Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (456250 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:27pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ashigolo: Thanks bro, but @Nnamdi got his visa approved 2nd and got an email on thur(3rd) and as well this morning(6th), that his passport is ready for pickup at DHL.. Though he had his interview in Abuja.

Yes, he got his visa in Abuja.. Not Lagos..
I think lagos is behind in processing the visas.. I'm thinking they recently approved too many visas..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
McKinzie:

Yes, he got his visa in Abuja.. Not Lagos..
I think lagos is behind in processing the visas.. I'm thinking they recently approved too many visas recently..
ohkk..thanks alot bro. Tuesday is almost here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:32pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ashigolo: ohkk..thanks alot bro. Tuesday is almost here.

Yeah, nothing to worry about.. maybe you should be receiving your pickup email tomorrow.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
McKinzie:

Yeah, nothing to worry about.. maybe you should be receiving your pickup email tomorrow.
If I get the email tomorrow during business hours, must i wait till tuesday or I can head there immediately?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ashigolo: If I get the email tomorrow during business hours, must i wait till tuesday or I can head there immediately?

You still need to chill till Tuesday.. That way, it would have been sorted by DHL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
domex007:

I don't understand.. Can you please explain..

If your school resume in August and you pick August date for your interview, All you have to do is to contact the embassy and request for emergency request and you will be giving a date in July for you to pick for your new interview..

Check one of slimmy post, i think he explained it better there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2014
Amerinancy: Will being a volunteer worker in my dads company (I'm not plannng to tell V.O its my dads company) affect me because I actually finished high school 2010 but I lost my mom that year and it really affected me mentally and otherwise. I was in out of the clinic due to shock and grief complications (LOL I'm the only child"winkso I couldn't enroll into any college. It was recently that I started moving on.

Also my dad is based in Abuja although he is always out of the country as an international businessman, so I asked for his account statement which he called his bank branch here in Lagos to release it to me. But while cross checking the statement, I saw that there was a printing mistake on the top of the statement by the right (Diamond bank) which had the curency, opening balance, total debit, total credit, closing balance, debit count and credit count. Now in the column, there was a mistake in which the closing balance column is at the total credit's (the numeric figures on the column actually started from "currency" which is supposed to be NGN)
I have called the bank and the custormer care smiled on phone and said its a printing mistake but that's not a problem that the V.O can flip at the "end of statement" page to see the closing balance.

What do you guys suggest I do because my dad is currently in Germany.

If you still have time, please request for a new statement from your dad's bank
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2014
joenice
See how am going to explain my six years after
graduating high sch
Graduated-2008
But could nt partake in d waec exams due to some
illness
Sat for waec 2009 Went for a 9 month training course on networking
Got a job as a networking assistance 2011-2013
July 2013,i decided to go back to sch for my bachelor
degree
Since then i have been making research and finally here.
Pls wat do u suggest
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2014
Can an undergraduate student be part of a prof's research work?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2014
Tochium: Can an undergraduate student be part of a prof's research work?
One step at a time smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
decreamaster:
graduating high sch
Graduated-2008
illness
degree
Pls wat do u suggest

What course r you going 4?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2014
Walspring:

If your school resume in August and you pick August date for your interview, All you have to do is to contact the embassy and request for emergency request and you will be giving a date in July for you to pick for your new interview..

Check one of slimmy post, i think he explained it better there

Oh, okay.
I get it now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:19am On Jul 07, 2014
Ashigolo: If I get the email tomorrow during business hours, must i wait till tuesday or I can head there immediately?

Ashigolo, I understand exactly how you feel. I faced the same anxiety while I was waiting for mine, a lot of thoughts were going through my head.

Your pickup notification should arrive Monday evening or Tuesday morning. It depends on office responsible for the pickup of international passports from the embassy. I got interviewed on a Thursday and I got my email 4 days after on a Monday, 6:40pm, I picked it up on Tuesday, the next day(I will never forget that day).

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:23am On Jul 07, 2014
Tochium: Can an undergraduate student be part of a prof's research work?

Yes. It depends entirely on the professor. I know someone at Fisk, he is a research assistant and he is an undergraduate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 12:39am On Jul 07, 2014
McKinzie:
I'm talking about the Lagos Embassy. Someone who got approved same day was told to pick up this coming tuesday..Likewise every other person (Most people misinterpreted it for "Pick up in two days"wink.. ... A guy was exempted though, his case was emergency and he was told to pick up this past friday.

Thank you so much for the clarifications. I guess I was too excited to pick out the exact thing the Oyinbo guy said...

Gravitonv20:
Ashigolo, I understand exactly how you feel. I faced the same anxiety while I was waiting for mine, a lot of thoughts were going through my head.
Your pickup notification should arrive Monday evening or Tuesday morning. It depends on office responsible for the pickup of international passports from the embassy. I got interviewed on a Thursday and I got my email 4 days after on a Monday, 6:40pm, I picked it up on Tuesday, the next day(I will never forget that day).

I can begin to start telling you the kind of crazy thoughts going thru my brain... I am glad McKenzie came to the rescue. I got a ticket for $1061 that is on hold till 3pm tomorrow. I guess it is safe to purchase it then...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 12:49am On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo:

Thank you so much for the clarifications. I guess I was too excited to pick out the exact thing the Oyinbo guy said...

I can begin to start telling you the kind of crazy thoughts going thru my brain... I am glad McKenzie came to the rescue. I got a ticket for $1061 that is on hold till 3pm tomorrow. I guess it is safe to purchase it then...

I remember I was so jittery on here during that period that Bimbola, Slimmy and Amefrica threatened to flog me. Even Imperiouxx called me a "woman". cheesy

If you have done all the research on the flight and it is in sync with your arrangements, then I see no reason why you shouldn't carry on.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 1:02am On Jul 07, 2014
Gravitonv20:
I remember I was so jittery on here during that period that Bimbola, Slimmy and Amefrica threatened to flog me. Even Imperiouxx called me a "woman". cheesy
If you have done all the research on the flight and it is in sync with your arrangements, then I see no reason why you shouldn't carry on.

I guess jittery is an understatement for me... grin... Concerning the flight, I am proceeding...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 1:06am On Jul 07, 2014
Amefrica, for an inexplicable reason, I missed your allusion to our discontinued thread. Could you please send me the link to that thread so that I can have it saved somewhere and endure that I post on there from time to time... The fact is, we stand to learn a thing or two therein...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:20am On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo: Amefrica, for an inexplicable reason, I missed your allusion to our discontinued thread. Could you please send me the link to that thread so that I can have it saved somewhere and endure that I post on there from time to time... The fact is, we stand to learn a thing or two therein...

Our thread was wiped clean, it is practically non-existent at this time. We will have to start over from scratch.

All is well. I am not discouraged.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:36am On Jul 07, 2014
slimmy05: Hope you've been reading interview experience here? I want to read your success story dear.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask, as you can see we now have a lot of VO and admission officers in house grin grin
awwwww oshe baba mi. GOD OF OYEDEPO will surely do it for me and everybody in the house. Hugs grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 2:26am On Jul 07, 2014
Gravitonv20:
Our thread was wiped clean, it is practically non-existent at this time. We will have to start over from scratch.
All is well. I am not discouraged.

I adore the fact that you remain undaunted by the setback. I like determined and stronge-willed people. Let's do it again man! Between, was it a deliberate attack?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Godmade: 5:36am On Jul 07, 2014
Good day folks, in a bid to meet up with the last date for registration on my I-20, I applied for an emergency visa interview appointment. Luckily it was approved, but the new date is not available for selection on my ustraveldocs dashboard, pls I need help, as the date is fast approaching.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:01am On Jul 07, 2014
domex007:

What course r you going 4?
Information technology management
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:27am On Jul 07, 2014
decreamaster:
graduating high sch
Graduated-2008
illness
degree
Pls wat do u suggest
Greeting. What was the illness and how old are you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 6:47am On Jul 07, 2014
Godmade: Good day folks, in a bid to meet up with the last date for registration on my I-20, I applied for an emergency visa interview appointment. Luckily it was approved, but the new date is not available for selection on my ustraveldocs dashboard, pls I need help, as the date is fast approaching.

Have you cancel the one you first scheduled? You have to cancelled that before you can proceed to the emergency appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: Greeting. What was the illness and how old are you?
Typhoid
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: Greeting. What was the illness and how old are you?
Typhoid
Am 25
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 07, 2014
decreamaster:
Typhoid
Am 25
Ok, you say typhoid (fever), your age is okay. I think you will get it wink

Pray that the VO does not know much about IT, if not, you should expect a question on that. Most of all, pray for luck. smiley

On a final note, hope you're not going to the embassy with community college stuff? Did you take any standardized tests?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 7:12am On Jul 07, 2014
Joenice: Ok, you say typhoid (fever), your age is okay. I think you will get it wink

Pray that who will interview does not know much IT, if not, you should expect a question on that. Most of all, pray for luck. smiley

On a final note, hope you're not going to the embassy with community college stuff? Did you take any standardized tests?
Am going with an accredited college and no standardized test since the sch exempt it for nigeria students and also it has been stated on my f-i20 that i ave all english proficiency.coz i sent dem ma transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 07, 2014
decreamaster:
Am going with an accredited college and no standardized test since the sch exempt it for nigeria students and also it has been stated on my f-i20 that i ave all english proficiency.coz i sent dem ma transcript
No no no. You ought to have taken standardized tests at least SAT or the combination (SAT and IELTS or TOEFL and SAT) to show that you're serious and energized for your studies cheesy Which school are you heading to? Nothing wrong saying the school. Basically, it's to guide you and nothing else.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 07, 2014
Feexo: Amefrica, for an inexplicable reason, I missed your allusion to our discontinued thread. Could you please send me the link to that thread so that I can have it saved somewhere and endure that I post on there from time to time... The fact is, we stand to learn a thing or two therein...
Graviton has said it all ...he's gonna re-create the thread. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2014
decreamaster:
Its not necessary advising people who are not ready to be open. They want to conceal information they've been warned against.

Go with faith. I wish you success.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.