Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353888 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2023
Joeeasy:

Do not take this comment for granted, especially the good legs part.

I got the 2013 Gs350 f sport, my only problem is the legs and I spent quite a lot to fix it but it's still giving me vibrations and rattles(driving me crazy).

Just do your due diligence

Surprisingly, these cars are known to have propellers that causes vibrations.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Joeeasy(m): 9:26pm On May 19, 2023
kingreign:

Surprisingly, these cars are known to have propellers that causes vibrations.

I see, I’ll have the drive shaft and engine mounts inspected. I get this rocky feeling whenever I go through interlocked roads.

My 2001 es300 with 50k suspension has better ride quality
Re: Club-Lexus by Elui2(m): 6:28pm On May 21, 2023
Pls any one have an insight on brand new lianden compressor (automatic) for es 350.

Is it a good buy?

The secondly pls who has an idea on what can be causing a clicking sound under the car when moving on rough terrain and what can cause a "kpo" when the steering wheel is turned completely and the pedal is pressed to move.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:11pm On May 21, 2023
Elui2:
Pls any one have an insight on brand new lianden compressor (automatic) for es 350.

Is it a good buy?

The secondly pls who has an idea on what can be causing a clicking sound under the car when moving on rough terrain and what can cause a "kpo" when the steering wheel is turned completely and the pedal is pressed to move.
lower arm bushing.
As for the compressor, pls insist on Denso brand new.
Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 7:22pm On May 21, 2023
Elui2:

Is it a good buy?

Just a suggestion:

Check the steering rack bushing rubber. That place wey dem screw ham to the chases
Re: Club-Lexus by Mustack: 11:23pm On May 24, 2023
olumzzz:

Sweet ride. Hope you're not buying a converted one sha

My wish is to get toks
Re: Club-Lexus by olumzzz(m): 5:59am On May 25, 2023
Mustack:

My wish is to get toks
That's my wish for you too.
Clean title
Re: Club-Lexus by Kreamie(m): 7:15am On May 25, 2023
Yes it’s a good buy anytime, any day.
Elui2:

Is it a good buy?

Re: Club-Lexus by Elui2(m): 10:53pm On May 25, 2023
Pls I have been noticing sound coming from my trunk(boot) whenever I climb over a speed bump or drive through rough road.

Pls what could be the cause?
Re: Club-Lexus by Elui2(m): 3:48pm On May 26, 2023
Elui2:
Pls I have been noticing sound coming from my trunk(boot) whenever I climb over a speed bump or drive through rough road.

pls help
Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 5:09pm On May 26, 2023
Elui2:
pls help

I suggest you check the leg components. Shocks, linkage, and hub. Could be any of them. I stand to be corrected..
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 5:25pm On May 26, 2023
Joeeasy:

Do not take this comment for granted, especially the good legs part.

I got the 2013 Gs350 f sport, my only problem is the legs and I spent quite a lot to fix it but it's still giving me vibrations and rattles(driving me crazy).

Just do your due diligence

Have you tried getting the engine seating fixed?
Re: Club-Lexus by Elui2(m): 8:30pm On May 26, 2023
DanielsParker:

I suggest you check the leg components. Shocks, linkage, and hub. Could be any of them. I stand to be corrected..

The mechanic checked them and he said they are okay.

I no come understand
Re: Club-Lexus by Mustack: 9:15am On May 27, 2023
olumzzz:

That's my wish for you too.
Clean title

Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by MBG1: 3:47pm On May 29, 2023
Please who owns or is driving a Lexus GS350 2008-2010. Is it advisable to buy?

If you own one, what issues are you facing and how do you work around them? Outside Lagos do you think mechanics can work on the car if there are any issues?
Re: Club-Lexus by MBG1: 3:50pm On May 29, 2023
GS350 2008
ES350 2010
Camry SE 2012.

Which is more advisable? I’m the type of person that’ll only leave home like 3times in a week. I work from home. Which one is the best option? My road has some potholes on a short distance. I don’t really care about fuel economy.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 4:44pm On May 29, 2023
MBG1:
GS350 2008
ES350 2010
Camry SE 2012.

Which is more advisable? I’m the type of person that’ll only leave home like 3times in a week. I work from home. Which one is the best option? My road has some potholes on a short distance. I don’t really care about fuel economy.

GS350
Re: Club-Lexus by MBG1: 6:36pm On May 29, 2023
Ariiinze:

GS350

Do you own one? Hope not much maintenance issues?
Re: Club-Lexus by Ariiinze: 12:40pm On May 30, 2023
MBG1:

Do you own one? Hope not much maintenance issues?

Yes. I drive the 2009. Just do your regular maintenance, have your legs intact and enjoy the speed of GS350.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Joeeasy(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2023
Ariiinze:

Have you tried getting the engine seating fixed?

So I installed new OEM rotors since the previous one is unevened which has significantly reduced the vibration.

I’ll check the engine seating tomorrow, I ordered for front ball joints also
Re: Club-Lexus by Depressed101: 9:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
Guys I have this issue with my lexus es 350 2013.

When I got the car, whenever I park it, it will automatically fold, and automatically open when I start the engine. But after my car battery was changed, it stopped doing so. I've googled all I could there seems to be a missing button in my car that's supposed to be there. I read somewhere that only Japanese lexus comes with the reset button.

A mechanic said he knows a guy that could reset it, but I haven't met him....

Also my radiator is leaking (I can't tell how come) I load water into it every morning now (which wasn't so before. My mechanic has advice me to buy a new one,. My question is can't be repaired?
Re: Club-Lexus by mayor2013: 7:43am On Jun 03, 2023
Depressed101:
Guys I have this issue with my lexus es 350 2013.

When I got the car, whenever I park it, it will automatically fold, and automatically open when I start the engine. But after my car battery was changed, it stopped doing so. I've googled all I could there seems to be a missing button in my car that's supposed to be there. I read somewhere that only Japanese lexus comes with the reset button.

A mechanic said he knows a guy that could reset it, but I haven't met him....

Also my radiator is leaking (I can't tell how come) I load water into it every morning now (which wasn't so before. My mechanic has advice me to buy a new one,. My question is can't be repaired?

A reset procedure can solve that. A mechanic without a coolant pressure tester. Get a competent tech
Re: Club-Lexus by obinnanelson4(m): 10:32am On Jun 03, 2023
kingreign:

Replace the engine is the best option. Where is the car location?
Engine has been replace with Belgium standard worth (#550,000) 4wheeldrive in Kaduna. The car now respond very sharp as new.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dmamasboy(m): 11:04am On Jun 03, 2023
Elui2:

Check your spare tire and make sure it’s fastened well. That could be the problem. It has happened to me couple of times. The tightening screw unscrews sometimes with time.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Dmamasboy(m): 11:08am On Jun 03, 2023
Hello guys. I would like to know your mpg especially for people that drive around Lagos regularly for work. My mpg is at 13 which is by every standard low. It could be because of the start and stop due to Lagos traffic. Let me know what you think.
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 11:57am On Jun 03, 2023
Dmamasboy:
Hello guys. I would like to know your mpg especially for people that drive around Lagos regularly for work. My mpg is at 13 which is by every standard low. It could be because of the start and stop due to Lagos traffic. Let me know what you think.
16.7 2010 es 350. What is your ride?
Re: Club-Lexus by Dmamasboy(m): 12:06pm On Jun 03, 2023
henro4niger:

16.7 2010 es 350. What is your ride?

2012 Is250 awd. Is yours rwd or awd? Do you use octane booster?
Re: Club-Lexus by Angrygoat: 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2023
Unleaded fuel only,oyinbo deyvstamp am for fuel tank. Unless u go dey buy fuel treatment 3k per can,close eye buy like 3 bottles. 1 bottle fit chest 65 litres. So na u know. Also check your 02 sensor with maf sensor. I cleaned my maf sensor bulb today, e dirty like mad. Then if your 02 sensor no good. Na gobe be that,u go comot am,soak am inside toilet cleaner max 1 hrs. All the water go black. But factory mpg for naija. Highest u go get na 16 to 17mpg if na v6. If na corrola. Even 5 7 litres go carry u reach berger..
Dmamasboy:
Re: Club-Lexus by Angrygoat: 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2023
Es na front wheel drive. Is 350,300 rwd,250 na awd/fwd
henro4niger:

Lexus es doesn't have option for rwd or awd, just fwd. I don't believe in additives
na front wheel drive with support on emergency axle
Dmamasboy:

Re: Club-Lexus by Angrygoat: 4:53pm On Jun 03, 2023
If ubhave gear with engine problem. Pls and pls do not repair.naijabmechanic go chop u. Better get rear accidented gear with engine sole,direct toks and have peace of mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2023
Dmamasboy:

Lexus es doesn't have option for rwd or awd, just fwd. I don't believe in additives

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.