Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353612 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 1:30am On Sep 25, 2023
Judejibs:
Please guys I need your assistance I plan upgrading from corolla 2010 to RX350 07 or 08. I have read reviews online and I got to read that the 2007 and 2008 and problematic. I am asking here for those who have these vehicles to advise me and also the experts in the house. Also offers for these vehicles are welcomed. 08030675746

These cars aren't problematic. They're fine. Get a well maintained unit and keep maintaining it, you'd enjoy it.

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 4:17am On Sep 26, 2023
Judejibs:
Please guys I need your assistance I plan upgrading from corolla 2010 to RX350 07 or 08. I have read reviews online and I got to read that the 2007 and 2008 and problematic. I am asking here for those who have these vehicles to advise me and also the experts in the house. Also offers for these vehicles are welcomed. 08030675746
Carry out proper inspection before purchase so you'll get a good one.
You can call 07089030689 if in Lagos for prepurchase inspection.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dracoe(m): 9:05am On Oct 10, 2023
Hi guys,
I checked my car wheels this morning and I noticed there was a lot of oil deposit on the metals and joints by the front right tyre which was the opposite of the left front tyre as that was quite dry.

Also I hear clanking noises from the front wheel when I drive on rough roads and gallops .
Car is a Lexus RX 350 2011
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2023
Dracoe:
Hi guys,
I checked my car wheels this morning and I noticed there was a lot of oil deposit on the metals and joints by the front right tyre which was the opposite of the left front tyre as that was quite dry.

Also I hear clanking noises from the front wheel when I drive on rough roads and gallops .
Car is a Lexus RX 350 2011
Kindly post pics of the affected wheel
Re: Club-Lexus by opey25(m): 12:57pm On Nov 04, 2023
My 2008 RX 350 has been having transmission issues since April . It doesn't select properly and acceleration is always difficult. At times it jerk forward before picking up then it will slow down.

Two mechanics have tried to fix the problem but the issue still persist. I got a guy that later assisted to run scan on the vehicle and one of the error codes is P0746 Pressure control solenoid A performance or stuck off.

The guy said the error code has to do with the " "valve body " in the gear.

Has anyone experienced similar issue and what was done to fix it.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 1:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
opey25:
My 2008 RX 350 has been having transmission issues since April . It doesn't select properly and acceleration is always difficult. At times it jerk forward before picking up then it will slow down.

Two mechanics have tried to fix the problem but the issue still persist. I got a guy that later assisted to run scan on the vehicle and one of the error codes is P0746 Pressure control solenoid A performance or stuck off.

Replace transmission and rest.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2023
opey25:

Can only be trial and error. Replacement is the best option
Re: Club-Lexus by Fieryblaze: 12:00am On Nov 22, 2023
This car wants to kill me. I don't even know where to start listing problems. I spend at least 50k on repairs every month, I am that person that hears the slightest sound in my vehicle and the next day I am at the mechanic. I thought they said if you take care of your car it wouldn't disturb you.
The latest issue this car is giving me now is very stiff steering, I changed the steering fluid, flushed the system, it is still stiff. My worry now is should I change the pump? Will that not affect the steering rack?
I am tired. And the mechanics around me are so terrible, I am tired of mechanics, calling steering pump 70k, I am tired of this country, everybody just wants to collect the small that is with you. I digress undecided The Car is a 2008 ES350.
Ooooh I forgot to add that the cruise control also stopped working around the same time this stiff steering issue started. I don't even know if that's a related problem or it is a stand alone issue. I am 100% sure my mechanic would not know what to do about the cruise control. I just need help abeg.
Re: Club-Lexus by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:27am On Nov 22, 2023
Fieryblaze:
This car wants to kill me. I don't even know where to start listing problems. I spend at least 50k on repairs every month, I am that person that hears the slightest sound in my vehicle and the next day I am at the mechanic. I thought they said if you take care of your car it wouldn't disturb you.
The latest issue this car is giving me now is very stiff steering, I changed the steering fluid, flushed the system, it is still stiff. My worry now is should I change the pump? Will that not affect the steering rack?
I am tired. And the mechanics around me are so terrible, I am tired of mechanics, calling steering pump 70k, I am tired of this country, everybody just wants to collect the small that is with you. I digress undecided The Car is a 2008 ES350.
Ooooh I forgot to add that the cruise control also stopped working around the same time this stiff steering issue started. I don't even know if that's a related problem or it is a stand alone issue. I am 100% sure my mechanic would not know what to do about the cruise control. I just need help abeg.
in the future ,resist from buying the first year models of cars.Try to buy the last model.most first models are problematic.hope you understand what I mean.the 2011 model wud av being better.my friend who bought the 2007 also complains of problems all the time.he had to seel it as a scrapiko

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by UgoFly: 2:10pm On Nov 22, 2023
Fieryblaze:

Are you in Abuja? Your problem is wrong mechanic and electricians.

Are you in Abuja?
Re: Club-Lexus by UgoFly: 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2023
For Lexus users with electric steering issue, I luckily met a rewire guy in Abuja is exceptionally good with Lexus. When everyone I met offline and online told me to change steering rack, the guy expertly identified the electric problem and solved it.

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Dozieson(m): 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2023
Fieryblaze:

Just get a good mechanic. Always be there when repairs are ongoing. Watch what they are doing
Re: Club-Lexus by keeper303: 6:09am On Nov 23, 2023
UgoFly:
For Lexus users with electric steering issue, I luckily met a rewire guy in Abuja is exceptionally good with Lexus. When everyone I met offline and online told me to change steering rack, the guy expertly identified the electric problem and solved it.

You will help many Abuja car owners having similar problems by sharing his contacts.

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 8:22am On Nov 23, 2023
Fieryblaze:
For the cruise control issue, did you take out the steering rack for repairs?
If you did, your spiral cable is bad (all thanks to your mechanic).
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2023
Dozieson:

Just get a good mechanic. Always be there when repairs are ongoing. Watch what they are doing
Story.
A quack is a quack weda you carry chair sit down with him or not. Wetin wan happen go happen.
Besides not everybody enjoys having their clients breathing on them while working.
Re: Club-Lexus by vivalavida(m): 10:11am On Nov 23, 2023
jceesquare:

Story.
A quack is a quack weda you carry chair sit down with him or not. Wetin wan happen go happen.
Besides not everybody enjoys having their clients breathing on them while working.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Club-Lexus by Highorbit7O16: 6:57am On Nov 24, 2023
Hello everyone. Please I need help ooo
My Lexus RX300 revs at 4000 for 120km/hr on the highway. Isn't this too high for such speed? And my fuel consumption is too high.
I plan on driving this car from Lagos to Kaduna for Christmas
Re: Club-Lexus by Angrygoat: 9:02am On Nov 24, 2023
Thats on 4th gear. Unless your transmission wan pack up be that....
Highorbit7O16:
My Lexus RX300 revs at 4000 for 120km/hr on the highway. Isn't this too high for such speed? And my fuel consumption is too high.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:12pm On Nov 24, 2023
Highorbit7O16:

Scan the car, I bet your knock sensor or TPS sensor is bad.
Re: Club-Lexus by TT20: 11:21am On Dec 09, 2023
I just discovered that the gx470 engine is driven by the timing belt. How does one manage this so the belt won't snap and damage the engine. Is it interference??
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 1:59pm On Dec 09, 2023
TT20:
I just discovered that the gx470 engine is driven by the timing belt. How does one manage this so the belt won't snap and damage the engine. Is it interference??
Your mechanic is in the best position to inspect and advise accordingly.
Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 7:44am On Dec 18, 2023
Creditalerts:
Hello house my lexus rx350 arrived last week I'm putting this six months used registered tokunbo standard baby for sell ES350,come with your offers I personally bought and ship it to Nigeria .I spent 6.4million to bring it to Nigeria.

What do you have to say about the handling of rx to es? Which do you prefer? Es has more power on paper but has only fwd, since you've driven both, which do you think has more power and more fun to drive? Finally, what do you have to say about the fuel economy of both? Please help a brother answer all the questions, I'd really appreciate that. I want to sell my 2010 es and get the rx. Are you in abuja?

Please drop your honest review about the two vehicles and add anything I might have missed. I want to get the 013 cause of bad roads
Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 8:07am On Dec 18, 2023
UgoFly:
Share contact and location, you will be helping the guy and guys on here too pls
Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 8:52am On Dec 18, 2023
My car is Lexus es300 2003 model. I do get average of 14mpg . How good is this?
Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 10:52am On Dec 18, 2023
DanielsParker:
My car is Lexus es300 2003 model. I do get average of 14mpg . How good is this?

I get 15mpg or less in my 2010 es350 but I noticed that what greatly affect it is my driving style and driving terrain. If I drive short distances in a bad road, it gets as bad as 11mpg. If I drive long distances in a good road, it gets up to 22mpg. Not sure what causes this. My catalyst has been removed, not sure if it is the cause, though I strongly believe that the cat is not the cause and that it is normal, but since I have not been able to clear cat and o2 sensor related codes since the removal, I am considering putting it back
Re: Club-Lexus by boykris2: 10:49am On Dec 21, 2023
Pls I need to buy tail light (rear light) of gs 350 2018 f sport. Passenger side (boot and body light). Does anyone have a plug. I can also do a counter, swapping my left side for complete set ( left and right). Anyone have any plug, show me way
Re: Club-Lexus by seanwilliam(m): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2023
Dopenigga:
Abeg, how different is the fuel consumption of Toyota Camry SE 2012 Vs Lexus ES350 2011?
Which did you later go for please?
Re: Club-Lexus by UgoFly: 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2023
Balistic4:

Share contact and location, you will be helping the guy and guys on here too pls
I have
Re: Club-Lexus by princejones(m): 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
Wil soon be joining this club
Re: Club-Lexus by Dopenigga(m): 1:23am On Dec 23, 2023
seanwilliam:

Which did you later go for please?
2013 Camry SE
Re: Club-Lexus by civilserva: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2023
Pls who can explain why my radiator is taking almost one liter of water every morning. There is no visible leakage and the car does not overheat. The car is Es350 2007 model.

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.