Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (281) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454712 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by baggylips(m): 4:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Pls house....i was denied on thurs this week and I want to reapply but the date m' seeing is too far for the both embassies.The latest date available is 12 august but my school resumes 21st Aug.Pls I want to know if m' eligible to apply for expedited interview cos what I read on their website said something about the ineligibility of those that have been previously denied within the last 6 months.Thanks for anticipated assistance?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
baggylips: Pls house....i was denied on thurs this week and I want to reapply but the date m' seeing is too far for the both embassies.The latest date available is 12 august but my school resumes 21st Aug.Pls I want to know if m' eligible to apply for expedited interview cos what I read on their website said something about the ineligibility of those that have been previously denied within the last 6 months.Thanks for anticipated assistance?
you can apply and try your luck, but you know once you're denied within the last 6months it won't be granted. Try and keep checking the portal you might find a closer date. Just keep checking preferably during midnight.

Try and email your school to see if they will grant you extension, once they grant your extension notice, then you're fine without emergency appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 4:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=Rijo02]

Na so bt it depends on departure date. Mine na 31st July. When u traveling? [/quote

Mine is 25th...eh pain me!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=Sponge3][/quote]

Noth man......u definitely will get filled with ur journey with or without a NLder.
Safe.......Gona read ur POE experience. LOL!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 4:54pm On Jul 12, 2014
amanze15: GRE for $195 now?!
yeah, u cud check ETS website for more details
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 4:58pm On Jul 12, 2014
baggylips: Pls house....i was denied on thurs this week and I want to reapply but the date m' seeing is too far for the both embassies.The latest date available is 12 august but my school resumes 21st Aug.Pls I want to know if m' eligible to apply for expedited interview cos what I read on their website said something about the ineligibility of those that have been previously denied within the last 6 months.Thanks for anticipated assistance?

Check at mid night... You would likely get a closer date..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojsenior: 5:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
slimmy05: you can apply and try your luck, but you know once you're denied within the last 6months it won't be granted. Try and keep checking the portal you might find a closer date. Just keep checking preferably during midnight.

Try and email your school to see if they will grant you extension, once they grant your extension notice, then you're fine without emergency appointment
This is not always true. You can be granted visa any day and weeks after initial denial. If you believe and you have a reason to convince the VO that you have fixed the initial reason for denied.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by unnamdi79(m): 5:31pm On Jul 12, 2014
House,please can you suggest schools for someone going for Msc in chemical engineering with a g.p of 2 .7-3.0/5.0. And also he has refused to write GRE.please I need urgent replies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
[quote author=ojsenior][/quote] Did you read his response or your mb expiring soon and decided to comment?

If you cannot read properly, then please do not quote me unnecessarily
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 5:41pm On Jul 12, 2014
House, is the yellow card compulsory for those leaving for the U.S.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Sponge3(m): 5:46pm On Jul 12, 2014
Feexo: House, is the yellow card compulsory for those leaving for the U.S.?
Feexo God bless u...just the question I wanted to ask!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 6:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Feexo: House, is the yellow card compulsory for those leaving for the U.S.?

Most schools require you take your shots and vaccinations before resuming or registering for classes. From what I have gathered it is not required at the POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ojsenior: 6:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
slimmy05: Did you read his response or your mb expiring soon and decided to comment?

I beg your pardon, I am not arguing with you but responded to the 6 months wait period in your comment if a visa is denied. "but you know once you're denied within the last 6months it won't be granted" . mb Ko, megabyte ni
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
ojsenior:
I beg your pardon, I am not arguing with you but responded to the 6 months wait period in your comment if a visa is denied. "but you know once you're denied within the last 6months it won't be granted" . mb Ko, megabyte ni
you see why its not good to jump into conversation without properly checking the line of comment. Now quote me again.

I hope you're not that dull to go back to the previous post and make amends. Now are we talking about visa or emergency appointment? Revisit my post and make amends and stop being silly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 6:37pm On Jul 12, 2014
Datanonymous: I can afford all 3 I have found sir!

That's good then go for Emirate then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
Graviton2:

Most schools require you take your shots and vaccinations before resuming or registering for classes. From what I have gathered it is not required at the POE.
Very correct, before I would be allowed to register for classes, I would need to tender the medical report of vaccination.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by busyinks(f): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2014
Theflint1: yeah, within ur service year(just guessing Dats ur next step, though u cud still make fall 2015) u cud write d standardized rests and get all necessary documents ready, most likely get ur transcript evaluated within the period. The results for the tests are valid for about 2-4 years.
I appreciate yu more sir, for makn out tym to answer my question, God bless you sir, sori to disturb yu, I dnt rily av schools in mind nw
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 7:08pm On Jul 12, 2014
Slimmy can you please let it slide.. I guess he didn't understand you earlier you were talking about emergency bookings...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 12, 2014
Slimmy05 and Ojsenior..it's okay.

Make una die it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
honeyad: Slimmy can you please let it slide.. I guess he didn't understand you earlier you were talking about emergency bookings...
Only if he had heed to my first advice
slimmy05: Did you read his response or your mb expiring soon and decided to comment?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 7:20pm On Jul 12, 2014
busyinks:
I appreciate yu more sir, for makn out tym to answer my question, God bless you sir, sori to disturb yu, I dnt rily av schools in mind nw
That I really can't help u with, Google wud do d magic, try us news(a website) though.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
unnamdi79: House,please can you suggest schools for someone going for Msc in chemical engineering with a g.p of 2 .7-3.0/5.0. And also he has refused to write GRE.please I need urgent replies

What is he afraid of?
If he can't take such steps how is going to cope in America?
That'd very lazy on his part
Unless you want to attend a mushroom university (which I'm sure no one wants to waste millions on)
I suggest you give him a jolt and tell him the reality.

I would have suggested Canada since he doesn't want standardized test but his gp is too low for consideration to the good schools.
He should just do the needful.
Life ain't a smooth ride

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Bolakale66(m): 10:16pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hi, house I'm preparing for for interview, please what are the possible questions and answers that a consular can ask?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Bolakale66: Hi, house I'm preparing for for interview, please what are the possible questions and answers that a consular can ask?
read interview transcripts. Start from page one and you will be fine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:30pm On Jul 12, 2014
slimmy05: Very correct, before I would be allowed to register for classes, I would need to tender the medical report of vaccination.

Yeah. Exactly — I had to consult my school to get that information. The schools usually send a list of vaccinations to be taken, this is sent along with your admission packet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:32pm On Jul 12, 2014
Wow! So many hidden posts. What happened while I was away?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2014
Graviton2: Wow! So many hidden posts. What happened while I was away?

Yea... Go buy the CD for hidden posts and you will know what happened while you were away... grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.