Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,333 members, 7,826,330 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? (1484 Views)

Can You Do This To A Lady Without. ...? See Picture / Parental Consent - Really Necessary?? / Has anyone ever met a guy/lady on nairaland and date the person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 3:52pm On Oct 18, 2013
Regardless of the love or compatibility,redeem Christian church of God will never conduct a marriage without parental consent.

In Africa,especially Nigeria, we believe that blessings from parents matter a lot.

Guys/ladies,would you go ahead and marry that guy or lady without your parent's consent?

If they further Threaten not to come to the wedding,would you go ahead with it?

Mature comments please

boys should stay away.

Thanks.
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Indifferent(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2013
Odikwa risky o. I no fit, to avoid stories that touch
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Oxone(m): 5:42pm On Oct 18, 2013
Sure, if both parents are being unreasonable

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:07pm On Oct 18, 2013
Oxone: Sure, if both parents are being unreasonable

@ ozone,that is risky ooooooo.

Parental consent matters. Abegi no try am ooooooo regardless of the love
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2013
I can't try it o
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Harbosede02: I can't try it o

even if you love him so dearly?
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 19, 2013
Originakalokalo:

even if you love him so dearly?
yea,if my parents doesn't give deir blessing,d love has gat 2 stp.
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Dygeasy(m): 7:27am On Oct 19, 2013
Harbosede02: yea,if my parents doesn't give deir blessing,d love has gat 2 stp.
Are You For Real?

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Dygeasy(m): 7:28am On Oct 19, 2013
Oxone: Sure, if both parents are being unreasonable
Gbam!
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 19, 2013
Dygeasy: Are You For Real?
yup!wat if sumfin happens btw me and d guy in d future?wu wud i run to??
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:29am On Oct 19, 2013
@ harbosede, you are probably right.

Won't you try to convince them first before stoping the relationship?

I bet you,if you love him so much, you wouldn't just stop like that
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Oxone(m): 9:41am On Oct 19, 2013
Originakalokalo:

@ ozone,that is risky ooooooo.

Parental consent matters. Abegi no try am ooooooo regardless of the love

Depends on their reasons for refusing their blessings. If it's race, religion, culture, pedigree or the age long beef then they can as well shove it. angry

It's about time they let us live our lives & let us make our own mistakes since they've lived theirs

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 19, 2013
^^of course i wud try 2 convince or even beg them,bt 4 my own parent 2 refuse any guy i bring ome,haha!then hez nt mine.
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Oxone(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2013
^^ Ok and if their reason is flimsy?

Some parents can be funny & selfish you know

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 19, 2013
Oxone: ^^ Ok and if their reason is flimsy?

Some parents can be funny & selfish you know
selfish??did u jst say dat?wah parent wud be selfish 2 their own child...anyways i knw my own parent sha
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Oxone(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2013
Harbosede02: selfish??did u jst say dat?wah parent wud be selfish 2 their own child...anyways i knw my own parent sha

Yeah I did! Thank God you're only vouching for your own folks

I've seen parents who practically sold off their daughters to the highest bidder to satisfy their own selfish whims regardless of what's good for them and contrary to popular beliefs our parents don't always know what's best for us

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2013
Oxone:

Yeah I did! Thank God you're only vouching for your own folks

I've seen parents who practically sold off their daughters to the highest bidder to satisfy their own selfish whims regardless of what's good for them and contrary to popular beliefs our parents don't always know what's best for us
yea,i agree wif u....@op if ur parent fall unda dis category of pple abeg go mari d person u wan mari o,bt still try 2 convince them sha,they might change deir mind,moreso pray abt it.
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by texbaba1: 10:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Parental consent is important, but it doesnt determine whether or nt the marriage wld be successful. your parents may disagree initialy nd then you go ahead with the marriage, and latter on usually after 1 or 2 children, the couple are still very happy nd progressing together. The parents would endup accepting based on the outcome of the marriage. some parents can be selfish, basing their refusal on tribe, personal experiences, finincial status nd stuff, with total disregard to the fact that you are the one that will be in the marriage for life. I think parents should advice nd then the person decide especially wgen the person involved is a full blown adult.

1 Like

Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:33am On Oct 19, 2013
Harbosede02: yea,i agree wif u....@op if ur parent fall unda dis category of pple abeg go mari d person u wan mari o,bt still try 2 convince them sha,they might change deir mind,moreso pray abt it.

tanx.

Tanx.

Nobody to take home yet.

Maybe we should go home together.

lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 11:36am On Oct 19, 2013
Oxone:

Depends on their reasons for refusing their blessings. If it's race, religion, culture, pedigree or the age long beef then they can as well shove it. angry

It's about time they let us live our lives & let us make our own mistakes since they've lived theirs

they can as well shove it?

Ha!!!

Biblically,we ought to listen to them.

Wat if you are a redeem member?
No consent no marriage
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 19, 2013
Originakalokalo:

tanx.

Tanx.

Nobody to take home yet.

Maybe we should go home together.

lipsrsealed
lolz,m nt ready 2 follow any bodi ome
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Oxone(m): 11:58am On Oct 19, 2013
Originakalokalo:

they can as well shove it?

Ha!!!

Biblically,we ought to listen to them.

Wat if you are a redeem member?
No consent no marriage

Well I don't believe I must marry in a particular church or in a church for that matter. So long as there's a man of God to bless the marriage. Redeem can as well shove it too.

We let too many people decide too much what goes on in our personal lives. I'm really not up for that

2 Likes

Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2013
Harbosede02: lolz,m nt ready 2 follow any bodi ome

ok. I will wait.

*winks*
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by sweetpoison(m): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2013
Two cannot walk together except they agree.....its takes TWO...from d bible point of view...every other person is a third parry...
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Originakalokalo:

ok. I will wait.

*winks*
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
I won't even try it in my dreams talk less of reality

My parents have a very important role in my life and in the lives of my kids also

Abeg I can't shout

I always pray that my family in general accepts whoever I choose....likewise his family accept me too

God help us
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by lertee(f): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2013
Confused.

Love of partner and parental love are two hurtful things when they don't agree.
sad
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Dygeasy(m): 1:37pm On Oct 19, 2013
Harbosede02: yup!wat if sumfin happens btw me and d guy in d future?wu wud i run to??
What Sort Of Thing Can You Parents Have On Your Partner That'd Make You Dump Him?
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dygeasy: What Sort Of Thing Can You Parents Have On Your Partner That'd Make You Dump Him?
am nt using my parents 4 an example hr,cos i don't pray 4 such a tin 2 happen 2 me.
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Dygeasy(m): 3:19pm On Oct 19, 2013
Harbosede02: am nt using my parents 4 an example hr,cos i don't pray 4 such a tin 2 happen 2 me.
You Used Yourself As An Example Before. Nobody Prays For Such, Its A Discussion Here.
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 19, 2013
Dygeasy: You Used Yourself As An Example Before. Nobody Prays For Such, Its A Discussion Here.
grin
Dygeasy: You Used Yourself As An Example Before. Nobody Prays For Such, Its A Discussion Here.
Re: Would You Marry The Guy/lady Without Parental Consent? by Originakalokalo(m): 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2013
mechummy: I won't even try it in my dreams talk less of reality

My parents have a very important role in my life and in the lives of my kids also

Abeg I can't shout

I always pray that my family in general accepts whoever I choose....likewise his family accept me too

God help us

that prayer is well said.if you love someone so dearly that you just can't do without him ,then you will know that it is easier said than done.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Finally Marry The Girl That Was With You When You Were A Nobody? / Does Love Wear Out With Time? / What Is Wrong In Being A Narcissist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.