Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,092 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (455177 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 4:12am On Nov 03, 2013
Nalikedis: Please I want to ask concerning F1 visa application... Can I use a different sponsor from wat I submitted to school for I-20 issuance on my DS 160 form? since the name of sponsor didnt reflect on the I-20. Thank you.

Yes you can but remember the relationship between you and your sponsor is written on your I-20, so you ought to be careful especially when the VO asks you... who is sponsoring you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jimtosam: 4:32am On Nov 03, 2013
hmmmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 4:46am On Nov 03, 2013
Tochium: Hello everyone, What should be my answer to the following question while filling my visa application (DS-160)?

Have you made specific traveling plans?
Fill your itinerary details if you've already booked ahead, otherwise say NO but you will be prompted to say your intended date of travelling.
This isn't even a major desideratum for getting a visa as it's usually overlooked. So go with whichever suites your case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:27am On Nov 03, 2013
Tochium:

Yes you can but remember the relationship between you and your sponsor is written on your I-20, so you ought to be careful especially when the VO asks you... who is sponsoring you?
Thank you so much... Actually family funds was entered as my source of funding my uncle's name or relationship was not entered anywhere on the I-20
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by BannyE: 5:52am On Nov 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

Devry & keller will get you nothing but denial. They are not schools, so look for better ones. Americans also know them to be mushroom schools for people who are not fully into studying.

Don't fall victim of gullibility!

Hmmmm, am so sad* I just got admission there. Do u really mean there is no chance for me using Devry University and Keller Graduate School of management? Do u know of anyone that has use it and failed??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2013
BannyE:

Hmmmm, am so sad* I just got admission there. Do u really mean there is no chance for me using Devry University and Keller Graduate School of management? Do u know of anyone that has use it and failed??

Yes, I know a lots who got denied. Your chance is as lean as 30 years crippled legs. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by BannyE: 7:15am On Nov 03, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yes, I know a lots who got denied. Your chance is as lean as 30 years crippled legs. undecided

Then, I think I should start looking else where now. Which good School in Texas can accept as low as 61 for my TOEFL iBT score? And that will also give me good edge for my visa appl.? Thanks bro for ur swift response so far.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 9:29am On Nov 03, 2013
Nalikedis: Thank you so much... Actually family funds was entered as my source of funding my uncle's name or relationship was not entered anywhere on the I-20

Since it is Family Funds that was written on your i-20. Then you can choose any of the below mentioned family related; personal bank statement to go along wth to the embassy;

Your Uncle, Your Father, Your Mother, Your Aunty, Your Grandmother, Your Cousin, e.t.c.

But Please, have this @ the Back of your Mind, that since FAMILY FUNDS was stated on your i-20, NEVER take any of the above mentioned family related; company's bank statement. It will result to AUTOMATIC DENIAL.

So you need to collect their own personal Bank statement which is showing their full name as the name of account holder on the bank statement and NOT their company's bank statement.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
justwise: @WHIZBRO

What you are doing here will earn you a lengthy ban.

pls can u padon WHIZBRO for whatever offence he may have committed, his previous posts were really valuable.
Thanx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Since it is Family Funds that was written on your i-20. Then you can choose any of the below mentioned family related; personal bank statement to go along wth to the embassy;

Your Uncle, Your Father, Your Mother, Your Aunty, Your Grandmother, Your Cousin, e.t.c.

But Please, have this @ the Back of your Mind, that since FAMILY FUNDS was stated on your i-20, NEVER take any of the above mentioned family related; company's bank statement. It will result to AUTOMATIC DENIAL.

So you need to collect their own personal Bank statement which is showing their full name as the name of account holder on the bank statement and NOT their company's bank statement.
wao! like you were reading my mind ur response summarized my tot thank you so much you made my day...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 2:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
idalex:

pls can u padon WHIZBRO for whatever offence he may have committed, his previous posts were really valuable.
Thanx

How do you want me to pardon him?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by WHIZBRO(m): 2:57pm On Nov 03, 2013
I really do not know my 'offence' grin

*Ayinla Omowura* #happy Sunday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 3:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tochium:

please where on the i-20 is it written ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 3:53pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

thought they weren't straight to the point on the sponsor thing, didn't see anything like family or uncle as source of funds.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:22pm On Nov 03, 2013
nomso27:

thought they weren't straight to the point on the sponsor thing, didn't see anything like family or uncle as source of funds.

What is stated on your i-20 as source of funds?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:48pm On Nov 03, 2013
flynbird: Wow! Part 5, Page 34 shocked

Yea.. Part 5 and no be beanz.. How study and weather?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
Walspring:

Sent the employment letter to your email. Hope you have received it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2013
Walspring:

Sent that stuff you requested from me yesterday to your email. Hope you have received it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
@Nas and Imperiouxx, lol u guys are hurting me concerning the Chinese.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:27pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Sent that stuff you requested from me yesterday to your email. Hope you have received it?

okay i will check it later at night... Thanks bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
xandy84:

Am a little bit confused about the GRE of a thing.. I intend registering this month but was taking aback by the story.. My questions is Is it possible to write paper based exam in Nigeria? If yes then how do i register?

Yes. You can write the paper-based GRE test in Nigeria. There are 3 centers in Nigeria - Aba, Edo(Debyl house) and Lagos. However, it is written only 3 times a year - october, november and february. That of this year has passed. The next paper based GRE exam is in february next year.

I, personally, took the paper GRE test at Aba on Oct 20 last year. My reasons were: my familiarity with paper exams, my long-time adaptation to maneuvering my way through paper exams(you get to make drawings, comments, and solve on the paper etc than on computer tests) and proximity of the center to me(I was at Nsukka then). I didn't want to travel all the long distance to Lagos or Abuja to write the exam when I could comfortably write it close by.

The result doesn't come out immediately. It takes 3 weeks to come out. Despite being a paper based test, I scored way above 300, for those scared of nailing the test. wink

The center at Aba is Dority International Secondary School, 19/21 Umuodu Aba. It is run by Mrs Florence Onuma, an African American woman, married to an Igbo man. The woman is one tough disciplinarian I tell you. No cheating, no expo, no extra time. grin

To register, simply call ETS as usual or if you have a relative abroad, download and fill the registration form online, email it to him to print and have your relative mail it to ETS together with a money order of $185(this is how I registered). Or if you're close to or in Aba you can visit the school and ask of Uncle Lewis(08180461731). He's a teacher in the school.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:36pm On Nov 03, 2013
Ms Nas:
One of them dey two of my classes! This chinko claims to have been in America for three years, but her English ehn!! cry cry I always think, how did you manage to get a visa? Like WTH If she dey talk, I keep asking her to repeat herself! Its that bad.

Don't get me started on the Indians!! angry

grin grin.
I can imagine. I'll be telling my own story soon. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
shynepapin101:

Who cares if she can write one successfully. My first response to her if I were you, would have been we are both in school, what are we doing there, to learn right; so you need to learn how to write one for yourself.

Another point I'll tell her is I also don't want to get caught for aiding Plagiarism, it's a big offense in the U.S. Moreso, she should just try as she might be lucky again as she was with GRE.

grin grin

Impe, you're crazy OOº°˚˚˚˚°ºOo. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2013
Tochium: Hello everyone, What should be my answer to the following question while filling my visa application (DS-160)?

Have you made specific traveling plans?

I think I remember putting 'no' on my own form. That's the proper answer.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tochium: 5:52pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nalikedis: Thank you so much... Actually family funds was entered as my source of funding my uncle's name or relationship was not entered anywhere on the I-20

Family fund could be your father, mother, uncle, bro, sis etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
ahmedbrown: Pls guys I need assistant, i want to pay for an application fee to a US school, but the only available option adopted by the school is either paying through money order or check drawn on a US bank. Pls i need an advise on how to go about the payment.

I encountered the same problem when I was applying to the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. To overcome this hassle, you'll need someone who lives in the US to help you out. He/she'll get a money order of the amount of the school's application fee from a US bank, made payable to the school's name, and then mail it to the school. The payer's name should be your name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:19pm On Nov 03, 2013
frankie2K: Good Day All,
I dey hail the gurus in da house(imperioux,big francis and co).I want to say a big thank you as you helped me and instructed me on what to do,I am through with all the hassles (filling ds-160,paying sevis and booking) but the issue at stake now is :
1) My uncle who is my sponsor printed his bank statement and the balance was 4.7million, but on the i-20 it was stated that the money to budget for first year expenses is $51,000,will his balance jeopardize my chance of getting visa?
2) I am going to the interview with his photocopied certificate of incorporation and articles of memorandum, hope photocopies are accepted?
Thanks as I look forward for my interview.

Hello Frankie...howdy? Sorry I'm replying late. I've been out for sometime.

Send me a private message. I need to ask you something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
Graviton: Hello, house,

my admission application form requested for my correspondence address' zip code, I've searched for it and came by a lot of conflicting and contradictory codes.

Please, does anyone here happen to know the genuine zip code for Garki, Abuja(the National hospital district) I have an aunt who works there, I'm planning on using the hospital so my documents won't get lost on transit because it's a landmark and quite popular

The zip code for Abuja is 900001 and not 23409 and that of Garki specifically is 970001. 23409 is the international dialling code for Abuja. That is, the code someone calling a landline in Abuja from beyond Nigeria will add to the landline number for proper routing.

Dialling code and zip code aren't the same thing. Nigerians tend to confuse this a lot. While dialling codes are used in telecommunication network systems, zip codes, on the other hand, are used by the Postal Service Agency(NIPOST) to identify mail destinations. Zip codes are also called postal codes.

To get the postal or zip code of any state in Nigeria, visit here:
http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com/views/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2013
uobot: hello house, is it advisable to go for post Baccalaureate in the states? wat are my chances of a 26yrs getting a visa for that? cos my Bsc cgpa was too low to do masters direct. and do i need to write GRE or SAT in addition to toefl? i dont wanna waste my time and money with this usa embassy people wahala.

pls advice

I think I already gave you the best advice given your age limitation - to apply as a transfer student instead of as a fresh UG.

Your writing GRE/SAT depends on if the school also wants it. Don't confuse GRE and SAT - they are not for the same purpose. GRE is for masters/PhD admissions and SAT is for undergraduate admissions.

Getting a school to accept you for masters given your low 2.30/5.0 CGPA(which is likely to fall around 2.45/4.0 on the 4-point scale) will be difficult except your 3rd and final year performances together were high enough up to 2.70/5.0, then you could apply to schools that consider 3rd and final years of someone's UG work because some schools do that, and not the entire CGPA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:10pm On Nov 03, 2013
De Tus: @Nas and Imperiouxx, lol u guys are hurting me concerning the Chinese.
Why? Is your girlfriend Chinese and you don't wanna hear us talking that way about your future in-laws? grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 7:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin.
I can imagine. I'll be telling my own story soon. cheesy
Before nko? cheesy Wetin you still dey find for Naija sef? Dem never chase you comot? angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Yes. You can write the paper-based GRE test in Nigeria. There are 3 centers in Nigeria - Aba, Edo(Debyl house) and Lagos. However, it is written only 3 times a year - october, november and february. That of this year has passed. The next paper based GRE exam is in february next year.

I, personally, took the paper GRE test at Aba on Oct 20 last year. My reasons were: my familiarity with paper exams, my long-time adaptation to maneuvering my way through paper exams(you get to make drawings, comments, and solve on the paper etc than on computer tests) and proximity of the center to me(I was at Nsukka then). I didn't want to travel all the long distance to Lagos or Abuja to write the exam when I could comfortably write it close by.

The result doesn't come out immediately. It takes 3 weeks to come out. Despite being a paper based test, I scored way above 300, for those scared of nailing the test. wink

The center at Aba is Dority International Secondary School, 19/21 Umuodu Aba. It is run by Mrs Florence Onuma, an African American woman, married to an Igbo man. The woman is one tough disciplinarian I tell you. No cheating, no expo, no extra time. grin

To register, simply call ETS as usual or if you have a relative abroad, download and fill the registration form online, email it to him to print and have your relative mail it to ETS together with a money order of $185(this is how I registered). Or if you're close to or in Aba you can visit the school and ask of Uncle Lewis(08180461731). He's a teacher in the school.

thanx for ur post, u made mention 3 available centres for writing the paper-based GRE which are Aba, Edo, & Lagos. But towards d end of d 2nd paragraph u were talking abt Abuja, pls can u explain further.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (501)

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Italian Student Visa-help! / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.