Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (454709 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2014
Congratz Goldenchic and mjseun(send me a PM)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 11:06am On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: My visa was approved dis morning at Lagos Embassy. GLORY BE TO GOD OF BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO

Wow, slimmy05 was trying to point you to me but you already left. Congrats gal. Mine was approved too this morning. Which State are you heading?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ishowdels(m): 11:08am On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: My visa was approved dis morning at Lagos Embassy. GLORY BE TO GOD OF BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO

Congratulations once again....... amerinancy,goldenchic aand Mjseun....share your transcripts fully oooo.....the house is waiting
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 11:11am On Jul 21, 2014
slimmy05: Congratz Goldenchic and mjseun(send me a PM)

Replied already bro. Check your in box
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 11:21am On Jul 21, 2014
Congrat Mjseun and goldenchic.

goldenchic, I am really interested in your transcript. So happy for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2014
Where are the transcripts na?We are salivating!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2014
juntod:

Congrats.. bring the transcript sharp sharp.
thank you I will drop it as its still hot on the fire
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Amerinancy(f): 11:33am On Jul 21, 2014
juntod:

Congrats.. bring the transcript sharp sharp.
thank you, I will drop it as its still hot on the fire.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Feexo: 11:36am On Jul 21, 2014
Goldenchic, congratulations sis! Welcome on board. Please, we are waiting for your transcript. And that goes for Amerinancy and Mjseun. I declare that others going for their interview this month shall come back with positive transcripts and good news by the grace of God. Can I get an amen?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:38am On Jul 21, 2014
Feexo: Goldenchic, congratulations sis! Welcome on board. Please, we are waiting for your transcript. And that goes for Amerinancy and Mjseun. I declare that others going for their interview this month shall come back with positive transcripts and good news by the grace of God. Can I get an amen?
AMEN!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 11:51am On Jul 21, 2014
Mjseun:

Wow, slimmy05 was trying to point you to me but you already left. Congrats gal. Mine was approved too this morning. Which State are you heading?
maryland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 12:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
Visa interview at Lagos Consulate 6:30am appointment time.

Got there 6:05am. Did all accreditation and was set for interview. The interview didn't start until 8:15am as a result of their system not coming up. Lol

At some minutes 9pm my number A025 popped up (windows 2). And was attended to by a smallish white guy with his cup of tea. Interview goes thus:

VO: good morning
Me: good morning (I no fit put Sir, coz d guy small die, I'm pretty sure I'm older than him) smiles
VO: why are you going to UofF?
Me: based on my research on the Internet and after reading a lot of reviews about UFL I decided I was going to the uni. I'm going there coz have heard of the good deeds, high quality research and teaching and UFL is highly ranked amongst other US universities.
VO: where did you get this info?
Me: Washington magazine, US news and World report. The vo nodding his head.
VO: which other Uni falls in same category with UFL?
Me: UFL,Uof Arizona........ but UFL is highly ranked than the schls I mentioned
VO: so why UFL
Me: UFL is ranked 2nd after Cornell Uni in my area of research.
VO: what's your area of interest
Me: Agronomy and Crop Science (Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology option)
VO:did you write any test?
Me: yes, GRE and gave it to him.
VO: U are being sponsored by the Federal Gov of Nigeria (TETFUND) thru your work place.
Me: yes
VO: any letter of sponsorship?
Me:yes, gave it to him
VO: flipped thru
VO: how long are you staying in the US?
Me: 4years or so, going for a PhD program
VO: oh! So what's your dissertation all about?
Me: epigenetic and genetic study of some Nitrogen fixing bacteria associated with.......... actually going to work on biofuel plant.
VO: your visa is approved, handed a white paper to me. go to so so and so to get it on Thursday
Me: thank you and I did a sign of yes with my right thumb to him.

Packed by stuff and bounced out saying thank you Jesus continuously

I just want to blessed God for the journey so far. Have being telling God that I must drop my good transcript before we get to page 500 of this season 5 and he actually answered my prayers. His indeed an ever faithful God.

As for many of you still going for ur interview may the favour of God go with you in Jesus name. Go get your visa.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Stewee:

Was in that school in 2008...
I dint say their academics suck but the way they taught and stuff sure sucks to me.
100L was enough eye opener for me.
Even in 2008, social life in that school was almost Zero.
The only way to ease out stress was through the Church...
Big props to all of you that went there.

You are joking right?

Perhaps you were dropped in 100 Level due to low GPA.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mjseun: Visa interview at Lagos Consulate 6:30am appointment time.

Got there 6:05am. Did all accreditation and was set for interview. The interview didn't start until 8:15am as a result of their system not coming up. Lol

At some minutes 9pm my number A025 popped up (windows 2). And was attended to by a smallish white guy with his cup of tea. Interview goes thus:

Me: good morning (I no fit put Sir, coz d guy small die, I'm pretty sure I'm older than him) smiles
Me: based on my research on the Internet and after reading a lot of reviews about UFL I decided I was going to the uni. I'm going there coz have heard of the good deeds, high quality research and teaching and UFL is highly ranked amongst other US universities.
VO: U are being sponsored by the Federal Gov of Nigeria (TETFUND) thru your work place.
Me: epigenetic and genetic study of some Nitrogen fixing bacteria associated with.......... actually going to work on biofuel plant.
VO: your visa is approved, handed a white paper to me. go to so so and so to get it on Thursday

I just want to blessed God for the journey so far. Have being telling God that I must drop my good transcript before we get to page 500 of this season 5 and he actually answered my prayers. His indeed a ever faithful God.

As for many of you still going for ur interview may the favour of God go with you in Jesus name. Go get your visa.
Nice transcript.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by cutelekush01: 12:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
Nice Transcript with Federal Govt backing though na baba God do am

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mrnilobrawn: 12:36pm On Jul 21, 2014
Amefrica: To God be the glory!

This journey actually started last year October. US denied me 3 times. Oct 3, Oct 22 and Jan 3 I was placed on administrative processing then finally denied after some weeks.

Ferdimako, I really thank you. You let me develop interest in Canada, so I joined the thread and quickly caught up.

After getting vast experience I decided to apply, which I was denied on May 10, I didn't give up, I re applied a week after my app got refused. I'm glad to let y'all know my Canadian Student VISA has been approved today..

To those who we started this journey together (most now in US) I thank you all.

Special thanks to Ojap, Imperiouxx, Bigfrancis, RickyRozay, MsNas, Kofsy, Walspring, Graviton, godG, Babysimzy, Bimbola85, Gr8ever, Johnnyp, Lisadem, Fadinus infact I no fit mention yall finish..

#Resilience #Perseverance #Persistence #Prayer

#TeamCanada

#TeamUSA
#TeamMinnesota
#TeamFinalDestination

Love y'all

Your name should be victor......congratz man. Interesting testimony..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 12:43pm On Jul 21, 2014
Congrats boss and boss ladies Mjseun, amerinancy and goldenchic..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2014
Amerinancy: Visa granted this morning my transcripts coming soon

Congratulations!!!!
smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
FutureDon:

You are joking right?

Perhaps you were dropped in 100 Level due to low GPA.

Dropped in 100Level for GPA?
Bro plz don't insult me.

I don't like to brag!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:04pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mjseun: Visa approved......... thank you Jesus!

Transcript coming soon.
#TeamUniversityofFlorida, #TeamUSA

Congrats Seun!!!
See you in Florida!!!!!!!
#Awesome

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:09pm On Jul 21, 2014

Congratulation boo!!!!
Well done!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:10pm On Jul 21, 2014
slimmy05: Congratz Goldenchic and mjseun(send me a PM)

Slimmy05...Go get that visa!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by johnnypaul927: 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2014
my interview tomorrow morning at Lagos 6:30am who is going with me to get his/her visa? need your prayers house and i want to ask, i have in my i-20 form Psychology, general what should i fill in my ds-160? only psychology or PSYCHOLOGY, GENERAL? IF are in my batch of those will will get theirs tomorrow want to see you say ITS GRANTED!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
johnnypaul927: my interview tomorrow morning at Lagos 6:30am who is going with me to get his/her visa? need your prayers house and i want to ask, i have in my i-20 form Psychology, general what should i fill in my ds-160? only psychology or PSYCHOLOGY, GENERAL? IF are in my batch of those will will get theirs tomorrow want to see you say ITS GRANTED!!!

PSYCHOLOGY is okay but if you included the General, no problem as well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by zeezahbee(f): 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2014
all this visa they are sharing, chaiii. congrats americanancy, mjseun and goldenchic. welcome to america.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 1:21pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mjseun: Visa interview at Lagos Consulate 6:30am appointment time.

I just want to blessed God for the journey so far. Have being telling God that I must drop my good transcript before we get to page 500 of this season 5 and he actually answered my prayers. His indeed a ever faithful God.

Well done!!!
You had no trouble convincing the VO you knew what you where going there to do.
When VO's sense this, it's almost impossible for a denial.

Prospective students hitting the embassy soon should learn something from this and all other transcripts.

MjSeun God has done great and wonderful works for you...It is marvelous in our sight.

When you resuming?
Go get your plane ticket joor let's travel together. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
johnnypaul927: my interview tomorrow morning at Lagos 6:30am who is going with me to get his/her visa? need your prayers house and i want to ask, i have in my i-20 form Psychology, general what should i fill in my ds-160? only psychology or PSYCHOLOGY, GENERAL? IF are in my batch of those will will get theirs tomorrow want to see you say ITS GRANTED!!!
fill on your ds160 what's stated on your i20 and when asked too,please say what's on your i20.

Never state otherwise.Goodluck,tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by FutureDon(m): 1:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
Stewee:

Dropped in 100Level for GPA?
Bro plz don't insult me.

I don't like to brag!

E ma binu sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 1:52pm On Jul 21, 2014
I thank the God of Bishop David Oyedepo for this strange Favour and my new friend Slimmy 05. God bless you for helping me and to everyone in the house. Love ya plenty. My strange Transcript
Vo:are you qolden chic?
Me: yes ma
Vo: how many companies hv u worked with?
Me: 3 glo ,Guinness, consolidated breweries
Vo:who is sponsoring u?
Me: my mum
Vo: what does she do?
Me: she is a business woman, managing director and chairman of Glory ventures* vo cuts in*
Vo: pick up your visa(pass me one white paper)
This is God at work. Praise the Lord!

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dimmy08: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: I thank the God of Bishop David Oyedepo for this strange Favour and my new friend Slimmy 05. God bless you for helping me and to everyone in the house. Love ya plenty. My strange Transcript
Me: she is a business woman, managing director and chairman of Glory ventures* vo cuts in*

Just like that?...that is what I call UNCOMMON FAVOUR! Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: I thank the God of Bishop David Oyedepo for this strange Favour and my new friend Slimmy 05. God bless you for helping me and to everyone in the house. Love ya plenty. My strange Transcript
i tap into this testimony..Exceeding grace;strange works..

Congrats boo.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2014

Just like that? Wow shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.