Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,380 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455477 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 6:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
Theflint1: wow! nairaland got 80% today...on d average hw many gets approved a day?
just found out today alone o last month was 43 F1 stds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
domex007:

You can get a little paper gum.. Just a little, so it can be removed easily..

You don't have to gum it. Just go there and submit them separately. They will do everything correctly for you. I stapled mine but they pulled it off.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 6:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
ebdib:

No email. Just did

In that case, check your spam/junk folder. I just sent another email now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: Congratulations once again. Just 9 visas were approved at the student visa today. F1 only. For d 6.30am only

Did you wait to count all those that got visa 2day?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: At joe u r very right. I was a spy before will just read transcript dats all. When I joined I met Slimmy( fine lepa boy) who helped me with everything. PLS HOUSE SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO SLIMMY FOR ME. GOD BLESS YOU MY NEW FRIEND.
Yes. Slimmy is a really nigga. There are other handsome guys here cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by genxris: 6:51pm On Jul 21, 2014
After these weeks of rigorous preparation for my F1 visa interview at Abuja today... We got there but there system was so so sluggish and not many people were attended to ,finally they asked us to reschedule our interview choosing either 24th or 31st July dates. That's what majority of us did and left.
With the hunger and eagerness and anxiety of the day .
What will be will still definitely be.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
genxris: After these weeks of rigorous preparation for my F1 visa interview at Abuja today... We got there but there system was so so sluggish and not many people were attended to ,finally they asked us to reschedule our interview choosing either 24th or 31st July dates. That's what majority of us did and left.
With the hunger and eagerness and anxiety of the day .
What will be will still definitely be.
Brother, i can see how that is getting you down. That sounds like a total bummer cheesy Just pray for success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by richard4ssky: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
Please house I want to fine out if Murray state
university is a good school hop is not a red flag
university at the embassy cause I am abt applying
there now......
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2014
RexNdubest:
Bro, do they provide gum there or I should look for where I can buy any liquid gum to perform the bolded.
Thanks!

Just staple the damn thing. Ur good!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2014
honeyad:

Just go with your passport.. If its necessary for them to staple for you, they will... Don't mind those at the gate telling you to staple 2 passport with your ds160 confirmation page

Please try not to staple your eyes like I did.
Carry extra if you have to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2014
Go ahead and apply. Nothing to wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
domex007:

Did you wait to count all those that got visa 2day?
ko le ye e.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joenice: Yes. Slimmy is a really nigga. There are other handsome guys here cheesy
na Slimmy fine pass.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2014
House who dey go Washington Dc ?make we lap abeg ooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by STENON(f): 7:27pm On Jul 21, 2014
wow....I'm very api for you all...@ Goldenchick, Teddyrain and others...Congrats, Enjoy, be more focus with ur Studies and flex well in America ...

Hmmmm.......2015, make you come fast Fast o.......

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: House who dey go Washington Dc ?make we lap abeg ooo
Hahaha, funny girl. Go and take Malaysian flight cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by repsin(m): 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2014

wait for me na. I'm going to American university for spring 2015.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joenice: Hahaha, funny girl. Go and take Malaysian flight cheesy
lmao! Joe so ara e ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:55pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mjseun: Visa interview at Lagos Consulate 6:30am appointment time.

Got there 6:05am. Did all accreditation and was set for interview. The interview didn't start until 8:15am as a result of their system not coming up. Lol

At some minutes 9pm my number A025 popped up (windows 2). And was attended to by a smallish white guy with his cup of tea. Interview goes thus:

VO: good morning
Me: good morning (I no fit put Sir, coz d guy small die, I'm pretty sure I'm older than him) smiles
VO: why are you going to UofF?
Me: based on my research on the Internet and after reading a lot of reviews about UFL I decided I was going to the uni. I'm going there coz have heard of the good deeds, high quality research and teaching and UFL is highly ranked amongst other US universities.
VO: where did you get this info?
Me: Washington magazine, US news and World report. The vo nodding his head.
VO: which other Uni falls in same category with UFL?
Me: UFL,Uof Arizona........ but UFL is highly ranked than the schls I mentioned
VO: so why UFL
Me: UFL is ranked 2nd after Cornell Uni in my area of research.
VO: what's your area of interest
Me: Agronomy and Crop Science (Plant Molecular and Cellular Biology option)
VO:did you write any test?
Me: yes, GRE and gave it to him.
VO: U are being sponsored by the Federal Gov of Nigeria (TETFUND) thru your work place.
Me: yes
VO: any letter of sponsorship?
Me:yes, gave it to him
VO: flipped thru
VO: how long are you staying in the US?
Me: 4years or so, going for a PhD program
VO: oh! So what's your dissertation all about?
Me: epigenetic and genetic study of some Nitrogen fixing bacteria associated with.......... actually going to work on biofuel plant.
VO: your visa is approved, handed a white paper to me. go to so so and so to get it on Thursday
Me: thank you and I did a sign of yes with my right thumb to him.

Packed by stuff and bounced out saying thank you Jesus continuously

I just want to blessed God for the journey so far. Have being telling God that I must drop my good transcript before we get to page 500 of this season 5 and he actually answered my prayers. His indeed a ever faithful God.

As for many of you still going for ur interview may the favour of God go with you in Jesus name. Go get your visa.

Congrats Mjseun. Welcome to the US and Success in your studies.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2014
goldenchic: I thank the God of Bishop David Oyedepo for this strange Favour and my new friend Slimmy 05. God bless you for helping me and to everyone in the house. Love ya plenty. My strange Transcript
Vo:are you qolden chic?
Me: yes ma
Vo: how many companies hv u worked with?
Me: 3 glo ,Guinness, consolidated breweries
Vo:who is sponsoring u?
Me: my mum
Vo: what does she do?
Me: she is a business woman, managing director and chairman of Glory ventures* vo cuts in*
Vo: pick up your visa(pass me one white paper)
This is God at work. Praise the Lord!

Wow.....U really golden chic? Interesting. Congrats babe n have a nice stay in the Washington.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oghenegano: 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello nairalander....my GRE score is 270 and i was offered admission buh am scared if d VO will make a comment on dat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Rijo02: 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2014
teddyrain: Chapter 1
I want to use this medium to praise God almighty for this marvelous thing he has done for me. It is not enough to express my gratitude in words but just to praise him and serve him with all my life.

I could remember actually posting "Visa approved transcript coming soon" but guys, the truth is that as at then I have not actually gotten my visa, but claiming by faith.
My visa interview is the sweetest nairaland has ever read. I call it "Divine appointment"
I will never forget yesterday being sunday 20th july, 2014. As I approached into the church auditorium of the Redeemed church of God which I visited, not the church I go, the pastor said "there is a particular person here people have ridiculed you but God said I should tell you that tomorrow you will smile" I quickly stood up and shouted a thunderous Amen! Which made the whole church turn and was like WTF! But I knew what I was doing. I kept on professing faith, claiming I have gotten my visa.

Chapter 1
It was blissful this early morning at exactly 2:45am as I woke up, as I was scheduled for 6:30am. I have been claiming Gods promises and confessing I have my visa, while looking in the mirror as I dressed up in just a simple while shirt. My dad said "hey boy I know you aint a kid but I'm going to the embassy with you this time. They must give you that visa" I smiled and said its okay. And we left.

Chapter 2

We got to the embassy around 5:10am and saw some few people already there. I plugged in earphones into my ear and started playing cecee winans and then "fighting temptation" then frank edwards.
In no less time they started making announcements about immigrants and non immigrants, Amerinancy called me on phone and I asked her which school and to my awe, she was going to my school too in illinois. I then asked her where she was and she said on the way for 9am I wished her luck and I quickly gave my dad my phone and marched forward. I was the fourth person to be cleared, while others being novice were looking 4 stapler to pin their documents. As an experienced guy denied while hunting 4 a CC on the 14th of April this year, I knew all the procedures and I even removed my belt before even sitting down.
They came to the first row and picked five of us, including one indian guy applying for f1 from Nigeria.
We moved into the embassy proper and we got to the "remove belt etc" and because my belt was out already, I just dropped it together with my documents and moved over the search machine and sharply picked up my belt sharply and wore it back, while other guys were busy claiming fine boy wearing belt LoL!
I maneuvered the two guys before me and I became second to step into the consulate arena. I pressed the "A" button and picked No A002. Went in, submitted documents and also did bio-metrics, then sat down for interview proper, while other were coming in.
While waiting, I looked back and saw a lady carrying "Liberty admission packet" I then remembered that "Goldenchic" once asked a question and also posted a pre transcript stating it as one of the best christian school.
I then said excuse me miss, are you a nairalander? And she said yes. We exchanged pleasantries and she told me slimmy is one handsome slim boy and I told him to message him that "if I catch am eh" LMAO!
Just as we were speaking my number flashed on the screen. What I'm about to say in the next chapter, will put I you in awe. When God wants to give you favour even the consular or any gadget there will obey you.

Chapter 3
This is so sweet to be an interview
As my number popped up at window 5, I moved there and a young man in his mid thirties was there

VO: why do you want to go monmouth college?

Me: asides from being ranked as one of the best liberal art colleges by USnews and best in midwest by Princeton reviews, this college has one of the best accounting programs of any liberal art college...... VO Cuts in

VO: now you are giving me a memorized speech. What made you choose this college?

Me: one advantage about this college is that you are allowed to double major...... VO cuts in

VO: why did you change school?

Me: well I was denied last time....VO cuts in

VO: yea I Can see that here.

Me: can I continue?

VO: sure

Me: I changed school because the VO adviced me to because the CC was not really good and then I was a novice then but now I have done a proper research and I have chosen the best school that suits me.

VO: I can see you are on scholarship?

VO: how did you get this scholarship?

Me: the school contacted my high school, and interacted with my principal, he was also asked of a recommendation letter, also I wrote a personal essay and they reviewed my transcripts

VO: can I see your WAEC?

ME: (passes it to him)

VO: (looking at it like say shit dey inside and then uses a blue light to check the authenticity) okay do you have your scholarship letter?

ME: yes (passes it)

VO: (glances through) okay who is sponsoring you?

ME: my father

VO: what does he do?

ME: He is a successful businessman into ********* and also a marketer and distributor of ********

VO: OH! I see. You have been volunteering?

ME: yea

VO: why have you not been in school since 2009 you finished

ME: (forms emotional face) well I have always wanted to study in US to get the best education but after high school my dad had a financial challenge which made me unable to attend college, but in order to still keep my dreams alive I decided to work as a volunteer worker in vogues studio, a recording studio where I worked in the marketing department. After I left there and I have been working in bleep ent Nig LtD to enhance my knowledge in business.

VO: oh! Good

The shake able miracle then happened.
Immediately after interviewing me, their network tripped off.
Goldenchic can testify to this. I was then told to go and sit down while he verifies something (na lie him use that opportunity wey light trip off go chop. na hungry dey catch am and I catch am with a cup of coffee dey laugh with him colleagues)

Me: (my heart started shaking and I was like "so as network go off them go start all over interview me)

Goldenchic told me to calm down that I should not shake

20 mins later they resumed and my number popped up, only for the guy to say those golden words "you will need this pick up letter to get your visa bla bla bla, and returned my i20 and said I will need it at the point of entry and then said good luck safe journey to the states. I was like person wey win jackpot. It was then I sighted Amerinancy sitting down waiting to be interviewed chai that babe tall come fine oh!
I want to give God all the glory because its his marvelous doing (never asked of statement, never asked of standardized test the only document I brought out was WAEC and my scholarship letter and he never even allowed me to explain myself before always cutting in. He was like "oboy I have been sent to give you visa no need for long talks"

Thank you guy nairalanders are wonderful @Walspring who would call me to advice and encourage me, I say a big thanks God bless you.

And to all going soon @walspring, slimmy, etc may God make your transcript sweeter than mine IJN amen.

Make I go studio joor go release album LMFAO!

Today was really a day made for u. Congrats and Success in ur studies. Still hold tight the Lord that lifted you.
Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2014
richard4ssky: Please house I want to fine out if Murray state
university is a good school hop is not a red flag
university at the embassy cause I am abt applying
there now......

Its not a red flag uni, na gree flag grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2014

If Obama catch u... U wan lap reach hin city angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by oghenegano: 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Hello nairalander....my GRE score is 270 and i was offerred admission study Computer Information Science at masters level buh i have a good bsc in Geology...buh am scared if d VO will make a comment on dat....can someone advice me pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 8:08pm On Jul 21, 2014
Joenice: Hahaha, funny girl. Go and take Malaysian flight cheesy

Joe.. Abeg comot the nice for your name angry Malaysian airline wey dem dey shoot down anyhow... She's a goldenchic so she's going with delta airline grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2014
I
teddyrain: Chapter 1
I want to use this medium to praise God almighty for this marvelous thing he has done for me. It is not enough to express my gratitude in words but just to praise him and serve him with all my life.

I could remember actually posting "Visa approved transcript coming soon" but guys, the truth is that as at then I have not actually gotten my visa, but claiming by faith.
My visa interview is the sweetest nairaland has ever read. I call it "Divine appointment"
I will never forget yesterday being sunday 20th july, 2014. As I approached into the church auditorium of the Redeemed church of God which I visited, not the church I go, the pastor said "there is a particular person here people have ridiculed you but God said I should tell you that tomorrow you will smile" I quickly stood up and shouted a thunderous Amen! Which made the whole church turn and was like WTF! But I knew what I was doing. I kept on professing faith, claiming I have gotten my visa.

Chapter 1
It was blissful this early morning at exactly 2:45am as I woke up, as I was scheduled for 6:30am. I have been claiming Gods promises and confessing I have my visa, while looking in the mirror as I dressed up in just a simple while shirt. My dad said "hey boy I know you aint a kid but I'm going to the embassy with you this time. They must give you that visa" I smiled and said its okay. And we left.

Chapter 2

We got to the embassy around 5:10am and saw some few people already there. I plugged in earphones into my ear and started playing cecee winans and then "fighting temptation" then frank edwards.
In no less time they started making announcements about immigrants and non immigrants, Amerinancy called me on phone and I asked her which school and to my awe, she was going to my school too in illinois. I then asked her where she was and she said on the way for 9am I wished her luck and I quickly gave my dad my phone and marched forward. I was the fourth person to be cleared, while others being novice were looking 4 stapler to pin their documents. As an experienced guy denied while hunting 4 a CC on the 14th of April this year, I knew all the procedures and I even removed my belt before even sitting down.
They came to the first row and picked five of us, including one indian guy applying for f1 from Nigeria.
We moved into the embassy proper and we got to the "remove belt etc" and because my belt was out already, I just dropped it together with my documents and moved over the search machine and sharply picked up my belt sharply and wore it back, while other guys were busy claiming fine boy wearing belt LoL!
I maneuvered the two guys before me and I became second to step into the consulate arena. I pressed the "A" button and picked No A002. Went in, submitted documents and also did bio-metrics, then sat down for interview proper, while other were coming in.
While waiting, I looked back and saw a lady carrying "Liberty admission packet" I then remembered that "Goldenchic" once asked a question and also posted a pre transcript stating it as one of the best christian school.
I then said excuse me miss, are you a nairalander? And she said yes. We exchanged pleasantries and she told me slimmy is one handsome slim boy and I told him to message him that "if I catch am eh" LMAO!
Just as we were speaking my number flashed on the screen. What I'm about to say in the next chapter, will put I you in awe. When God wants to give you favour even the consular or any gadget there will obey you.

Chapter 3
This is so sweet to be an interview
As my number popped up at window 5, I moved there and a young man in his mid thirties was there

VO: why do you want to go monmouth college?

Me: asides from being ranked as one of the best liberal art colleges by USnews and best in midwest by Princeton reviews, this college has one of the best accounting programs of any liberal art college...... VO Cuts in

VO: now you are giving me a memorized speech. What made you choose this college?

Me: one advantage about this college is that you are allowed to double major...... VO cuts in

VO: why did you change school?

Me: well I was denied last time....VO cuts in

VO: yea I Can see that here.

Me: can I continue?

VO: sure

Me: I changed school because the VO adviced me to because the CC was not really good and then I was a novice then but now I have done a proper research and I have chosen the best school that suits me.

VO: I can see you are on scholarship?

VO: how did you get this scholarship?

Me: the school contacted my high school, and interacted with my principal, he was also asked of a recommendation letter, also I wrote a personal essay and they reviewed my transcripts

VO: can I see your WAEC?

ME: (passes it to him)

VO: (looking at it like say shit dey inside and then uses a blue light to check the authenticity) okay do you have your scholarship letter?

ME: yes (passes it)

VO: (glances through) okay who is sponsoring you?

ME: my father

VO: what does he do?

ME: He is a successful businessman into ********* and also a marketer and distributor of ********

VO: OH! I see. You have been volunteering?

ME: yea

VO: why have you not been in school since 2009 you finished

ME: (forms emotional face) well I have always wanted to study in US to get the best education but after high school my dad had a financial challenge which made me unable to attend college, but in order to still keep my dreams alive I decided to work as a volunteer worker in vogues studio, a recording studio where I worked in the marketing department. After I left there and I have been working in bleep ent Nig LtD to enhance my knowledge in business.

VO: oh! Good

The shake able miracle then happened.
Immediately after interviewing me, their network tripped off.
Goldenchic can testify to this. I was then told to go and sit down while he verifies something (na lie him use that opportunity wey light trip off go chop. na hungry dey catch am and I catch am with a cup of coffee dey laugh with him colleagues)

Me: (my heart started shaking and I was like "so as network go off them go start all over interview me)

Goldenchic told me to calm down that I should not shake

20 mins later they resumed and my number popped up, only for the guy to say those golden words "you will need this pick up letter to get your visa bla bla bla, and returned my i20 and said I will need it at the point of entry and then said good luck safe journey to the states. I was like person wey win jackpot. It was then I sighted Amerinancy sitting down waiting to be interviewed chai that babe tall come fine oh!
I want to give God all the glory because its his marvelous doing (never asked of statement, never asked of standardized test the only document I brought out was WAEC and my scholarship letter and he never even allowed me to explain myself before always cutting in. He was like "oboy I have been sent to give you visa no need for long talks"

Thank you guy nairalanders are wonderful @Walspring who would call me to advice and encourage me, I say a big thanks God bless you.

And to all going soon @walspring, slimmy, etc may God make your transcript sweeter than mine IJN amen.

Make I go studio joor go release album LMFAO!

Oboy na script u dey write oooo. Lol. I actually saw you.. u were the first guy to be attended to before system tripped off. A002 Abi lolz. I could see that bad look on your face when the vo guy asked you to go sit down.
Thank God you smiled at last. Smiles. All the best dude. But those ladies tight o..... I can talk now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by donpapachi(m): 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
Graviton. Where U dey.abi U don fly ni grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 21, 2014
@goldenchic, lol...kilode? DC is pretty expensive. More expensive than Indiana. U r a rich gurl.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mystiqme: 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2014
Mjseun: Visa interview at Lagos Consulate 6:30am appointment time.

As for many of you still going for ur interview may the favour of God go with you in Jesus name. Go get your visa.
Congrats bro. Mind telling me what this TETFUND is all about? Is it for lecturers, or first class students?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by phemix: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2014
oghenegano: Hello nairalander....my GRE score is 270 and i was offered admission buh am scared if d VO will make a comment on dat

Firstly dat score is low, its better than not doing it at all, if you can re-do it, wud be better

btw wats the name of the school. PM me bro we could work smtin out, am also switching to IT
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2014
oghenegano: Hello nairalander....my GRE score is 270 and i was offerred admission study Computer Information Science at masters level buh i have a good bsc in Geology...buh am scared if d VO will make a comment on dat....can someone advice me pls

Before you worry about GRE, do you have a good reason for switching from Geology to Comp Sci? That should be your major concern now as VOs must ask about it. Again, how did you get admission for masters into a course unrelated to your undergraduate course and with a low GRE? What exactly did the school see in your profile if its not a red flag school? No need to hide any information from us if you actually need help. Let us know your full profile so that you can be properly guided.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.