yourself this, why would someone bother going to an embassy with a CC I-20 when there are over 1000 universities and institutions in the U.S. offering 4 year degrees.

What will a CC degree do for you. You think the VOs are fools? The main basis for their judgement is to verify if you will retun back to Nigeria, and how your course will somewhat improve your life and country.

In the words of imperiouxx: anyone who has a university I-20 and is clamouring for others to use CC I-20s is not wishing them well.

Enough said.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 10:15am On Jul 07, 2014

Wow.. Thank be to God in the Highest, I tap from your anointing.. Enjoy Obamaland..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 07, 2014
Gravitonv20:

I have made my point already, Stevecrun. No need overflogging the issue.

Ask yourself this, why would someone bothering going to an embassy with a CC I-20 when there are over 1000 universities and institution in the U.S.

What will a CC degree do for you. You think the VOs are fools?
and ask your self too..
Why would someone who got a visa at the embassy with a high ranking school's i20,be wanting to switch to a community college just because the latter's fees are high.

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.