Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353247 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Bush2013: 10:21pm On Mar 05
Which one is original?
2shure:
Really. Well of he no remove transmission pan.then 4litres dey ok. But hope na original type t4 o.not all those repackaged fake trans oil obidients dey package as original. Was the can colour green ot na the old red colour
Re: Club-Lexus by 2shure: 10:40pm On Mar 05
The one in green can,tho not guaranteed,unless u import from yankee cos obedients don adulterate
Bush2013:
Which one is original?
Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 10:42pm On Mar 05
2shure:
Really. Well of he no remove transmission pan.then 4litres dey ok. But hope na original type t4 o.not all those repackaged fake trans oil obidients dey package as original. Was the can colour green ot na the old red colour

It's a red color although they showed me the green one too of about 50k, got the red color one for 35k.

Tried to clean the numbers on top, didn't clean off, although the paint kind of robbed off but the number still shows clearly despite my attempt to try and rub it off with my finger.

Does that indicate a fake one?
Re: Club-Lexus by 2shure: 10:44pm On Mar 05
Honestly i cant say. They can repackage fake steering oil disguised as transmission oil at ladipo inside original can. Just dey pray
Maxcoded:

It's a red color although they showed me the green one too of about 50k, got the red color one for 35k.

Tried to clean the numbers on top, didn't clean off, although the paint kind of robbed off but the number still shows clearly despite my attempt to try and rub it off with my finger.

Does that indicate a fake one?
Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 10:53pm On Mar 05
2shure:
Honestly i cant say. They can repackage fake steering oil disguised as transmission oil at ladipo inside original can. Just dey pray

Omooh, Naija. People really don't have the fear of God again, ahah

I have not noticed any issues with it tho, ever since the oil change. No jerking or delay in engaging gears

Although I noticed at times when I use a low gear to enter an uphill, the car quickly tries to engage a new gear(I assume gear 1) when I try to accelerate which I assume is normal. Because even in a manual transmission, you will need gear one to better navigate an uphill

I might be wrong with my analysis tho, don't know too much about cars, lol
Re: Club-Lexus by 2shure: 11:02pm On Mar 05
Normal hill na gear 1 na. Gear 3 na fire down.gear 4 na turbo.while gear 5 na see mary,see jesus. Pls dont forget,its not a rwd ,its a fwd ,pls dont fire it more than 100kph,or highest 120kph. o cos that es350 no balance for ground esp hard breaks on hard acceleration could be disastrous. in all take care of lexus.
Maxcoded:

Omooh, Naija. People really don't have the fear of God again, ahah

I have not noticed any issues with it tho, ever since the oil change. No jerking or delay in engaging gears

Although I noticed at times when I use a low gear to enter an uphill, the car quickly tries to engage a new gear(I assume gear 1) when I try to accelerate which I assume is normal. Because even in a manual transmission, you will need gear one to better navigate an uphill

I might be wrong with my analysis tho, don't know too much about cars, lol
Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 11:05pm On Mar 05
2shure:
Normal hill na gear 1 na. Gear 3 na fire down.gear 4 na turbo.while gear 5 na see mary,see jesus. Pls dont forget,its not a rwd ,its a fwd ,pls dont fire it more than 100kph,or highest 120kph. o cos that es350 no balance for ground esp hard breaks on hard acceleration could be disastrous. in all take care of lexus.

E say see Mary see Jesus 😂😂😂

Wetin I dey find go 120kph, ah go still like enjoy life well.
Re: Club-Lexus by Harbewilliams(m): 11:52pm On Mar 05
My name is Abiodun, I run an online Auto shop (harbewilliams AUTO) reg. We will like to partner with you on the sales of your car, through our online sales mechanism, we will help you to get a quick and accurate deal that will be of great deal for all partners.

‪https:///message/O42S72HMARD6N1

buy
sales
distress sales
car swap
sales partnership
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:17am On Mar 06
Maxcoded:

Thanks a lot, I guess I should get used to the fans always running at full speed. The car doesn't overheat tho, max temperature on the gauge is always not above half even in super hot weather

Pls do yourself a favour and avoid taking automotive lessons or advice from the moniker who told you to leave a fan running at full speeds immediately you turn it on. I've used quite a number of cars and their fans are all kept at factory settings. I've never had any issue with overheating.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 8:18am On Mar 06
2shure:

WTF!

🤯😡

Maxcoded:

E say see Mary see Jesus 😂😂😂

Wetin I dey find go 120kph, ah go still like enjoy life well.

No dey follow person wey no sabi anything for cars to talk lie and mislead you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Club-Lexus by Besto(m): 10:25am On Mar 06
Maxcoded:
Hello everyone and good evening

I just got an 07 es 350 few weeks ago and I have just one issue. The radiator fan comes on and runs at full speed when the engine is switched ON, even when it's super cold in the morning. By my understanding, the cooling fan should only come on when the engine is getting to a certain temperature

My mechanic told me they've removed the thermostat because of the Nigerian weather (normal BS) . I find that hard to believe because oyibo wey do car must have factored all these into consideration when building the car

Now the fans noise seems kind of annoying as it runs at full speed.. Most es350 I know are very quiet when idle

I would really appreciate any input

Thanks a lot

Dem don connect am directly.

ES350 wey fit enter your compound and comot without you noticing if you no use eyes look.

Sometimes I go dey look rpm to check weda car still dey on when I'm inside
Re: Club-Lexus by visita: 10:38am On Mar 06
My rx 350 fans were connected directly when a new radiator was installed from the port just to move it out. I hated the fact that they were always blowing at full speed and the noise. It has been corrected and returned to factory settings now and I like it better this way
Besto:

ES350 wey fit enter your compound and comot without you noticing if you no use eyes look.

Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 8:09pm On Mar 06
Besto:

When I'm inside the car, it's super quiet. It's only the outside that seems kind of loud due to the fans running at full speed
Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 8:11pm On Mar 06
Besto:

Do you recommend I return the thermostat to see how it functions?

I'm very positive that if we put back the thermostat, the fan noise would definitely reduce. The only issue I have is the overheating, the mechanic said they must have removed the thermostat because it was overheating

Very confused on what to do right now
Re: Club-Lexus by Besto(m): 9:22pm On Mar 06
Maxcoded:

Do you recommend I return the thermostat to see how it functions?

I'm very positive that if we put back the thermostat, the fan noise would definitely reduce. The only issue I have is the overheating, the mechanic said they must have removed the thermostat because it was overheating

Very confused on what to do right now

Thermostat is not an electrical device and doesn't control the fans, What controls your fan is the temp sensor/ coolant temp sensor that works together with the ecu.

You thermostat might still be present sef.

They just connected your Fan directly to ignition line because of laziness to properly diagnose a previous overheating situation, so your situation is above the thermostat thing

You need a professional car elect to connect the fans back to the default wiring lines and then observe if your radiator fan kicks in @ 200 degrees Fahrenheit, if it doesn't then he should do further diagnosis.
Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 10:50pm On Mar 06
Besto:

Thermostat is not an electrical device and doesn't control the fans, What controls your fan is the temp sensor/ coolant temp sensor that works together with the ecu.

You thermostat might still be present sef.

They just connected your Fan directly to ignition line because of laziness to properly diagnose a previous overheating situation, so your situation is above the thermostat thing

You need a professional car elect to connect the fans back to the default wiring lines and then observe if your radiator fan kicks in @ 200 degrees Fahrenheit, if it doesn't then he should do further diagnosis.

Nicely put, thanks a lot.

But man, the finding the professional is the main koko. All the people I have around me are mostly Kazeems, lol

Maybe get used to it?

Does connecting the fan directly have an adverse effect on the engine?
Re: Club-Lexus by Besto(m): 3:15am On Mar 07
Maxcoded:

Nicely put, thanks a lot.

But man, the finding the professional is the main koko. All the people I have around me are mostly Kazeems, lol

Maybe get used to it?

Does connecting the fan directly have an adverse effect on the engine?

Engine takes time to reach operating temp

So you are expected to burn more fuel in such set up.

And many other like engine/gear oil flow time, so unnoticeably you fucking up your engine slowly.

But as the fuel, you will notice it.

Like my car it is manufacturer programmed not to enter 6th gear if the gear oil temp isn't hot yet so imagine me on your kind of fan set up trying to race my car because I'm running late.
Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 7:45am On Mar 07
Besto:

Engine takes time to reach operating temp

So you are expected to burn more fuel in such set up.

And many other like engine/gear oil flow time, so unnoticeably you fucking up your engine slowly.

But as the fuel, you will notice it.

Like my car it is manufacturer programmed not to enter 6th gear if the gear oil temp isn't hot yet so imagine me on your kind of fan set up trying to race my car because I'm running late.

Thank you so much

I have noticed the fuel consumption tho, it's enormous even for a V6
Re: Club-Lexus by Nomerci: 12:29pm On Mar 07
I drove with just 1 liter of fuel this morning and i covered a distance of almost a mile. B4 topping up at a filling station and yes mine is a v6. Your sensors are bad or u dont have a catalyst,or the nozzles are dirty
Maxcoded:

Thank you so much

I have noticed the fuel consumption tho, it's enormous even for a V6
Re: Club-Lexus by Abbeyismo(m): 10:48pm On Mar 07
Maxcoded:

I just got an 07 es 350 few weeks ago and I have just one issue. The radiator fan comes on and runs at full speed when the engine is switched ON, even when it's super cold in the morning. By my understanding, the cooling fan should only come on when the engine is getting to a certain temperature

My mechanic told me they've removed the thermostat because of the Nigerian weather (normal BS) . I find that hard to believe because oyibo wey do car must have factored all these into consideration when building the car

Now the fans noise seems kind of annoying as it runs at full speed.. Most es350 I know are very quiet when idle

Thanks a lot
So first your thermostat has been remove because of nigeria weather wish is wrong
Secondly they put ur car fans on direct ignition wish simply means ur car is running low on temperature,
With this now ur car will consume more fuel and ur engine will start building up sloge slowly because the engine is not hot enough for the whole oil to mealt no matter how long you drive the car.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:52am On Mar 08
Abbeyismo:

So first your thermostat has been remove because of nigeria weather wish is wrong
Secondly they put ur car fans on direct ignition wish simply means ur car is running low on temperature,
With this now ur car will consume more fuel and ur engine will start building up sloge slowly because the engine is not hot enough for the whole oil to mealt no matter how long you drive the car.
Who told you this?

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 9:29am On Mar 08
Maxcoded:

Es 350 doesn't have a dipstick, it's one of the things I hate about the car
There's a way you perform an oil level check which is a mixture of checking the temperature with a live scan, or hot-wiring the system to service mode and draining out the excess oil while engine is running.
Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 3:55pm On Mar 08
Abbeyismo:

Not sure if this your last paragraph analysis is correct.

My temperature gauge gradually increases as I drive the car, which should indicate the engine actually does get hot at a point
Re: Club-Lexus by Abbeyismo(m): 6:33pm On Mar 08
Maxcoded:

Not sure if this your last paragraph analysis is correct.

My temperature gauge gradually increases as I drive the car, which should indicate the engine actually does get hot at a point
Normal temperature degrees suppose reach 94° when it get to 98° fan pick up and cool back to 94°.
While driving without thermostat and direct fan the temperature will stay on 85° no matter how long ur distance is. With this the engine is not hot enough.
Use scanner and check to confirm after ur movement.
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 10:53am On Mar 09
Abbeyismo:

Normal temperature degrees suppose reach 94° when it get to 98° fan pick up and cool back to 94°.
While driving without thermostat and direct fan the temperature will stay on 85° no matter how long ur distance is. With this the engine is not hot enough.
Use scanner and check to confirm after ur movement.
Bros, at 85° C, vehicle would enter Close Loop and work optimally regardless.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 11:04am On Mar 09
jceesquare:

Bros, at 85° C, vehicle would enter Close Loop and work optimally regardless.

Depending on models, engine types and regions a lot of Toyota thermostat are rated 83°C, 86°C leave am make e dey comment anything he doesn't know.

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Maxcoded: 9:01pm On Mar 09
Maxcoded:

Thanks a lot

Okay so an update on this

After reading so many articles online coupled with what people also said on this thread, I finally resorted to putting back the thermostat.

Turns out, there was an underlying overheating issue which the "Kazeem" was too lazy to fix hence, optin for the thermostat removal. The new mechanic I tried found out the radiator was leaking at the top, he removed it and fixed it. Put it back together with the new thermostat I bought, rewired the fans back to Factory settings and voila, the annoying fan noise stopped. Now the fan only picks up when the engine gets to a certain temperature and also switches off when the temperature is at optimal temp. The temperature is now stable at the halfway mark and there is no issue of overheating, despite the super hot weather.

The car is now super quiet.

..and oh, I found out today that my under-hood catalyst is absent, 😂. But that's a "fight" for another day

Thanks for everyone who contributed, really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 9:20pm On Mar 09
Maxcoded:

Okay so an update on this

After reading so many articles online coupled with what people also said on this thread, I finally resorted to putting back the thermostat.

Turns out, there was an underlying overheating issue which the "Kazeem" was too lazy to fix hence, optin for the thermostat removal. The new mechanic I tried found out the radiator was leaking at the top, he removed it and fixed it. Put it back together with the new thermostat I bought, rewired the fans back to Factory settings and voila, the annoying fan noise stopped. Now the fan only picks up when the engine gets to a certain temperature and also switches off when the temperature is at optimal temp. The temperature is now stable at the halfway mark and there is no issue of overheating, despite the super hot weather.

The car is now super quiet.

..and oh, I found out today that my under-hood catalyst is absent, 😂. But that's a "fight" for another day

Thanks for everyone who contributed, really appreciate it

Cool
Re: Club-Lexus by Elui2(m): 4:21pm On Mar 30
Hello fam.

Pls apart from hardex gold engine oil for Lexus es350 which other brand is also very good but not too expensive.

The price of hardex gold is much now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.